teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7350 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by teacher »

Yea, Im diving Math's day rn, and am kinda coming out the same, but will write on it.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #7351 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

cool i'll be around for a bit more but i have to go to sleep soon
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7352 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Gonna be afk all day Monday so use it as you will.

I still don’t see any cases or reasoning for shos scum. Just complaining that you can’t lynch me and don’t want to vote RCE in a whole lot of words without addressing the probability problems.

The closest you’ve said is we can’t know what happened, which is true. But you’re still not addressing the probability problem in that RCE trying to kill another player is the most probable event occurring assuming Bella’s claim is true.

Even if we assume RCE is town.

You then need to address why scum!shos + scum!saud shoots RCE or me. If you can’t do that then your reads are very likely wrong.

It’s not a matter of saying they could have and drop it. You need to think through the logical conclusions and how we end up here. If you want the shos wagon to take off you need to do that. Because right now it reads like the RC wagon yesterday. Me being pushing a wagon scum want rather than Saud. They hop on. RC pushes Saud. Saud is winning. Scum shop for counter wagons but RCE stays on RC hoping it would take off.

With the theory RCE scum having failed to kill RC the first time it’s much more likely they strongmanned RC to get rid of the PR and tried to kill him N1.

Until and unless you can explain what happens in a town RCE world to that kind of level it’s going to look like hogwash.

I have work and D&D tomorrow so you should be able to formulate a theory if you’re right. I just don’t think you are.

And I disagree on monopolizing things but consider this similar to what RC did with Saud. Floor is yours prove the theory wrong.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7353 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 7327, skitter30 wrote:
In post 7308, RCEnigma wrote:I was waiting on Skitter but I missed her.
sorry, my life has been busier than usual recently
i'll be around for a bit more tonight

anything in particular u wanna talk to me about ?
I didn't have anything particular in mind. Wanted your thoughts on how the day was playing out, what you're current solve was, general stuff.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7354 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 7352, MathBlade wrote:Gonna be afk all day Monday so use it as you will.

I still don’t see any cases or reasoning for shos scum. Just complaining that you can’t lynch me and don’t want to vote RCE in a whole lot of words without addressing the probability problems.

The closest you’ve said is we can’t know what happened, which is true. But you’re still not addressing the probability problem in that RCE trying to kill another player is the most probable event occurring assuming Bella’s claim is true.

Even if we assume RCE is town.

You then need to address why scum!shos + scum!saud shoots RCE or me. If you can’t do that then your reads are very likely wrong.

It’s not a matter of saying they could have and drop it. You need to think through the logical conclusions and how we end up here. If you want the shos wagon to take off you need to do that. Because right now it reads like the RC wagon yesterday. Me being pushing a wagon scum want rather than Saud. They hop on. RC pushes Saud. Saud is winning. Scum shop for counter wagons but RCE stays on RC hoping it would take off.

With the theory RCE scum having failed to kill RC the first time it’s much more likely they strongmanned RC to get rid of the PR and tried to kill him N1.

Until and unless you can explain what happens in a town RCE world to that kind of level it’s going to look like hogwash.

I have work and D&D tomorrow so you should be able to formulate a theory if you’re right. I just don’t think you are.

And I disagree on monopolizing things but consider this similar to what RC did with Saud. Floor is yours prove the theory wrong.
Jingle had a post about this and in summary it's a 1/12 chance strictly by numbers and something something that amounts to very little after the game started since we aren't robots and the values change as scum are going to give their subjective input in regards to the nightkill.

Someone else brought that point up earlier I can't remember who though, maybe Xtoxm.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7355 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by implosion »

Spoiler: peer into the everlasting infomercial

Vote Count 3.6
RCEnigma
(3): MathBlade, Flopz, shos
shos
(2): teacher, skitter30

Not Voting (5): RCEnigma, Aristophanes, Bellaphant, Xtoxm, Iconeum

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to end the day.
Deadline is set to 11 PM PST on the 12th, in (expired on 2020-02-13 03:00:00).
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7356 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by teacher »

OK, I definitely faded at the end of this, but my review of Math's D3 in depth was interesting.

