Newbie 1981 | Turtle | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 149, GuiltyLion wrote:- "doesn't appear to be trying to game solve", "superficial" interactions? have you been reading my posts? lol
um yes? I think it's pretty easy to see that prior to
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 156, Political Clout wrote:Imo the best method is to get a read on everyone. And start eliminating from their who can die. Once you have 5 solid town reads nothing else really matters. But if u have a gut feeling that someone is 100%scum what can ya do? /Shrug.

If you have a scum read that's good but where does it really leave you? You're left as you said wondering if you are right or wrong. And then you have the hurculean task of trying to get a Lynch going once you're convinced. Which somehow ends up hampering discussion instead of helping with the potential constant interjection of X is scum can we lynch him now, and ending up not discussing the state of the game or other players at all with the tunnel vision. At least that's my view of it.
I feel like the best method differs from player to player based on playstyle, same intended result, different trajectory

and engaging your scumreads doesn't mean you have to tunnel so, but anyway this is starting to feel like noise so I'm hoping we can agree to disagree here
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 159, ready2rock wrote: @yessiree: Have GL's more recent posts changed your read on him? Also, do you think people need to read Newbie 1976 in order to make sense of people's reads? (or more generally, how much is meta from other games influencing your votes/should influence others' votes?)
if you've been here long enough you'll find meta is heavily used to discern alignments here, but it's only useful on players with an established history. I would say it's probably worth it to meta the SE slots

and funny you should ask that, I feel like you missed this part
In post 139, yessiree wrote:
In post 122, Naerys wrote:
In post 121, yessiree wrote:how so? have you played together before?
yes, i advise you to read through Newbie 1976 (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=81690)
compared to here, im seeing a drastic difference from town!norwegian in that game where he was a lot more aggressive and up in people' faces all the time, but im not so sure how indicative it is for this game or he's just deliberately more laid back

so i dont really see where "if you scumread norwegianboy he's probably town" is coming from
@naerys
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 150, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 137, yessiree wrote:
In post 125, Plotinus wrote:ready2rock (3): GayBabyJailor, GuiltyLion, NorwegianboyEE
oh hey a wagon with 3 of my scumreads on it :lol:
this is also a bad post

there are only two scum, so by definition, one of the people voting ready2rock must be town.

and what's the point of posting this? is it meant to suggest that ready2rock is town and likely being pushed by scum? to me it looks more like yessiree just wants to throw dirt on three slots without going through any sort of effort to explain why we are individually scummy or why it's scum-indicative to have a vote on ready2rock at this stage of the game.
I already explained my scumread on both of you and norwegian before, it's pretty annoying when you ignore context like that. I was simply pointing out a scum-driven wagon, you're the one trying too hard to assign scum motive to it brother
In post 158, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 150, GuiltyLion wrote:and what's the point of posting this? is it meant to suggest that ready2rock is town and likely being pushed by scum? to me it looks more like yessiree just wants to throw dirt on three slots without going through any sort of effort to explain why we are individually scummy or why it's scum-indicative to have a vote on ready2rock at this stage of the game.
I think this might be scum!Yessiree trying to shade 3 town slots voting another town. It doesn't seem like S+S between Yessiree and Ready2rock.
or it could be just me pointing out a scum-driven wagon, because there is a non-zero chance that you are scum with guitylion and I dont have a good reason to assume otherwise
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by ready2rock »

In post 177, yessiree wrote:
In post 159, ready2rock wrote: @yessiree: Have GL's more recent posts changed your read on him? Also, do you think people need to read Newbie 1976 in order to make sense of people's reads? (or more generally, how much is meta from other games influencing your votes/should influence others' votes?)
if you've been here long enough you'll find meta is heavily used to discern alignments here, but it's only useful on players with an established history. I would say it's probably worth it to meta the SE slots

compared to here, im seeing a drastic difference from town!norwegian in that game where he was a lot more aggressive and up in people' faces all the time, but im not so sure how indicative it is for this game or he's just deliberately more laid back

so i dont really see where "if you scumread norwegianboy he's probably town" is coming from
@naerys
I didn't miss it, that post was why I asked you the question? Or are you implying that Naerys missed it?
In post 178, yessiree wrote:
In post 125, Plotinus wrote:ready2rock (3): GayBabyJailor, GuiltyLion, NorwegianboyEE
this is also a bad post

there are only two scum, so by definition, one of the people voting ready2rock must be town.

and what's the point of posting this? is it meant to suggest that ready2rock is town and likely being pushed by scum? to me it looks more like yessiree just wants to throw dirt on three slots without going through any sort of effort to explain why we are individually scummy or why it's scum-indicative to have a vote on ready2rock at this stage of the game.
I already explained my scumread on both of you and norwegian before, it's pretty annoying when you ignore context like that. I was simply pointing out a scum-driven wagon, you're the one trying too hard to assign scum motive to it brother
But it feels like your reads from that time aren't as relevant anymore, since those behaviors aren't really what they've been doing as of late. I feel like sticking to these reads now does merit explaining (which, btw, you didn't answer that part of my post about GL's play)

There seems to be a lot of aggression/deflecting going on here and I really don't like it. I'm not sure what to do with my Norwegian read now, since this would be some pretty heavy bussing on each other for day 1 if they're a scumteam.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 179, ready2rock wrote:
In post 177, yessiree wrote:

