Survivor

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by jjh927 »

PlayerVotesL-XVoters
alimdia2L-4Wake88, Dongfish
Aeronaut1L-5gobbledygook
Blatant Scum1L-5Eve
Not Voting------mastina, Zenith, Blatant Scum, alimdia, Aeronaut, Sujimichi

The day will end in (expired on 2020-02-06 11:00:00) or when a lynch is achieved.
With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 745, Zenith wrote:
In post 744, alimdia wrote:
In post 721, gobbledygook wrote:Does anyone disagree with my {Mastina, Aeronaut, Wake} grouping?

The other players have had fairly townie isos given the claim stuff going on
Well both Aero and Wake are in my neighbourhood, I highly doubt theres 2 scum in there.
Why?
Well 2 scum in a neighbourhood of 3 doesn't make much sense does it? And they would have probably killed me last night to avoid me from outing the neighbourhood. 2 town 1 scum or 3 town seems more likely, because in the 2 town 1 scum scenario, scum wouldn't dare kill a neighbour since our plan was the other 2 outs each other, whereas 3 town well.. there'd be no killing.
In post 746, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 744, alimdia wrote:Well both Aero and Wake are in my neighbourhood, I highly doubt theres 2 scum in there.
I keep forgetting you have a neighborhood. Can you roughly explain what the activity levels are like in there for both of them?
Me: 13 posts
Wake: 2
Aero: 4
mod: 1
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

What has Aero roughly contributed?
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by Zenith »

In post 751, alimdia wrote:
In post 745, Zenith wrote:
In post 744, alimdia wrote:
In post 721, gobbledygook wrote:Does anyone disagree with my {Mastina, Aeronaut, Wake} grouping?

The other players have had fairly townie isos given the claim stuff going on
Well both Aero and Wake are in my neighbourhood, I highly doubt theres 2 scum in there.
Why?
Well 2 scum in a neighbourhood of 3 doesn't make much sense does it? And they would have probably killed me last night to avoid me from outing the neighbourhood. 2 town 1 scum or 3 town seems more likely, because in the 2 town 1 scum scenario, scum wouldn't dare kill a neighbour since our plan was the other 2 outs each other, whereas 3 town well.. there'd be no killing.
Assuming alignment and neighbors were assigned randomly, or if neighbors were chosen then alignments given randomly, either way post 751 seems like bad reasoning.

I don't see any reason to think that neighborhood and alignment are linked in any way. You could group any random 3 people together and give them a shared PT, wouldn't have any impact on their alignment.

Or put another way, statistically the chances of finding scum in your neighborhood are the same as finding scum in any random grouping of 3 players.
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by Zenith »

Perhaps you could use the neighborhood PT to get a better read on people, but I don't think being in a neighborhood in an of itself is AI at all.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by mastina »

Mod: One-day V/LA for today
Back in the day my signature had me noted as V/LA on the weekends, for good reason, particularly Saturdays; Saturdays like this one would be why I used to have that notification in there. :P
I ended up not keeping it in my sig because I had other things I needed + every mod for games I played in learned it, but since it's been a long time, figured it might be worth mentioning again particularly for today.

Saturdays are "busy, with rare exceptions", today is not an exception. :P
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:40 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 752, gobbledygook wrote:What has Aero roughly contributed?
He said that I could be right when I said it was likely 2 town 1 scum in the neighbourhood

He said 'oh wake is here'

He agreed that I should out the hood day 2.

He was explaining to me that other than 'buzzwords', it was gut-based for him that I was scum because I remind him of him being scum
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:41 pm

Post by alimdia »

@Zenith I reckon having 2 scum 1 town in a neighbour defeats the purpose. The town would just die quickly and nobody can out anyone. My thoughts anyway

Sorry I'm busy this weekend so I havent gotten back on my promise to look at Aero's post hammer comments
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:30 pm

Post by Zenith »

In post 757, alimdia wrote:@Zenith I reckon having 2 scum 1 town in a neighbour defeats the purpose. The town would just die quickly and nobody can out anyone. My thoughts anyway

Sorry I'm busy this weekend so I havent gotten back on my promise to look at Aero's post hammer comments
~I reckon having 2 scum 1 town in a [grouping of 3 random players] defeats the purpose. The town would just die quickly and nobody can out anyone.~

Does this comment make sense to you?
If so, why?
If not, then why does it make sense when you replace [groping of 3 random players] with neighborhood?

The only difference I see between a grouping of 3 random players and a 3 player neighborhood is that the neighborhood shares a pt. A 3 player neighborhood is literally a grouping of 3 random players who happen to share a pt, right?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:07 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Neighborhoods of that size are either 2 town, 1 scum or all town.

