SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:06 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Thank you Sweatpants. I'll post more tomorrow, but thats what I wanted to hear.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Luigi Gangsta
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:13 am

Post by Luigi Gangsta »

imaginality wrote:As for Bruce, after reading his latest posts, I'm now inclined to believe that he wasn't faking a post restriction. His backwards post did come around the same time that a couple of others were joining in with me in calling people Bruce, so there's some reason to believe his claim that he was just experimenting/being silly with that post. On the other hand, I continue to find him suspect for the other reasons I mentioned earlier, particularly his comment that his "character seems a cool guy but I don't know if he has any special abilities/restrictions". Bruce, could you comment on why you said that - surely your role PM would tell you whether or not you have special abilities or restrictions? (I'm not fishing to know
what
they are or aren't, I don't want you to roleclaim, I'm just curious why you made it sound like you're not sure what your character does.)
I think someone else has also asked this question, the reason i said i don't know if my guy has an ability or not is because he seems like the kind of character that would have an ability and i am not sure how stuff works in theme games i.e i think that maybe i will be told more about my character at the end of day 1 because the role PM i got didn't really explain much.

But at the moment i can say no, i do not currently have an ability or post restriction of any sort which i guess makes me the equivalent of a townsperson.

Wow that is a cool line, i can't seem to make it 100% width though, so i had to use 99%.

Anyway, as for this French Taunter situation (which i think is one of the coolest situations i have seen so far in my limited experience of Mafiascum):
  • I think that the request that DBE needs to break her PR to prove to us she is a French taunter is rediculous. The only proof we can get that she is legit, is if she is modkilled for breaking her PR which we don't want to happen. If she has another type of punishment or is given a warning, nothing would be proven because she couldn't prove it and she could easily make it up. In other words, getting DBE to break her PR can't accomplish anything.
    • 'We will through you off this cliff, if you are a witch you will fly back up to the top and let us arrest you, if you are not a witch, you will die an honorable christian death.'
      (the simpsons - not word for word, was on one of those halloween episodes, couldn't find a good YouTube link)
    As we learn from the simpsons, neither option benefits us, DBE will either die town from a modkill or survive as mafia, pretending to have gotten some form of warning.

These are the 4 possibilities.
1. Spyrex is faking. (I don't see why he would)
2. Darla is faking. (More likely than Spyrex but, why would she fake claim right from the start of the game without needing to?)
3. Neither are faking. (Mod having a laugh by making 2 taunters to confuse us, this is a Monty Python game)
4. Both are faking. (Pro hax scum strat, but maybe i have overestimated them)

This is the order in likelyhood imo:
1. Neither are faking
2. Both are faking
3. Darla is faking
4. Spyrex is faking

I think that Darla and Spyrex are either both scum or both taunter. So i think we will learn a lot from the Darla lynch, or a Spyrex lynch for that matter, but I am not going to take part in it because i don't think it is right to lynch someone unless you are scum or believe they are scum. If you do believe Darla is scum, then vote for her, if you just want to resolve this French Taunter confusion, then wait a while and maybe follow some other leads. I don't believe we have enough steam to power a no lynch bandwagon, but please don't make an ill-informed lynch just to clear up this French Taunter mess.

If you are going to lynch Darla, discuss it first and make yourself clear. If you lynch Darla without proper explanation, you are a risk to the town and possibly scum.

In the event of Darla's lynching:
If she is scum, i will vote Spyrex, sorry Spyrex, but i think it is more likely you 2 are in this together than Darla for some reason fake claiming from day one without reason. If they are in this together, they would probably expect this massive play to clear the one of them that survives at the cost of the life of the other but i won't buy it.

If she is town, that will clear Spyrex for me.

