Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8000 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:50 am

Post by shos »

IT IS OVER
NINE
EIGHT THOUSAND!!!!!!
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #8001 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:07 am

Post by implosion »

Spoiler: cornichon and old lace

Vote Count 4.7
shos
(3): MathBlade, Xtoxm, Aristophanes
Aristophanes
(3): teacher, Iconeum, skitter30
MathBlade
(1): shos

Not Voting (1): Flopz

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to end the day.
Deadline is set to 1:00 AM PST on the 20th, in (expired on 2020-02-20 05:00:00).

If anyone's having trouble finding the thread, or other team mafia threads in these... confusing times, FYI UT made a post in the global announcement thread for team mafia (which you can get to from anywhere, since it's a global announcement) with a link to the TM2020 subforum.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #8002 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Xtoxm »

so thats functionally l-1
i dont understand the level of resistance to shos
wonder if that means something
hmmmmmm cant quite tell
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8003 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:10 am

Post by shos »

huh?

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8004 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 7999, shos wrote:
In post 7995, Aristophanes wrote:And shos, NL is a good plan but not at this moment. It is for when mylo hits or is nigh. Not when we are up in town numbers! Give your head a shake!
LOL
how can you be any more 'nigh' than now you're one mislynch away from mylo
We are 2 mislynches away from mylo are we not?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #8005 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Also I am so weirded out by shos not voting me atm
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8006 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 8004, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 7999, shos wrote:
In post 7995, Aristophanes wrote:And shos, NL is a good plan but not at this moment. It is for when mylo hits or is nigh. Not when we are up in town numbers! Give your head a shake!
LOL
how can you be any more 'nigh' than now you're one mislynch away from mylo
We are 2 mislynches away from mylo are we not?
presumptively 6:2 now. ML+NK=4:2 Mylo tomorrow. 1 mislynch.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #8007 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7995, Aristophanes wrote:I've said almost everything I can because this game, despite the length and plethora of new posts, just circles back to the same base arguments over and over.

I have my PoE pool, it's unlikely to change unless a townflip on shos occurs and I highly doubt that.

Soneone asked where the counterwagon on shos was today, and the answer is that it was being built and pushed, but not voted. It was me all along.
i guess i have a few problems with this:

a) your view of the gamestate just seems to be so very different than mine? i don't think we've been wandering around in circles as much recently than as in during the rc era. and your motivation / interest is markedly different before and after the scum lynch. like you feel demotivated and just kinda uninterested now, and i'm kinda confused why that's happened at the point of the game where i feel like town would get more invigorated, not less.

b) the hammer was ... not good and i'm not sure your day1 and day2 outweigh your days3 and 4

c) your townreads are the people wagoning you so i'm kinda confused about your cw point. if shos is scum, who is pushing the cw to him exactly?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #8008 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7996, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 7994, skitter30 wrote:Defaulting to town but i dont like it

Whats ur read on me
town.
you feel 'normal' in the way you did in eg CB/SC1, but you havent gone obvtown mode like youre capable of, if that makes sense
ive been kinda paranoid to tr you in games, since ive still never seen your scum game, but i have the sense that its gonna be strong
this feels hedgy
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #8009 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 8005, Aristophanes wrote:Also I am so weirded out by shos not voting me atm
yes, it's kinda baffling ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #8010 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by skitter30 »

reminder i'm vla weekends and may not be around again until saturday night
Show
Hiatus once more.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8011 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8001, implosion wrote:
Spoiler: cornichon and old lace

Vote Count 4.7
shos
(3): MathBlade, Xtoxm, Aristophanes
Aristophanes
(3): teacher, Iconeum, skitter30
MathBlade
(1): shos

Not Voting (1): Flopz

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to end the day.
Deadline is set to 1:00 AM PST on the 20th, in (expired on 2020-02-20 05:00:00).

If anyone's having trouble finding the thread, or other team mafia threads in these... confusing times, FYI UT made a post in the global announcement thread for team mafia (which you can get to from anywhere, since it's a global announcement) with a link to the TM2020 subforum.
I feel like I am dreaming regarding this VC.

