Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3900 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:18 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 3894, Ankamius wrote:do you agree that if there's scum in this hood, all the town abstaining does nothing but give the scum in the hood free rein to vote remove whoever they want?

So then when someone turns up voteless you know you have a mole that's voting against the town's abstaining

But no just use it in ways you think are "funny"
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3901 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:19 am

Post by MariaR »

There's 2 protective hoods and an invest hood while we sit here with a roleblock and shitty ass LMS power? What the fuck I want a refund.

Btw let me make this statement again. I feel like if DEB was town he would've been pushed a lot sooner/easier to vote. Is that wrong orrrrrrrr? Like, come on now.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3902 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:19 am

Post by MariaR »

I just want FB/DEB/EP all killed why can't I have nice things
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3903 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:21 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 3898, MariaR wrote:Btw I have been the one to strongman Dave roleblocks yes I can conf that.
I might ask for it again. We'll see how I feel
pedit: Kuri pls, I get you're mad (rightfully so) but Ank is town
Roleblocking dave's hood for a third time in a row seems like a bad idea given that his hood is likely an investigative.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3904 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:24 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 3903, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 3898, MariaR wrote:Btw I have been the one to strongman Dave roleblocks yes I can conf that.
I might ask for it again. We'll see how I feel
pedit: Kuri pls, I get you're mad (rightfully so) but Ank is town
Roleblocking dave's hood for a third time in a row seems like a bad idea given that his hood is likely an investigative.
O. Didn't read that part, then fine I don't see a reason to roleblock them.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3905 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:29 am

Part of me wants to vote in one of the 2-person hoods that likely have scum.

The other part wants to know more about their respective LMS powers before we commit to lynching there.

Thoughts? Pros/cons for discussing LMS of hoods that we intend to lynch down to 1?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3906 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Ankamius »

VOTE: Dr Easy Bake
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3907 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Ankamius »

still interested in massclaiming
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3908 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:30 am

Post by MariaR »

VOTE: DEB
Let's see where this leads.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3909 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:31 am

We should at least discuss the implications of giving Gamma the LMS before we commit to lynching DEB.

Also, why didn't they reveal another power like they did N1?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3910 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:32 am

Post by kuribo »

I townread gamma and have no problem with him having an LMS ability

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3911 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:32 am

Post by davesaz »

If DV is scum then the scumteam already knows this, and if not then they'll think it's investigative given the discussion.
The really unfortunate part is that it's not an investigative, it's an inventor that gives things with investigative powers.
So you've fucked town out of N2 and N3 attempts, and we now have to try to give the invention N3 to act on N4 and not have any potential result until D5.

In case anyone gives a shit, I play PR's of this type as scummy as I can without getting lynched, so that I don't end up scum target number one.
I finally get it right and nobody forces me to over crumb/soft to the point that scum guesses it anyway, and one of my arch nemesis decides to yolo RB anyway.
That's just great. Thanks a lot.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3912 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:34 am

Post by MariaR »

Who gets the LMS isn't really something that factors into my vote on DEB. No one wants DEB near lylo right?
Deb hasn't given us anything useful, even from teammates.
It took this long for that slot to be pushed. Even when Vol has the same number of posts and were more useful. Hmmmmmmmmm
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3913 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Ankamius »

Eddie Cane has an announcement about the last man standing powers:

If you think that a hood is TvS (+1 dead slot obv), then it's still worth lynching the scum in that hood. Worst case, you leave one scum alive and they can't use their LMS power in a way that's blatantly obvious, because then they just out themselves as scum. It's not smart to ignore scumreads just because you don't want scum to potentially have LMS, because there's enough info out there about the neighborhoods that it will be laughably easy to catch them. This setup is really simple at its core.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3914 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:35 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 3913, Ankamius wrote:Eddie Cane has an announcement about the last man standing powers:

If you think that a hood is TvS (+1 dead slot obv), then it's still worth lynching the scum in that hood. Worst case, you leave one scum alive and they can't use their LMS power in a way that's blatantly obvious, because then they just out themselves as scum. It's not smart to ignore scumreads just because you don't want scum to potentially have LMS, because there's enough info out there about the neighborhoods that it will be laughably easy to catch them. This setup is really simple at its core.