@naerys
I didn't miss it, that post was why I asked you the question? Or are you implying that Naerys missed it?
I don't get what you're confused on? you don't need my seal of approval to meta dive other people; it never hurts doing it though like I said it's probably only worth it on the SE slots - reading newbie 1976 was to specifically sort norwegianboy, but he claimed he is intentionally changing his playstyle this game so take that how you will
In post 178, yessiree wrote:
this is also a bad post

But it feels like your reads from that time aren't as relevant anymore, since those behaviors aren't really what they've been doing as of late. I feel like sticking to these reads now does merit explaining (which, btw, you didn't answer that part of my post about GL's play)

There seems to be a lot of aggression/deflecting going on here and I really don't like it. I'm not sure what to do with my Norwegian read now, since this would be some pretty heavy bussing on each other for day 1 if they're a scumteam.
I mean, guiltylion is doing something (even thought I don't agree with his read on me), which is good, but most of what he's saying looks good the surface, when you look into it though there's not much substance
are you townreading him? and what about him pings you town? because atm it's not enough to change my read
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:45 pm

Post by ready2rock »

I was confused because you said in 177 "I feel like you missed this part" and I wasn't sure who that was addressed to

My read on GL is neutral right now. I think the way he's playing the game is good, but that makes it more difficult for me to be able to read him one way or the other. Need to look at him in iso at some point once there's more to go on.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.07

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

yessiree
(3): GuiltyLion, NorwegianboyEE, ready2rock
Non lmh
(1): Political Clout
GayBabyJailor
(1): Birkhoff
NorwegianboyEE
(1): yessiree

Not Voting
(3): Non lmh, GayBabyJailor, Naerys

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-02-02 07:30:00).

Mod notes:
Keep it fun![/area]
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:45 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 181, ready2rock wrote:I was confused because you said in 177 "I feel like you missed this part" and I wasn't sure who that was addressed to

My read on GL is neutral right now. I think the way he's playing the game is good, but that makes it more difficult for me to be able to read him one way or the other. Need to look at him in iso at some point once there's more to go on.
so you don't have a read on him but you're questioning my read on him? something doesn't check out here bud
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:07 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

VOTE: Yessiree
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:29 pm

Post by yessiree »

you rang?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:39 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Ring ring. It’s the grim reaper calling. He says you’re playing scummy and wants you to come with him.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:53 pm

Post by yessiree »

no thanks

know who loves pushing someone for "playing scummy"? scums!

how's that for a deja vu
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:04 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Lol, but seriously. Seems like some pretty heavy attempt at deflection from you this last page, as pointed out by R2R. You claimed i’m scummy because i didn’t have a strong stance on anyone, and now you’re seemingly trying to create suspicion between me and GL. It seems like you’re struggling to create a narrative where we are still scum. Even though your earlier scumread isn’t relevant anymore.

- Bunno
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:17 pm

Post by yessiree »

funny how you're accusing me of deflection when you haven't addressed any of my points

pot, kettle, black
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:35 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

You haven’t asked me anything?

- Bunno
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:46 pm

Post by yessiree »

Is there nothing you'd talk about?

why would scum!me go out of my way to push you and guiltylion when I could have just coasted and pushed the easy low hanging fruits?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:57 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 191, yessiree wrote:why would scum!me go out of my way to push you and guiltylion when I could have just coasted and pushed the easy low hanging fruits?
But that's exactly what you did. GL was obviously just staying back trying to build some reads and then you started scumreading him for not having too much of an opinion even though the game had barely started. Throwing me in there as well. Then on your reads list you also called GBJ and Non Imh scumleans even though they had still barely posted anything to speak off. Non Imh only had 3 posts. What made him scumlean as opposed to just null? Did one of his 3 posts tick you off?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:01 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 117, yessiree wrote:2) GayBabyJailor
I've explained this but this is more towards null as well, keeping an eye on him for now
I also find this a weird development in your read of Non Imh. You're keeping him more towards null, but then later on you're saying he is a scumlean.

- Bunno
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:08 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 184, NorwegianboyEE wrote:VOTE: Yessiree
umm why do you vote Yessiree when you already voted him?
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:09 am

Post by yessiree »

In post 192, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 191, yessiree wrote:why would scum!me go out of my way to push you and guiltylion when I could have just coasted and pushed the easy low hanging fruits?
But that's exactly what you did. GL was obviously just staying back trying to build some reads and then you started scumreading him for not having too much of an opinion even though the game had barely started. Throwing me in there as well. Then on your reads list you also called GBJ and Non Imh scumleans even though they had still barely posted anything to speak off. Non Imh only had 3 posts. What made him scumlean as opposed to just null? Did one of his 3 posts tick you off?
are you really saying all 4 of you were easy lynches? :roll:

everyone else not on that read list mostly pinged town at the time, I even explicitly said non imh is more null, and I don't know why you still have an issue with me calling his ISO unimpressive, it's...just an unimpressive ISO
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:12 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 194, Naerys wrote:
VOTE: Yessiree

- Bunno
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:19 am

Post by yessiree »

In post 193, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 117, yessiree wrote:2) GayBabyJailor
I've explained this but this is more towards null as well, keeping an eye on him for now
I also find this a weird development in your read of Non Imh. You're keeping him more towards null, but then later on you're saying he is a scumlean.
lol, any other post you want to twist my words and call me scum?

how is this town posting
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:22 am

Post by yessiree »

I have you as town for now but you're gonna quickly fall out of favor if you keep posting like this
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:25 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 198, yessiree wrote:
I have you as town for now but you're gonna quickly fall out of favor if you keep posting like this
You hear that Naerys? If you stay on Yessiree's good side he'll townread you. Lmao.

- Bunno

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”