Sherlock and Watson
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:34 am

Post by Sherlock and Watson »

In post 1023, Alisae wrote:like I am having a really hard time trying to get through all of this
so why are you watching it?

-S
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:34 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 1025, Sherlock and Watson wrote:
In post 1023, Alisae wrote:like I am having a really hard time trying to get through all of this
so why are you watching it?

-S
bored
GTKAS
| here.
Sherlock and Watson
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:36 am

Here's my suggestion
Spoiler:

-S
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:39 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1020, Sherlock and Watson wrote:I would add these to the reasons I want to lynch bitmap, bringing the total number of posts I want to lynch him for up to 9 total.

-S
What are the 6 other posts?

Spoiler: posts
In post 603, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 600, Titus wrote:
In post 596, Reasonably Rational wrote:and irritated Titus didn't draft us
I'm irritated you keep saying this. I don't want to play wifom with Ali. Not winding up in my pool =/= not drafted and I would expect you both to pass that logic test.

As for why AF's argument is wrong, bad content is worse than no content.
Explain to me what I'm missing then. Seriously.

We're not on Alisae's team. We're not in your mason group. We significantly discount the idea that you didn't take any masons. I don't see how we end up in this position unless you just didn't want us. Your explanation that we'll clash but move beyond it is frustrating to me because of that one game that had multiple PTs. Space Dandy 2?

Like ... you're unimpeachable for obvious reasons. We kind of thought we would be also.

~D
In post 616, Reasonably Rational wrote:Oof sorry Titus. I'm an idiot sometimes. The word "draft" made me think that you had a priority order on the people you submitted. But obviously (now that you explained and I carefully read the 2nd post) if it were that way you would know if someone was scum because your preference draft on them failed. Plz disregard earlier derpness.

~D
In post 622, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 617, Titus wrote:
In post 616, Reasonably Rational wrote:Oof sorry Titus. I'm an idiot sometimes. The word "draft" made me think that you had a priority order on the people you submitted. But obviously (now that you explained and I carefully read the 2nd post) if it were that way you would know if someone was scum because your preference draft on them failed. Plz disregard earlier derpness.

~D
Apology accepted. You'll still have to accept some side eye based on burden of proficiency though. You claimed you weren't a mason in the public thread after all, despite our years of playing together. ;) You also claimed not to read for detail. Again, that's not you like.

I'll need you to tell me who is scum.

~Titus
I reject BoP. I frequently make (poor?) assumptions in games with mechanics new to me. This is demonstrable pretty much always.

Day one first 24 hours scum reads? From me? This should be hilariously good.

Alisae is totally scum this game. Have you SEEN the shitposting?

Scum in: {TSE, FL, FA, Espe, S&W} <--- they all have at least weak evidence in my thoughts so far. Generally takes more than that plus Cerb poking logic before I'm more certain though, and it's still pretty early his time.

~D
In post 683, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 677, Bitmap wrote:
In post 622, Reasonably Rational wrote: Scum in: {TSE, FL, FA, Espe, S&W} <--- they all have at least weak evidence in my thoughts so far. Generally takes more than that plus Cerb poking logic before I'm more certain though, and it's still pretty early his time.

~D
This is a horrible scum list.

FL is not scum. Espe is not scum. And TSE is just a village idiot with a high chance of being town but annoying.
You know, you're going to get zero pushback when you call any reads given by this hydra terrible on D1.

Like, we don't even give reads lists D1. I have no idea wtf Drixx is smoking thinking leaving the game for months suddenly gave him the ability to actually read people on D1. :P
In post 681, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 675, Reasonably Rational wrote:I think anyone who votes for Pine needs to state whether they're voting because they think it's best to remove him ASAP given the expressed NU, OR if it's because you think he's scum.

-Cerb
What does NU mean?
Negative utility; abilities that hurt town.

-Cerb

I don’t like these posts, Sherlock.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:40 am

Post by AaronFrost »

@Maki & Kaito and gobbles
In post 766, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 657, gobbledygook wrote:I think Pine is scum for this ascetic enabling business.
In post 652, Maki and Kaito wrote:Why is Pine such a townread for peeps? I think his play is pretty bad for reasons I outlined before.
Can both of you explain your stance on this? I could maybe see it coming from scum if he had claimed it unprompted but there were two ascetic claims before Pine's post, which probably triggered his claim in the first place.
Sherlock and Watson
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:44 am

I kinda buy that Drixx joined the game thinking he would not have to effort about his own alignment and now is annoyed that he's not a mason?

