Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

Xtoxm, how goes your catch up?
Don’t forget about how when I asked him for a link to his scumgame, he linked THIS game. - Pyrrha Nikos
He usually never puts effort into reads like that, which does sometimes get him scumread, but since he was on an alt and we didn't know his meta, I can see CL!him making reads as an exception since he knows he'll probably be scumread otherwise.
-Hectic
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:50 am

Post by mastina »

In post 809, jjh927 wrote:
Xtoxm replaces Aeronaut!
Now we just need to somehow con kuribo into joining us here. :P
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:38 am

Post by jjh927 »

Prodding Eve and Gobbledygook
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Zenith »

In post 824, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 818, Blatant Scum wrote:˙uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇlᴉʇ ʇsnſ ˙sᴉɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ op oʇ ʇɐɥʍ ɐǝpᴉ ou ǝʌɐɥ I ʇnq 'ʎɹɹos ɯɐ I ˙ǝʌɐɥ ʇou plnoɥs I ɯɐɹƃoɹd ɐ uɐɹ I
Got it repaired. I accidentally minimalized the program instead of shutting it down.
Good, because that was kind of annoying.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 826, mastina wrote:
In post 809, jjh927 wrote:
Xtoxm replaces Aeronaut!
Now we just need to somehow con kuribo into joining us here. :P
Are you going to contribute anything of substance to this game?
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 822, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 821, Zenith wrote:
In post 813, Xtoxm wrote:can someone give me a rundown of what mechanical info is public
pretty pls
There's other more role specific info out there, but here's my roleclaim along with a compilation of everyone's flavor claims:

i was hoping the game might move a bit faster to get some 'in-action' reads, but looks like i'll have to go the game to get anywhere.
i'll start working on that tonight.
You are going to have to assist us in getting the game active if you would like anything of note. There are far too many players not actively participating at this moment.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 825, Blatant Scum wrote:Xtoxm, how goes your catch up?
had less time than i thought today but lets see what i can do.

blatant scum - the stagnant gamestate has me leaning town here, altho this is a weak read, since town has a large majority currently
eve - why are you voting me, ostensibly for aero flaking, whilst hardcore lurking yourself? aero is the guy known for flaking every game hes ever played. it is the literal definition of NAI, and why i chose his slot to replace into. please justify yourself.
gif/mastina - neither of these slots have been townie. mastina seems to be neglecting this game specifically. i consider this wolfiest slot in the game, atm.
zenith - could see the role being scum, but claiming it the way he has kinda leashes him to using it for towns desires. +town eq. like his general legwork also. could be that scum is interested and putting effort in while town is doing nothing, but i wanna believe its the other way around. townbinning for now.
dongfish - mega deadpan face on the claim. lvl 5 stone sounds like something thats never going to fucking happen. "dont worry guys, i'll be conftown on D9! any minute now!!" not interested. would wagon.
alim/wake - town by hood. wakes bg claim is also really townie, cus he basically cant endgame with a claim like that.
suji - not getting much here. null, i guess.
gobble - i see in #720 you have me and wake as 2/3 of your poe, which im not really down with. if you were to assume the hood is all town, how would that affect your reads?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 831, Xtoxm wrote:suji - not getting much here. null, i guess.
You read my posts and you truly believe there is not much that I have said? Not even enough for you to determine my alignment with some degree of accuracy?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

i will also note tho, that trying to form reads from historical content is not my forte and i'm much more comfortable getting reads whilst im actually in the game, with people playing.
so if you guys could try to play little bit more than you are rn that would be cool.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

I do not believe you have actually read the previous content with any sense of thoroughness at current.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 832, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 831, Xtoxm wrote:suji - not getting much here. null, i guess.
You read my posts and you truly believe there is not much that I have said? Not even enough for you to determine my alignment with some degree of accuracy?
i scanned your iso.
tbh, you having 115 posts on the board and not giving me town feels is a little concerning.
i think its fine to not have a solid read everywhere off the bat, tho.
could you give me a shotgun readlist?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 834, Sujimichi wrote:I do not believe you have actually read the previous content with any sense of thoroughness at current.
this would be a fair evaluation, yes.
i'm trying to get something out with the time i have available, since atm there is just nothing going on here.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

I do not have a full opinion of everyone at the moment given the state of the game. There is one Mafia in you, alimidia, and Wake88. That is where I want to focus at the current time.

