IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:34 am

Post by IMASPY »

In post 724, dsjstr wrote:
In post 722, dsjstr wrote:Towards EoD I saw people just placing votes on Flippy even though they didn't give greats reasons, voting Flippy was just the easy option at the time. Icon took his vote off of him because he agreed that it seemed like the wagon filled fast and since he was town shows that mafia was more than fine with that lynch. Wouldn't that also mean that more than likely mafia were on that wagon, I'm not sure why Insom wants to take the attention off of the people on the wagon and go for poyzin. Since more people are scum reading me which I don't think there are tbh, I am worried about being in a Day 3 lylo because I am town. About the self lynch, to my understanding I saw you as town and I know I am town, I figured anyone else who tried joining the wagon would most likely be mafia aligned. I don't understand the "take one for the team" comment. Wouldn't my mafia partner want to bus to look town? Also, I just wanted you to not just see me in a negative light and by getting lynched it would have allowed the town to put all the pieces together.
I kind of went off on a tangent, there probably needs to be some clarifications so just ask. For example when I say he was town shows that mafia was more than fine with that lynch, I was talking about Flippy being town.
Okay so who is the 2 mafia out of the 4 others that voted for flippy? You have stated I am town a couple times today already(something you started doing after 2 other people had already said the same thing about me) so that leaves 2 mafia out of 4 votes assuming you are going back on your poyzin "scum read".
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:39 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 714, dawoodle wrote:
In post 693, insomnia wrote:
Spoiler: Big ass case coming at you
I think the kill only makes sense from a dsjstr scum perspective. Luca had meta with him and kept on pushing him. Luca wasn't really a universal town read, several people were scum reading his lack of activity, Iconeum tunneled him for a bit. It's just a thoughtless kill.

I am tempted to say that the flippy lynch was all town. I don;t think scum were on it at all.

Ds's positioning yesterday and how he started scum reading us for the votes on Flippy prior to him even flipping adds to this theory. Ds was gonna set someone on the wagon regardless. I think that EoD only makes sense for him if he knows before hand that Flippy is town.

I think I would've killed Iconeum to be honest. He's the only one that knows my meta here.

If dsjstr is a scum, then I'm 80% confident that the wagon on Billy was all town.

==========

Emperor flippyNips (5):
insomnia
dawoodle
Luca Blight
IMASPY
Iconeum

IMASPY (1):
Poyzin

Not Voting (3):
dsjstr,
Emperor flippyNips
lucca261

I will proceed by sorting the neutrals (yellow colour). I honestly think Iconeum never flips scum here, his interaction with Luca reeked of towniness and lacked TMI. I'll eat my hat if he's scum here, and he'll have my utmost respect. I'm just never re-considering Iconeum here. I'm willing to lose to a him scum world.

Poyzin I'm ambivalent on, but I'm actually leaning town on, for some reason. I think it was mostly his reads and his tone, but I'll reconsider it with the green flips in mind.

I have a hard time discerning whether clidd is actually scared of my scum skills or if he's setting me up for today. I think it would be dumb to do so, but I can totally see why he'd do it. His reluctance to come to a conclusion and investing a lot more time on me, a seemingly null-read, is raising some concerns, with a lowercase c, because it isn't really
that
serious. and probably won't regard when analysing him anyway.

dawoodle...ah man. This guy. There's just some stuff, upon a re-read, that just don't make sense to post as a wolf. I'll expound below on each one of these people.

=========

Poyzin : Reading his #236, it starts out by saying "I can see some sense in what you're saying", but then the whole progression within that post is reaching the conclusion of "however, I think he's town". This is weird, because, I can't tell what he wanted to achieve with this post? He's not town reading Luca explicitly for his thought process, but he's not explicitly scum reading dj either? It appeared to me as if he was willing to hear Luca out on his reasoning, but the post just ends in this denial of his initial scum read of djstr, therefore, contradicting what he was saying, although, technically, he was pacing Luca's reality for a minute there. I think this interaction is a big minus for Poyzin here.

Same with his #237, he's not really scum reading, nor town reading spy here for his push, he just disagrees with it. Good, what does that tell about spy's alignment here? I just wished to have seen more probing there.

