EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5100 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:30 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 5098, davesaz wrote:
In post 5078, EspressoPatronum wrote:@dave - did you get any information with your JOAT tonight? You'll have at least two more nights of safety to track/watch.
My action was not blocked. Nothing learned unfortunately.
Who did you target and why?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5101 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:33 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 5097, davesaz wrote:
In post 5072, Flavor Leaf wrote:Crappy thing is, lynching EP or Myself confirms the other as town.
How does it confirm?
I had it stuck in my head that Lightning Rod gave a free no kill, but that’s actually not true anymore because of the commuter hood
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5102 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:34 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Kinda makes Fire scummy for suggesting to kill within us.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #5103 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:39 am

Post by MariaR »

I missed the party it seems.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #5104 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:42 am

Post by MariaR »

I don't really understand the fb thing, don't really care. Can we kill in EP/FL/DEB now? They'll be forced to use their 1 shot (at least EP/FL) nad if they don't it's a scum claim :D That's also a way to get a free lynch back right?
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #5105 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:45 am

Post by MariaR »

I'll look later, but I wanna check who jumped off the nom wagon like they had a change of heart and now that it's a new day they're like 'OH LET'S LYNCH NOM' cause....
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #5106 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:47 am

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: nom

I think this is correct. If nom is Town she can Vengekill whomever she sees fit. If she's scum then we have no say on whom she kills anyway.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5107 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:50 am

Post by panthaleon »

I cannot tell who is scum and who is just aimlessly not playing the game.

I do not like the way either a50 or gamma joined this wagon
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5108 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:51 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 5100, EspressoPatronum wrote:Who did you target and why?
Answering would likely reveal which action is still available, which is suboptimal for town.
If I used track then someone I thought was scum. If watch, town. If I didn't trust docs then commute is a possibility. ;)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #5109 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:54 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 5108, davesaz wrote:
Answering would likely reveal which action is still available, which is suboptimal for town.
If I used track then someone I thought was scum. If watch, town. If I didn't trust docs then commute is a possibility. ;)
The urge to snap vote this was real, but even if I did I know it wouldn't get anywhere so w/e.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #5110 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

MariaR wrote:I don't really understand the fb thing, don't really care. Can we kill in EP/FL/DEB now? They'll be forced to use their 1 shot (at least EP/FL) nad if they don't it's a scum claim :D That's also a way to get a free lynch back right?
Is there a particular reason you're focusing on any of those three and not one in particular you find scummy?

Because yesterday you were going FULL BITCHING on how the game was garbage because we had 3 "not-mafia" flips and now for some reason instead of actually having one person you want dead you're pointing at 3 people and saying 'eh somewhere in there' so considering how bad another not-mafia flip would be today compared to yesterday it feels v. bad.

Especially when I think there's a very strong likelihood of nom being scum based on her play yesterday as well as other things that I'm going to leave unsaid for the moment
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #5111 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 5107, panthaleon wrote:I cannot tell who is scum and who is just aimlessly not playing the game.

I do not like the way either a50 or gamma joined this wagon
I am very playing this game and I am willing to entertain the idea of lynching someone who isn't nom if any particular player is willing to fight for their scum read on a player

But nom's play yesterday was imo v. bad and I said so then and continue to say so now so yeah I'm pretty happy with my vote on nom at the moment
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5112 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:18 pm

In post 5104, MariaR wrote:I don't really understand the fb thing, don't really care.

FB getting removed from the commuter hood means nom gets the LMS without FB needing to die. If FB is town, he's now hoodless. I think that means he's vanilla now.
Can we kill in EP/FL/DEB now? They'll be forced to use their 1 shot (at least EP/FL) nad if they don't it's a scum claim :D That's also a way to get a free lynch back right?
Two questions:
1. Why do you think voting in me and FL is a good idea?
2. Why do you think mine and FL's LMS gives us a free lynch back?
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5113 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:24 pm

In post 5108, davesaz wrote:
Fair point, but you should consider full claiming within 2 or 3 nights.

If you die before FL or I die, then either:
- FL is scum and didn't protect you with me, causing our protect to randomize
- the roleblockers are majority scum + targeted FL and I
- some other shenanigans happened

In most of the above cases, someone needs to effectively scumclaim for you to die.
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5114 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by panthaleon »

Ank oka wants to know why your team wanted DV dead and why nom dodged the Lynch yesterday.
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5115 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Why did I get removed
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5116 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

People going after EP/Myself have scum in them.