@Flopz what do you think?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8012 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by Iconeum »

math i don't wanna lynch shos right now

he just really feels town? the way he responds to stuff is just… natural?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8013 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 8009, skitter30 wrote:
In post 8005, Aristophanes wrote:Also I am so weirded out by shos not voting me atm
yes, it's kinda baffling ...
what do you guys *actually* make of it?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #8014 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:22 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 8012, Iconeum wrote:math i don't wanna lynch shos right now

You're wrong but *shrugs*
- Jingle
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8015 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8012, Iconeum wrote:math i don't wanna lynch shos right now

Uhm no? It doesn’t.

And even if it was natural that’s still not a good argument as scum can *gasp* tell the truth!
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8016 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Yeah well.

I'm kinda done trying to work with you. You have been on opposite sides of me for pretty much the entire game.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Flopz
Flopz
Goon
Flopz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8017 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:58 pm

Post by Flopz »

Thanks for the well wishes, everything is being taken care of.

My position hasn't really changed since I disappeared. I feel like Shos is acting Scummy while I also feel that there's like a weird undercurrent of Townieness to their posting.

And Ari is just a massive void of nothingness reads wise, I didn't disagree with their reasoning for voting RCE but the way it was done was really suspect and didn't leave me with good feelings.

Teacher are you going to do the Ari associative thing because I've kind of been waiting for that. At this moment I'm leaning closer to Ari than Shos.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8018 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:17 am

Post by shos »

Alright it's time for cw ahoy.
No point in voting math. That will not happen today
I kinda think no other Lynch will happen today either and nobody's on board with NL so

VOTE: Ari

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8019 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:18 am

Post by teacher »

In post 8017, Flopz wrote:Teacher are you going to do the Ari associative thing because I've kind of been waiting for that
Sorry, I thought it was for skit and they came around anyways. Sure Ill do it in a bit.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8020 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8016, Iconeum wrote:Yeah well.

I'm kinda done trying to work with you. You have been on opposite sides of me for pretty much the entire game.
Uhm no? We were both on RCE. The only times we diverged were Ari, Saud, and then you have deviated from “shos” because “natural” which is not a thing. If you have an actual reason shos is town I would consider it but there’s so much more that says he is scum.

Second of all both these wagons are on scumreads so I am good with either one. I am *this* close to convincing Titus to let me hammer. I’d prefer shos but Ari will confirm if shos/Ari or shos/Flopz so I am good with either
GTKAS -- MathBlade
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8021 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:39 am

Post by teacher »

Welcome to the Ari-Trisaudade associative show.

For our opening act, we offer this vintage RC:
Spoiler:
In post 366, RadiantCowbells wrote:Alright let's do this so this is why Ari is scum.
In post 113, Aristophanes wrote:Intriguing.

I am an easy pocket so I'm going to stay strong in this, but I like where you're coming from as this develops.
This post categorically comes from scum significantly more often than town.
There's a
kung fu movies
Pocket attempt denied that I think of a lot referencing this but I don't remember the name of the game anymore.
I claim that g enerally dismissing townreads on you as 'pocketing' when they come from people you're not townreading points to scum more often than town.
On top of that it itself doesn't make sense as town given the 'i like where ur coming from but Im gonna vote you anyway.'
But it does make sense as scum because you want to assign value to townreads on you while simultaneously keeping your mislynch open, which is what Ari is doing here.
In post 92, Aristophanes wrote:Maybe I stated that badly. You don't seem ruffled. Your responses just sounded a but defensive and the followups a tad contrived.

Also literally anything can come from scum sometimes. Town tells can come from scum sometimes! This is so empty.
This is just... so bad? A bit defensive and a tad contrived is such weak phrasing plus dismissing all of scumhunting with 'ooh scum can towntell too' (and I've seen that post from scum several times and from town only once I think?) just doesn't feel like a good faith attempt to sort Tris.

In post 172, Aristophanes wrote:Meh, I like Math for town atm. Good strong read tbh.

Sorry RC.