BTW- someone said LG a few times, please don't it hurts my feelings.
GAMBLING!!! current money 10$ bet 2$ on number 4
Luigi Gangsta
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:14 am

Post by Luigi Gangsta »

AND THE NUMBER IS....
Original Roll String: 1d6
1 6-Sided Dice: (2) = 2
Luigi Gangsta
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:14 am

Post by Luigi Gangsta »

!!!!!!!!!
current money 8$
!!!!!!!!!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:45 am

Post by SpyreX »

If she is scum, i will vote Spyrex, sorry Spyrex, but i think it is more likely you 2 are in this together than Darla for some reason fake claiming from day one without reason. If they are in this together, they would probably expect this massive play to clear the one of them that survives at the cost of the life of the other but i won't buy it.

This, honestly, baffles me. So, if I'm right about DBE, you want to hang me, but if I'm wrong its OK?
Show

Proud member of BaM
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:45 am

Post by The Internet »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:I am willing to risk a modkill but while i have votes on me, my PR is nulled.

I
am
a french tauner (this may sound super wifom-y but its the truth)

Why would i fake claim on day one with 2 votes on me? Why would I keep a consistent flavor in my posts, (thats a lot to keep up with in a large game especially once you start getting past day 1. )

The fact that no one seems able to consider that there could be TWO french taunters is really strange, I'm starting to think shaft wanted to have a bit of fun, and create a bit of mischief.

Its not like i randomly pulled something out of a hat at L-1, I claimed what I was, and tried to get out what I was in my post sans the restriction, on the chance anyone un-voted and i had my PR re-instated.

Also its been asked by others but seems to be avoided by spyrex:

Why did you not say something before hand when you saw a consistent French Taunter flavor in my posts? Did you not get suspicious?
You would claim early and fake post restriction so that you would have evidence to support against further accusations, making you lose suspicion and protection against further accusation, and possibly even gain doc protection. We have considered the possiblity of two french taunters, but found it to be far too silly.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ok, my case on DBE:

1.) You didn't ever address my question about providing content.
2.) You claimed the exact same role as me, but with a different function.
3.) You somehow have a PR when I do not.
4.) You make suggestions that there are two of the exact same role, yet you ask me questions implying that there isn't (why didn't I say something sooner)
5.) Your flavor regarding breaking your PR is not the same as everyone else.

Why these bother me:
1.) A PR is no excuse to not provide content.
2.) I'm still new, but the only time I've seen the same role is when it is the EXACT same (I've read a lot of games not on here too).
3.) Why would you have a PR and I not if we are the same role?
4.) You play both sides of the fence on this issue: I do not think there are two French Taunters, period.
5.) Why is this different from the other townsfolk that have PR's? In fact, why is most things about your claim different from the other people? I don't think the mod would actively be screwing with us, so.

Now: Luigi Gangster - When DBE does flip scum, you're next.
1.) You setup a case where if I am right, you want me hung.
2.) Your other alternative is easy enough to say - if I'm wrong, the town WILL and SHOULD probably hang me because, yes, the chances of two of the same role are low and you could distance yourself from it.
3.) You, too, haven't provided much content (and most of your content has revolved around faking a PR).
4.) The majority of your other posts are noise with no signal.

Dear town,

I've got a question for you. I HAVE to use my night action to taunt. I've got a couple people I'm thinking of.

1.) Would you like me to say who and why.
2.) Would you like me to just say who I am going to taunt, without reason.
3.) Would you like me to just do it, and not say a word?

If there is other options, sure, let me know.

It's pretty obvious why I wouldn't out myself before she claimed my exact role. I AM a power role with the potential of being very useful. I was not about to let a claim like that go however.

If DBE is scum, I'd request a doc tonight. ;)
Show

Proud member of BaM
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Not good for the town to steer night actions IMO.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Albatross!

Not good for the town to steer night actions IMO.

Albatross!
Very true. Despite all that Spryx makes are really good point. I want to hear from Iron Man right now before I vote just because Mirth is right his vote for Darla without reading anything and hasn't come back to explain himself is a real mystery right now.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I agree,

@Prod Iron Man

Give some explanations to the questions people have.

Assuming no more town pipes up, I'm going to keep my night action choice quiet.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Shrug I got prodded. Thought I made my opinion clear enough. Anything changed?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Mirth »

Spyrex, I ask that you keep quiet about your night action, at least for tonight.

