Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:47 am

Post by Sujimichi »

Well, I disagree that you have a good case on me but you at least made one. Likewise, people have stated why they read Nachomamma8 as potential Mafia. You may view them as garbage, but I assure you that not everyone does, and at least they were made. I am asking why you so strongly read him as Town, enough to assert that you will "have fisticuffs with all of you individually." I believe this is the strongest stance that anyone has taken on another player thus far, and I would like to understand your rationale.

Answering my question by redirecting is something that you are increasingly doing, and I am not sure why someone aligned with Town would do that.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:55 am

Post by popsofctown »

Most recent votecount: Dog Residue
Last edited by popsofctown on Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:10 am

Post by Amrun »

Nacho hasn’t done anything scummy in my eyes. All the “cases” on him seem nebulous and some of them seem opportunistic.

I’m not so overly sure he’s town but I think lynching him because he has a high reputation and has had a V/LA in the middle of the phase making it difficult for him to engage is ridiculous.

He’s a townread but the fisticuffs is about the annoyance of lynching day 1 the best player in the game for shit reasons. I joined to play with him. Idk Undertale and couldn’t care less. I just wanted to play with Nacho.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:40 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 627, Amrun wrote:Nacho hasn’t done anything scummy in my eyes. All the “cases” on him seem nebulous and some of them seem opportunistic.

I’m not so overly sure he’s town but I think lynching him because he has a high reputation and has had a V/LA in the middle of the phase making it difficult for him to engage is ridiculous.

He’s a townread but the fisticuffs is about the annoyance of lynching day 1 the best player in the game for shit reasons. I joined to play with him. Idk Undertale and couldn’t care less. I just wanted to play with Nacho.
town for me, but i don't see anything he's done as loserish.
in fact, i was a little paranoid when he first locked us as town.
but he's obviously very experienced so maybe he's just that good that he can instantly tell someone's town based on style of posting alone.
and loser!Nacho coming in to push through a SPARE on town day 1 seems like an odd strategy, dontcha think?
unless he thinks it gives him significant towncred but that doesn't really work without flips for SPAREs.
hell if i know.
welp, i see that you and my old pal Sujimichi have had a lot to talk about while i was gone.
i'll get to that tonight.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:44 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 628, Hectic wrote:
In post 627, Amrun wrote:Nacho hasn’t done anything scummy in my eyes. All the “cases” on him seem nebulous and some of them seem opportunistic.

but he's obviously very experienced so maybe he's just that good that he can instantly tell someone's town based on style of posting alone.
and loser!Nacho coming in to push through a SPARE on town day 1 seems like an odd strategy, dontcha think?
unless he thinks it gives him significant towncred but that doesn't really work without flips for SPAREs.
hell if i know.
welp, i see that you and my old pal Sujimichi have had a lot to talk about while i was gone.
I agree and frankly, if he was going to fake a confident townread on someone to spare them and get them out of his hair, I would not have expected it to be you. Especially after arguing against sparing.

A better scum strat for that is to pick someone who is familiar and a threat to pocket/remove threat by sparing.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Amrun »

How much history do you have with nacho, Hectic? Have you ever caught him as scum before?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:47 am

Post by Psyche »

nacho could be scum rn and his professed hectic read would
still
be broadly sound
You can't step in the same river twice.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:48 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 631, Psyche wrote:nacho could be scum rn and his professed hectic read would
still
be broadly sound
There’s no planet on which Hectic/nacho is SvS. Agreed.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:48 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 631, Psyche wrote:nacho could be scum rn and his professed hectic read would
still
be broadly sound
Why don’t you have any scumread, Psyche?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:56 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 630, Amrun wrote:How much history do you have with nacho, Hectic? Have you ever caught him as scum before?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:35 am

Post by Psyche »

because scumreads are hard
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:36 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

In post 632, Amrun wrote:
still
be broadly sound
There’s no planet on which Hectic/nacho is SvS. Agreed.
Strongly not agreed. The opposite of agreed.
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:37 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