If you have scanned my ISO you would have seen my thoughts on this.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

I believe you have said you consider your Neighborhood a Masonry; however, alimidia did not get that sense (and in fact stated the opposite). I would like to understand why there is a discrepancy there.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 838, Sujimichi wrote:I believe you have said you consider your Neighborhood a Masonry; however, alimidia did not get that sense (and in fact stated the opposite). I would like to understand why there is a discrepancy there.
alim thinks theres scum in the hood because she thinks that something eve said was a slip that she was scum, with someone in the hood. i find it fairly ridiculous, and dont think its likely eve was aware of the hood before it was outed.

why i think the hood is all town
:
the thief stone closes PTs.
obviously this means scum cant talk, which is very damaging to scum.
so there has to be a trade off for this.
if there is scum in the hood, there you are fucking scum twice. that makes very little setup design sense.
if the hood is all town, the the counter balance to depriving scum of chat is also depriving town of their soft masonry.
ideal counter balance, setup wise.
i'm quite confident in this setup read.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

Why could the Thief Stone not power up scum roles independently of the Private Thread? The Neighborhood Thread, not specified as a Masonry, is also unlikely to be viewed as such given similar in other games, so why is this a good counterbalance?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 840, Sujimichi wrote:Why could the Thief Stone not power up scum roles independently of the Private Thread?
because we have no evidence of this?
as far as i can tell, powering up only happens at level 5, which seems really unlikely to ever happen.
im going to work with the info available to me, not hypotheticals that i have no evidence of.

there are many examples of games with all town hoods. i could link some if you need that to believe its possible, i guess.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

Do you expect Mafia to provide you with this evidence? I do not believe they have informed us of a Roleblocking ability, yet alimidia (who is in your Neighborhood) has claimed to have been Roleblocked. In addition, you can see that all of TiphaineDeath (Town), popsofctown (Town), and Pine (Mafia) did not require Stone level 5 in order to use their abilities, though popsofctown's required an equivalent or lesser Stone level to phase level. Do you expect Mafia to inform us of their remaining abilities and how they work?

You are making assumptions without, admittedly, being fully read through and that is dangerous if you are Town.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

ok, having now looked at those flips i have to cede that point.
however, i feel closing scum pt vs closing all town hood is a more like-for-like setup balance
hurting scum twice and trying to balance that by giving scum a thief stone power seems clunky
pines flip also shows that his role had no benefit from thief stone, so thats 1/3 (presumably) of the team that gain nothing from that activation.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

also, just noticing that pops flip sounds a lot like what BS is claiming.
what do ppl think of that?
BS - what do you think of your role, and its relation to pops role?
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 843, Xtoxm wrote:ok, having now looked at those flips i have to cede that point.
however, i feel closing scum pt vs closing all town hood is a more like-for-like setup balance
hurting scum twice and trying to balance that by giving scum a thief stone power seems clunky
pines flip also shows that his role had no benefit from thief stone, so thats 1/3 (presumably) of the team that gain nothing from that activation.
Perhaps all Mafia Power Roles are all independent of the Stones (as Pine's power was independent of a Stone) which would then hinder Town (see: TiphaineDeath requirements and two claimed Town requirements from Wake88 and DongFish) with Stone-required activation whilst allowing Mafia to freely utilize their roles. This would render your private communication point moot.

I do not think it is a good argument for your Neighborhood thread being a Masonry.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

Is a Rolestopper the counter-role to Roleblocker?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

rolestopper blocks everyone else who tries to target the person that is rolestopped. the rolestopped person is still able to act themselves.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

Then I believe my vote is adequately placed at the moment despite my other reservations.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 845, Sujimichi wrote:Perhaps all Mafia Power Roles are all independent of the Stones (as Pine's power was independent of a Stone) which would then hinder Town (see: TiphaineDeath requirements and two claimed Town requirements from Wake88 and DongFish) with Stone-required activation whilst allowing Mafia to freely utilize their roles. This would render your private communication point moot.
umm...i dont see what one thing has to to with the other here, and why you think it makes my point moot?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”