Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:32 am

Post by Replica »

Sparing been the right avenue for winning but it has absolutely not the right move for my sanity

I am learning this the hard way as I stare down into the abyss, the thought of actually being alive Day 4 with all 3 of Chemist/Nacho/Fark

I willingly voted to remove Sujimichi and Hectic from the game. I did this. I personally chose to do this.

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1647, Replica wrote:That kill makes no sense, I'm highkey mad it wasn't me, and this means another day of Cats (2019) for everybody.

I'm probably looking to spare Bingle today then lynch in Fark/Chemist/Nacho tomorrow.
Nah, we lynch today.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1649, Farkran wrote:Hectic quickhammering when we were waiting for Bingle to speak when he had just returned from a shortened V/LA is huge townpoints to bingle imo.
Not really. I was about to come in and talk about a game ending that supported nachos meta and I’m pretty sure Hectic knew that cause he was in said game.
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:42 am

Post by Replica »

listen buster your overtures are meaningless, resistance is futile
In post 1422, Replica wrote:there is only one spare that can bring us salvation, only one man that will save us, this man's name is bingle

he does not yet realize or accept his destiny, but he must be made to

over all protests, over all insistences that he may want to stay

#SPAREBINGLE

he's like jesus but better
you are going to the heaviside layer whether you like it or not
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

I think we fight today

If we hit scum, spare tomorrow
If we hit town, fight tomorrow
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Replica »

Oh goddamnit the spare people are actually outnumbered now

This is going to be a fun day oh boy
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Replica »

YEP DEFINITELY OUTNUMBERED

WELP
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Replica »

In post 1655, Chemist1422 wrote:I think we fight today

I get the first one I'm not really sure I follow you on the second, I can see it going either way.

Also, who do you actually want to fight/where are you at atm?
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:49 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 1658, Replica wrote:

I get the first one I'm not really sure I follow you on the second, I can see it going either way.

Also, who do you actually want to fight/where are you at atm?
Chemist
Farkran
Replica
Amrun
Chara
Bingle
Nacho
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Replica »

I actually need to more critically engage with Farkran's case on Hectic/Chara but my instinct has been deeply skeptical; Hectic's play as mentioned previously was perhaps flat and uninspired but his progressions+reads were fine and consistent. The quickspare was also something telegraphed very much beforehand.

Main projects for the day for me I guess are going to be get an updated+solid read on Chara, read Amrun, and doublecheck on Farkran. After end of day yesterday with Nacho I've really started to lose heart that he'll ever really show some fire for this game.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:19 am

Post by Bingle »

This is objectively the case.

If I'm put to Spare-1 I'd hammer, but we should be lynching today from a town perspective. We know D1 was a townspare, and D2 was likely a townspare in most people's eyes. However, if D2 was a scumspare then sparing another scum loses us the game. Routes 2 and 3 are the best routes, and lynching puts us in those routes exclusively.

Also, I'm available and have the time to read the whole game now, so I'll do that today/tomorrow. Honestly, I should have overnight because I knew I was going to be alive, but I played Arena instead.

To everyone confused by the Psyche kill, why?
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:14 am

Post by Replica »

I didn't think he had good reads and he was a scum candidate for I think everyone but Nacho and maybe Fark.

I went back and looked and he would have been an obstacle to Bingle/Nacho lynches, and was generally pro-spare. I don't think it was a bad kill for most teams-maybe not like, Fark/Nacho/Bingle combos, but almost anything else works-and for any teams that include Amrun it would be very strong. I don't think that says much about who likely did it as I would have liked.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:18 am

Post by Farkran »

This night kill was to be almost certainly in Psyche or Replica, the two most widely townread slots. Even if not the strongest townreads, pretty much no one was scumreading them by the end of d2. Psyche over Replica because Psyche reads could actually have a chance to be correct, although they probably needed some improvements.

3S/1F is ideal for scum because they get to remove 2 people unflipped and we don't even get to know if there is scum among the spared or not - assuming we don't lynch scum today, that is.

2S/2F is still good for scum because Psyche gets to be the ninja killer and he's probably targeting Amrun in this scenario.

