(1) — rb

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-01-23 10:42:00)

Mod Notes
: -prodding PenguinPower
-I ran out of pre-written flavour again
-also I’m ill, RIP me
Last edited by Menalque on Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

My scumgame is overrated I want to be better at town than scum
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

A50 I don't think indignation will ever help me read you correctly
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Trying to think if a bodyguard doesn’t fit with the other roles
Frank
Frank
Goon
Frank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Frank »

In post 2565, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2560, popsofctown wrote:Why would you put that much effort into a game where you rolled scum tho
He's NOT SCUM, but
he is
doing his best for the Town to
lose the game
. I dunno how you can sheep a Turkey anyway. Like, the only reason I am not actively throwing is rb has been dedicated enough I'd be ashamed to let him down. If it was for you and gobble I'd have thrown already
and felt happy doing it
Do you have any strongish leads for scum? It's not like no one is willing to listen to you or engage you, and it feels like you're portraying frustration to suggest that's how you feel. If you're town I just think you're making it hard on yourself by being less obvtown than usual. Yeah, I know, coming from me that's gotta be rich but in retrospect your performance in New Beginnings was a lot more solvey. Even in Black vs White mafia I thought you were strongly town while I was alive.

I'm not trying to be condescending, really. But can you really look at the content you've provided over this phase and suggest that anyone is game throwing by pushing you?
Frank
Frank
Goon
Frank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by Frank »

In post 2569, popsofctown wrote:I've heard that he's pretty good
from who?? :lol:
Frank
Frank
Goon
Frank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Frank »

In post 2571, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 2569, popsofctown wrote:Do you think eth0s is a shitty player? He was lightly scumreading you early and I've heard that he's pretty good
He’s self admitted better as scum than town. I have opinions about the type of player who is baseline better as scum than town, but it doesn’t mean they are bad
I wish it wasn't that way. I mean, hell, my town winrate is probably way higher than my scum winrate but I'm pretty good at making people believe I'm town when I'm not, whereas I feel like I'm constantly fighting to prove that I'm town in most of my town games.

I will say that I have played the town leader role a few times and correctly persuaded town to lynch the scum but that's probably all been in newbie games. Sometimes I do have really strong town games but uncertainty is my biggest enemy, and usually what causes my play to be bad. In this game I have
a lot
of uncertainty and that makes me want to take a backseat but it's been hard with a few other slots seeming to do the same thing.

Although in my game with you and JJD as Cliff Booth, that's one of two games I can think of where I was extremely confident as town and fucked everything up by being stubborn. I want to be a better town player. I
playing town more. I'm just better at lying than solving I guess, and that's especially problematic here when no one seems to be confident about who is scum.
Frank
Frank
Goon
Frank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Frank »

In post 2573, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 2570, popsofctown wrote:Idk why gobble is contemplating universes where he is unavailable to post next day phase lol
I’m posting from the universe where I die either today and if I’m wrong about A50, I die tomorrow

I do not want to go 3p LyLo and I will self hammer to not get there
If we go to lylo I want you there tbh :/
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 2582, Frank wrote:
In post 2570, popsofctown wrote:Idk why gobble is contemplating universes where he is unavailable to post next day phase lol
I’m posting from the universe where I die either today and if I’m wrong about A50, I die tomorrow

I’m just gonna get lynched. Getting lynched in 3P LyLo is the worst
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think it was radarcowballs
"Well, I..."
Frank
Frank
Goon
Frank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Frank »

In post 2576, popsofctown wrote:I want to be better at town than scum
I wanna talk about this in post game, I've already clogged up the thread too much talking about my playstyle but I feel this so hard.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2577, popsofctown wrote:A50 I don't think indignation will ever help me read you correctly
Now let's face it: You will
never
be able to read me. You're simply not that good (no offense). You're a surface level player who repeats their mistakes over and over and over. Some player
did
develop ways to read me to various degrees of accuracy. Some even surprise me by how well they can read me using elements I'm not aware of in my play. I do try to keep my scum/town play semi-identical (what player would like to go into a game with a neon sign on their head stating their alignment), but the trick is to find things I am not yet aware of to tell the difference. Either that or STOP USING META since you actually suck at it.

Listen, any decent player should be able to tweak their game around their meta. so that they can't be easily spotted when they roll scum. You either think I'm a decent player, and thus you can't meta me with any degree of accuracy, or you think I suck and then you suck more for failing to spot the differences of such a bad player as myself. Pick one.

And to add insult to injury; you are not even trying to meta me yourself. You are sheeping someone who sucks at it. What good is you being conf!town if you can't be a leader and have reads of your own?