Still waiting for Iron Man to get his behind in here and finish his claim. (Also, I have noticed he's posting in other places. So he better get his behind in here. And soon.)
Luigi Gangsta
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by Luigi Gangsta »

SpyreX wrote:

This, honestly, baffles me. So, if I'm right about DBE, you want to hang me, but if I'm wrong its OK?
I have said clearly that i don't believe it would make any sense for Darla to fake a PR right from her first post if she was scum by herself, it could possibly help her lynch the true french taunter but more than likely get her lynched so she would have no reason to do it. And how would she even think that up from the start of the game along with the PR?.

It would however make sense if she had a scum buddy who was also pretending to be a French Taunter, they could both accuse each other, one of them would enevitably be lynched at the end of day 1, and the other would go the rest of the game without suspicion, i.e one sacrifices themself to save the other suspicion for the rest of the game.

Another interesting point, what are the chances that of all the Monty Python characters, she fakes your one, and upon seeing the character in the Holy Grail sketch give it the same name the mod gave it? The chances are that if she was on her own and faking a Monty Python character that from all the characters in all the Monty Python movies and TV shows, she would pick one that was not given to one of us.

I believe that if she is faking the French Taunter, you guys would be in it together, a clever strat that would require planning from before the game started. This would benefit the scum of this game because you would be cleared of suspicion for the rest of the game, if Darla was scum by herself she would have nothing to gain from faking French Taunter, the risks would outweigh the benefits.

SpyreX wrote:Now: Luigi Gangster - When DBE does flip scum, you're next.
1.) You setup a case where if I am right, you want me hung.
2.) Your other alternative is easy enough to say - if I'm wrong, the town WILL and SHOULD probably hang me because, yes, the chances of two of the same role are low and you could distance yourself from it.
3.) You, too, haven't provided much content (and most of your content has revolved around faking a PR).
4.) The majority of your other posts are noise with no signal.
How am I next if Darla is found to be scum? It would make far more sense that you are in it with Darla than me. For arguments sake,

If i was scum with Darla:
Why would she go into all the effort to fake French Taunter with little to gain and so much to lose? Why would I still tell everyone that she is innocent when she is about to die and be found guilty? Wouldn't I distance myself from her to clear me of suspicion and vote for her myself?

If you were scum with Darla:
That would explain her irrational decision to fake the French Taunter, a strat planned by the both of you which makes a whole lot more sense than her faking it on her own. You are voting for her and have distanced yourself from her as much as possible to make the strat work most effectively. It also explains why the two roles would have different abilities, you are both faking and decided to make them different with the same name, so we would figure that both of them couldn't be legitimate so we would lynch one of you on like you planned.

If neither of you are scum, which i believe is the most likely option:
These previous arguments are irrelevant, Darla will be proved innocent.
The mod will be having a laugh, he will have made both the French Taunters have different abilities to create suspicion and get them both lynched. This would have been easy for the mod to do, would require far less planning than you two faking it together and make far more sense than Darla faking it herself.

SpyreX wrote:2.) Your other alternative is easy enough to say - if I'm wrong, the town WILL and SHOULD probably hang me because, yes, the chances of two of the same role are low and you could distance yourself from it.
I never said that, and never will. That would be an easy case to make considering how quickly everyone hopped on the Darla wagon, and how everyone believes that one of you is scum, so that if she is innocent they will immediately suspect you. However, if Darla is proven innocent, I will defend you and follow other leads, and if i don't you can make a case against me for lying. If Darla is innocent, which i believe will happen, us 2 will stop accusing each other and both have to fend off the massive band wagon that will probably start against you.
But let's save most of the 'if Darla is scum then you are in it with her' arguments for when Darla gets lynched, because if she gets proven innocent all those arguments will be irrelevant and we will have wasted a whole lot of time arguing a moot point.