And then, from #258 onward, he starts tunneling on Spy. His #258 I really dislike, because it's pushing on something that looks scummy, rather than something that will actually make Spy more likely to flip scum here. Unvoting and re-voting isn't a serious scum reading reason, especially for someone that played one year of mafia. For his level, this is fairly shallow.

#318 is what I'd expect wolf players to make. It reads to me as if he chose his scum read for the day and will push on it regardless. I think the stuff he's pushing spy for doesn't warrant the level of confidence that Poyzin is trying to show off there. I think it's fake bravado.

Needless to say it just keeps getting worse and worse, Poyzin is probably scum here and will most likely be my vote for today. It's my most confident read as of right now.

(If he's scum, I'll quote the post where I say Poyzin is scum for his entry post and will say "I told you")

As for potential spew, I think that in his #370 he spews dawoodle town, which is good for me. That null-read, at that stage of the game, is essentially saying "I sorta town read the guy, but if push comes down to shove, I'd be down voting him" which isn't a read you'd give on your partner. I'll most likely come back to this.
==============

dawoodle :

Despite his wall, I must admit that I felt like his opening was townie. Especially post #46, I don't think I've ever seen a wolf addressing the "role card" thing. I'm sure it was addressed at some time, but, in the context where dawoodle is a newbie (if he is, I don't remember him saying he had a past experience), I don't see him saying that, almost at all.

I feel like a massive dumbass for scum reading dawoodle on his wall and then never reconsidering. Looking at him now without my bias is fairly easy to follow through his thoughts and his scum reads make sense.

His little jump backs at me make sense because I was essentially ignoring him, and even though he was town reading me for my case on him, he was more concerned with the fact I wasn't addressing his genuine thoughts, which is a more townie mentality than not, because he was paranoid and sensed my lack of trying to understand his PoV.

I'll stop at his #184 - I get the overall idea, it makes a lot of sense from his PoV, and not to mention, it would be extra dumb to convey that idea like he did "this is assuming i'm a villager", which a wolf would never even think about posting.

I think dawoodle's town here, so I'll move on with the last slot that I have a null on.

=============

I will do this in two separate sections, lucca and clidd.

a) lucca

I really liked his entrance.

There's nothing really to comment on, it looked like he seemed to reach the same point as me, which was that ds and poyzin are likely team mates. The only thing that I don't get is his votes, like, he focuses on some stuff and then his votes are like throw out the window, like the analysis was never there in the first place.

Apart from that, this dude is townie as all hell. I would fear his scum game if I ever played with him again and he was scum this game.

b) clidd

there are some points that I still want clidd to address, but all in all, I think he's town, virtue of his slot that was the epitome of towniness. I am waiting more from him, but, overall...

Clidd is probably also town.

=======

Let's try this again with the missing puzzle pieces.

Emperor flippyNips (5):
insomnia
dawoodle
Luca Blight
IMASPY
Iconeum

IMASPY (1):
Poyzin

Not Voting (3):
dsjstr
Emperor flippyNips
lucca261

======

Final scum team,
dsjstr
and
Poyzin

TL;DR Poyzin and dsjstr are the scum team.

VOTE: Poyzin
What happened between - and now to change your opinion on me? You evaluated the exact same posts (you said you stopped at 184 in this analysis). You claimed you entered both of them with an open mind. And yet, you're conclusions could not be any different.

Why do you think Poyzin is more likely than dsjstr to be scum and worth a vote? Especially when you consider dsjstr flipping to clear the wagon on flippy?

As an aside, could you include links to posts when you reference them by number? It's a lot easier to go back and read them for context.
I wasn’t treating you with an open mind, I guess. I was tunneled on you being scum.

I guess you do have a fair point. I prioritize flipping scum first, to me, Poyzin would be the scum that would fit any team.

I guess theory checking is less relevant for me than actually catching scum, but you do seem to raise a fair point. Technically, I’d say that they’re both somewhat equal, but I’m a little more confident on Poyzin.
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:40 am

Post by IMASPY »

"Wouldn't my mafia partner want to bus to look town" can you explain this sentence to me. I'm unfamiliar with bus as a mafia term.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:43 am

Post by insomnia »

Bussing is when a mafia partner votes you and pushes your lynch through.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:47 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 727, IMASPY wrote:"Wouldn't my mafia partner want to bus to look town" can you explain this sentence to me. I'm unfamiliar with bus as a mafia term.
Given you’ve already quoted it and I’m on mobile, I’ll address dsjstr’s question through this post.