I know the game is supposed to be FUN, and I do play for entertainment, but to be mislynched for mo reason except a Turkey is too incompetent to play the game of Mafia to begin with, and you opting to be a sheep is no fun at all. It's equally not-fun as it is to play with a troll who won't post game-related stuff, or someone so obtuse they misread/misunderstand everything they read even if you explain it to them several times.

Fun is achieved when the other party is intelligent enough to outplay you (Like, I never get upset that CERB always beats me when he rolls Scum. and I don't hold it against Jungle when he almost always does it too. I do get a little bit angry at the TOWN who fall for his trickery, but they hopefully learn from it.)

What does get to me is when Scum do NOTHING and let STUPID TOWNIES hand them the win on a silver plate because THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY AND SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING THE GAME TO BEGIN WITH. Like, God knows I make mistakes ALL THE TIME, but I try to LEARN from them, so I didn't go "It's pops/Maria/someone else" this time, did I? DID I?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Frank
Frank
Goon
Frank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by Frank »

In post 2584, popsofctown wrote:I think it was radarcowballs
that would... come as a huge shock to me given a certain game we played together
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

If you're going to have 36 hour prod timers, allow for an extension on weekends...sheesh. Traveling. I'm back tomorrow. I'm not lynching A50.

Also, I'm a penguin, not a bunny, Mena. Sorry you're sick.
<(") | (")>
Frank
Frank
Goon
Frank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by Frank »

In post 2583, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 2582, Frank wrote:

I’m just gonna get lynched. Getting lynched in 3P LyLo is the worst
If I made it to lylo I would probably only lynch you over pops or rb as it currently stands

If you've got me fooled then kudos but I think you're mainly the paranoid scumread for a lot of people right now and I can understand why other people would want to lynch you but I disagree with it.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Frank: I already pointed out skitter found enough content in my posts to make me her strongest TR on D2. FTR, skitter had a perfect record on reading me for like 8-10 consecutive games, but paranoia hit her after she managed to lynch me as scum on D1, so she misread town me for scum for a couple of games before she realized where she went wring and went back to pegging my alignment right on D2 (my problem with her is I always said to let me be on D1 because that's when I lay the foundations for my play the whole game as either alignment, and I may come across as scummy while setting up something elaborate as Town.)

So, the fact skitter TR'd me so hard proves I did something right. Now that didn't have to be "obvious" to everyone, but it could have been the lack of something that I do as scum that she is able to detect and has never informed me of (Why should she? It'd make her life much easier if she had a tell or two on my scum play that I wasn't aware of myself.)

So, I will now ask again: WHAT EXACTLY HAVE I SAID OR DONE that makes me look scummy to you (or anyone else)?

P.S. Turkey need not respond.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Frank
Frank
Goon
Frank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Frank »

Okay guys here is where I'm at in terms of what's new.
In post 2577, popsofctown wrote:A50 I don't think indignation will ever help me read you correctly
I can vibe with this. BUT a50 is not the only person this is limited to. BBmolla has already avoided the rope for his exclamations earlier. Assuming UTRs on rb and pops, and assuming we can agree that PP is a bad lynch today, that leaves me, gobble, bob, BB, and a50 as options. Two of which have pulled the indignation card (a50 and BB). We've already set a precedent with BB that this type of behavior can be redeeming, but was that a wise decision to make? Obviously that's not
WHY
we didn't lynch BB but it's a byproduct of that.

Correct me if I'm wrong but no one is outright TRing bob or BB at this point, right?
Pops is TRing me I think, I TR Gobble, RB and PP TR a50. Beyond that I don't know/remember.

If indignation is a factor in whether someone should or should not be lynched would it not be fair to apply that logic to BB before worrying about applying it to a50, seeing as how his situation occurred first and no one seems to TR him? I don't personally prefer him as a lynch to a50 I just want to cover our bases.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

I’m not going to deal with someone who is spewing that amount of vitriol.

VOTE: bob

Do whatever you want. I was trash this game when Nicholai replaced in. Kill me. Don’t kill me. I don’t care anymore.
Frank
Frank
Goon
Frank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by Frank »

In post 2590, Almost50 wrote:So, I will now ask again: WHAT EXACTLY HAVE I SAID OR DONE that makes me look scummy to you (or anyone else)?
That's like the golden question that anyone could ask me right now and I'd hardly be able to answer. FFS I have you as null-scum and that's the scummiest read I have. Other than what I've already said about you now playing as obvtown as you have in the past, I'm not really sure what else there is. There's my gut feelings, but the accused never cares about those, and in fact only makes things worse when they're actually town so I don't know what to say.

