IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by IMASPY »

In post 789, IMASPY wrote:DP if you are scum im gonna be impressed man. I cant get a solid read on you, because I cant seem to put you on town.

VOTE: Unvote
In post 808, IMASPY wrote:Noticing when i natsu posted that based on how my play was going i am gonna deduct one town point from natsu.

I posted a bunch of times between 7pm and 9pm and most of it was about my reads on natsu being scum. Which gets natsu to come back from a 10 hour hiatus to post one time
Spoiler:
In post 470, Natsu wrote:Pikachu + Luca. I see the SE's are doing a bang-up job on teaching us newbies how it's done.

No but seriously I want both of you dead so this game can get under control.

I'm feeling better about Arthur's slot with IMASPY in it now.
I am noticing that I am getting scum-read fairly often by multiple different people, which honestly runs counter to my scum games where I think I was scumleaned only once during RVS. I guess that makes sense.

For the record I usually post on weekends but I ended up with a cold. Been mostly observing when I have the energy.

I dont like this bold part after saying they are liking my slot now that im here(and scumreading him).

Wanting 2 town dead so the game gets under control is kinda a weird thing to say as a town.
In post 809, IMASPY wrote:VOTE: Natsu
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by Natsu »

In post 822, IMASPY wrote:
In post 820, Natsu wrote:
In post 797, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 788, Natsu wrote:
He emphasizes a townread on Luca, who hasn't actually joined the wagon on him and who was at the time still voting his counter-wagon
I am pretty sure I didn't TR Luca until much more recently, are you saying I am now TRing him after he jumped on your wagon?

@Spy I still don't see how you would assume you would be killed when there are far more obv-town people who have never been voted for a considerable length.
This post is giving me a bad vibe.
It sounds like you are saying you cant Remember what sort of read You had on luca. I would expect you to have at least some feel for where playersie on the town to scum scale. Only scum has to 'remember'.

It's a famous Mark Twain quote:

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything

Its like you arent looking for tells, but are rather just artificially coming up with reads.
I'm remembering the order of events, not whether I did or didn't say something. Obviously I would need to go back and check the ordering to verify, but I feel like shit so I have no energy to do research.

It's funny how almost every single post I make is giving people a bad vibe. Almost like there's a narrative that's been weaved that's making people look at me as scum!natsu more often than not and reading too deeply into my posts.

In other news, I just realized why IMASPY's logic on him getting night killed is so bad. He said that if I get lynched as scum then my scum partner is going to kill him. But that doesn't make sense because I would think scum would want to kill the hard to lynch players. In that scenario, who would be the hardest to lynch player in the gamestate? I want to see if you can answer me that.
If you were lynched and scum.... I would be the hardest player to lynch. I started the read on you being scum.
I would think Pikachu would be the obv-town player in that scenario. In what way does it make sense for pikachu to ever be scum-read again after hard-bussing their partner on day 1 in like 15% of their posts?
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by Detective Pikachu »

In post 824, Natsu wrote:Yall really don't want to wait until doro replacement says anything at all?
Are you worried replacement lul hammers you?

Maybe we should keep at l2 in case not_mafia takes the slot :P

Sure

UNVOTE:
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by IMASPY »

Spoiler:
In post 827, Natsu wrote:
In post 822, IMASPY wrote:
In post 820, Natsu wrote:
In post 797, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 788, Natsu wrote:
He emphasizes a townread on Luca, who hasn't actually joined the wagon on him and who was at the time still voting his counter-wagon
I am pretty sure I didn't TR Luca until much more recently, are you saying I am now TRing him after he jumped on your wagon?

@Spy I still don't see how you would assume you would be killed when there are far more obv-town people who have never been voted for a considerable length.
This post is giving me a bad vibe.
It sounds like you are saying you cant Remember what sort of read You had on luca. I would expect you to have at least some feel for where playersie on the town to scum scale. Only scum has to 'remember'.

It's a famous Mark Twain quote:

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything

Its like you arent looking for tells, but are rather just artificially coming up with reads.
I'm remembering the order of events, not whether I did or didn't say something. Obviously I would need to go back and check the ordering to verify, but I feel like shit so I have no energy to do research.

It's funny how almost every single post I make is giving people a bad vibe. Almost like there's a narrative that's been weaved that's making people look at me as scum!natsu more often than not and reading too deeply into my posts.

In other news, I just realized why IMASPY's logic on him getting night killed is so bad. He said that if I get lynched as scum then my scum partner is going to kill him. But that doesn't make sense because I would think scum would want to kill the hard to lynch players. In that scenario, who would be the hardest to lynch player in the gamestate? I want to see if you can answer me that.
If you were lynched and scum.... I would be the hardest player to lynch. I started the read on you being scum.