Another thing about this post, you seem overly confident that she will be proven guilty, i.e you are telling us to kill you if she doesn't. This futhers my belief that you are both in the same boat, i.e you are either both scum so you know she will be found guilty and can safely make point number 2 without being lynched the next day. Or you are both innocent and neither of you can believe that the mod would have given you the same role with a different ability so you both genuinely believe that the other is scum so you are throwing it all on the line to get her lynched.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:24 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I can't believe I'm still alive. I had kinda given up on this one, on any chance of anyone believing me at least.

I will read over the last page or so and post anything I feel I need to, although at this point it doesn't seem anyone is going to be changing their minds.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:24 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Woo, something to post to (my games are dead right now)
I have said clearly that i don't believe it would make any sense for Darla to fake a PR right from her first post if she was scum by herself, it could possibly help her lynch the true french taunter but more than likely get her lynched so she would have no reason to do it. And how would she even think that up from the start of the game along with the PR?.
I've got the main assumption for my arguments: The scum were not given claims.

So, with that in mind, lets look at the game. Before DBE posts AT ALL Albatross and Bruce come into it with their post restrictions. Hell, at that point even I could be said to have a PR (I was joking with the something completely different).
Lets look at her first two posts, as well:
ahh, we have begun!!!
Voteth:Iron Man
what be this man made of Iron? Surely it is the work of evil.
How darest thou correct a lady!!
vote: mirth for disrespect!
SHAME!!
Neither of those really show the PR. Hell, her 2 and 3 posts ALSO dont. So, lets not say from post 1.

Now, as scum, why fake a PR?
Its a shield. Especially one like the one she's claiming (a method to avoid delivering content).

