panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3827 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:23 am

Post by panthaleon »

In post 3817, DeasVail wrote:
In post 3573, panthaleon wrote:DV if you think nom is scum, why are you voting kuribo?

You're not scum again are you >:(
In post 3574, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 3573, panthaleon wrote:DV if you think nom is scum, why are you voting kuribo?
DV I'm trying to delve deep into your heart here and then you go and make another vote I don't understand it's frankly quite rude

I read a few of your links and they're not great but nothing super damning imo (though I'm going to read them again tonight when I'm not on mobile), there's a few posts around there that felt pretty genuine though (particularly nom mentioning she was laughing at creature coming in basically the second he was hammered)
The vote on kuribo was not the first time I had indicated suspicion of him, and in responding to gamma I did have some doubt on nom being scum.

I've also felt pretty low in confidence in my reads and so with my team being quite passionate about kuribo and nom being scum I wanted to push there.
Yeah but if you think nom is scum, why did you choose to vote kuribo instead. You could have joined a wagon with someone you town read.
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3828 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:32 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 3826, nomnomnom wrote:why is everyone ignoring my posts about DV lol
iiiiii'd lynch him
everyone knows i'd lynch him
nobody else except Ank and now pant (maria doesn't count) has posted since you posted it
up ur awareness stat with your next level up
Ankamius wrote:Gamma did you say your townreads? I don't remember seeing them recently
i didn't say townreads but sure have some reads

still v. town

chennis

prob still town and if you want this lynch you're sure not fighting very hard to convince people for it

nomnom

probably town because she has good reads

Maria

seems town

Almost50

I like your pushes but am paraonid about your motives

Anka

gut fine for now at least

Flavor Leaf
kuribo
EP

has 8 posts, fine so far

pant

has spooooky implications but still hasn't actually done anything yet today and is a general concern to me

dave

would kill

Dr. Easy Bake
Firebringer

would VERY kill

Deas
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3829 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:14 am

Post by davesaz »

Everyone has posted, and I'm reasonably certain they all posted after my info request.
It's probably scum in my hood. I hope there is a doc.
VOTE: DeasVail
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3830 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3819, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 3818, DeasVail wrote:Nonetheless, I am fairly confident in these people being town:

davesaz
chennisden
panthaleon (he didn't respond to my greeting though :'( )
Gammagooey
Almost50

Ankamius and MariaR are almost there for me I think.

That leaves DEB, FL, kuribo, Espresso, Firebringer, nom

I don't want to lynch FL today.

But apart from that I don't have super strong feelings personally.
Those reads are a bunch of horseshit and completely contradict what you said previously.

You're playing according to where others want to lynch and trying to get by.
VOTE: DV
Help me see the contradiction(s)
In post 2172, DeasVail wrote: My townlist btw is pretty much as follows.

Pretty confident:

Davesaz
chennisden
Volpe14
Vex Vience
MariaR
kuribo

Not as confident:

Flavor Leaf
Gammagooey
Ankamius
GuyInFreezer
Volxen

(nomnomnom) - this one requires more thought before I can commit to a townread but it could end up getting there.

And then there's everyone else. None of whom I feel especially passionate about.

I want to scumread Almost50 but there's an element of oddness to his posting that gives me second thoughts. I want to scumready Espresso, but that just feels... insubstantial...

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3831 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3829, davesaz wrote:Everyone has posted, and I'm reasonably certain they all posted after my info request.
It's probably scum in my hood. I hope there is a doc.
VOTE: DeasVail
Mindmeld.

I left a note in my hood, but it seems it was either ignored or not read.

I want both nom and FB to explicitly state whom they voted to commute on N1 and on N2.

@dave: Who first suggested targeting chenn on N1? And who suggested retargeting him on N2?

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3832 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:41 am

Post by nomnomnom »

@A50 I fell on the spoilered notes about people, unsure if it's after or before what you posted.

