Flopz
Goon
Flopz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7375 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:26 am

Post by Flopz »

In post 7356, teacher wrote:
Here's my bottom line. Math's entire reason for pushing RCE is Bella's claim. But Math is saying, repeatedly (see the second bullet in the last list) that the claims cannot both be true. Someone who yells this loud about mechanics without seeing an obvious flaw is not trying to solve. They're trying to see what sticks.
It seems to me less like an Opportunistic Scum that is trying to open as many possible mislynch opportunities as possible but more like a Townie with a very very very active imagination. Maths' ravings seem more like a crazed detective trying to publicly unravel the mystery than anything else (he's definitley try to see what sticks but it doesn't seem like it's in a disengenious way). He's been like this since the start of the game and I would like to hope that if he was scum he would try to go about this in a more subtle way.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7376 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:42 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Bc I didn't believe his claim, teacher. He was being stupid about it, claiming a night one result, etc. I thought most people felt the same?he also wasn't an obvious night kill - his noise was killing the thread , I'd never have killed him as scum.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7377 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:11 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 7375, Flopz wrote:
In post 7356, teacher wrote:
Here's my bottom line. Math's entire reason for pushing RCE is Bella's claim. But Math is saying, repeatedly (see the second bullet in the last list) that the claims cannot both be true. Someone who yells this loud about mechanics without seeing an obvious flaw is not trying to solve. They're trying to see what sticks.
It seems to me less like an Opportunistic Scum that is trying to open as many possible mislynch opportunities as possible but more like a Townie with a very very very active imagination. Maths' ravings seem more like a crazed detective trying to publicly unravel the mystery than anything else (he's definitley try to see what sticks but it doesn't seem like it's in a disengenious way). He's been like this since the start of the game and I would like to hope that if he was scum he would try to go about this in a more subtle way.
it's time to lynch RCE, folks
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7378 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:43 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 7373, Flopz wrote:
In post 7346, skitter30 wrote:i feel like i'm running out of people that i want to wagon which means that i'm very desperately wrong somewhere, but i don't know where
and the two people i scumread the most aren't doable right now {math and flopz}
Skitter, you've been talking time and time again about you're scumreading me and I'm not really sure why. You kept bringing up about the "weird associations" between Me and RC but now he's been proven to be Town that doesn't hold water anymore. So can you tell me, at this moment in time, what are the reasons?
Not to speak for Skitter but you had a reverse pocket thing going with yesterday. Mostly that you weren't concerned with RC being anything other than town white knighting you.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7379 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:20 am

Post by shos »

In post 7377, Iconeum wrote:it's time to lynch RCE, folks
it's time to lynch RCE, folks
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #7380 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:40 am

Post by Xtoxm »

VOTE: rce
L-1
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7381 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:32 am

Post by MathBlade »

Can’t respond due to promise but I would like a chance to respond to teacher before day end assuming RCE is scum like I think he is so we can sort Teacher and Skitter.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7382 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:32 am

Post by MathBlade »

Can’t respond due to promise but I would like a chance to respond to teacher before day end assuming RCE is scum like I think he is so we can sort Teacher and Skitter.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7383 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:40 am

Post by teacher »

I’d also like the opportunity to give some closing thoughts but won’t be really on for a couple of hours.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #7384 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7352, MathBlade wrote:It’s not a matter of saying they could have and drop it. You need to think through the logical conclusions and how we end up here. If you want the shos wagon to take off you need to do that. Because right now it reads like the RC wagon yesterday. Me being pushing a wagon scum want rather than Saud. They hop on. RC pushes Saud. Saud is winning. Scum shop for counter wagons but RCE stays on RC hoping it would take off.

With the theory RCE scum having failed to kill RC the first time it’s much more likely they strongmanned RC to get rid of the PR and tried to kill him N1.

Until and unless you can explain what happens in a town RCE world to that kind of level it’s going to look like hogwash.
a few things:

-> i think you being saved is the least likely of the 3 universes

-> i am not at all convinced that rc was the obvious nk that night, given that at the end of day1 popular opinion was that rc was going to be lynched day2 on a duck townflip

-> i think that given that rce was p widely townread there's a decent chance he gets shot there, esp. if scum were angling for an rc mislynch the next day

-> i townread rce independantly on play and this nk thing doesn't really sway me super much since i can't know what happened that night and it's not something that is likely to get conclusively resolved. (i think that this interaction is what the detective is meant for, btw)

-> i fundementally don't think that pushing people off of the alien thing is a useful way of analyzing this situation, which is why i'm just not going down that path. it's wifom and is inherently based on assumptions that we cannot know to be true.

-> i am suspcious of you hard-pushing this

-> i doubt that saudade's slot had much influence on the nk given that he repped in after day2 started and tris had all but vanished at that point iirc

-> i agree that i probably am going wrong somewhere because i don't think that i can make a 3way team involving saudade out of my current scum pool. i don't think i'm wrong on rce tho

-> i do not think i will be lynching today given that i feel that most of the suspicion on his slot is based on a mechanical-maybe-guilty that cannot be verified, which is thus very abusable by scum

-> as far as i can tell people aren't actually scumreading him on play, his whole wagon basically sprung up because of the alien thing, which makes me suspicious of the motivations of this wagon