Also, with multiple PR's it would make sense to do one. And... follow me here... think about Monty Python. Think about what had been said up to that point. What would be a pretty damn obvious PR? You got it. The taunter.
It would however make sense if she had a scum buddy who was also pretending to be a French Taunter, they could both accuse each other, one of them would enevitably be lynched at the end of day 1, and the other would go the rest of the game without suspicion, i.e one sacrifices themself to save the other suspicion for the rest of the game.
You really think I'm expecting to get off scott free because of this? I hope not. That'd be bad play from the town. I'll be watched based on my actions - and yes, before lylo I guarantee a good town will use at least one investigative role on me. Hell, in this case, why would I claim a provable power role?
Another interesting point, what are the chances that of all the Monty Python characters, she fakes your one, and upon seeing the character in the Holy Grail sketch give it the same name the mod gave it? The chances are that if she was on her own and faking a Monty Python character that from all the characters in all the Monty Python movies and TV shows, she would pick one that was not given to one of us.
Assuming a passing knowledge of Monty Python, pretty high, actually. The taunter is one of the most remembered roles of Holy Grail which is, of course, the most well known Python movie.
The flipside to this, and what I've been saying: Given all the characters and roles and everything else, why would we have TWO french taunters? Why?
I believe that if she is faking the French Taunter, you guys would be in it together, a clever strat that would require planning from before the game started. This would benefit the scum of this game because you would be cleared of suspicion for the rest of the game, if Darla was scum by herself she would have nothing to gain from faking French Taunter, the risks would outweigh the benefits.
I believe she's a roleblocker faking the taunter because she had no real role to give in a flavorful situation. Again, I should not and will not be freed of suspicion by a good town by this.
How am I next if Darla is found to be scum? It would make far more sense that you are in it with Darla than me.
The fact you've been scummy this game independently of this issue and the fact you said to hang me if I'm scum? Yea, thats pretty good day 1 if I'd say so myself.
If i was scum with Darla:
Why would she go into all the effort to fake French Taunter with little to gain and so much to lose? Why would I still tell everyone that she is innocent when she is about to die and be found guilty? Wouldn't I distance myself from her to clear me of suspicion and vote for her myself?
She was garnering suspicion. You ARE garnering suspicion. Every day you two manage to not get lynched is a day that helps the scum overall. It's the flipside of the bussing argument.
If you were scum with Darla:
That would explain her irrational decision to fake the French Taunter, a strat planned by the both of you which makes a whole lot more sense than her faking it on her own. You are voting for her and have distanced yourself from her as much as possible to make the strat work most effectively. It also explains why the two roles would have different abilities, you are both faking and decided to make them different with the same name, so we would figure that both of them couldn't be legitimate so we would lynch one of you on like you planned.
So, BOTH of us faking a role that is likely to be in the game makes more sense than her getting caught on a bad claim? Or are you saying the taunter is a scum role and I told my POWER ROLE SCUM PARTNER to claim the same role to free me? (P.S. If I was scum I sure wouldn't sacrifice my ROLEBLOCKER day 1).
If neither of you are scum, which i believe is the most likely option:
These previous arguments are irrelevant, Darla will be proved innocent.
The mod will be having a laugh, he will have made both the French Taunters have different abilities to create suspicion and get them both lynched. This would have been easy for the mod to do, would require far less planning than you two faking it together and make far more sense than Darla faking it herself.
Why would the mod give two power roles that are, of course, going to get each other hung if the alignment is the same? I haven't played in games with shaft.ed but that seems like a very bizarre play to me. I dont know why "the mod fucking with us" is your most likely case.
I never said that, and never will. That would be an easy case to make considering how quickly everyone hopped on the Darla wagon, and how everyone believes that one of you is scum, so that if she is innocent they will immediately suspect you. However, if Darla is proven innocent, I will defend you and follow other leads, and if i don't you can make a case against me for lying. If Darla is innocent, which i believe will happen, us 2 will stop accusing each other and both have to fend off the massive band wagon that will probably start against you.
But let's save most of the 'if Darla is scum then you are in it with her' arguments for when Darla gets lynched, because if she gets proven innocent all those arguments will be irrelevant and we will have wasted a whole lot of time arguing a moot point.
I'm not saving it. I'm making it clear right now based on your play. Yes, it is going to be an easy push to get me lynched if Darla is innocent AND yes, I expect it to happen if she is. However, the way it goes will give some definite benefit to the town AND, of course, I'm not going to buddy up to you because you're defending me. You've been behaving scummy and this doesn't change that to me.
Another thing about this post, you seem overly confident that she will be proven guilty, i.e you are telling us to kill you if she doesn't. This futhers my belief that you are both in the same boat, i.e you are either both scum so you know she will be found guilty and can safely make point number 2 without being lynched the next day. Or you are both innocent and neither of you can believe that the mod would have given you the same role with a different ability so you both genuinely believe that the other is scum so you are throwing it all on the line to get her lynched.
I'm not telling the town to kill me - it is a logical conclusion. In a game with this many roles assuming two power roles with the same name exist and are the same alignment (P.S. this is what you've said) is nowhere near Occam's Razor. I dont think the mod is screwing with us, I think we've hit a definite lynch-worthy issue day 1 and if I am wrong (the mod is screwing with us) I honestly dont expect the town to believe me - part of why I'm being this direct now is because on that offchance I am wrong I want the town to read this after I am lynched; namely, hanging you.

Why you said what you said isn't the crux. It's the end results of it.
If I am right, I'm killing a scum and your response is to kill a claimed power role.
If I am wrong, I've killed a power role and your response is to let me (who would be very suspicious at that point) live.

That plan makes a lot of sense as scum. Not so much as town.

(Yes I am irritated because I was floored by your statements - if, between the two of you, there isn't scum I am going to get a shafted voodoo doll AND cry myself to sleep)
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:39 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I did think of another scenario where the events of today make sense although, in general, I hate bringing it up because it tends to cripple discussion:

DBE COULD be a jester.

Now, this DOES make everything today make sense, but I personally dont want to believe it. Jester is one of those roles that makes a town disintegrate... but it does make it all make sense.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by Mirth »

I doubt she's a Jester. She wouldnt have known there would be a French Taunter in the game to counterclaim her. You could, however, be one of those targetting roles that are generally townie but need to get one specific person killed.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:36 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Yeah. . . he could also be a cult recruiter. Or any other improbable role that leads to town paranoia.
Azimuth
Azimuth
Goon
Azimuth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:25 am

Post by Azimuth »

Checking in quickly (on a break):

I am not in favor of forcing a modkill or anything along that line.