Also signing off for the night now so eho knows when I'll be back. Meme away in my absence plz :) <3
Ari knows that I'm a better scumhunter than he is and generally doesn't have the kind of personality where he's going to go against me if he disagrees.
For him to go this far defending Mathblade (ignoring the fact that hard townreading Mathblade seems... implausible) is extremely uncharacteristic and to me points to him being scum.
Could make sense as trying to rack up townpoints for a correct townread or not wanting to vote a buddy.
In post 78, Aristophanes wrote:Tris, Plum, Skitter scumteam. Calling it now.
And seriously on the same general line as before but without you having to take 'Ari respects RC' as a thing because I'm sure there's people who will
since when is fucking ARI declaring these confident calling it nows on early pages of the game, like what? his confidence in his reads is way out of whack for being just back. that rhymes.

but yea this is scum

So that’s the stand alone case, but it also involves a heck of a lot of Tris associatives and quotes. Here is more on the associatives.
In post 5693, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 3847, Aristophanes wrote:This is entirely possible! Tris is my biggest thought for filling that last spot and if not Teach then Xtoxm seems likely just via lack of evidence against it.

I am going to give RCE a far better read at some point and maybe sniff out some associatives because they are the most likely active scum I can find and I would love to land the lynch there once we're all ready.
this is just one of many posts but

so many times from both Ari/Skitter they suggest Tris as scum and then find a reason to vote/push elsewhere

And again.
In post 5811, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 5807, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 5743, RadiantCowbells wrote:i just really need to talk to Ari/Teacher/Skitter
Yooooo

Sup? :)
Basically?

Your entire in thread trajectory suggests that you should be voting Tris/Saudade, your associatives aren't great, Tris refused to vote you yesterday at deadline, but you have declined to vote Saudade in situations where you really should have ended up voting him several times and in an increasingly narrow pool of people who can potentially be scum, you stand out as a buddy to him.

I can't force you to vote Saudade here but if you don't I'm basically going to assume that you're scum and go after him with everything I've got.

So most of the initial scumread was based of Ari-Tris interactions, and RC’s conclusion – that there was hard distancing between the two slots without backup – is proven throughout the thread. Ari scumreads the Trisaudade slot consistently…..
Spoiler: Ari scumreads
In post 821, Aristophanes wrote:Heya!
This is all based on my outgoing thoughts when I last checked in but...

Math
TW
RC

e'rbody not listed because ???

Teacher

Skitter
Tris
Plum
In post 2447, Aristophanes wrote:Tris still looks scummy and Iunno why I'm bothering to read things because my reads have remained unchanged from my initial perceptions of people and things
In post 2509, Aristophanes wrote:Lean Scum: Teacher, Flopz, Plum, Tris
In post 3537, Aristophanes wrote:Plum is suspect #1 atm, but Tris and Flopz are up there. In fact Flopz's latest posting has made them jump in scum equity imo.
In post 3834, Aristophanes wrote:Started with Tris. Tris, can you do something? Anything? Your Iso is almost devoid of content and what little there is is devoid of reasoning. It's impossible to know your motivations when you don't present them and I don't know what to ask other than "what are your current reads and why?" because you barely even gave past reads or anything worth commenting on.
Do something.
In post 3847, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 3842, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't think it's Teacher.

I think it's Tris RCE Xtoxm
This is entirely possible! Tris is my biggest thought for filling that last spot and if not Teach then Xtoxm seems likely just via lack of evidence against it. .

But then, as RC begins to express “scumpinging [saudade]” , Ari suddenly loses that scumread and in fact pushes against it, defending the slot and pushing counterwagons.
Spoiler: ari defending scum
In post 4117, Aristophanes wrote:I think we should leave Saudade around for the interim.
In post 4267, Aristophanes wrote:I think you are a possible townslot for a few reasons now, yes.
In post 4312, Aristophanes wrote:VOTE: Math

Iunno what happened in that last one lmao
In post 4568, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 4448, RadiantCowbells wrote:Ari, vote Shos.
Yes Sir!

VOTE: Shos

Ninja'd
skitter30 wrote:can we just stop getting distracted and wagon shos now plz
Yes Ma'am!

VOTE: SHOS!

Uh, 3 more ninjas. Uggh
In post 4862, Aristophanes wrote:VOTE: Shos
(Note that this is infact a double vote of 4448, without a change between, perhaps to add momentum).
In post 4987, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 4979, Bellaphant wrote:I hard disagree? Like, it shocked me to see saud had 150ish posts but all that's in my head when I think of them is that clown music? Da da dadada da da dada... Like, point me to some actual stances of theirs?
Hmm, I mean I see what you're saying but there's a tone that seems towny from it. I'm pretty sure I recall some content in there tho. I'll have to verify it.
In post 5355, Aristophanes wrote:@Bella
Spoiler: A Compendium of Saudade Townposts --
nested spoiler removed
In post 5380, Aristophanes wrote:I suppose it would have to be skitter and uh....Iunno on a third. Teacher comes to mind for some reason but it could easily just be a lurker at that point.