-> i think he's town on play
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7385 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7353, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 7327, skitter30 wrote:
In post 7308, RCEnigma wrote:I was waiting on Skitter but I missed her.
sorry, my life has been busier than usual recently
i'll be around for a bit more tonight

anything in particular u wanna talk to me about ?
I didn't have anything particular in mind. Wanted your thoughts on how the day was playing out, what you're current solve was, general stuff.
don't like the wagon on you rn
currently looking in {math, flopz, shos, xtoxm}, in roughly that order
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7386 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7356, teacher wrote:Here's my bottom line. Math's entire reason for pushing RCE is Bella's claim. But Math is saying, repeatedly (see the second bullet in the last list) that the claims cannot both be true. Someone who yells this loud about mechanics without seeing an obvious flaw is not trying to solve. They're trying to see what sticks.
i'm p sure i made this point at some point
or at the very least i remember thinking it

VOTE: math
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7387 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7366, Iconeum wrote:Agreed with this. RCE today, if scum then skitter next. But with teacher's last couple posts i'm really doubting this coudl be wolf as well.
i feel like i'm living in some sort of bizarro land where only like teacher is makign sense
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7388 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7372, Iconeum wrote:
In post 7371, shos wrote:Ico you shouldn't be townreading zxtomx for that post. Math is iioa and nai.
xtoxm still town

his claim adds town points as well

shos/flopz/xtoxm/math probably all town
this is problematic because that's like exactly my scum pool
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7389 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7373, Flopz wrote:
In post 7346, skitter30 wrote:i feel like i'm running out of people that i want to wagon which means that i'm very desperately wrong somewhere, but i don't know where
and the two people i scumread the most aren't doable right now {math and flopz}
Skitter, you've been talking time and time again about you're scumreading me and I'm not really sure why. You kept bringing up about the "weird associations" between Me and RC but now he's been proven to be Town that doesn't hold water anymore. So can you tell me, at this moment in time, what are the reasons?
i don't think you and rc were tvt
it's the sort of read i'm not wrong on
there was something very odd on your end of the interactiosn where you just kinda accepted his obvtown read on you when you weren't, and then started backing up his pushes/positions.

it's mostly this ^
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7390 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7378, RCEnigma wrote:Not to speak for Skitter but you had a reverse pocket thing going with yesterday. Mostly that you weren't concerned with RC being anything other than town white knighting you.
yeah this is another way of wording it ^
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7391 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7380, Xtoxm wrote:VOTE: rce
L-1
yeah this is bad

again i would like to repeat as loudly as i can that i do not like this wagon and think it is scum-driven
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7392 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by skitter30 »

also what happened to ari?
i feel like he's fallen off the face of the planet this dayphase
Show
Hiatus once more.

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7393 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by teacher »

I dont like this lynch. Like at all. I think Ive made that plain.

If this flips scum, I'll voluntarily lynch myself. At that point is likely 7:1 and honestly we can afford to lose me and I have bad associatives.

If it flips town, however, Math I will expect you to sit down. You were pushing RCE yesterday and against a scum lynch. That lynch, however, didnt cause you to reevaluate at all -- you are still pushing RCE and the same potential partners. When you are wrong, you have to learn.

One thing you cannot learn -- and do not let Math get away with even thinking to claim otherwise -- is Math's alignment. If RCE!town, then the lack of a N1 does not make Math anything approaching conf!town.

I remain of the belief that Math-Ari contains 1 (and only 1) scum. I also think the board should revisit the broad VCAs I provided in -- the flopz wagon, the ari wagon, the shos wagon, and the EoD wagons in particular. IF Im alive, I will flesh out my take.

IF RCE!Town, my belief is that the likely teams are (Ari-Shos) or (Math-flopz).
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7394 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7393, teacher wrote:One thing you cannot learn -- and do not let Math get away with even thinking to claim otherwise -- is Math's alignment. If RCE!town, then the lack of a N1 does not make Math anything approaching conf!town.
yes i would like to highlight this point as well ^
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7395 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7393, teacher wrote:I remain of the belief that Math-Ari contains 1 (and only 1) scum. I also think the board should revisit the broad VCAs I provided in 6953 -- the flopz wagon, the ari wagon, the shos wagon, and the EoD wagons in particular. IF Im alive, I will flesh out my take.
also i am not convinced i see / understand this take

but i am kinda starting to revisit my ari read - his disinterest in the game has kinda coincided with a scum lynch i'm realizing, which is moderately concerning me
Show
Hiatus once more.

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7396 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by teacher »

I know you dont by transitive VCA -- its something that has definitely worked for me, but I cant even articulate it that well.

Mostly, its the Ari wagon arond VC 1.14. AT that point, the largest wagon is either a scum motivated wagon (Flopz/Math) or its on scum (Ari). I then combine that with the other large wagons -1.8 (where I see Math) and 1.19 (same) - and think it could be Math. But, on the other hand, the EoD counterwagon is ALL PR!claims, me (known!town to me), and Math. Basically I think this shows one of the two of them have be scum.

I cant really sell it, but I know I buy it and it holds true for me across games fwiw.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7397 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 7387, skitter30 wrote:
In post 7366, Iconeum wrote:Agreed with this. RCE today, if scum then skitter next. But with teacher's last couple posts i'm really doubting this coudl be wolf as well.
i feel like i'm living in some sort of bizarro land where only like teacher is makign sense
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7398 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by teacher »

thats kind of a left-handed compliment, but Ill take it I guess :P
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7399 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I thought about adding that you make sense to me just in general since it did seem backhanded. But I know Skitter didn't mean it that way.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”