Lets just start with some surface level contradictions:
  • RC is "literally one person" whom we should not "worship" . No, we should follow RC.
  • RC was scumreading Skitter at EoD. . No, RC was FoSing RCE.
  • Strongman IS the response to two protectives. No, strongman is NOT the response to two protectives. ;
  • 3 PRs is normal. No, 3 PRs is overpowered.
  • Acknowledges everyone has claimed. . No, “there may also be some PR claims hidden.” ;
    (never mind that 3 PRs would already be OP -- or wouldnt -- depending on which of the past bullet you believe).
  • Math’s D1 readslists . Math D3: “I don’t operate like that [give readslists]. It would be bullshit.”
ITs the last bullet -- readslists -- that I want to focus on. Its because he needs to be able to push basically whomever the hell he wants. So far today he has called the following players scum: That's quite literally EVERYBODY other than Ari and Flopz. Math's need for flexibility is also shown by his bizarre AF 9-4 theory. He mentions this theory in a bajillion posts. But here are the issues:
  • Its quite obviously never the case with a town of this strength, ever, as I have shown. ;
  • He's pushing the traitor claim AT THE SAME TIME as pushing Bella/Ico, making town even weaker. ; ; (bella); (Ico); ; ; ; ; ;
  • He completely ignores that this theory would make tomorrow mylo on a mislynch, by suggesting town would have multiple more mislynches (including his own).
Here's my bottom line. Math's entire reason for pushing RCE is Bella's claim. But Math is saying, repeatedly (see the second bullet in the last list) that the claims cannot both be true. Someone who yells this loud about mechanics without seeing an obvious flaw is not trying to solve. They're trying to see what sticks.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7357 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by teacher »

VOTE: Math
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7358 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by teacher »

I’ll do shos or ari as well. My vote won’t go outside those three.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7359 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 7352, MathBlade wrote:You need to think through the logical conclusions and how we end up
Just like you did with (a) 9-4, (b) no two protectives, and (c) RCE obvs jailkept killer? Because that’s what you’ve been peddling all day. If that’s a logical world, then I’ve got plenty for you.

The simple fact is that I cannot make scum!Ari killing RCE/you for being unitown read and onto him any bit less likely than Killing RC. RC who was a likely lynch. RC who was destroying thread readability, and RC who was also a potential protective target (tbh, N1 I would have JKed him due to the dual scum-pr potential, and RC could have confirmed with a no result -@bella, why didn’t you pursue this?).

You keep repeating that RC was the obvious kill. I would not have killed him N1 after duck flipped town. Sure, there is reason to do it. But it’s simply not more likely. You saying it is 500 more times isn’t going to change my view.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7360 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:33 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 7359, teacher wrote:tbh, N1 I would have JKed him [RC]to the dual scum-pr potential, and RC could have confirmed with a no result -@bella, why didn’t you pursue this?).
Just wanted the parenthetical question to bella actually called out.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7361 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:42 pm

Post by shos »

Why is this day not over yet
I'm practically skimming by now
I see votes on me
I find it hilarious
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7362 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:57 pm

Post by shos »

Btw I just lost a cult game, if you guys wanna see me play scum

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7363 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:02 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Sorry teacher, can you reword that question? Is it 'why didn't I jk rc' or.. something else I'm not parsing.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7364 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:44 am

Post by Iconeum »

VOTE: RCE

I think this is the only acceptable lynch today.
We need clarification about the N1 lack of a kill. The MOST likely option remains that RCE got blocked. If he flips scum, we don't have to lynch math, he's town.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7365 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:45 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 7356, teacher wrote:OK, I definitely faded at the end of this, but my review of Math's D3 in depth was interesting.

Lets just start with some surface level contradictions:
  • RC is "literally one person" whom we should not "worship" . No, we should follow RC.
  • RC was scumreading Skitter at EoD. . No, RC was FoSing RCE.
  • Strongman IS the response to two protectives. No, strongman is NOT the response to two protectives. ;
  • 3 PRs is normal. No, 3 PRs is overpowered.
  • Acknowledges everyone has claimed. . No, “there may also be some PR claims hidden.” ;
    (never mind that 3 PRs would already be OP -- or wouldnt -- depending on which of the past bullet you believe).
  • Math’s D1 readslists . Math D3: “I don’t operate like that [give readslists]. It would be bullshit.”
ITs the last bullet -- readslists -- that I want to focus on. Its because he needs to be able to push basically whomever the hell he wants. So far today he has called the following players scum: That's quite literally EVERYBODY other than Ari and Flopz. Math's need for flexibility is also shown by his bizarre AF 9-4 theory. He mentions this theory in a bajillion posts. But here are the issues:
  • Its quite obviously never the case with a town of this strength, ever, as I have shown. ;
  • He's pushing the traitor claim AT THE SAME TIME as pushing Bella/Ico, making town even weaker. ; ; (bella); (Ico); ; ; ; ; ;
  • He completely ignores that this theory would make tomorrow mylo on a mislynch, by suggesting town would have multiple more mislynches (including his own).
Here's my bottom line. Math's entire reason for pushing RCE is Bella's claim. But Math is saying, repeatedly (see the second bullet in the last list) that the claims cannot both be true. Someone who yells this loud about mechanics without seeing an obvious flaw is not trying to solve. They're trying to see what sticks.
Especially the part about calling everyone scum. What exactly is scum!motivation in that accordign to you?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7366 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:58 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 7272, shos wrote:yeah yeah
more bla bla bla
can we continue with lynching RCE.
yes

In post 7273, Xtoxm wrote:anyway teacher, your comment about you cant get rce above 40% got me thinking.