No one seems overly scummy. No one clearly looks like an associate of flipped scum. I think bob looks a lot like what I know of town!bob, BB looks more or less like what I know of town!BB (although I've limited experience with him and he seems low effort in general). PP I can't read anyway and has a claim that seems beneficial enough to believe for now. Gobble I've talked about quite a bit but all things considered the main reasons I do not think he is scum is the whole jailor claim backtrack and the fact that his play looks NOTHING like it did when he was a traitor in New Beginnings.

I started to feel a bit worried about voting you after your last few posts but then I checked your ISO to see what your votes this phase looked like, and found this
In post 2312, Almost50 wrote:We can afford to lynch me today and still win, I say. I don't feel like efforting in this game tbh, so if you fail to make up your mind just lynch me and carry on.
which really doesn't make me feel any better. I kinda feel like you expected that you would not even be a possibility for lynch today when you wrote that, given that pops, rb, and pp were pretty outspoken about not wanting you lynched. But now that it looks like a reality why have you flipped a switch so hard?

It goes hand in hand with you asking rb about whether or not you should self hammer. At first I'm like "oh yeah, he did self hammer as town in New Beginnings out of (very valid) frustration, so maybe this is legit". But you're asking rb, who is currently neck and neck with PP as the 2nd biggest proponent of town!a50, for an answer. Part of me thinks that you already know what that answer is going to be, because that same part of me thinks I already know what the answer is, too. That same part wants to lynch you and thinks that these types of questions to rb can be valid frustration but can also obfuscate things for town.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 2587, Frank wrote:
In post 2584, popsofctown wrote:I think it was radarcowballs
that would... come as a huge shock to me given a certain game we played together
RC has a very high opinion of your scum game at least. I can vouch for pops’ statement
Frank
Frank
Goon
Frank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Frank »

In post 2592, gobbledygook wrote:I’m not going to deal with someone who is spewing that amount of vitriol.

VOTE: bob

Do whatever you want. I was trash this game when Nicholai replaced in. Kill me. Don’t kill me. I don’t care anymore.
It's not the end of the world man. If you don't want to listen to him talk like that then wouldn't it be better to use your vote to remove him?

Unless your read has changed please leave your vote on him. I'm confident that we will be able to sort bob in this game eventually if we don't outright catch scum first.

I think I know how you're feeling and if so maybe just take the rest of the night off but please put some faith in me. And if you're scum please slap the shit out of me in post game chat.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

I mean I still believe that A50 is the last scum. But if he’s going to be mean about a scumread then I’m not going to push it. I would rather die than push a lynch against someone who is going to levy personal attacks at me rather than try to talk me through him not being scum.

His appeal to credibility on the skitter townread looks bad in my opinion because as I have said numerous times people are not articulating their A50 reads. Just saying he is town. What is a town supposed to do when you the entire exchange is “I think x is scum. Well I think x is town and y is scum. Well I think y is scum, you should vote x. I’m not gonna vote x, you should vote y.”

RB isn’t trying to discuss anything
Pops is barely trying to discuss anything and wants this game to be easy mode. Can’t we all be lucky to be conftown through setup and sit on top of our high horse
PP never tries to discuss anything and his “case” on BBmolla is like the most solvey thing I have ever seen him do

It sure is nice when your conftown town bloc just sits on their hands
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2586, Almost50 wrote: You will
never
be able to read me.
I'm not sure whether I should be offended by this criticism that's tangential to the game (since improvements or future degradation of my ability to read you won't affect whether I win this game) or not be offended because asserting this about any other human is so inane on its face, generally for the general reasons there's an adage of "never say never".
It's kind of a confusing paradox.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2590, Almost50 wrote:@Frank: I already pointed out skitter found enough content in my posts to make me her strongest TR on D2. FTR, skitter had a perfect record on reading me for like 8-10 consecutive games, but paranoia hit her after she managed to lynch me as scum on D1, so she misread town me for scum for a couple of games before she realized where she went wring and went back to pegging my alignment right on D2 (my problem with her is I always said to let me be on D1 because that's when I lay the foundations for my play the whole game as either alignment, and I may come across as scummy while setting up something elaborate as Town.)

So, the fact skitter TR'd me so hard proves I did something right. Now that didn't have to be "obvious" to everyone, but it could have been the lack of something that I do as scum that she is able to detect and has never informed me of (Why should she? It'd make her life much easier if she had a tell or two on my scum play that I wasn't aware of myself.)

So, I will now ask again: WHAT EXACTLY HAVE I SAID OR DONE that makes me look scummy to you (or anyone else)?

P.S. Turkey need not respond.
iirc Frank was skitter's strongest TR day2, exempting mechanical townreads.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I apologize if my play is somewhat weak gobble. I don't fully understand the pattern of which games I care more or less about winning and the factors that go into it, but I think I am not particularly amped up about winning this one and you've randed less effort from me this game. I don't think it's something you should take personal offense from, though.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”