I would think Pikachu would be the obv-town player in that scenario. In what way does it make sense for pikachu to ever be scum-read again after hard-bussing their partner on day 1 in like 15% of their posts?
[/quote]

Thats an interesting take, but i think if you were lynched after i did that post about lynching you, and you turned red, I HIGHLY DOUBT anyone would lynch me day 2.
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by IMASPY »

Gosh darnet pikachu!... why are you giving natsu an excuse to relax and go back to not posting?
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:19 pm

I'm not assuming he stops posting at l-2 as the leading wagon?
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Natsu »

Ama while I'm here, you caught me at a good time
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by Natsu »

I'm assuming I'm at L-1 btw anyways.
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:20 pm

Tiered reads list?
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Natsu »

Scum:
Pikachu
dkkoba

Null:
Spy
R1 maybe
dsjstr

Town:
Offsuit (close to moving into null)
Luca
Hectic
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:25 pm

Walk me through koba scumread?
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Natsu »

He's relying on tone, apologizing for not doing anything because he feels out of place (excuse to lurk). And inserts himself into the middle of wagons which I think is the least likely to draw attention.
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by IMASPY »

You have anything to add that can come unprompted? Have you read the whole game or are you not caught up because of being sick?
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:32 pm

In post 41, DkKoba wrote:I'm on break so can't properly respond to anything but I'm already not a fan of DP's stupid gimmick
In post 189, DkKoba wrote:alright i want hectic, DP, and r1 in my townblocc, what do yall say to that
1) If koba was scum, don't you think he could decide on whether he was trying to pocket me or not? That's a pretty big shift in approaches for scum to make in early game

2) Do you think townblocking in early game is town indicative?
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:33 pm

Post by Natsu »

I've barely skimmed this game, if that, since like page 22. I've been going off of gut reactions mostly. Cutting out Pikachu has been my main concern of course.
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Natsu »

In post 839, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 41, DkKoba wrote:I'm on break so can't properly respond to anything but I'm already not a fan of DP's stupid gimmick
In post 189, DkKoba wrote:alright i want hectic, DP, and r1 in my townblocc, what do yall say to that
1) If koba was scum, don't you think he could decide on whether he was trying to pocket me or not? That's a pretty big shift in approaches for scum to make in early game

2) Do you think townblocking in early game is town indicative?
1. That just makes him look even more like your partner to be honest. Placing you in the center of his friend list, and he probably just forgot about that other flippant comment which was probably just to go along with the sentiment everyone has with you.

2. I have never heard of townblock, have no idea what it is, and have no clue what applications it has on a game of mafia.
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:38 pm

It's a block, i.e. Group, of people that you believe are town and believe that other people in the game should see as town as well. Some games are predicated around townblocking rather than scumhunting, in fact (coalition is won if the town 'townblocks' 5 people on day 1)
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by Natsu »

I guess I would have to see it in action. It sounds really dangerous to be honest. What if you townblock scum? Especially if you're doing it shortly after RVS.
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:40 pm

Ok, Natsu, say you don't pre-flip me as scum but have me as a neutral survivor (not in this game but hear me out). Do dk's posts still seem scummy to you then (given dk does not know my alignment but thinks it is town)?
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:41 pm

In post 843, Natsu wrote:I guess I would have to see it in action. It sounds really dangerous to be honest. What if you townblock scum? Especially if you're doing it shortly after RVS.
Yes, incorrect townblocks is how scum wins the game very often. But correct townblocks is how town wins the game so it's really just another foil for talking about reads
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by Natsu »

Maybe the particular posts you cherry picked won't be scum inducive, but I still don't like how his vote on me has no reasoning. And no one even called it out proper.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by DkKoba »

hi I'm really sorry I forgot about mafiascum for the most part for the past like 24 hours or so, life's been super hectic.
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:49 pm

In post 651, DkKoba wrote:VOTE: Natsu
In post 652, DkKoba wrote:I am drunk but I want natsu pushed bc they didnt join my townblocc earier
He thinks that not wanting to work together with a town block but not attacking the inclusion of members directly is scummy. Effectively he was asking for your initial take on his reads and you came off as defensive, if I understand his reasoning. Now in this case you didn't understand the concept, but since you didn't react the way he expected town to act, isn't he justified from his point of view in suspecting you?
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:50 pm

Koba does that look about right or did I misunderstand your concern?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”