Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I'm here.

Vote: Korlash

Zeek and clammy got caught in the net, but Korlash has managed to fly under the radar for the whole game. He's been engaged, but never leading, and never seeming to follow. It's pretty excellent scum play actually.

Give me a little time, I want to do a full reread of Korlash's posts, and put something together for you, charter. I should have something by this time tomorrow.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

bah go town.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:43 am

Post by charter »

Forgot to ask this earlier. Fark and Korlash, could you tell me why you killed Tekk over me last night?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:54 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Forgot to mention my result, not that it does any good. I investigated Korlash, and I got a guilty. So I am a paranoid cop. It seems that so are you, charter.

charter, since I didn't NK Tekk last night I can only tell you why I think Korlash did it.

claim sheet wrote:Tekk -> Fark | Innocent; Aimless | Innocent; RR | Innocent; charter | Innocent
Alabaska J -> Skruffs | Innocent; Korlash | Innocent; TDC | Innocent; Tekk | Innocent
Korlash -> Tekk | Innocent; Aimless | Innocent; TCD | Innocent; Fark | Innocent
Raging Rabbit -> Fark | Innocent; Aimless | Innocent
Aimless -> clammy | Guilty

Farkshinsoup -> Jenter | Guilty; Raging Rabbit | Guilty; TDC | Guilty; Tekk | Guilty
charter -> Aimless | Guilty; Korlash | Guilty; RR | Guilty; Alabaska | Guilty
TDC -> Zeek | Innocent; Aimless | Guilty; charter | Guilty
Skruffs -> Aimless | Guilty
Potential sanities wrote:Tekkactus: Sane, Naive, Scum
Alabaska J: Sane, Naive, Scum
Korlash: Sane, Naive, Scum
Raging Rabbit: Sane, Naive

Aimless: Sane, Paranoid

Fark: Insane, Paranoid, Scum
Charter: Insane, Paranoid
TDC: Insane

Skruffs: Insane, Paranoid

ZeekLTK: Scum

Clammy: Scum
This was the sanities chart as of yesterday. Korlash would have looked at this last night and known that you were a paranoid cop. (actually, he would have known that both you and Alabaska were useless cops from the beginning of Day 3 - I'll have to look back and see if his posts reflect that in any way) If he had killed you, then he would have had 2 people investigating him whose sanities he could not be sure of.

If Tekk had turned out to be a sane cop, that would have been game over. Tekk's investigation would have simultaneously implicated Korlash and cleared me. Better to keep you alive, because on the off chance I had come up with an innocent on him, he could just say I was lying scum - same situation we're in right now. And he knew that your investigation was useless, and wouldn't clear me.

And of course, that's why he didn't NK me last night, no way he was going to win in a showdown between him and Tekk, especially if Tekk's investigation confirmed him as scum.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:59 am

Post by charter »

Fark, you know I haven't revealed my results from investigating you yet, right?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:09 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I know, but since I now know that Korlash is scum, and you investigated him on N2 and got guilty, as well as guilty on Aimless and other confirmed townies, that means that you are paranoid. So you got a guilty on me last night.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:11 am

Post by charter »

Wrong, I got innocent on you...
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:17 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Wait, that also means that if I had been scum, I would not have known your sanity up to today. But I would have known that both Korlash and Tekk were naive cops, and they would not have gotten useful results, no matter who they investigated.

Since you were going to investigate me last nght, it would have been risky for me to let you live.

charter, Tekks NK only makes sense for Korlash. If I had been scum I would have had to kill you last night, in case your investigation blew my cover.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:20 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

simulpost.

WHAT?!!

That is not possible.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:22 am

Post by charter »

Looks like it is not only possible, but actual. Sorry Fark.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:25 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

There must be some mistake. Can you pm the mod and ask him to confirm the result? Because if you are town, and we know you are, then Korlash has to be scum, and you CANNOT have gotten that result on me.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:27 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Wait, why haven't you voted me yet? If you got that result, why would you go through all of this. You would have just voted for me.

You're lying.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:29 am

Post by charter »

Yeah, I wanted to test your reaction.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:30 am

Post by charter »

The reason, I haven't figured out sanities yet. I wanted to see if you could have known I was paranoid before today. Your reaction does not bode well for Korlash.

Now to figure out if you could have known I was paranoid. If I figure you couldn't I'm going to vote Korlash I think.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:30 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Thanks for the heart attack.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:34 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

charter, in the meantime I'm going to start my reread of Korlash's posts. Instead of one big post I'll just post quotes and thoughts as I see them. If you have any other questions, ask, and I'll answer.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:35 am

Post by charter »

Sorry, but I still was not very sure who to vote for. On one hand, you 'investigated' Jenter N0, which while horribly unfortunate, seems a very likely scum play. However, judging by your initial no mass claim proposal, I'm very inclined to think you're town, because Zeek and clammy would most certainly have discussed this, and I cannot see you objecting like that if scum. Then, both Korlash and clammy 'investigate' Tekk. Korlash hasn't done any scumhunting this whole game, whereas you have (though not on Zeek D1...). I think that they both investigated Tekk so they could knock him off night one, they didn't count on Aimless stepping forward is my bet.