Also thinking there's scum inside Boon/FA/Espe seems both reasonable and intuitive given the gamestate at the time the reads were given?

The only scummy thing in that group is Bitmap arguing, totally without justification, that there is NOT scum inside Boon or Espe, which he only later explains is due to wifomy pick spec that seems unconvincing. I don't see why he was so confident in rejecting Drixx's PoE there.

I'd say it'll be easier to read RR in time but I know from experience that doesn't tend to be true, they tend to be a slot I second guess myself on a lot but if I was going to scumread them it wouldn't be for any of those tbh.

-S
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:45 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Someone else asked if my suspicion on Pine is role related or claim related. For me, it is both.

Kill Pine to make people not ascetic. We have already had one ascetic claim that he was a powerful role, so to allow a protective to cover that role, Pine needs to go.

Moreover, so other roles can investigate them.

I also have claim related reason to think what Pine did is bad. I think it narrows the pool down for who can be a power role or not. Pine said his role requires him to die for towns benefit. And as such he’s going to try hard. He shouldn’t need to claim and get all of that info in order to try and get killed. Claiming he is an enabler IF there is a scum ascetic just means scum are NOT going to kill him.
Sherlock and Watson
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:48 am

In post 1031, gobbledygook wrote:Kill Pine to make people not ascetic. We have already had one ascetic claim that he was a powerful role, so to allow a protective to cover that role, Pine needs to go.

I mean, perhaps, but we don't know if the town even has direct investigatives

maybe it's ALL MASONS and then 3 vigs!

I mean probably not but saying we should lynch a slot off day 1 setup spec seems weaksauce

for all we know scum have 3 different roleblockers and people are ascetic so that they can have night action results

like we can't just presume that the ascetic enabler is exclusively pro-scum based on day 1 setup info

-S
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:48 am

Post by gobbledygook »

I don’t have an issue with the readlist itself. I have an issue with the qualifications both heads put on the readslist after Titus wanted one. I think they were trying to placate Titus with humor and doing what she wanted to diffuse a situation they potentially saw going very poorly for them if Titus is able to mind meld so effectively with them.

I really didn’t like Cerb calling out Drixx’s readlist with the joke about being away for so long. Everyone knows that readslists this early are usually very wrong. Why draw so much attention to that fact?
Sherlock and Watson
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:50 am

I guess that's a fair tonal reaction, I just disagree. If you want to push them off that I'll be curious to see who agrees with you.

-S
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:51 am

Post by Bitmap »

I don't think relating Esp's to another certain someone's town play and thinking "Oh they're probably town" is that out of the ordinary. And Boon is through associative tells in which I think it's probably unlikely.

I've seen people generally make very "X is town" or "X is scum" assumptions as town and I don't think it's AI at this early in the game.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:51 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1032, Sherlock and Watson wrote:
In post 1031, gobbledygook wrote:Kill Pine to make people not ascetic. We have already had one ascetic claim that he was a powerful role, so to allow a protective to cover that role, Pine needs to go.

I mean, perhaps, but we don't know if the town even has direct investigatives

maybe it's ALL MASONS and then 3 vigs!

I mean probably not but saying we should lynch a slot off day 1 setup spec seems weaksauce

for all we know scum have 3 different roleblockers and people are ascetic so that they can have night action results

like we can't just presume that the ascetic enabler is exclusively pro-scum based on day 1 setup info

-S
There’s also the fact that I saw Pine scum do a day 1 partial massclaim, so I have reason to doubt his intentions here.

I mean, maybe, but setups aren’t likely to be like the type you said. The last few Pine v. Camn and Alisae v. Pine did not feature setups as bimodal as you’re suggesting.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:52 am

Post by gobbledygook »

What are the 6 other Bitmap posts, Krazy?
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:54 am

Post by Bitmap »

Actually Sherlock, I know for a fact that you've seen players that have been even more overtly confident than me in their reads this early on in other games that ended up being town (RE: Magical Girls).