Also I don't see the point of outing this unless you have a specific reason to ask. Mind you, I also don't know who GIF/FB voted all this time.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3833 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:43 am

Post by Almost50 »

Also, if anybody still wonders why I hard TR dave.. it's stuff like this. dave is not the kind of player that let's everything he thinks show in public. Instead, he sits and observes.. quietly, and out the info/thought when he deems the time is right. He doesn't like to appear to be changing his mind a lot, so he waits until he is confident enough to make the push.

P-edit: I do have a specific reason, and I think it's very important to know who y4ou voted each night. Thank you.

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3834 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:44 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Scratch that, I know who GIF chose n1, but not n2.

I also know Volpe's choices. Anyway, I would rather not out this, unless you state your reason. If it's because of Dave's comment, then rest assured we have nothing to do with it.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3835 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3832, nomnomnom wrote:@A50 I fell on the spoilered notes about people
I also don't understand this, but it's probably because I've just woken up and my mind isn't working on it's full capacity. You can make my life easier if you want to (by rephrasing) or you can wait on me to sober up (not sure if that's the correct term to use, since I mean from sleep and not the effect of alcohol)

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3836 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:47 am

Post by nomnomnom »

I'm referring to these, A50. This is why I find that readslist hella sketch. Also those came after that readslist you posted so it's even more sketch.
In post 2821, DeasVail wrote:I don't really think Maria is scum anymore.

Spoiler: Gammagooey
I'll be there for you if somebody hurts you

Even if that somebody is me

General Impression: I think he's town. The way that he's going about the game is very town and there are so many opportunities in his play to just play in ways that are more scummy but he doesn't take them! Woah

Specific posts:

- love it. So good.
- Obvious attempt to convert the gamestate to something productive.
- I don't think that vote on me comes from scum. I think that scum would try to come up with better reasoning before voting for me than "I expected him to be better".
- Super sensible posting! Scum could easily just contribute to the chaos by continuing to push me there.

Spoiler: kuribo
I'm a host of imperfection, and you see past all that

General Impression: I've thought all game that kuribo is town. I think this read is at risk of becoming stale, but not yet!

Specific things:

Early townread on me - I'm not going to bother linking the posts, but an uncharacteristically strong early townread on me would be weird coming from kuribo-scum. I'd expect him to at least fake more paranoia in regards to my alignment even if he was planning on pocketing me.
I thought that Kuribo's reaction to the whole Elements thing came from a town place rather than scum.
I feel is possible as both alignments, however I think he's less likely to care about that kind of thing as scum.

Spoiler: GuyInFreezer
If you thought I would wait for you, you thought
wrong

My read on GuyInFreezer from his early play is leaning town, but I think my read will largely be influenced by his play when he returns, so I'm leaving this there for now.

Spoiler: Volpe14
When you leave, I'm begging you not to go
Call your name two or three times in a row

General Impression: Town!

Specific posts: Read them!

Spoiler: EspressoPatronum
Remember those walls I built
Well, baby, they're tumbling down

General Impression: Sorry Maria, but I still have Espresso as a townread. I think a lot of his play is a bit ~tone deaf~ for scum, who I think would make more attempt to read the mood of the room.

Specific posts:

I still read his general neighbourhood-outing stuff as town, and more recently:
- The existence of this post in combination with sassy posts at other times feels kind of town rather than scum going for a style of play.
, - I think this comes from a town sense of self-importance rather than scum.
- Why is he still pushing the neighbourhood-outing thing!! It's just going to piss everyone off.

Spoiler: Almost50
I love you even more than who I thought you were before

I'm just going to leave it there for now. If anyone wants to talk to me about it, I'll explain it later.

--

I know I have too many townreads, and that's a problem I can sort out later.

BUT I think Ankamius and nomnomnom are scum. The nomnomnom read I'll explain later when I'm in a better place to because I want to make sure I explain that right. (My team also backs me up on the nomnom read)

I don't know where the vote count is at right now, but I feel like the current lynch options are town and I don't like that.
In post 2612, DeasVail wrote:
Spoiler: Dr. Easy Bake
Just tell me how it's lookin' babe, just tell me how it's lookin' babe

General impression: I don’t really know what his alignment is but I like him! I guess I generally lean town on him because he clearly doesn’t seem to care what people think? And he’s not playing in a way that’s actually set up for long-term longevity in this game.

