Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:20 am

Post by Sujimichi »

I am not mad at SherlockHolmes, but I do not wish to vote with Amrun.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Psyche »

amrun's hurting anenomie!
You can't step in the same river twice.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 772, Sujimichi wrote:On re-evaluation, my stances have changed somewhat. If we are Fighting today, I would like to Fight Farkran or Amrun. If we are Sparing, I would like to Spare myself. I have decided I do not want to Spare anyone else. I believe I prefer Fighting my two preferred Fights over Sparing today, but I prefer Sparing over Fighting anyone else.

HURT: Amrun
Thanks. I fully support the fighting resolution, although neither of your suggested targets are my best guesses at this point. I kinda want replica now.

While you are here as an IC, suji, could you lay out your reasons why you picked exactly those two for your lynchpool?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:26 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 778, Farkran wrote:
In post 772, Sujimichi wrote:On re-evaluation, my stances have changed somewhat. If we are Fighting today, I would like to Fight Farkran or Amrun. If we are Sparing, I would like to Spare myself. I have decided I do not want to Spare anyone else. I believe I prefer Fighting my two preferred Fights over Sparing today, but I prefer Sparing over Fighting anyone else.

HURT: Amrun
Thanks. I fully support the fighting resolution, although neither of your suggested targets are my best guesses at this point. I kinda want replica now.

While you are here as an IC, suji, could you lay out your reasons why you picked exactly those two for your lynchpool?
Sorry, let me rephrase. I heard your scumcases. I meant to say why are you townreading the others more than us, mostly. i.e. why are replica, psyche, chemist and maybe almidia town?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:45 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 778, Farkran wrote:While you are here as an IC, suji, could you lay out your reasons why you picked exactly those two for your lynchpool?
hey...
what do you mean by IC...?
did he claim FN...?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:46 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 640, SherlockHolmes wrote:I think I’m ready to put what I think was a suji townslip too
at the end, why did you decide to out the townslip after initially not wanting to mention it...?
what changed your mind...?
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 773, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 771, Farkran wrote:
In post 769, Sujimichi wrote:I read the post, Farkran, thank you. It comes across as more of a required explanation to shift your viewpoint than a genuine re-evaluation of your viewpoint as your reasons for not shifting your focus to one of the other three are weak.
Ok, different angle: where is my scum motivation in switching my lynchpool of players to those offwagon? Assuming i am scum, i can have one partner bussing me on wagon. Remove you as conftown, that leaves two players i would have no issues pushing as mislynches.
I do not believe you would successfully
push anyone on that list as a mislynch other than myself
, and you have been given the opportunity to move elsewhere (see: voting with Amrun to "hold her accountable").
Oh, i lost this in the pedits.

Bolded: what makes you think you were the weak link in that group, though? And what makes you think everyone else in that group is a mislynch? I mean, you are voting Amrun yourself - are you seeing Fark/Amrun as a solve? Moreover - what makes psyche more likely a successful lynch than Nacho, Chara or Amrun?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:52 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 778, Farkran wrote:While you are here as an IC, suji, could you lay out your reasons why you picked exactly those two for your lynchpool?
I reject that I am an Innocent Child-like player at this point. You may have your suppositions based on out-of-game context, but it does not make me confirmed town and the repetitious stating of such fact is irritating and demotivating as previously mentioned. As you have clarified that you have seen my rationale for thinking you and Amrun to be Mafia, I do not see the need to qualify my other reads. Suffice to say that I do not suspect then as much as I do you and Amrun at this point.

