nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4451 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

To be honest I feel like I've hit the point of no return and that anything I will say will be considered scummy because I'm not throwing ultra certain reads left and right so yeah.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4452 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 4437, Ankamius wrote:the tl;dr is that the response of 1 and 2 are answered by the same thing:

first, idk what you even mean by conditionals now that I actually look at your post again since I didn't even mention that word at all; the best interpretation I can come to is why 1-4 doesn't already answer that question anyway. I'm not going to go into a ton of detail on every single slot and what exactly changes upon either flip because that amount of work for at best half payoff is actually insane when so much of it is dependent on how people react to and adjust themselves based on the flip.
I'll explain the conditonal part.

You set up a conditional in by saying that a town!nom flip gives scum equity to everyone with weak scumreads on you early. You've been quite vocal in saying that my early SR of you was weak, so this post clearly applies to me.

You even go further at the bottom by saying, "Although odds are it would just be EP anyways."

Combined with your wall post outlining nom as the 'X' in several equations, your posts suggest a conditional linking of me and nom. In other words, i"f nom is town, EP is scum."
second, you're actually insane if you think I'm looking to 'manipulate the game after a town!nom flip' because the gamestate we have now is hilariously easy to manipulate as scum because town is so disorganized and with so little threat to me that I could just do whatever I want and probably get away with it because the only way town would ever be able to lynch me at all is via a deadline apathy lynch. and look where we are, around three days to deadline and now I'm making my move? by threatening what little credibility I've managed to scrape together to ram through a controversial lynch and setting up a second mislynch alongside it when it's infinitely better to try to do it after the first flip happened??? I'm a lot more meticulous about this shit as scum, I know how to abuse pressure points in towns and this straight up is not a pressure point.
I didn't say you're making your move now. My post called out you preparing a move in the future (ie. mislynching me tomorrow if nom flips town).

I'm sure you're very capable as scum. That doesn't mean you can't set up a future lynch.
third, my primary goal being to get town to get motivated again literally is the point of a nom lynch and why I've been pushing it. it's literally an appeal to the rest of the playerlist that there's more to analyze from a nom flip because she's been so central to the game that it adds a known factor to a lot of things that have happened in the game. my own personal ideas of what changes based on what nom flips is too dependent on how the playerlist responds and adjusts to the flip for it to even be possible for me to explain it, and even then that's a hell of a rabbit hole to fall into
Imo, giving a list of conditionals with a nom flip is akin to a readslist. Giving one now might be a bit premature for your normal strategy, but I don't see how it hurts your town game. I can definitely see why it would hurt your scum game.

I can even do a list of my proposed conditionals for a nom flip to show you what I mean. I don't have answers for anyone, but I think we can look to draw a few conclusions on players from nom's flip.
In post 4438, Ankamius wrote:3. the implication is that everybody can get something out of the flip...? which is what I wanted since I want people to be able to get into the game...?
I was specifically looking for your formula/variables/conditionals here. Again, you made a point of saying nom is X in a series of equations. I want to see what you think we gain from nom flipping one way or another.

Nom even asked you to do the same, but I don't think you responded to her request.
4. because the equations are different to everyone, idk how they look to you or deas or deb or anyone, I only know roughly how they look for me. even then, since I play a lot by intuition, there's a limit to what I know about it.
I mostly just want to know what they look like for you because you're the one pushing it.
5. ok, again, why exactly do I specifically need to attach you to nom; I don't have the credibility to force through a nom lynch with being able to explain why basically everybody should want to, what makes you think I have the credibility to set you up for a lynch after her??? you can't even say I'm unaware of it since I've pretty thoroughly proven by now that I am
I don't know what you want me to say here. I saw that you were linking me with nom and I pointed it out as scummy. Scum!you could have any number of reasons for doing that.
6. you don't even know where this scumread came from, I thought it was pretty obvious that your name came to me from the town!nom scenario as it happened
My explanation above of the town!nom conditonal should make it clear that's where I think your SR came from. Is my understanding correct?