As long as we’re alive, Dave gets to live. (If Dave is scum, well whatever.)
Once one of us die, then we essentially Suicide during the night and it solves itself
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5117 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Ankamius »

A few messages from Eddie Cane!

I want to effort this game, really, I do. I won my game and I have time to spend on this game, but it's just so boring. I don't understand why more teams aren't trying to win, sure some of you are scum but out of every game in Team Mafia, this one matters more than all the others and it doesn't feel like more than 3 or so people actually care.

Appeal to the town within Gammagooey, Panthaleon, and Kuribo (after his V/LA is over) to get activity and leadership up. Nom is
always
the lynch today for the reasons I stated earlier. This is non-negotiable. This and future posts is entirely to help her decision and for people to consider into future days in case Ank gets nightkilled. I didn't read much of D1 chronologically, but I wasn't aware that Ank had unvoted her and would've preferred her flip to DeasVail's. Oh well.

Get your teammates to help with this game.
This is the entire point of team mafia.

Powers are showing up unclaimed, so it's most likely that the scumteam revealed the Writer hood after night one and ejected Firebringer after night three, so they have power other than the hoods. We're less fucked than we would otherwise be if there's 3 scum, but I'm assuming that there's four scum alive, so we are currently 8v4 and I'm working under that assumption currently.

I don't have much of anything for independently strong reads, but I will work with whatever I have and the mechanics to try to solve the game. The flips we have had so far haven't helped, since Chennisden and Volpe14 were among my few townreads this game.

Vote Steal - Vig
: Ankamius - Almost50 -
chennisden

Doctor - One-Shot Lightning Rod
: Flavor Leaf - EspressoPatronum -
Elements

Commuter - Vengeful
: nomnomnom - Firebringer -
Volpe14

Roleblocker - Doublevoter
: Panthaleon - MariaR - Kuribo
Cool Stuff - ???
: Dr Easy Bake - Gammagooey -
Volxen

Inventor - ???
: davesaz -
DeasVail
-
Farkran
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5118 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by Ankamius »

(still EC)

I am townreading Panthaleon based on play. Specifically, this post spews an otherwise null slot into town, I believe. Korina is not a strong player, and a townread feels good since I don't think he would be able to fake this quality of notes as scum. He has faked notes before, but the duck has said that the quality of them were significantly worse in the past. His reads and trajectories made sense at the time they were made as well, and Panthaleon himself projected town in his interactions with DeasVail in LyLo, plus nothing he's done has pinged me scum.

My other top town reads were... chennisden and Volpe14, so that's really it for those. Instead of giving the rest of my reads in whatever order, I will just discuss the slots instead. Town will probably come before scum in general, but it doesn't help that I don't have much experience with most players here.

DEB: If you assume I'm town, do you believe that DEB's posts are scum pocketing me? Maybe I'm silly but it's enough for me to have him as a town lean. I wish he'd do more and this isn't to give him a pass forever, but I wouldn't approve his slot as a vig target. He's townsiding if he's scum, and that's good enough for me. I don't think his content so far is AI from what I've seen of him so far.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5119 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Panth has faked notes before?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5120 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by Ankamius »

(still EC)

Preflip associatives are bad in general, but I will say this since nom is always getting flipped today. If nom3 is mafia, Fire is almost always town. There are some other slots that become more town or less town off nom's flip based on reads, but it was already not very likely (NOT impossible, to be clear) Fire was with nom3 via being in a hood, especially the very important commuter hood. Getting removed as a neighbor with nom3 is pretty wild if the remove mechanic is exactly as it appears (just removing a player from a neighborhood). His hard defense of nom3 in earlier days raised my eyebrows, but I think Nom3 pushing back is enough to counteract that. Outside of those, my Fire thoughts are simple enough. (1) - I wish he would go into his team's thoughts more, probably just RC's honestly. (2) - He doesn't like scum if I remember right, so I don't think his team would have picked him for a GuyInFreezer replacement, but I'm not entirely sure this even matters. (3) - His content than a bit better than his content as scum!Firebringer the last couple times I saw it. GuyInFreezer was also a bit more town than most slots.

No point in wasting time talking about Nom3 when she always dies today.

