Newbie 1985 | Penguin's Year | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 77, bugspray wrote:
In post 69, wilky wrote:
In post 60, chazary wrote:
In post 40, wilky wrote:Welcome Chazary, not too hard of a catchup needed on this game.

Are you town?
Absolutely not.
Caught Scum!!! Let's leave him alive for a bit and find his buddy.
In literally the post before I can you out on keeping RVs going you are doing this meme poop
VOTE: tuxedo bugs Bunny person
This seems disingenuous; taking one joke post and using it to judge someone's entire play by it.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 124, Atarashi Hajimari wrote:@Luca:

Have you caught up? What are your thoughts on what's happened so far today? Have any reads you wish to share?
I'm still in the process of catching-up.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 83, wilky wrote:
In post 81, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 77, bugspray wrote: In literally the post before I can you out on keeping RVs going you are doing this meme poop
VOTE: tuxedo bugs Bunny person
Please use the player's username or a close variation on their username. I will not be counting votes like this.
It took me reading this to realise that was actually supposed to be a vote on me. So bug since i've now shown you that Emperor was doing what you accused me of more than me I expect to see a vote on emperor in your next post.
I agree that Bugs' vote was bad, but I don't like the encouragement of further bad play by deflecting the issue onto someone else.

Wilky, do you suspect Flips or are you just using him to make a point?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 95, wilky wrote:
In post 93, Atarashi Hajimari wrote:
In post 91, wilky wrote:
Any thoughts on mine and bugs interaction?
Your posts come off as frustrated townie. I haven't spent much time looking over how genuine that frustration feels but I put you more solidly in my town pile for now.

Bugs I'm not certain on. I don't want to come off as rude, but I almost want to ask if they've been drinking or something. It just seems rambling and random. Gonna think on it more.
So you agree that they had no basis for their argument?

The bit that gets me most frustrated is that I actually tried to have a discussion with Bugs about it and show them they were wrong whilst getting a good bit of 1 to 1 interaction to help me sort them. Bugs shut down the interaction at every angle so I tried to be more blunt and go "hey, you accuse me of being scum because i'm doing this but someone else is actually doing it more" then they voted me.

I don't even think its scummy what emperor was doing this early in the game I was trying to point out the flawed logic and hypocrisy in bugs posts to them.
Ah, my question above was answered here; you were using Flips to make a point rather than actually SR'ing him.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I'm leaning Town on Wilky and scum on Bugs from that interaction.

Bugs looks like they're shading while playing the VI card with statements such as '
I'm bad
' - it's an easy way to not be held accountable for your reads and to basically make yourself unreadable, but this doesn't feel genuine and isn't true to Bugs in my experience with them.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Consider my vote on Bugs until I know what the VC is.

Wilky, what's your current read on Hajimari?
Atarashi Hajimari
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by Atarashi Hajimari »

Unofficial Vote Count (since I was curious as well):

wilky (2/5): political clout, bugspray
Luca (1/5): Atarashi Hajimari
Bugs (2/5): Luca Blight, wilky
dweller (1/5): emperor
chazary (1/5): clidd
chazary
chazary
He/Him
Goon
chazary
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:47 am

Post by chazary »

VOTE: Atarashi

You seem overeager to get other players' opinions without giving any of your own.
Atarashi Hajimari
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:58 am

In post 132, chazary wrote:VOTE: Atarashi

You seem overeager to get other players' opinions without giving any of your own.
....uhhhh....what?
Atarashi Hajimari
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:05 am

In post 132, chazary wrote:VOTE: Atarashi

Wanna try that one again?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:38 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Votecount 1.03

bugspray(2)
~ (13), (32)

wilky(1)
~ (1)
Luca Blight(1)
~ (24)
dweller(1)
~ (13)
clidd(1)
~ (23)
chazary(1)
~ (9)
Atarashi Hajimari(1)
~ (9)

Not Voting (1): (2)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-02-22 13:01:12)
<(") | (")>
chazary
chazary
He/Him
Goon
chazary
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:47 am

Post by chazary »

Sorry. I guess I was wrong about the not giving opinions thing. But some of those reads lack reasoning. And more recently you're just asking other players about things without really saying anything yourself.

And I realize that wilky is a townread for you but I still find it odd that you @ed him like that.
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:35 am

Post by Political Clout »

In post 41, Atarashi Hajimari wrote:
In post 37, wilky wrote:
Why are you suspicious of both these players? I'm not really seeing anything AI from anyone at the minute truth be told.
Bugspray is a gut feeling, and Luca primarily after 31. I feel as if he's been feeling out how other people feel before committing to a read.
What post made you think it is bugspray? Or what about his posts gave you this gut feeling? Or was it an impression that you got from bugspray overall?