If it isn't, please clarify.
7. in that string of posts? you haven't. I explained my general process before going into that big post and made it clear that my reads had changed, including mentioning that slots I had not been considering before were being considered now (you aren't in this list, but considering that you have pointed out that I apparently stopped mentioning you when you started getting townread, it's not exactly weird to assume you are), but you're basing that entire 'agenda' off a single post that I made after all that. I find that quite fascinating.
What do you mean here?

I'm obviously engaging with your read on me in your recent string of posts. That's the whole reason we're having this discussion right now, lol.
question 1: see above, my overall goal is to get everyone else more information to solve with since THAT is how I get the information I need to solve with
question 2: ok thank you
question 3: you're welcome
Good stuff here. Nice and brief, haha.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4453 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 4451, nomnomnom wrote:To be honest I feel like I've hit the point of no return and that anything I will say will be considered scummy because I'm not throwing ultra certain reads left and right so yeah.

Code: Select all

It is very dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue. A spirit of malice whispers just beyond your consciousness. Somewhere beyond, its tendrils slither into your mind with a raw, animalistic nature. Its voice is cold, deep, and hushed. "Do you wish me to avenge you in the event of your death, o faithful one?"

Please select- (Y/N):   
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4454 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:57 pm

In post 4446, Gammagooey wrote: [..]
@EP - is there a reason why you're not voting at the moment?
I was holding off with voting until we finished the mass claim. Now that we're done with that, I suppose I don't have a reason for not voting. I'll rectify that now.

VOTE: Ank

Willing to swap to DV to help get the lynch through.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4455 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

Is this a 1v1 I see?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4456 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 4454, EspressoPatronum wrote:I was holding off with voting until we finished the mass claim. Now that we're done with that,...
We did?? What's the LMS for the Movie Studio CEOs?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4457 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Almost50 wrote:
In post 4454, EspressoPatronum wrote:I was holding off with voting until we finished the mass claim. Now that we're done with that,...
In post 4152, Gammagooey wrote: our last man standing power is in my opinion will VERY likely only be useful if we don't claim what it is so I'm not planning on doing that.
I realize now that I fucked up the grammar on that but yeah I have no intention of saying what it is and I don't think DEB should either (though he can if he really wants to, he's his own person)
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4458 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:48 pm

In post 4456, Almost50 wrote:
Technically not fully. I wrote them off as not claiming it bcz of the bolded piece below:
In post 4152, Gammagooey wrote:
Flavor Leaf wrote:I think that’s weird because i was pushing Gamma all day yesterday, and I can’t see DEB ever making me loved.
you fool

yeah DEB & my group power is making someone loved

I actually voted for someone else (Vex, mostly because I think it's a dumb power and I'd generally prefer for it not to affect the game at all and I didn't think it would be on him) to be loved and assumed that DEB wouldn't submit anything because he's not in the QT very often but it got randomized to you (and DEB mentioned he thought you were town for once in the QT as his one night post but didn't explicitly say he was making you loved

our last man standing power is in my opinion will VERY likely only be useful if we don't claim what it is so I'm not planning on doing that.
[...]
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4459 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@gooey/@EP: That's OK. I just got worried I was skimming too hard that I missed something. It's cool.

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4460 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 4447, nomnomnom wrote:everything I do is scum obviously lol

well if anything, I'm pretty confident that Ank is town with this sudden vote shift so, yeah. There's that at least. Don't go back on Ank.
In post 4454, EspressoPatronum wrote:
I was holding off with voting until we finished the mass claim. Now that we're done with that, I suppose I don't have a reason for not voting. I'll rectify that now.

In post 4455, nomnomnom wrote:Is this a 1v1 I see?
Considering that you said in the past 2 days or so that you have a townread on both of EP & Ank why are you encouraging it?
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4461 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by panthaleon »

In post 4451, nomnomnom wrote:To be honest I feel like I've hit the point of no return and that anything I will say will be considered scummy because I'm not throwing ultra certain reads left and right so yeah.
I mean instead of moping about, you could leave some good reads for if you flip town. That would be the townie thing to do here.