Uhm... i just realized that Amrun could be scum too, but it would be very short sighted of her to kill Psyche specifically n2 knowing that we were probably going for a lynch by removing 1 sparepusher, when they could instead kill Replica who would have surely shot me - and then remove Psyche n3 - for the same effect with less risk.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Replica »

I think it's worth noting that we do get to learn the flips from 3S/1F, it's just a bit delayed. We have a chance to lose before we see it (Scum spare+two town lynches), but we have some mechanical guarantees built in for us.

Lynch scum, spare scum=We know that scum is one of the two non-FN spares, as the game is not over.
Lynch town, spare town/scum=We'll learn after the Day 5 lynch whether a scum was in a spare or was removed.

One of the removals in a 3-spare will be the FN, so the other we learn by default unless they want to remove an unclear for the ambiguity.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I agree.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1640, Farkran wrote:>"farkran is too stubborn"

>Literally everyone else in this game fails to reconsider the most obviously scummy interactions around a general consensus townread slot when the ONLY one pushing hectic is me and you are ALSO townreading me. I'm sure that scum is just afk and throwing, because that's all that any scum that ever existed is capable of doing.

Good luck sparing the slot who is townreaded by everyone
Yes, you are absolutely being stubborn. You're complaining about everyone else in the game having a townread that you don't share and complaining about them not reassessing when everyone else in the game having a single townread and you refusing to listen to the possibility of it being correct. This is the definition of stubbornness and the fact that you are being so angsty to the degree that you are means that you are losing the respect of the playerlist as a whole which means that if you are onto something with your scumreads then no one's going to listen to you. I've said it before, but stop reading to respond. Take a step back and make sure that you're actually listening to people.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:33 am

Post by Replica »

In post 1663, Farkran wrote:Uhm... i just realized that Amrun could be scum too, but it would be very short sighted of her to kill Psyche specifically n2 knowing that we were probably going for a lynch by removing 1 sparepusher, when they could instead kill Replica who would have surely shot me - and then remove Psyche n3 - for the same effect with less risk.
I don't get what you're saying here. Assuming I'll keep tunneling you if it's TvT is a solid bet from scum PoV. Psyche was skeptical of Amrun and protective of you.

There would be little reason to keep Psyche over me for Scumrun, or for literally anyone if this is hypothetically TvT.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1, popsofctown wrote: 3 players spared: The mafia immediately removes two players from the game without flipping them and must choose a mafiosi if no mafia was spared.
@pops Scum can remove people from the Spared list too?

I assumed they could only remove from the unspared ... but it's true that it isn't specified. In other cases, it is specified whether an effect can target unspared only (i.e. S1/F3) or spared and unspared alike (the kill from 2S/2F). Can you clarify?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:36 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 1651, Replica wrote:Sparing been the right avenue for winning but it has absolutely not the right move for my sanity

I am learning this the hard way as I stare down into the abyss, the thought of actually being alive Day 4 with all 3 of Chemist/Nacho/Fark

I willingly voted to remove Sujimichi and Hectic from the game. I did this. I personally chose to do this.

This post killed me.

Yas bitch. That’s what I’ve been saying all game!!
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:36 am

Post by Replica »

I asked back when I was first calculating EVs, they can.

It'd be a completely dominant town strategy to three spare if they couldn't.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:37 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1669, Amrun wrote:his post killed me.

Who are the two people you're willing to lynch today?

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 1667, Replica wrote:
In post 1663, Farkran wrote:Uhm... i just realized that Amrun could be scum too, but it would be very short sighted of her to kill Psyche specifically n2 knowing that we were probably going for a lynch by removing 1 sparepusher, when they could instead kill Replica who would have surely shot me - and then remove Psyche n3 - for the same effect with less risk.
I don't get what you're saying here. Assuming I'll keep tunneling you if it's TvT is a solid bet from scum PoV. Psyche was skeptical of Amrun and protective of you.

There would be little reason to keep Psyche over me for Scumrun, or for literally anyone if this is hypothetically TvT.

Yes but from the perspective of me, who is town, it is a bit bananas.

The only thought I have is nacho seemed very hellbent on townreading him in a way that would have been difficult to reverse. Probably Bingle too. Idk. That’s weak.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:41 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 1671, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1669, Amrun wrote:his post killed me.

Who are the two people you're willing to lynch today?
Bingle, preferably. Maybe you next? Ugh. I need to re-examine second slot because it doesn’t feel right.

Probably Farkran next actually.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Replica »

Oh, I see, Fark is thinking ahead to the shot for 2S/2F rather than just the lynches. That makes sense now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”