Without RC and assuming claims are legit, it has to be within {shos, Xtoxm, Bella, Flopz}
and I think Bella is most likely town there.

I have working townreads on almost every other player not within that pool
Note that, now that saudade slot has become a focus, that is the ONE and only slot to have moved out of his scum/null pools from

He does this until its clear the momentum is coming around onto Saudade, and he needs to be in a position to bus again, when he shows openness to the lynch while still trying to push others.
Spoiler: shift to bus
In post 5496, Aristophanes wrote:[snip first part of wall]
In post 5458, RadiantCowbells wrote:dude the posts you gave saudade a townread for are trivial to fake for even like mediocre scum. skitter gave him a townread for the dumbest shit. wtf?
I think they were townposts, especially when coupled with the average Saudade post. But good point I guess.
Bella asked for what I thought were his townposts, that was the entirety of the list. Like, it was exhaustive. It does not mean he couldn't be scum still lol
In post 5465, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 4117, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 4102, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Shos

Ico, Ari, let's get this game figured out.
/in =D

How can I help :)

I think we should leave Saudade around for the interim. Shos is a decent place to start though!
You've been saying this from here as well. Just... why?
At this point in the game ai thought I had found a mason partner crumb and didn't want to bring attention to the fact I believed his first post claim to be real. I've since dropped that belief.
In post 5466, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 4993, Aristophanes wrote:Saudade that is a very scummy post from you and I feel like you're shading the wagon.
What is wrong, in your eyes, with voting someone you think is scum while others you think are scum are on the wagon, Saudade?
This entire interaction being forgotten as well :(
Scummy post doesn't mean scum any more than a towny post means town lol
He is, at least, very upfront about the shade he is placing on the wagon and it gives equity to the Tris/Plum possibility.

RC I towncased him but that doesn't mean he's town. Hes still among the lowest tier of my townpile. But I think there are better lynch options to pursue first/slots that simply need more content so we can read and interact with them!

But I'd love to talk this out at some point :)
In post 5489, Saudade wrote:Honestly at this point it doesnt even matter if rc is scum or town the only way for us to move this game forward is to hang him
This is bad and you should feel bad.
In post 5481, Saudade wrote:I disregard the shos wagon completely and so should you because the guy havent posted anything besides an attempt to catch up

Well its impossible to catch up in shitfest, and theres only one player causing this shitfest.
I can only imagine what you did to my poor duck yesterday you filthy dress in black kill for money cow
Shos is within a very small PoE pool for many players. Their catchup from their scum pt was meh and they'd need to return and blow me away for this read to change.

The active players have proven tmenselves towny for the most part.

Were not in this situation because "lol Lynch the Lurkers zomg!" Were in this situation because town players have remained active and engaged while scum players have not. Did you not consider this?[/quote]Shade while pushing shos.
In post 5510, Aristophanes wrote:Xtoxm, Flopz, Shos.

We need posts by these players before we progress.

I don't need catchups necessarily, even just engaging with a player, an Iso, or like the past 15 pages would be awesome.

Please you three, I know your V/LAs are all ending soon! I know this thread is daunting! But we can't do anything properly until you get in here!
Stall/redirect as saudade gains momentum.

In all, the sequence ends with this:
In post 5848, Aristophanes wrote:VOTE: Saudade

Yeeting this vote out there
Giving Ari on-wagon cred while reason to get off if something else gains traction.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8022 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:49 am

Post by teacher »

In post 7685, skitter30 wrote:what were scum doing here-ish if it's ari/tris/plum?
I hadnt forgotten about this. I went back and read the context. Its already the RC and TW show. I dont think scum needed to do anything.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #8023 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:44 am

Post by Xtoxm »

i think thats really solid, teach
i'll explain my viewpoint in a bit
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8024 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by shos »

That's a very good association hunt there
not that I needed it to townread you, but if I hadn't, I now would.

@Ari: perhpas you can lnk us to the place where you thought there was a mason crumb?

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”