HURT: psyche
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:40 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

For the record:

(1) nacho is also a significant part of why I joined this game, because I wanted to play with him first hand (we’ve been in a game together before but didn’t really get to “play” together) but that’s not enough reason for me to not lynch him if I think he’s scummy

However

(2) I missed the VLA, probably because he didn’t bold it or I’m just unobservant. The fact that the dip in activity was coincident with that lowers my concern about his activity, although I still do not think that sparing is anything other than terrible for D1 and really dislike that his last meaningful activity was pushing that especially when he earlier called it out as suboptimal
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:43 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

In post 629, Amrun wrote:
In post 628, Hectic wrote:

hell if i know.
I agree and frankly, if he was going to fake a confident townread on someone to spare them and get them out of his hair, I would not have expected it to be you. Especially after arguing against sparing.

A better scum strat for that is to pick someone who is familiar and a threat to pocket/remove threat by sparing.
The problem with this is that it’s making an assumption about scumplay that I disagree with beyond a certain level, which is that one move is meaningfully more likely than another once a certain level of scumplay is reached.

The fact that it is suboptimal is exactly why a scum player of calibre might do that some of the time. I highly doubt that nacho (unless his scumgame is much weaker than his towngame, which idk) sees himself as limited in what options are available to scum!him. So approaching the question of “if he’s scum, would he do this suboptimal thing” is meaningless imo.

I don’t know if I explained that well, but I can try again if necessary
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:43 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

I think I’m ready to put what I think was a suji townslip too
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Sujimichi »

Where did Nachomamma8 state that he was on a leave of absence? I do not see it, though I see him scum reading Pine for behavior he is now demonstrating albeit somewhat different.
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:47 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

Subject: Saga Mafia Threats to Hazel PT
Sujimichi wrote:Hey mastina! I think that I should keep my current role, if that is okay with you. This is my first time as Mafia, and being assured of death prior to Day 3 relieves some of the pressure for me.
Suji started this game after s/he started this one. I think that dropping the tone in that comment is entirely natural, and wasn’t planned out as a safeguard against that game ending first, which makes me strongly believe they had rolled town in this game before getting their scum PM there.

This is why I said it was angleshooty and I still think it’s kind of ick, but I would like us to move on from suji!scum discussion.
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:47 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

In post 220, Nachomamma8 wrote:So, unfortunately, I will be traveling from now until the 2nd of February. My activity will be a little more limited than I'd like and I'll be stuck phone posting, but I will still be a force of nature.
@suji
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:49 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

Alim or psyche today, I think
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Psyche »

[float=]h[/float]Disagree w/ SH's reasoning (don't think the relationship between a play's optimality and scumminess is around 1:1 like he's suggesting) but in general am doubtful that scum optimizing their readlists to prioritize removing threats from the game is really a thing.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:51 am

Post by Psyche »

also thank god the roleplaying stopped
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:52 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

In post 645, Psyche wrote:[float=]h[/float]Disagree w/ SH's reasoning (don't think the relationship between a play's optimality and scumminess is around 1:1 like he's suggesting) but in general am doubtful that scum optimizing their readlists to prioritize removing threats from the game is really a thing.
If anything scum optimise readlists to alllow them to be on mislynches or to create bad associatives

They have the factional NK for threats
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:52 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

In post 646, Psyche wrote:also thank god the roleplaying stopped
You have no idea how sad I am that it had to
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:54 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 220, Nachomamma8 wrote:So, unfortunately, I will be traveling from now until the 2nd of February. My activity will be a little more limited than I'd like and I'll be stuck phone posting, but I will still be a force of nature.
Like, y’all aren’t even reading his posts, so how can I trust you to understand the gamestate? This is only the first and most clear time it’s mentioned. Anyone scumreading nacho without acknowledging this is automatically suspect.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”