I think you should channel Eddie more often

I like him a lot better than I like you right now

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3915 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:36 am

Post by Ankamius »

ok firebringer
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3916 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:37 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 3911, davesaz wrote:I
n case anyone gives a shit, I play PR's of this type as scummy as I can without getting lynched, so that I don't end up scum target number one.

I finally get it right and nobody forces me to over crumb/soft to the point that scum guesses it anyway, and one of my arch nemesis decides to yolo RB anyway.
That's just great. Thanks a lot.
AND YOU'RE HERE QUESTIONING WHY I SCUMREAD YOUR ASS? Like, come on Dave don't blame me. We had one talk to try and fix this and yet no one came out of it. Like I've been open to talking more but if you wanna go down this path then jeesh
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3917 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:38 am

In post 3913, Ankamius wrote:Eddie Cane has an announcement about the last man standing powers:

If we don't know what the LMS is, then it's harder for us to determine if the scum used it in a way that helps or hinders town.

I understand that you also want a mass-claim, so I think we're on the same page there. All I'm saying is we don't need to rush this.

We still need answers for:
- what is the power revealer LMS
- Why didn't they reveal a power on N2?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3918 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:40 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 3915, Ankamius wrote:ok firebringer

Okay realtalk, what were you hoping to accomplish making me voteless because it was "funny?"

Were you hoping I'd get pissed off and scream nonstop? Fill the thread with forty pages of nonsense? Maybe even get banned? How is any of that a town mindset? Is that funny to you?

How can you sit there and talk about your ability should be roleblocked when you're choosing to use it "to be funny" in the first place?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3919 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3910, kuribo wrote:I townread gamma and have no problem with him having an LMS ability
+1

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3920 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Almost50 »

As for massclaiming, our hood is the only one with known LMS. Gammagooy's is the only one with unknown hood power. All other 4 we know the hood power but not LMS.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3921 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:44 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3918, kuribo wrote:
In post 3915, Ankamius wrote:ok firebringer

Okay realtalk, what were you hoping to accomplish making me voteless because it was "funny?"

Were you hoping I'd get pissed off and scream nonstop? Fill the thread with forty pages of nonsense? Maybe even get banned? How is any of that a town mindset? Is that funny to you?

How can you sit there and talk about your ability should be roleblocked when you're choosing to use it "to be funny" in the first place?
I think you're overestimating how much of a shit I gave on n2
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3922 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:47 am

Post by davesaz »

That's part of the math I was holding off on talking about. (pedit this was about the Eddie Cane comment I think)
Every hood with scum starts out like 3p lylo.
Every hood with a dead townie is a potential immediate 1v1. If both remaining members are town then worst case you get a LMS in the hands of town.

Me not dying could mean DV is town and this has just been extreme bad luck / bad aim in the RB hood's targeting systems.
In that case getting things out there is a chance to at least salvage things with a little game of follow the cop.

If the commuter hood commutes an entire hood, then that's bad news since it would be tantamount to a RB. If it's an individual (and it doesn't prevent hood voting) I could use a favor. ;) Or perhaps a doc if available.

Pedit @Maria
I should clarify a bit. I don't mean I try to appear scummy, it's more like I have info that I'm not going to share and being careful is interpreted as scummy which is kinda what I want. I challenge anyone to point to something specific I have posted and state a clear scum motivation for it. You should update your meta on me to expect this kind of thing and we'll get along much better. :]
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3923 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:47 am

Post by Ankamius »

like I expected it to be a thing for like 2 days and then it would be over and we'd move on

I didn't think it would be that big an issue that it would be cascading this far and outright threatening to derail the game because it basically fizzled out the first time and ended up having no impact on anything
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3924 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Ankamius »

if it helps

I thought that how you'd react and segue into the game would be very indicative for your alignment

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”