UNVOTE:
Ya basic!
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:39 am

In post 54, bugspray wrote:L2 in the noob q is basically same pressure as no votes because people are so scared to go l-1 and see someone accidentally lulhammer
You've played extensively before? Or do you have some impression of how mafia scum road to Rome queue works? I've read the thread and you play the "noob" card fairly heavy handed methinks. Are you being self deprecatingly humorous or...?
Ya basic!
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:47 am

In post 75, wilky wrote:But you can't give anything on the hiding in rvs claim. Like actually nothing. Nada. Zilch.
I get that a player can make you frustrated but why are you so upset? Is it really bugspray with his read on you and disappearing making you so frustrated? I think in my opinion those who attempt to exhibit emotion are trying to do so to appear more genuine in game, and they are usual scum. Thinking it through several people have yet to post so it just feels odd to have a player resort to expletives in the beginning of the game.

Egmeoy.
Ya basic!
Atarashi Hajimari
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:54 am

In post 136, chazary wrote:Sorry. I guess I was wrong about the not giving opinions thing. But some of those reads lack reasoning.
Half of those posts came from the first 30-40 posts in the DP. How much reasoning are you expecting?
And more recently you're just asking other players about things without really saying anything yourself.
Because up until this morning, wilky's observation that the mod had more posts than half of the players was correct. I want to get other people to participate.
And I realize that wilky is a townread for you but I still find it odd that you @ed him like that.
Any particular reason?
Atarashi Hajimari
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:56 am

Actually, the mod *still* has more posts than half of the players.
Atarashi Hajimari
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:59 am

In post 137, Political Clout wrote:
What post made you think it is bugspray? Or what about his posts gave you this gut feeling? Or was it an impression that you got from bugspray overall?
General impression. It wasn't based on anything. Hence a "gut feeling".
chazary
chazary
He/Him
Goon
chazary
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:27 am

Post by chazary »

In post 140, Atarashi Hajimari wrote:
In post 136, chazary wrote:Sorry. I guess I was wrong about the not giving opinions thing. But some of those reads lack reasoning.
Half of those posts came from the first 30-40 posts in the DP. How much reasoning are you expecting?
Well you do explain some but for instance your read on bugs is a "gut read" but even so based on what?
In post 140, Atarashi Hajimari wrote:
And more recently you're just asking other players about things without really saying anything yourself.
Because up until this morning, wilky's observation that the mod had more posts than half of the players was correct. I want to get other people to participate.
Any particular reason?
Well for starters like I said you asked wilky about my and clidd's interactions without saying anything yourself other than that it was "weird". Also asking wilky can't be because you want others to participate because he's been one of the most active so far.
Atarashi Hajimari
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:17 am

Cutting out some text to keep things from getting excessuve
In post 143, chazary wrote: Well you do explain some but for instance your read on bugs is a "gut read" but even so based on what?
Answered that one already above, but to reiterate, it wasn't based on anything specific. Hence a "gut feeling"
Well for starters like I said you asked wilky about my and clidd's interactions without saying anything yourself other than that it was "weird".
I want to get his thoughts without influencing him with what I think. I already have my opinion, and I'lm share after he tells me what he thinks.
Also asking wilky can't be because you want others to participate because he's been one of the most active so far.
Wilky isn't the only person I've asked questions to.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:08 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 37, wilky wrote:
Why are you suspicious of both these players? I'm not really seeing anything AI from anyone at the minute truth be told.
Bugspray is a gut feeling, and Luca primarily after 31. I feel as if he's been feeling out how other people feel before committing to a read.

UNVOTE:
my pronoun is he
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:08 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 145, bugspray wrote:
In post 37, wilky wrote:

UNVOTE:
my pronoun isn't he
ebwop

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:09 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 138, Political Clout wrote:
In post 54, bugspray wrote:L2 in the noob q is basically same pressure as no votes because people are so scared to go l-1 and see someone accidentally lulhammer
You've played extensively before? Or do you have some impression of how mafia scum road to Rome queue works? I've read the thread and you play the "noob" card fairly heavy handed methinks. Are you being self deprecatingly humorous or...?
i mean im the kind of person who can logically anlyze a situation but then dont understand people at all so even if i have good theory i cant do shit

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:12 am

Post by bugspray »

[quote="In post 139, Political Clout"]e they them pronouns i literally wrote this on the first page (im pretty sure I did)

Atarashi Hajimari
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:15 am

In post 148, bugspray wrote:
In post 139, Political Clout wrote:e they them pronouns i literally wrote this on the first page (im pretty sure I did)
It might've not been the first page, but I do remember you mentioning it.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”