I am wary of Nachomamma8, but as pointed out by myself earlier, I feel that I may be using activity to a larger degree for my read than I should.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:54 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 780, Hectic wrote:
hey...
what do you mean by IC...?
did he claim FN...?
I just can't believe suji is able to pull such a natural thing as . I just believe that. And sherlock for pointing it out - as i said, they would have to be exactly scum together to pull up such a play, and i find it extremely unplausible.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 782, Farkran wrote:
In post 769, Sujimichi wrote:I read the post, Farkran, thank you. It comes across as more of a required explanation to shift your viewpoint than a genuine re-evaluation of your viewpoint as your reasons for not shifting your focus to one of the other three are weak.
Ok, different angle: where is my scum motivation in switching my lynchpool of players to those offwagon? Assuming i am scum, i can have one partner bussing me on wagon. Remove you as conftown, that leaves two players i would have no issues pushing as mislynches.
, and you have been given the opportunity to move elsewhere (see: voting with Amrun to "hold her accountable").

Bolded: what makes you think you were the weak link in that group, though? And what makes you think everyone else in that group is a mislynch? I mean, you are voting Amrun yourself - are you seeing Fark/Amrun as a solve? Moreover - what makes psyche more likely a successful lynch than Nacho, Chara or Amrun?
It has been previously stated that I am an easy mislynch due to my tone (not in this game), and I have been the focus of two players held in great esteem (which also happened to have been on your/your predecessor's wagon and thus are the subject of this line of discussion). You were the one that questioned theoretical mislynches other than myself (see: two players I would have no issues pushing as mislynches), and so I commented as such.

Yes, I see you and Amrun as a potential team in this game. I do not understand your last question.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Hectic »

okay... i got the impression you were still chasing FIGHTS today...
why not SPARE Sujimichi...?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Psyche »

good question good question indeedy
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 497, Replica wrote:
In post 495, Sujimichi wrote:Could you expand upon how failing to respond to pressure is a liability? First, to clarify, I am not saying I do not respond at all, but you will not get an emotional reaction from me.
Sure thing, it's not the "failing to respond to pressure" that's a liability. It's the insistence that you can be perfection in your response: you
do, have, and will
respond to pressure. It will creep into your thoughts and posts, and you will react to it in some way. Pretending it is not there, or minimizing its effects, is itself a reaction. Standardizing it is possible, but only with great effort and an extensive record.

Logicians in general like to take stances that purport to remove their humanity or biases, but they're not so easily separated.

In short: Your ideals are admirable, but being a complete mafia player means recognizing your limitations, playing with them in mind, and even willfully letting others exploit them when the time is right.
I find it somewhat ironic that this is the first game where I am becoming somewhat emotional due to in-game actions. I apologize for my previous assertion.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Sujimichi »

[spare]Sujimichi[/spare]
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Sujimichi »

HEAL: Sujimichi

Somewhat embarrassed for that error.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:01 am

Post by Hectic »

Sujimichi... can you cook spaghetti...?
someone wants to know...
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 791, Hectic wrote:Sujimichi... can you cook spaghetti...?
someone wants to know...
I made spaghetti arrabbiata on Tuesday. I thought it was quite delicious.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:08 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 792, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 791, Hectic wrote:Sujimichi... can you cook spaghetti...?
someone wants to know...
I made spaghetti arrabbiata on Tuesday. I thought it was quite delicious.
HEAL: Sujimichi
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 785, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 782, Farkran wrote:

I do not understand your last question.
I mean, what makes psyche an easier mislynch than Nacho, Chara or Amrun? Looking at the gamestate, i'd be more inclined to believe Nacho would be an easier mislynch, given the amount of consensus scumread around the two slots. This was probably more true several pages ago though, but even then that was one of my reasons to townlean nacho. Look at players progression towards his slot - you, Replica, Chara, sherlock, all changed their read on Nacho starting when he stopped being active.

On the other hand, a psyche lynch was being hard-resisted by chemist, replica (who, besides not being willing to fight, was also scumleaning nacho), you, and to some extent Chara, despite being a lurker replaced into a lurker slot. The situation has improved since psyche has been pressured, and while his posts have improved, the timing on which this happened is not town indicative. I could associate Psyche with many players out there, not just those who were soft or hard-defending him.

That said, i still kinda want Replica now.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:25 am

Post by Farkran »

Also, spaghetti all'arrabbiata is an italian recipe!