I am not interested in telling SpyreX how to do a night action or learning more about it at this time.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Why would i fake claim on day one with 2 votes on me?
Why claim at all, fake or otherwise? Your argument seems to be that it doesn't make sense if you are mafia, but it doesn't make sense if you are town either. You don't seem to be addressing questions posed to you and have taken a defeatist attitude; if you actually are town then you are doing us a disservice.

I may not like some of Iron Man and Luigi's actions and (chenhsi and killa seven's lack thereof), but it is getting difficult to keep my vote off DBE, whether IM ever shows up to explain himself or not.

Back to work; will continue reading and may post again if needed, but not much.
It's been a busy year, but I want to be back someday.
Oh, and...WAR KITTENS??
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:27 am

Post by SpyreX »

I doubt she's a Jester. She wouldnt have known there would be a French Taunter in the game to counterclaim her. You could, however, be one of those targetting roles that are generally townie but need to get one specific person killed
This is why I don't normally bring things like that up. :P

Yes, I could be a Lyncher or something along those lines.

The reason why it came up is that the French Taunter is fairly iconic and would, in high probability, be in this game. It'd be a pretty decent shot for a Jester to claim early to force out a counterclaim.

It made sense to me, so I brought it up.

Notice I haven't moved my vote. ;)
Show

Proud member of BaM
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:01 am

Post by Mirth »

But there are roles much more iconic than the French Taunter. Like the Dead Parrot guy. Or the Knights Who Say Ni. Why not go for one of those since they're much better known.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:12 am

Post by SpyreX »

That I couldn't tell yea - I'm not sure the thought process that lead to this.

I'm just saying the Taunter is iconic enough that there's a high probability it'd be in the game. :)

Of course, this is all conjecture at this point.
Show

Proud member of BaM
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

Jester speculation, cult speculation, lyncher speculation = bad. No need to distract or speculate until there is definite reason for their existance and I have seen no definite reason for it yet. And by definite reason I mean a recruit is dead. Lycher's and Jester's are rarely in large games anyway and since them winning never auto ends the game, I don't care if they win because town can still win later on.

Also I agree with practically everything SpyreX said in posts 506 and 514 and I like what Azimuth said about her defeatism. She needs to respond to why she has not given recent content. Also I humbly enforce this policy with respect to any other players with PRs:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:The forcing-a-modkill gambit, regardless of its effectiveness, makes me feel dirty. I don't feel like forcing potential modkills ought to be an ethical game mechanic.

I'm down for lynching DBE, but I (morally) oppose the modkill plan.
As far as directing your night action SpyreX, I say we should not. You should make that decision yourself on who to target and you can tell us about it tomorrow should it be of help to us finding scum. Broadcasting it in thread now before you use it, will just allow scum to prepare for it later.

About recent discussion on theory of what claims would likly exist in this game. Before this claim war began and ninja stepped forward, I didn't think any movie character would be in this game. So I can feasibly see scum trying to get away with an early claim of a movie character and one that is not as iconic as the "Knights who say ni". I don't think we should speculate on matters of what may and may not be in the setup any further, since role speculation gives scum ideas that we should keep shut.

I
am
a french tauner (this may sound super wifom-y but its the truth)

Why would i fake claim on day one with 2 votes on me? Why would I keep a consistent flavor in my posts, (thats a lot to keep up with in a large game especially once you start getting past day 1. )

The fact that no one seems able to consider that there could be TWO french taunters is really strange, I'm starting to think shaft wanted to have a bit of fun, and create a bit of mischief.

Its not like i randomly pulled something out of a hat at L-1, I claimed what I was, and tried to get out what I was in my post sans the restriction, on the chance anyone un-voted and i had my PR re-instated.

Also its been asked by others but seems to be avoided by spyrex:

Why did you not say something before hand when you saw a consistent French Taunter flavor in my posts? Did you not get suspicious?
You would claim early and fake post restriction so that you would have evidence to support against further accusations, making you lose suspicion and protection against further accusation, and possibly even gain doc protection.
We have considered the possiblity of two french taunters,
but found it to be far too silly.
Yes some people have discussed that possibility, and you must now be just agreeing with it since you weren't very prolific during that part of the discussion since you were V/la. Unless you take part during the discussion, don't try to later say "we" like that since it sounds like you are trying to take credit for it.