Or you can mope and whine until you try to get people off your reason, which is the scummy thing to do.
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4462 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:58 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

zzzzzzz
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4463 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:42 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 4418, Ankamius wrote:Davesaz, almost50
I think Davesaz is town because of how he reacted to our action being blocked both times. I was the one that suggested in our hood that we should target chennisden again N2 to see what happens and I think everything that followed that seems to indicated that he genuinely suspected me of just playing him. For e.g. the public post asking why the target failed, the subsequent scumread of me. He just seems authentically bitter about it, as if he really thought I was scum and had gotten us to target chennisden when I was planning on arranging for our hood to be blocked the whole time.

In regards to Almost50, I struggle to see how he could make up the stuff he's saying in his posts! For example, the post of mine that Gamma recently quoted that was a response to A50. That post seems like the kind of importance town would place upon their own opinion and the sheer IMPACT of their reads. I think scum would struggle to fake that, and why even would they? It's more likely to just make people annoyed with you.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4464 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:51 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 4460, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 4447, nomnomnom wrote:everything I do is scum obviously lol

well if anything, I'm pretty confident that Ank is town with this sudden vote shift so, yeah. There's that at least. Don't go back on Ank.
In post 4454, EspressoPatronum wrote:

In post 4455, nomnomnom wrote:Is this a 1v1 I see?
Considering that you said in the past 2 days or so that you have a townread on both of EP & Ank why are you encouraging it?
Because otherwise we are delving in apathy that's leading to my lynch and this is going to end in absolutely nothing.
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4465 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:16 am

Post by panthaleon »

K I'm not moving off of nom.

You're welcome to leave reads for us to look at if you're town, or you can just mope your way to death.

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4466 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:37 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 4463, DeasVail wrote:In regards to Almost50, I struggle to see how he could make up the stuff he's saying in his posts! For example, the post of mine that Gamma recently quoted that was a response to A50. That post seems like the kind of importance town would place upon their own opinion and the sheer IMPACT of their reads. I think scum would struggle to fake that, and why even would they? It's more likely to just make people annoyed with you.
I think a50 is scum but I can explain later
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #4467 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:51 am

Post by MariaR »

Alright, we need to lynch nom.
VOTE: Nom
For information sake because if nom is town and that's what I think I really wanna see some peoples reasoning for scumreading nom and they can't hide behind that if nom is dead. Nom can't make it to LYLO period. I think there's some really scummy people on the nom wagon but the only way I'm gonna convince certain people is if we take care of this first.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4468 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Almost50 »

^voting your TR is a bad move, trust me. Not "scummy", but bad in the sense that you are giving in to the wrong side. I did it most recently and it almost cost us the game (but PP was nice enough to scum claim as the last scum and thus save the town from itself)

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4469 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:01 am

Post by nomnomnom »

That vote is probably the shittiest in the whole bunch.

Call me when you come back to your senses.
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4470 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:05 am

Post by panthaleon »

Nom does it bother you at all that you're just throwing a tantrum instead of doing anything to help the town?

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4471 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Hey almost, you're townreading nom right? I skimmed your iso a bit and saw it seemed like it was mostly from the volpe nightkill - can you explain that for me or if you've got other reasons for it lay that out for me? I'd agree that volpe isn't likely what nom-scum would want if you ignored the rest of a scumteam existing, but he was also one of the more highly townread people in the game at the time too.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4472 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:07 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 4470, panthaleon wrote:Nom does it bother you at all that you're just throwing a tantrum instead of doing anything to help the town?
Pointing out someone voting their TR is shitting, is throwing a tantrum to you?

Piss off honestly lol
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #4473 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:08 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 4468, Almost50 wrote:^voting your TR is a bad move, trust me. Not "scummy", but bad in the sense that you are giving in to the wrong side. I did it most recently and it almost cost us the game (but PP was nice enough to scum claim as the last scum and thus save the town from itself)
What exactly do you think we should do then? People are you gonna hide behind Nom scumreads the whole game when we have people like FL/DEB who need to go. I don't know how I feel about DV enough to lynch him and we got a few days left.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4474 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:09 am

Post by nomnomnom »

shitty*

If people think I'm scum then so be it but actually voting me when you TR me is the worst thing to do. It's like wasting your day just because other people want to vote me. That's not how you play mafia jesus christ. I don't care if you think people are hiding behind a me scumread if you want the day to change stop letting the gamestate warp around me and maybe things will change. This is just straight up stupid. I just don't want to play in this kind of game it's just stupid.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”