If i absolutely had to compromise on a spare, on threat of a no-action resolution today, i'm fine with sparing Sujimichi or sherlock. Well, on threat of that, i would be fine with anything. But i strongly, strongly, strongly suggest that we compromise on a fight, or if this is absolutely out of question, a spare on one of those two.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:31 am

Post by Psyche »

would have to be convinced that the fight target has better than meagerly-higher-than-random odds of actually being scum
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:35 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 794, Farkran wrote:I mean, what makes psyche an easier mislynch than Nacho, Chara or Amrun? Looking at the gamestate, i'd be more inclined to believe Nacho would be an easier mislynch, given the amount of consensus scumread around the two slots. This was probably more true several pages ago though, but even then that was one of my reasons to townlean nacho. Look at players progression towards his slot - you, Replica, Chara, sherlock, all changed their read on Nacho starting when he stopped being active.
And, if you'll notice, all players have shifted away from Nachomamma8 once his limited activity was explicitly brought to light.
In post 794, Farkran wrote:On the other hand, a psyche lynch was being hard-resisted by chemist, replica (who, besides not being willing to fight, was also scumleaning nacho), you, and to some extent Chara, despite being a lurker replaced into a lurker slot.
I did not resist a Pine/Psych Fight. In fact, I explicitly stated that I would Fight that slot at the same time that I said I did not like your entrance (see: post . Replica may have stated a scum lean on Nachmamma8, however, he was not willing to Fight, so that does not have importance to this. I do not believe that Chemist1422 has strongly done anything this game, and Chara has Psyche in her pool of "leftovers" similar to Nachomamma8.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Hectic »

floating in again...
Farkran... you're treating Sujimichi like an IC... but still saying you would rather FIGHT and would have to compromise to SPARE him...
why...?
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 797, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 794, Farkran wrote:I mean, what makes psyche an easier mislynch than Nacho, Chara or Amrun? Looking at the gamestate, i'd be more inclined to believe Nacho would be an easier mislynch, given the amount of consensus scumread around the two slots. This was probably more true several pages ago though, but even then that was one of my reasons to townlean nacho. Look at players progression towards his slot - you, Replica, Chara, sherlock, all changed their read on Nacho starting when he stopped being active.
And, if you'll notice, all players have shifted away from Nachomamma8 once his limited activity was explicitly brought to light.
...yeah, which is much more indicative of opportunism from those players, rather than of scum!nacho, wouldn't you agree? I am going from memory though, i am not sure if all those players started scumreading nacho when he went away, rather than having an already existing scumread of him before that event.
In post 797, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 794, Farkran wrote:On the other hand, a psyche lynch was being hard-resisted by chemist, replica (who, besides not being willing to fight, was also scumleaning nacho), you, and to some extent Chara, despite being a lurker replaced into a lurker slot.
I did not resist a Pine/Psych Fight. In fact, I explicitly stated that I would Fight that slot at the same time that I said I did not like your entrance (see: post . Replica may have stated a scum lean on Nachmamma8, however, he was not willing to Fight, so that does not have importance to this. I do not believe that Chemist1422 has strongly done anything this game, and Chara has Psyche in her pool of "leftovers" similar to Nachomamma8.
True enough about you, and it doesn't really matter now that i no longer scumread you. Still, when you compare two lurker slots and you say you're going to fight one, but assert you dislike the other... that does sound like a soft-defense, or at least a weak read you'd not be willing to put your weight on. Chemist has not done much, but he has been whiteknighting the lurkers ( and more), which is something that pings me the wrong way in this gamestate and i can see it as a generalized defense of his partner - of course it would sound better than "hey, do not vote pine, but i'm perfectly fine with asriel". I also scumreaded chemist in that magireco game though, so it may be just chemist - and that's why i would like (have liked?) to flip Psyche first in that duo. To the other end of the spectrum is Chara, who is doing the opposite and actually asserting that "Farkran is bad, but Psyche is almost ok". I dislike nullreads on scummy slots, that's how you usually find scumpartners, and Psyche is a common denominator.

I am convincing myself to stay on psyche again.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”