Jordan recently said part of what I had a problem with pretaining to strapado.
JordanA24 wrote:
strappado wrote:I still say we get rid of Imaginality to eliminate the Bruce confusion.
Having a PR is not scummy, therefore it's a terrible reason to lynch someone.
FOS: strappado

LATER AMENDMENT TO THIS POINT: Why target only Imaginality for your vote when others (eg. Lord Gurgi) also have PR's, especially since LG's PR is, if anything, more annoying and makes him less useful as Imaginality.

strappado wrote:Sure, I'd much rather vote someone because they said something like, "Oh, my role? I'm mafi--oops oops, I mean...errrrm...I'm a notorious silly walker, yes yes, nothing to see here, move along" ...but unfortunately nothing like that has happened so I'm going with the possible least helpful member of the cast, until something better comes along.
Just because nothing obviously scummy has happened yet doesn't mean that nothing scummy has happened at all, it is always better to vote for someone because they're scummy than for any other reason...
Though Jordan's early random posts suggested going after the silly
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 03#1137503
I can see some level of confusion over lynching silly vs lynching scum considering the opening flavor so perhaps I'll allow some of that to slide for both Jordan and Strappado. Strappado's exchange with mirth had decent reasoning so I don't believe it was OMGUS despite it being retailitory. But I wonder if Strappado still finds mirth scummy. The caution mirth has exhibited as of late vs her early vote hoping is a rather odd, but since the hoping occured during random vote time I don't see it as much to suspect, and I also don't think caution is much of a scumtell. Does Strappado disagree with me?

Something else that makes me feel odd about Strappado is how she "practicly" defended luigi for doing something rather silly which would be in contrast of Strappado's early "lynch the silly" charge.
strappado wrote:EBWOP: I'm not trying to defend Luigi, I just think that his backwards post wasn't all that scummy. I think chensi's (feigned) confusion and refusal to vote, even randomly, is more scummy.
Note I'm not trying to argue semantics (I said "practically), so don't take offense to that, but is there a reason you don't want to come off like you are defending him? Unless strapado has truly/sincerely changed game plans from "lynch the silly" to "lynch the scummy", she was being rather hypocritical for playing favorites towards Luigi.

Something else that bothers me is how she was on darla and then she was off. She was the first one to suggest the possibility of 2 players being the taunter:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 55#1150455
Either she brought up the idea so her scum buddy could use it, or DBE has simply snatched up the idea as a last resort defence. Regardless her going on and off seem a little suspect to me.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 80#1150480
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 03#1150503
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 14#1150514
I am seeing a possible DBE, Luigi, Strappado and probably some others scum group.

@Strappado,
do you still find Mirth scummy? If so why? If we were to lynch someone other than DBE today, who would you like to lynch? Do you find said target silly? What is your current view of Darla?

@Darla,

How many warnings have you recieved so far?
Also please do tell me if you have gotten anything besides warnings as of late?
I'm at work and unable to find exact post on this part. I want only Darla to answer both of these for me.

Lastly, On flavor alone I am fairly certain the person I am searching for, who has some cigarettes and matches, is either Town or they don't exist, meaning I got nerfed. I suppose it is also possible they want to keep silent for other reasons. (10% chance they are scum, 55% chance I got nerfed they don't exist, 35% chance they are town and not said anything yet). I am willing to respect their hiding I guess, so unless someone wants to claim to be the one I am looking for, I'm just going to have to assume they want to stay silent, since I am rather stuborn at giving up entirely. See you guys later I'm getting hungry.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:45 am

Post by Mirth »

Pokerface, what do you think of Iron Man?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:50 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I've noticed some posting and received some inquiries about Iron Man's activity. He was prod'ed last night and picked up said prod. He has over 48 hours to post before replacement.

That is all.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”