So I think your reasoning is kind of bad.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:54 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1031, gobbledygook wrote:Someone else asked if my suspicion on Pine is role related or claim related. For me, it is both.

Kill Pine to make people not ascetic. We have already had one ascetic claim that he was a powerful role, so to allow a protective to cover that role, Pine needs to go.

I also have claim related reason to think what Pine did is bad. I think it narrows the pool down for who can be a power role or not. Pine said his role requires him to die for towns benefit. And as such he’s going to try hard. He shouldn’t need to claim and get all of that info in order to try and get killed. Claiming he is an enabler IF there is a scum ascetic just means scum are NOT going to kill him.
I do agree that Pine should die at some point as his role strongly points to there being a scum ascetic but what reasons does scum!Pine have to claim that? If he's scum and all ascetic claims are town, then that strongly helps out town if he dies and it's even worse if there's a scum ascetic on his side. Pine is also hinting that there's more to his role than just being ascetic enabler.

If we are gonna lynch him then we're not gonna do it today but I think this play comes from town.
Sherlock and Watson
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:54 am

Spoiler: Reading is Tech
In post 822, Sherlock and Watson wrote:
In post 808, Sherlock and Watson wrote:Bitmap

This is six different reasons I scumread you

-S
These are six links to the following posts:
In post 405, Bitmap wrote:Towny bucket: Esp, Pine, FL
In post 676, Bitmap wrote:I don't think MariaR has ever read me right since Starry Night unless she was scum and I was town. I think it's better to defer to Dunns.
In post 677, Bitmap wrote:
In post 622, Reasonably Rational wrote: Scum in: {TSE, FL, FA, Espe, S&W} <--- they all have at least weak evidence in my thoughts so far. Generally takes more than that plus Cerb poking logic before I'm more certain though, and it's still pretty early his time.

~D
This is a horrible scum list.

FL is not scum. Espe is not scum. And TSE is just a village idiot with a high chance of being town but annoying.
In post 111, Bitmap wrote:Would Ali draft Ank ever?
In post 491, Bitmap wrote:
In post 485, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Looks like it wants me to vote FL.
VOTE: FL
You had a scum read on Pine but you vote FL???????
In post 125, Bitmap wrote:Ok just carry me in main thread.
All of which I find scummy

-S
Sherlock and Watson
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:55 am

In post 1038, Bitmap wrote:Actually Sherlock, I know for a fact that you've seen players that have been even more overtly confident than me in their reads this early on in other games that ended up being town (RE: Magical Girls).

So I think your reasoning is kind of bad.
I'm not critiquing you for confidence, I'm critiquing you for confidence *on those slots*, which consists of almost half my PoE. That makes it feel like you're not so much in "bad reads" territory as "scum agenda" territory but who knows, it's still early

-S
Sherlock and Watson
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:56 am

Also I think I've been clear that I did not actually read the vast majority of HoS nor do I care to reread it so not sure why you're saying I should remember something from it

-S
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Bitmap »

What makes your reads better than mine or Drixx?
Sherlock and Watson
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:58 am

I'm not saying my reads are better than Drixx, I feel like I agree with Drixx, and you going after Drixx's reads with weird confidence seems sus

-S
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:58 am

Post by gobbledygook »

So your vote from page 4 came from a single post that Bitmap made, and you’ve barely advocated for more support for his lynch. I don’t like the looks of that.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 1042, Sherlock and Watson wrote:Also I think I've been clear that I did not actually read the vast majority of HoS nor do I care to reread it so not sure why you're saying I should remember something from it

-S
That's fine, whatever. I'm saying that confidence is not AI especially this early in the game and PoEs will conflict especially with players that are hot heads.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Ankamius »

krazy do you have a read on me yet

---
Sherlock and Watson
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:59 am

In post 1045, gobbledygook wrote:So your vote from page 4 came from a single post that Bitmap made, and you’ve barely advocated for more support for his lynch. I don’t like the looks of that.
So you're just not reading the thread at all then?

-S
Sherlock and Watson
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:59 am

In post 97, Sherlock and Watson wrote:[Read reserved for 3 days, 4 hours, 54 minutes - Ankamius]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”