Specific posts:

I actually kind of like ? He’s been asked a question by his neighbor-buddy and is clearly not taking it seriously, which kind of makes sense given that he was annoyed with his neighbourhood at the time!
I also feel like is more likely from town DEB than scum.

All that said, I need more from DEB. He’s not a strong townread by any means.

Spoiler: Flavor Leaf
I love his big ego
It's too much
He walk like this 'cause he can back it up

General impression: I’m not ruling out scum, but from a quick re-skim over his posts, I think FL is still probably town? He seems fairly transparent and this townread initially started during that weird FL vs. Volpe 1v1 where FL’s thought processes actually seemed quite dynamic in a town way.

Specific posts:

There are too many of them

Spoiler: davesaz
I don’t know much about fighting, but I know I will fight for you

General impression: My thoughts remain the same! I think dave is attracting scumreads because his posting style generally comes across as cautious which creates a scummy feeling, but for me, all evidence still points to Dave being town.

Specific posts:

is such a weird post for scum to make!
– I like that he’s highlighting that his team aren’t very involved in the game. Often as scum in TM I think there can be pressure to pretend that your team is more involved than they are.
I like the and interaction with chenn and the development of a townready on chenn from it. I feel the temptation for scum here would be to ride the wave of FRUSTRATION as an excuse for having doubts for chenn’s alignment.

Spoiler: chennisden
Our love was stronger than your pride

General Impression: Coming out of Day 1 I think my townread on chennisden was stronger than it is now that I’ve gone over all of his posts again. However, I still think chenn is town! I like the progression of his reads on dave and gamma throughout the game. I can get a pretty good idea of how chenn is thinking about the game behind his posting, and I think that there is a lot of town conflict of thought in his posts that I feel scum would be worried would come across as wishy-washy.

Specific posts:

My read is more based on a general impression of chenn’s play than any specific posts, but these are a few that stood out to me.

– not wanting to strongarm dave read
sensible conflict of thought in regards to kuribo.

Spoiler: Vex Vience
Love forgive me I’ve been running, running blind in truth

General Impression: Town!

Specific Posts:

- I think this post in regards to hoods and how scum will night-kill does not come from a scum mindset. I actually think that scum are quite likely to kill in all-town hoods. They would be the most scary things to me if I were scum. Vex’s post also places a lot of emphasis on scum wanting the power, but I actually really doubt scum care and I certainly wouldn’t really as scum. But while I think it makes total sense for scum to shoot in an all-town hood and then create paranoia like this about the shot, I really don’t think scum would go about it in the style of Vex’s post.

Also the Maria neighbourhood thing.

Spoiler: Volxen
My love you've given me a taste of your honey
I want the whole beehive

General Impression: Super short ISO I love it! I don’t really understand the scumreads here? I like the posts. They show good thoughts on the game while my guess is that scum would pay more attention to being active and that their effort would be more devoted to keeping up a pretense of activity rather than actual decent posts.

--

I’ll stop there for now, but insight into what my other reads will probably be:

MariaR- Cautiously town
Gammagooey- Not actually sure, but I was previously leaning town
Kuribo- Town
GiF- No idea. I really need to reread his posts.
Volpe14- Town
Espresso- Probably town
Almost50- Probably town
Nomnomnom- Probably scum

PEDIT: I disagree that it's scummy though?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3837 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:50 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3834, nomnomnom wrote:I would rather not out this, unless you state your reason
Well, my reason is I will change my mind and lynch both of you if you don't out (both you and FB). I do agree with dave though, and I need to decide for myself if your hood had anything to do with it.

Note: I am not asking you to state who you're commuting beforehand. I am asking for information about a previ9ous action/submission, so I fail to understand why you would want to keep that a secret.

