EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5175 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 5150, Gammagooey wrote:what's odd about it and why is it more likely to come from scum than town in your opinion?
I see a few walls I'd like to read more closely and posts I'd like to respond to, but I likely won't have time until Thursday. Sorry, all.

@ me if you have anything short you'd like to ask me.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5176 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by EspressoPatronum »

Hmm, I didn't mean to quote Gamma's post there.
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5177 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by panthaleon »

In post 5173, Gammagooey wrote:But really does NOBODY else look at nom suddenly becoming vengeful because of a scum action and think 'Oh, that's pretty clearly b/c nom is scum and they want to give her a vengeful on the way out'
Hey tell me more about this statement
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5178 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 5174, Gammagooey wrote:And for kuribo and Firebringer and everyone else hanging around in the background with a metaphorical dick in your hand

Maybe you forgot or didn't notice but I ALSO townread nomnom for how she played in the beginning of the game

But after going back she had said herself that those types of arguments aren't alignment indicative of her, and she has been dodging putting any effort into actually scumhunting for literal days now and again it's really hard to see how you all are staring past it when it seems very likely to me that her lack of effort has stopped being an issue for scum and started to be part of the intended result given that she now has literally been handed a vengekill by scum when a missed shot by nom doesn't even prevent them from having to lynch an additional town player.

Spoiler: NOM NAI POSTS
In post 1705, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1697, Volpe14 wrote:If you're scum I'm really gonna call you disgusting to be fair nomnom

I know you think I'm disgusting as either alignment right now but being called disgusting by me is some kind of historic event because I rarely have a problem with people

if you're town this is just like...ok to be fair, it could be worse.
I've done this before as scum I won't lie but as I said the last time that happened, the frustration happens as both alignments. I just hate stupidity like this.
In post 1708, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1707, chennisden wrote:
In post 1702, Volpe14 wrote:
In post 1695, chennisden wrote:Yeah we get it, you're town, now can you play the game[/size]
I get letting her pass up but this isn't some kind of lock town tell or anything so back off on that

up to vote elems now?

I was thinking elems is a best lynch anyway
I really don't care at this point, sorting nom will be a task I'll put off for later in this game. Unfortunately I think this is really town indicative.

I'm not going to lock town this, it's just I really don't want to consider nom doing this as scum right now.
Unfortunately?

Also I've done this as scum too. NAI.

I appreciate the work you've done here regarding nom

Lemme think about it
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5179 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 5177, panthaleon wrote:
In post 5173, Gammagooey wrote:But really does NOBODY else look at nom suddenly becoming vengeful because of a scum action and think 'Oh, that's pretty clearly b/c nom is scum and they want to give her a vengeful on the way out'
Hey tell me more about this statement

He's saying that nom got the venge kill because of FB being removed from the group. Meaning it's possible that scum figured nom is going up today, having dodged the noose already a few times, and that it was best to make sure they get something out of it first, ie, shooting town.

That's something I hadn't considered as a possibility, but it makes some sense
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5180 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m gonna do some VCA now that we’ve gone a little deeper into this game. Idk when, sometime this week.
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5181 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by panthaleon »

I would like Gamma to tell me more about that pls
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5182 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I think there's a nonzero chance FB was removed to keep him open as a future mislynch target.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5183 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Why would FB a mislynch target? I don’t expect most scum to use it on themselves, tbh, so i think it just leans towards FB town.

It gave WIFOM to the Nomnom slot as well.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5184 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:39 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Thank you for saying what I just said, FL.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5185 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:41 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

You said nonzero chance, implying that there’s a chance he was removed to keep him open as a mislynch target.