Theres more reasons, but figured I'd get that quick apology up for you. I'll type up the rest and figure sanities.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:52 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Korlash wrote:Personally I was under the opinion knowing the alignment of my target was important so obviously I would rather see Tekk lynched. However i'm not exactly an excpert at this sort of game.
Korlash made a lot of these, "aw shucks, I don't understand these complicated game mechanics" type posts on Day 1. He claimed that he wasn't posting much and wasn't engaged with the game because of all the arguing about what our investigative plan should be. But look at the post he made right after this one:
Korlash wrote:
RR wrote:Sanities won't be revaled in this method, though, since not enough people will know whether their investigation was true or false, and all the cross information in the world isn't gonna help any when hardly anyone knows if their results even mean anything.
not true, lets say I investigated someone who came up guilty tonight. tomorrow if we lynch either tekk or that person for any reason, my sanity becomes fairly clear. Now put this on a wide scale, everyone gets two people who they are basing their sanities off of. We minus the doubles, two innocents two guilties, and we get a hanful of people we can lynch to help prove other's sanities.

Now this is where Skruff's words of wisdom come into play. we then scum hunt amoung them to lynch the right one. And bam, we hit possible scum and help clear 1-2-3 (possibly *crosses fingers*) sanity issues.

And as days go on, more and more possibilities open up. "Double" investigations start turning up new info and lynches/nks help determine them. In theory I would rather have every person have 2 investigations tomorrow, then two people to have 5 each.

Of course a lot of things can go wrong with this. and there is no way everyone will have 2 investigations tomorrow... well... highly unlikely at least...

your problem is your trying to prove many people at once. (I think) Which has just as high a sucess rate as catching a fish with a ball of yarn. Bait is the issue isn't it... ;P

But I think spreading them out is a sure fire way to get "at least 1" cleared up tomorrow with an exponetial number more after that. And, once we have one sanity known, you can expect 1-2 people to be cleared or outed. So out list of scum boils down lower and lower. sanities is not an issue really. 1 or 2 yes, but we don't need everybodies. If I am proven sane, isn't Tekk proven town? Think about it and you'll see that a wide spread pattern combined with good ol' fashioned scum hunting is the best play.
I think that Korlash has a very good grasp of exactly how this game works, but he portrayed himself as not getting it, just a simple ol' townie.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:03 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Aimless was onto Korlash with this:
Aimless wrote:You claimed to not really be one planning and game theory discussions and whatnot, and argue against them as an obstacle to scum hunting. Okay, that's fine; I'm tempted to believe you on that point. However, it is also an argument against the town going into those kinds of discussions - thus, it is an argument that one could arrive at from scum motivations. Additionally, by making the argument, you are giving yourself a cover for having mostly stayed silent so far this game - again, feasibly scummy. Lastly, it's one of those many statements that sounds good but doesn't really help the town.

So, it doesn't really matter that you aren't me; scum tend to have one set of motivations, town another. I find your argument to be compatible with scum motivations. This is not to say that it's incompatible with town motivations, or that I find your behavior totally scummy, but it is enough to make me suspicious of you.
QFT
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:07 am

Post by charter »

Aimless also thought you were scum and had Zeek and clammy near the end of his list... I thought about what Aimless had posted, but I'm not paying it much attention because he thought both of you could be suspicious.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:19 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Yeah, it's true, but I will point out that Aimless was starting to change his mind about me near the end of the day. He also helped lynch Skruffs (as did I) so he wasn't perfect, but I think that his suspicions of Korlash were dead on.

I had 2 bad pieces of luck on Day 1. One, from my inexperience, was to come out against the mass claim. I'd only played in 1 newbie game on the site, and I did not really understand that this was the best play in an open set up. But if you read back, you'll see that all I really wanted was for us all to discuss it and agree as a group on a course of action. You'll notice that both clammy and Korlash never even questioned that we should claim, they just went right along with the tide, and Zeek was one of the first people to FoS me.

The 2nd piece of bad luck was my investigation of Jenter, and that was just bad luck. Together, off the top of Day 1, it's no wonder that I drew a lot of suspicion.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:48 am

Post by charter »

Damnit, I think if Alabaska had investigated Fark instead of Tekk this could have been bulletproof. Either way, I still think it's Korlash. Sorry if I'm wrong.

vote Korlash

Fark am I right or were you scum?
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:57 am

Post by TDC »

Thank God!

Happy you figured that out all on your own, charter, but this would've been much easier if anyone actually paid attention to the claim list.

Exhibit A:
partial claim sheet from YESTERDAY wrote: Tekk -> Fark | Innocent; Aimless | Innocent; RR | Innocent; charter | Innocent
Korlash -> Tekk | Innocent; Aimless | Innocent; TCD | Innocent; Fark | Innocent
Raging Rabbit -> Fark | Innocent; Aimless | Innocent
Question 1: What would these three players sanities be if Fark was scum?
Question 2: What does that tell you about Fark's alignment?

I was seriously annoyed when nobody figured this out!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:37 am

Post by charter »

WHOA! So we did it then?

My main reason was that there was absolutely no way Fark could have left me alive if he was scum and risk a 50 50 shot of me exposing him. I figured Korlash had to know I was useless (as I investigated him early) and kept me alive because Tekk could have been sane. Plus, Fark did well when I told him I found him to be the last scum. Sorry about that again.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:39 am

Post by TDC »

charter wrote:WHOA! So we did it then?
Yes, and again: Fark was freaking
confirmed town
since yesterday.