I'm thinking about the differences between Flavor Leaf and MariaR, so here's the thing: Flavor Leaf is a scum lean. I don't like how he's been acting around me and my slot, but with that said, I don't have that great of a read on him. I thought he was scum uneasily in the last TM, but that was a gamestate that was much more conducive to a sorting the thread direction and such things. I would feel better about the scumread on him if I was townreading MariaR, but I'm really not, and I don't think his pushes on her are a bus so there's a higher than zero chance that he's just town and right. It's not a difference check based on the 1v1, but you have to consider that gamestate-wise, neither are townreads in a game with four out of ten players being scum, and scum have to be
somewhere
in here. I wish he would get Something_Smart and Jingle to participate more in the game, especially Something_Smart since our game is over and the pace of this one isn't that fast.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5121 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Ankamius »

(still EC)

EspressoPatonum, scummy posting! He feels like a tryhard scum to me, but I don't really want to go into detail on that. I think there's most likely one scum within Flavor Leaf and EspressoPatronum, but it's less likely than not 2, and I don't know who is pocketing who in that neighborhood. If MariaR is mafia, I'm not that interested in killing Flavor Leaf, so I'll consider from there whether EP is just scum from that or if the neighborhood is just TvT. It seems more likely to me that Flavor Leaf is doing the pocketing based on his posting, but in the end, who knows. I don't have much of a read here, since I'm not sure how much of the scumread is playstyle.

MariaR is slightly town by gut, and that's really it. If it flips scum, I'm willing to deal with the fallout of looking like her partner. However, I'm more likely to want to kill Boonskiies before her right now. If MariaR is town, then I expect unwnd to have an interest in playing this game, since he was scum in our game. Dunnstral and Shadoweh contributing would be nice as well.

Gammagooey is a good player who sounds like town, but he's also within his scumrange currently and if he
is
scum, then scum probably just runs away with the game since the gamestate is so garbage that they won't be catchable. Likely town.
@Gamma
: please ask Kittymo and Hitogoroshi to help out with this game.

Davesaz - No read on him.

Kuribo and Almost50 are the last two, and both are pretty similar. I towncased both of them at points in our team PT, and I eventually lost the townreads on both of them.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5122 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Ankamius »

(still EC)

I don't believe I've ever played with kuribo. I didn't realize Ank was getting rid of his vote, but I found it funny when I found out it had happened. He had townie stuff, specifically the way he pushed Volxen felt like real conviction, and he said it before knowing it wouldn't flip town. If he's scum, that's pretty big brain, but I just don't know. This is kind of shitty to say since we haven't ever played before this game, but I arbitrarily expect better from him. I'd also really like Pine to show up since I can probably figure out his alignment (ANK NOTE: I figured out he was town VERY fast in that game, so that might help me read this slot as well) and he can
probably
figure out mine as well, but even if this doesn't happen I want you to at least work with me. I don't think nom should shoot him today so this is an issue for later on in the game.

Almost50! When Ank initially posted her solve, I didn't really agree with the scumread on Almost50, but you fit in the world so whatever. I actually towncased you multiple times throughout the game. I didn't think you were in your scumrange, that your response about your team's reads within the hood was petty good (another one please!), and it was quick enough that it didn't feel forged at all. But dude, you've been an asshole to Ank and now I'm getting paranoid that this is just an angle you're building of an insane irrational town. Chennisden posted in the neighborhood that FL was always the kill today, and Chenn thought you were scummy as well, so I find that somewhat scummy as well. I don't know, I don't get why there isn't recent Amrun content, we had a good mindmeld going in our game and I expect that would be doable again in this game.

As you can tell, I don't have much in strong reads. But, with nom3's flip, another flip, and the nightkill, I think I can start building some team reads with associatives. If nom3 flips red, then I expect Panthaleon to be shot since Ank can be sold as a bus vote more easily, but if we end up dying, then good fucking riddance to this game. If nom3 flips green instead, we have a lot to look through as well. And worst case, nom3 is town, she flips town, and the nightkill puts us down to 5v4 LyLo.

AMA, I'm actively following this game now.

(EC posting end)
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5123 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I feel like I’m being setup to go down.

I think EP and I both die in the next couple phases, and scum end games.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5124 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@EC - like, I get it. I’m a scum read, but who would my partners be? EP is like my only assistance this game, and you know from experience that I need the support system or I go down. You and I during our scum team games, we were extremely paired up.

If your slot is town, I could see a Maria, Dave, A50, and one of the commuters team. Does that look completely out of the realm of possibility?

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”