I would be very surprised if it was 2 scum, 1 town. But then again, it could be if JJH randomly decided the neighbors and didn’t design those three roles specifically to be neighbors together.

Alimidia, what has your content been in the neighborhood?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:10 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Zenith you could ask if Mastina or Blatant Scum win with town. They don’t have E’s in their name
wrong fish
wrong fish
Goon
wrong fish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:34 am

Post by wrong fish »

Thats irrelevant.

Sure its pointless for scum if they have a neighbourhood with each other - that said you stated they didnt post all that much in the pt. Add on top of that if neighbourhood creating is entirely random then its also weird to think that they cant be scum and in the neighbourhood, that would be lucky but irrelevant. Its wifom and its not the thing to focus on.

You said if they were 2 scum they would kill you so you cant out the neighbourhood. Would be a legitimate concern in a normal game, but in this game they dont know what you rolled. For all they know your role could be a bait role like veteran or a commuter, and you'll logically be on alert that night (if you were one) so the neighbourhood wouldnt be outed. The safest bet is to let you live and figure it out tomorrow, added on top of that is people wouldnt expect 2 scum in the same neighbourhood, jackpot. Its entirely wifom territory.
wrong fish
wrong fish
Goon
wrong fish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:34 am

Post by wrong fish »

Its dong btw
wrong fish
wrong fish
Goon
wrong fish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:35 am

Post by wrong fish »

UNVOTE:
wrong fish
wrong fish
Goon
wrong fish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:43 am

Post by wrong fish »

Heres my gameplan with no objections to our role:
Zenith uses his ability to check if we are of the same alignment with someone else.
If he is of the same alignment, we level up thief to 4 with alims power, lynch someone else besides us and level up thief day 3 to confirm our role and the target we chose. That night zenith can ask jjh if he ever wet his pants or something because we'll autowin after that
If we arent of the same alignment, we lynch them and level up mage. Their flip will confirm us and we will have lynched scum on top of that.
The only problem with this is if zenith is scum. I dont see why scum wouldnt benefit from such a role and this is the problem we need to solve today.
wrong fish
wrong fish
Goon
wrong fish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:49 am

Post by wrong fish »

In post 725, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 724, Wake1 wrote:
In post 723, gobbledygook wrote:Umm..

My thinking is pretty clear from that other post
Obviously not.

Once I'm done with this shift we'll catch up on this.
I was trolling you
In post 592, Zenith wrote:
In post 590, wrong fish wrote:Catching up, i havent read up to this point
But then why/how did you already participate in the mass flavor claim if you didn't know about the mass flavor claim?
In post 552, wrong fish wrote:
In post 480, Zenith wrote:Still waiting for Dongfish
Really Useful [Redacted]
We're a hydra

Also, i think alim may have redacted thief because just the word itself has negative connotation. We also redacted dragons just because we could, at least former didnt tell me any reasons he had for that. I think its a non issue.

Dong
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Zenith »

In post 759, gobbledygook wrote:Neighborhoods of that size are either 2 town, 1 scum or all town.

I would be very surprised if it was 2 scum, 1 town. But then again, it could be if JJH randomly decided the neighbors and didn’t design those three roles specifically to be neighbors together.

Alimidia, what has your content been in the neighborhood?
Do you have any reason to think that neighborhood groupings aren't randomized?
In post 760, gobbledygook wrote:Zenith you could ask if Mastina or Blatant Scum win with town. They don’t have E’s in their name
Are you volunteering yourself to be lynched? Or did you forget our interaction earlier?

i agreed to not pursue your lynch today despite my suspicion, but unless you get lynched or something crazy happens, It's difficult for me to fathom a reality in which I use my alignment investigative check on anyone other than you. You've been outed as having a powerful pr, so tbh because of the off chance that you could be town, my wanting to know your alignment outweighs my suspicion causing me want you lynched.
In post 764, wrong fish wrote:Heres my gameplan with no objections to our role:
Zenith uses his ability to check if we are of the same alignment with someone else.
If he is of the same alignment, we level up thief to 4 with alims power, lynch someone else besides us and level up thief day 3 to confirm our role and the target we chose. That night zenith can ask jjh if he ever wet his pants or something because we'll autowin after that
If we arent of the same alignment, we lynch them and level up mage. Their flip will confirm us and we will have lynched scum on top of that.
The only problem with this is if zenith is scum. I dont see why scum wouldnt benefit from such a role and this is the problem we need to solve today.
I might could consider asking if you are the same alignment as gobbles. I don't see a clear point to it, but I'm open to being sold on the idea.
In post 765, wrong fish wrote:We're a hydra

Also, i think alim may have redacted thief because just the word itself has negative connotation. We also redacted dragons just because we could, at least former didnt tell me any reasons he had for that. I think its a non issue.