I said the exact OPPOSITE of what you said
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5186 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

You were implying scum removed him so he’d still be a mislynch target, and I think it does the opposite. He isn’t a mislynch target anymore because I don’t know how he is expected to get mislynched without pulling a tinfoil scum removed their own teammate, but that doesn’t make sense if Nomnom is town because they’d put stock into them not getting shot, which is a wildcard.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5187 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:03 pm

Post by Ankamius »

That's now

That's not in the future
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5188 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I guess. I die before he ever does, though.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5189 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:57 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

EP and I have limited time alive before we’re both flipped due to doctor-Lightning Rod.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5190 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:01 pm

Post by Ankamius »

It's quite fascinating that the kill was chennisden, then.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5191 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:05 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 5190, Ankamius wrote:It's quite fascinating that the kill was chennisden, then.
Why? Commuter power was still out there.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5192 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

If you’re implying we should have died last night, that’s never the case. Now is the time we start going down.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5193 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:14 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

EP/Myself don’t live that much longer, and it’s pretty clear gamestate that we’re being setup to be taken out within the next few phases, and the fact you’re acting like that isn’t clear is incredibly sketchy.

We’re confirmable, and we take care of ourselves, but I expect EP to go down soon, which forces me to die in the night phase due to lightning rod, which no longer stops a kill because of Fire being removed from his hood.

Essentially, that created a situation where the EP/FL hood gets demolished in 1 go, and there’s nothing to stop that from happening.

@Dave, don’t waste any of your abilities on a night where only one of our hood is living, unless you have a Watcher, i forget what you have. Track, commute, and another is what I remember.

if EP or myself die in the night, it’s also highly likely the other goes the next day phase.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5194 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:20 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Then suddenly it makes sense to get the most value out of what we can get now, while we still have the most ability to make use of your neighborhood's time left?

Why are you not for a nom lynch again?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5195 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:23 pm

Post by Ankamius »

If anything, a nom lynch is more attractive if you think that she's town.

It forces us from evens to odds while also giving us a lynch anyways.
A scum nom lynch still puts us to odds, but also doesn't put us into LyLo despite giving two kills to the scumteam.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5196 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 5164, Almost50 wrote:I still didn't fully get over that game with multiple hoods where Ank replaced in and decided to SR me just because, and even claimed she has a semi-perfect record if reading me, and then she NK'd and mastina tunneled me for it.
Grow. Up.

I only claimed that read strength when I was townreading you.
I made it clear I wasn't certain whether I was scumreading you for the right reasons when I switched my read.

My reads in that neighborhood did jack shit to explain my thoughts. I had two of the scum in my "don't care, they're dying before endgame anyways" tier, and the third was an unpopular scumread of mine that I was already making headway in convincing their deepest pocket of.

It is absolutely insane that you would blame me for you getting tunneled by mastina when you didn't provide any of the context, not even the part I specifically said was the most important thing to send if only one thing was sent, while just providing that you were one of my scumreads.

You brought that on yourself. Stop blaming me for it unless you want to blame me for providing reads at all, and even then I expect nothing I said would have gotten out of the neighborhood anyways.

My gamestate read could have prevented the tunnel on mastina that derailed the game for two straight days.
The context behind my read on you would have been a significant step towards you not getting tunneled.
My read on Torque vould've been a stepping stone towards dismantling his place in the town block.

And yet you decided that because I was scumreading you, everything I said wasn't worth anything else, despite me indicating at that time that it was in flux. And so you destroyed my credibility with the town and basically paved the way for a gamestate that would have town rip itself to shreds and simply lose if town had not gotten very lucky with PR distribution.

The fact that it's almost a year later and you're still mad about this when I've yet to mention a single time about my past experiences with you and read rate is childish. You shut down when I confronted you about the Volxen survivor flip and shut your ears when I said multiple times that I thought the wagon was very suspect due to how fast it was shoved through.

You can see the world in black and white if you want to, but actually play the game instead of fixating on drama from a year ago.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5197 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:04 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

It's only a good idea to lynch me if you believe there will never be an extra kill ever but remember that we have a vig LMS and a rod LMS in the same game.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5198 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:05 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

...I just realized the stupidity of my statement rofl.

But there's still a vig lms
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5199 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:09 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I didn’t even think of the Vig LMS.

Everyone’s acting like Nomnom has to go now, which isn’t the case, and if she’s town it doesn’t benefit town to kill her.

Something Smart stated this to me. The venge shot will always be there.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”