Newbie 1985 | Penguin's Year | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
chazary
chazary
He/Him
Goon
chazary
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #60 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:43 am

Post by chazary »

In post 40, wilky wrote:Welcome Chazary, not too hard of a catchup needed on this game.

Are you town?
Absolutely not.
chazary
chazary
He/Him
Goon
chazary
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by chazary »

Bugs I understand having to take a step back from the game once in a while to recharge but why keep coming back just to say nothing useful and then ghost again when questioned? It does come off scummy.
chazary
chazary
He/Him
Goon
chazary
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by chazary »

Also having a player named bugs(pray) and a player with a bugs icon is very disorienting
chazary
chazary
He/Him
Goon
chazary
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by chazary »

In post 106, clidd wrote:Ok, let's calm down. It is too early to make assumptions far ahead of the information available.
What do you mean? We're now five pages in and there was a whole interaction between two players we can use to establish reads. What else do you want us to go off of? Or would you rather us still be in RVS?
chazary
chazary
He/Him
Goon
chazary
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by chazary »

In post 106, clidd wrote:Ok, let's calm down. It is too early to make assumptions far ahead of the information available.
In post 111, clidd wrote:Actually, the last time I saw someone making that kind of statement, he was, in fact, scum.

VOTE: chazary
So its time to make assumptions now? Cool.
chazary
chazary
He/Him
Goon
chazary
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by chazary »

In post 110, clidd wrote:
In post 60, chazary wrote:
In post 40, wilky wrote:Welcome Chazary, not too hard of a catchup needed on this game.

Are you town?
Absolutely not.
Do you use irony to reflect your real intentions or as a form of interpersonal expression ?
It was just a joke answer to a joke question.
chazary
chazary
He/Him
Goon
chazary
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by chazary »

Weird how? And why specifically ask wilky?
chazary
chazary
He/Him
Goon
chazary
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by chazary »

Ok, fair. Can you explain why you think our interaction is weird though?
chazary
chazary
He/Him
Goon
chazary
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:47 am

Post by chazary »

VOTE: Atarashi

You seem overeager to get other players' opinions without giving any of your own.
chazary
chazary
He/Him
Goon
chazary
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:47 am

Post by chazary »

Sorry. I guess I was wrong about the not giving opinions thing. But some of those reads lack reasoning. And more recently you're just asking other players about things without really saying anything yourself.

And I realize that wilky is a townread for you but I still find it odd that you @ed him like that.
chazary
chazary
He/Him
Goon
chazary
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:27 am

Post by chazary »

In post 140, Atarashi Hajimari wrote:
In post 136, chazary wrote:Sorry. I guess I was wrong about the not giving opinions thing. But some of those reads lack reasoning.
Half of those posts came from the first 30-40 posts in the DP. How much reasoning are you expecting?
Well you do explain some but for instance your read on bugs is a "gut read" but even so based on what?
In post 140, Atarashi Hajimari wrote:
And more recently you're just asking other players about things without really saying anything yourself.
Because up until this morning, wilky's observation that the mod had more posts than half of the players was correct. I want to get other people to participate.
And I realize that wilky is a townread for you but I still find it odd that you @ed him like that.
Any particular reason?
Well for starters like I said you asked wilky about my and clidd's interactions without saying anything yourself other than that it was "weird". Also asking wilky can't be because you want others to participate because he's been one of the most active so far.
chazary
chazary
He/Him
Goon
chazary
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by chazary »

In post 176, Emperor flippyNips wrote:i like how multiple people pointed out the wilky vs spray that theres stuff to talk about so why arent you " basically & didnt say anything about it themselves which is sus af. chaz being one of them
Can you tell me exactly where I said anything along these lines?
chazary
chazary
He/Him
Goon
chazary
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by chazary »

VOTE: bugspray
They're playing quite different than the last game I was just in with them. Definitely more to it than that but I have work early tomorrow so I can provide reasoning after.
chazary
chazary
He/Him
Goon
chazary
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #13) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by chazary »

In post 259, clidd wrote:
Chazary
-> He seems to be a very simple and direct player initially. But, to get a better base, I took a look at his last three games ( Newbies 1973, 1978 and 1982 ), one as scum and two as town, respectively. His playstyle is similar in the three games, being more incisive in certain moments, as more detailed and questioning in others. He tends, if necessary, to strive regardless of alignment, so it is not possible to judge him numerically in posts. He also seems to measure the tone well so as not to raise suspicions from one game to the next, if we compare the beginning of the three games. However, something extremely suggestive caught my attention: the ''fair'' standard.
''
What do you mean ?
''
I'm talking about his post , which he says
'' - Ok, fair. Can you explain why you think our interaction is weird though? ''
he uses the expression
"fair"
and then asks a question. If we search for that word in the three games, from his iso, we do not find the same pattern at any moment in the 1982 and 1978 games (which he was
town
), but it appears in the 1973 game (which he was
scum
). More specifically in posts 131 and 185, where he uses the expression accompanied by a question, in the same post. This linguistic addiction, unconsciously, highlights a pattern that is more likely followed by his
scum mindset
, than necessarily
town mindset

(
: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=81548)
(
: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=81784)
(
: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=81952)
Ok, fair.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”