No, why would Poyzin bus you when there’s literally nobody voting for you? That’s not busing, that’s game throwing. And I have a somewhat scrambled idea about Poyzin’s mindset, and he’d never bus you like this, at least not in this context. Before he’d get to lynch you, he’d be suspected for such a thoughtless vote.

Dsjstr, I don’t get it. You’re saying you scum read Poyzin and now you’re suggesting he’s town. You said I didn’t give you time to evaluate on Poyzin while implying you thought he was scum.

You really need to explain this.
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:49 am

Post by IMASPY »

VOTE: dsjstr this is not a random vote.
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:52 am

Post by IMASPY »

For the record poyzin RVS was on dsjstr and it was left there until he got to L-2.
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:07 am

Post by IMASPY »

Which then lead to a vote on the one person actually voting for him outside of RVS.
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:39 am

Post by dsjstr »

When did I say he was town?
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:40 am

Post by dsjstr »

Insom you keep putting words in my mouth to try and create this solution that you have created.
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:47 am

Post by dsjstr »

But right now I am unsure, right before the lynch I was sussing Insom and poyzin, I still want to hear from poyzin but why reads are starting to change. Spy I can give you my two later but you're right I shouldn't be sussing poyzin any more because there is new info and I think that mafia were on that wagon. I'm no longer sussing poyzin I guess.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:53 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 733, dsjstr wrote:When did I say he was town?
In post 722, dsjstr wrote:I'm not sure why Insom wants to take the attention off of the people on the wagon and go for poyzin
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:02 am

Post by dsjstr »

You can think what you want, but lynch me not poyzin, like I said earlier you will never stop tunneling me until I am dead. By then we should have enough info from the two lynches.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:08 am

Post by insomnia »

You literally said poyzin is scum, now you don't wanna lynch him? what is this progression???
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:11 am

Post by dsjstr »

You want him lynched. I wanted him lynched. I looked at the wagon. I want to use new information. I am scum because I changed my mind. That's the progression, am I wrong?
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:13 am

Post by dsjstr »

I could stop talking and let the other 4 people speak but then I will be called scum because I stopped talking. Is there anything I can do in this game that won't get me scum read? So once again just lynch me you won't be able to stop tunneling me until you are wrong/winning.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:15 am

Post by insomnia »

I literally never addressed you, just came up with this. I was the one that actually town read you early on. If you're town, you're helping nobody by lynching yourself here. You walked into the day declaring that poyzin is scum, and now had a switch of heart for no apparent reason. I just want an explanation as to what caused this switch.
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:41 am

Post by dsjstr »

I don't think I've played well, it's true that if we lynch correctly then there is no worry about tomorrow. When it comes time for mass claiming I was thinking that it would be better to position town in a way that I won't just be an easy lynch no matter what I claim. But that could literally be the same thought process from either side. That's just why I thought that it would help town if there wasn't just this obvious lynch, although just preventing us from going to lylo would be better.

UNVOTE:
I don't remember who I voted for, I made a few posts where I voted then changed so just making sure I'm not on anyone right now.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:33 am

Post by eth0s »

Official Vote Count 2.02

Here is something you can't understand
How I could just kill a man
How I Could Just Kill a Man (Cypress Hill cover) - Rage Against The Machine,
Renegades

LynchingWith 7 living players it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Poyzin
(1): insomnia

dsjstr
(1) IMASPY

Not Voting
(5): Iconeum, Poyzin, dawoodle, clidd, dsjstr

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-01-31 19:40:00).

Mod notes:
[/area]
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:34 am

Post by eth0s »

Replacing clidd.
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by IMASPY »

In post 732, IMASPY wrote:Which then lead to a vote on the one person actually voting for him outside of RVS.
Yooo we got mad shapeshifters in this town. Weirdly enough they are not the mafia.
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by IMASPY »

I didnt mean to have a quote.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by eth0s »

TrueSoulEnergy replaces clidd.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

Hello.
Don’t expect me to read the thread but if you want to give me a recap I’d Appreciate it.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

I may read Day 2 part if it isn’t that long.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”