P-edit: Oh, ok. Thanks for explaining

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3838 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:53 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Alright. I decided to commute Ank and FL. In that order.

Volpe commuted Ank both nights.

GIF stated that he was commuting DV, and that's it. Don't know the n2 target.

So, as I said, this had nothing to do with what Dave was saying earlier.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3839 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:04 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 3834, nomnomnom wrote:Scratch that, I know who GIF chose n1, but not n2.

I also know Volpe's choices. Anyway, I would rather not out this, unless you state your reason. If it's because of Dave's comment, then rest assured we have nothing to do with it.
I'm 90% sure one of you already outed this information. FL and I used that information to help inform our N2 target.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3840 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:06 am

Post by nomnomnom »

...What?
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3841 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:06 am

Post by nomnomnom »

By all means quote the post where you were informed of any of this, I'll wait.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3842 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:12 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 3815, DeasVail wrote:
In post 3601, kuribo wrote:DV who's starting to worry me because he's becoming erratic
What is worrying about that to you exactly?

You wanted no part of a wagon on someone that you couldn't even be bothered to claim was town. You looked at that wagon on an extremely scummy player (volxen), said you didn't have any reason not to lynch it, and then wouldn't put your vote where your mouth was. It makes me wonder why you'd avoid a wagon on someone you said you couldn't make a town case for. You can excuse not voting voxlen all you want by saying you thought a replacement would offer insight (how'd that work out) but I still maintain that if you're THAT sure a slot is scum, it won't offer insight. Ever. I've been making this stand for years. Hell, I've had people hand me the hammer on replacements I'm scumreading because they know I won't hesitate to save the mod the trouble.

You can say all you want that you'd been building to your vote on me for a while, but your posts don't indicate that either.

You think nom is scum, but you're not voting there either.

You've said you don't think I "care" about the game. Have you played with me since 2012?! I don't fucking pretend to have stronger opinions than I really have, dude. And if I have some apathy, have you considered I've already explained that this game is complete dogshit for me? Do I really need to go on another multi-paragraph rant about why I hate being alive in this shit?

Bottom line: You're playing it safe with your votes. You were confident enough in nom scum to counterwagon off volxen (who you didn't townread) and yet today you're trying to stay off a nom wagon.

So yeah, dude, I'd say your behavior is worrying.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3843 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:15 am

In post 3841, nomnomnom wrote:By all means quote the post where you were informed of any of this, I'll wait.
In post 2523, Volpe14 wrote:[...]

Ank and Fark, and I think in the hood I said about me giving town points to them (and one of the reasons I commuted Ank anyway). One of them flipped town, do you think Ank isn't?
You can even ask FL. On Jan 12, I suggested we no longer target Ank if the commuter hood was on her anyway.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3844 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:18 am

Post by nomnomnom »

I'll be honest this is a very specific post to remember, holy
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3845 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:18 am

In post 3844, nomnomnom wrote:I'll be honest this is a very specific post to remember, holy
/bow
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3846 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:20 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3838, nomnomnom wrote:Alright. I decided to commute Ank and FL. In that order.

Volpe commuted Ank both nights.

GIF stated that he was commuting DV, and that's it. Don't know the n2 target.

So, as I said, this had nothing to do with what Dave was saying earlier.
Thank you!

Now -to the best of your knowledge- was GIF even available during N2 to submit a vote, or do you think it more likely he didn't?

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3847 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:21 am

Post by nomnomnom »

I'm gonna guess he didn't have the time to do it considered he got replaced. So I think it's only our two votes here.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3848 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3847, nomnomnom wrote:I'm gonna guess he didn't have the time to do it considered he got replaced. So I think it's only our two votes here.
That would be my guess too. Thanks.

Now, if any town player has anything to add/contribut9e to this subject please come forward ASAP with your info/speculation.

Sir Elton Hercules John
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3849 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:25 am

Post by Sir Elton Hercules John »

bump

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”