10 alive, lets remove bella/ico, 8 suspects. 2 scum => 25% odds of scum, or from a personal perspective, removing oneself, 28.5% (im not sure if its actually fair to do this)

youre framing it as:
math nk: 33%
rce nk: 33%
rce makes kill: 33%

so theres only a 4.5% chance above rand that rce is scum. not very significant right? wrong!

lets frame it another way.

12 slots alive n1. saud is known scum, so lets remove it from the nk pool, leaving 11.
remaining scum identities are unknown, so i think they have to be left in.

individual chance of each slot being nk is ~9.1%

math nk: 9.1%
rce nk: 9.1%
rce makes kill = sum over remaining 9 slots = 81.8%

when i think about it like this, theres no way to justify opposing the rce lynch bc of a tr.
81.8% is a massive improvement over rand.

i think this is the right way to model it, but i'd be interested in having my working proof read.
im more interested in the stats side than "player Y is 80% likely to be the nk bc i can read scums minds"
I townread xtoxm for this post. It really pings me with townie feelingqs.
In post 7316, MathBlade wrote:Like if I could nuke RCE,Teacher,and Skitter and see their flips I think the game is over.
Agreed with this. RCE today, if scum then skitter next. But with teacher's last couple posts i'm really doubting this coudl be wolf as well.
In post 7358, teacher wrote:I’ll do shos or ari as well. My vote won’t go outside those three.
wtf
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7367 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:22 am

Post by teacher »

In post 7363, Bellaphant wrote:Sorry teacher, can you reword that question? Is it 'why didn't I jk rc' or.. something else I'm not parsing.
Yea that’s it.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7368 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:26 am

Post by teacher »

In post 7365, Iconeum wrote:What exactly is scum!motivation in that accordign to you?
Seeing what sticks/board temp?

He starts on shos, the wagon from yesterday. Moves to xtomx on your push, then shifts to you (you! - who claimed doc and saved him) when xtomx isn’t happening due to the neighborize, etc. it’s just not a natural outlook to push both 9-4 and you scum, so it makes me feel like he’s intentionally shading the locktown.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7369 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:46 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 7368, teacher wrote:
In post 7365, Iconeum wrote:What exactly is scum!motivation in that accordign to you?
Seeing what sticks/board temp?

He starts on shos, the wagon from yesterday. Moves to xtomx on your push, then shifts to you (you! - who claimed doc and saved him) when xtomx isn’t happening due to the neighborize, etc. it’s just not a natural outlook to push both 9-4 and you scum, so it makes me feel like he’s intentionally shading the locktown.
all things a lot more likely to come from town then scum
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7370 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:47 am

Post by Iconeum »

I don't agree with literally any of the theory crafting math did, especially his setup analysis. It was plain bad/terrible/insane.

But if we look at the likelyhood of things, it's just a LOT more plausible that RCE got blocked then either of math/RCE got saved.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7371 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:49 am

Post by shos »

Ico you shouldn't be townreading zxtomx for that post. Math is iioa and nai.

Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7372 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:51 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 7371, shos wrote:Ico you shouldn't be townreading zxtomx for that post. Math is iioa and nai.
xtoxm still town

his claim adds town points as well

shos/flopz/xtoxm/math probably all town
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Flopz
Flopz
Goon
Flopz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7373 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:17 am

Post by Flopz »

In post 7346, skitter30 wrote:i feel like i'm running out of people that i want to wagon which means that i'm very desperately wrong somewhere, but i don't know where
and the two people i scumread the most aren't doable right now {math and flopz}
Skitter, you've been talking time and time again about you're scumreading me and I'm not really sure why. You kept bringing up about the "weird associations" between Me and RC but now he's been proven to be Town that doesn't hold water anymore. So can you tell me, at this moment in time, what are the reasons?
Flopz
Flopz
Goon
Flopz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7374 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:19 am

Post by Flopz »

In post 7370, Iconeum wrote:I don't agree with literally any of the theory crafting math did, especially his setup analysis. It was plain bad/terrible/insane.

But if we look at the likelyhood of things, it's just a LOT more plausible that RCE got blocked then either of math/RCE got saved.
Hard agree to both of those points. I've said plenty of times that Maths' theories have been wild and they've just been getting wilder and wilder. However, I still TR him and I think a lot of that is due to tone more than anything.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”