Dong
I suspect as much, but is this coming from town or scum? If this is the actual reason for the redaction then why not come out and just say so when directly asked about it instead of trying to spin this strange excuse about redacting it because the thief stone exists?
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:18 am

Post by Sujimichi »

Apologies for my absence. This weekend has been busy. I will catch up fully tomorrow.
Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:36 am

Post by Eve »

Dosh's plan seems quite good - we could get 2 ICs if they're telling the truth and there might be roles other than alimdia's that can level up stones
Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:38 am

Post by Eve »

In post 701, Aeronaut wrote:I'll likely be around a bunch this weekend
VOTE: Aeronaut

start flying
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by Blatant Scum »

Sigh, I guess I will have to do that reading thing,
Don’t forget about how when I asked him for a link to his scumgame, he linked THIS game. - Pyrrha Nikos
He usually never puts effort into reads like that, which does sometimes get him scumread, but since he was on an alt and we didn't know his meta, I can see CL!him making reads as an exception since he knows he'll probably be scumread otherwise.
-Hectic
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by Blatant Scum »

I still think that Zenith should make a set of 3-4 players and ask the Mod whether there is at least one scum in it.
Zenith, can you use player numbers for your questions?
Don’t forget about how when I asked him for a link to his scumgame, he linked THIS game. - Pyrrha Nikos
He usually never puts effort into reads like that, which does sometimes get him scumread, but since he was on an alt and we didn't know his meta, I can see CL!him making reads as an exception since he knows he'll probably be scumread otherwise.
-Hectic
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 766, Zenith wrote:Are you volunteering yourself to be lynched? Or did you forget our interaction earlier?

i agreed to not pursue your lynch today despite my suspicion, but unless you get lynched or something crazy happens, It's difficult for me to fathom a reality in which I use my alignment investigative check on anyone other than you. You've been outed as having a powerful pr, so tbh because of the off chance that you could be town, my wanting to know your alignment outweighs my suspicion causing me want you lynched.
I am not volunteering myself to be lynched. If I was, I would have said as much.

I still don’t get why you want me to be lynched other than thinking my mod has to be scum because it has a big scary name when in reality yours is way more OP than mine will ever be. I do have a role related reason that I want you to check Mastina/Blatant Scum. If used on me, my role related reason isn’t as good though.

You can check either of them with Dongfish because I think Dongfish is town. I suggested Mastina and Blatant because they do not have E in the name, which I thought you were not allowed to use. If you can check me with one of them or Dongfish, that is fine too. It would also save me from having to use my role since technically my role related reason required whoever can increase the path to increase the mage path.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 766, Zenith wrote:Do you have any reason to think that neighborhood groupings aren't randomized?
In this game, no. From a design perspective, yes.
The neighborhoods that I have been in have never been randomized unless specifically stated. My default is assumption, as a result, is that neighborhoods are not randomized, but their composition of town/scum is explicitly chosen.

Since you are a neighbor, you can ask JJH if the neighborhood was randomized. He might tell you.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by alimdia »

Zenith, I don't really want to get into too much discussion about how many scum there is, or whether its randomly generated or not.
All I know is that it is useless to have a neighbourhood of 3 scum, so that would be automatically rerolled if it happened.
Also, just on 'randomly assigned probability', its a decent chance that a randomly selected group of 3 people have 1 scum (assuming 13 players, 3 scum 10 town and no third party) whereas the chance of having 2 scum is minuscule chance.

Regarding this plan:
In post 764, wrong fish wrote:Heres my gameplan with no objections to our role:
Here are the problem I see with this plan.
This is all assuming Zenith is town, cos if hes scum its already fucked
1) Zenith gets roleblocked. I know a roleblocker most likely exists because I got stopped last night. Also, blatant scum said there is one as well before me, which he still hasn't replied to so I'll park my vote here for now
Blatant Scum
2) Zenith says he has 1 shot BP, so he can't die, but I could die, then we can't speed level thief stone. Also it would take until day 4 to confirm Dong as IC if I survive Night 2.
3) I assume Zenith is going to ask: "Is ali same alignment as Dongfish". Now if the answer is yes, the scum can also kill me or Dongfish to avoid having 2 confirmed townies on day 4, assuming everything else works out.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”