Mafia 616 - Roleplaying Mafia - GAME OVER!

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:59 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

I just noticed that my early posts went from first-person, and my later posts shifted to third-person. I'll go back to first-person and try to stick with it.

I wave my hand in front of Zilla's face, but she just sits there.
Perhaps she will give a delayed response while I'm talking to somebody else. Stranger things have happened.

Hint: I still want a response, but if you're not going to respond in a timely manner I'm not just going to have my character sit there blankly waiting for you. How will you role-play a response? No clue whatsoever. That's a big problem with this game; it really only works when all of the characters are available for a fluid conversation. I personally think this is a failed experiment for a game, although the concept was intriguing.

I stand up again while slowly backing away from the mute Zilla, and approach Gabby. "So," I say. "A copper for your thoughts."
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:55 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Ack. When did you post this? -must have missed it-

Zilla snapped out of her trance like state - she had been meditating for the longest while, and could vaguely hear the echoes of a voice. Had someone been talking to her? She blinked, seeing a man move away from her - the conversation was fresh in her mind. "Both of them also want to gain as much power as they can. Other then money, what other reason could a rat have to do what he does?"
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:29 am

Post by The Fonz »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:I'm still a bit struggling with wanting to roleplay through this game. I see now that only, or mainly, roleplaying will not get us anywhere, because it's a bit restrictive in what you can get across regarding thoughts, suspicions, etc.
The way I always thought this game would be, was that it would be basically a mostly mute game, but with RPing rather than Haikus or mime or whatever as the medium by which players would convey information. Hence the thinking Selande's play was ooc with representing a random vote.

As Hiram finished off his second beer, he mused to himself. That Doron character's ridiculous antics [ It's the omgus as much as anything] were still the best lead he had to go on, he thought. Why would you just accuse someone like that, if you didn't have any reason for it? It made his brain hurt thinking about it. And why had Eldred chosen to basically ignore it? Maybe he was giving the old fella too much credit, Hiram thought. Maybe he was just too doggone drunk to notice.

But he couldn't help but be disconcerted by Theo Faast's behaviour, as well.
Tha' young varmint 'jus' seems t'want t'be e-very-thin' to e-very-body. Ah'm surprised he hasn't gotten splinters in his ass, from the amount a' fence-sittin' he's doin.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:49 am

Post by mneme »

Deshaun puts down his drink for a moment. "I'm no danger to any, certainly not to the king, may he long live. Life's treated me badly, but that's no cause for me to act badly in return. I've no wish to harm any man or woman, however badly men and woman have treated me.

"Still, if there are traitors among us, perhaps they are those quickest to point fingers, not their targets. Elthred, you seem to know an awful lot about traitors."

FOS: Elthred
Did I say too much?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:07 am

Post by M4yhem »

Eldred shakes his head and laughs harshly.

"Ridiculous!" he snaps, glaring at Deshaun; "I know nothing about these traitor except that if we don't find them, we'll are be killed. I simply think that doing something is better than sitting here and letting ourselves rot. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need another drink."

And so, he stumbles over to the bar and orders the same again. After fumbling about with his coins for a while, he takes his drink and swallows it all in one go.

"Seems to me there's a lot of talking going on. Haven't you noticed our time is running out? Why don't you do something?"
Selande
Selande
Goon
Selande
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Selande »

Norton Fylbrigg - the redhead with the many books has observed intensely, He casted a vote on Hiram Buehler because he didn't like his reason for suspecting Doron. Meanwhile he has retracted this vote. When nothing much happens, Norton drops his passivity and tries to engage others in the proceedings.
Fylbrigg doesn't seem too suspicious for now.

Gabby Knisely came late into the inn. The beautiful woman seemed to be sick. She hasn't contributed anything to the discussion yet.
Gabby seems very ill. Maybe she's desperate. Desperate people sometimes do desperate things.

Zilla Baldwin - the strange girl from the woods has tried to strike friendly conversations with a few people.
I barley noticed Zilla all day.

Autumn Bauerle seems to have tried to honestly assess the character of her fellow travelers.
Autumn - she carries this picture with her. I think she is on my side.

Theo Faast is another one who hasn't said too much yet. Still, he seems to watch closely and try to form his opinions.
This guy - Theo Faast - has been remarkably restrained all day. I don't have any points against him.
Doron Mackendoerfer
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:05 am

Post by L »

Deadline is tomorrow, we should vote someone now.

Vote: Curiouskarmadog

"It looks like Zacharias is taking a nap, we need to get going though. Time is running out, and we don't have time to wait. We need answers now."
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:40 am

Post by TDC »

I doubt he'll answer soon, he's narcoleptic.

a.k.a. announced V/LA.
Having said that, I'm sorry for neglecting this game in the past week. (Although it seems I'm by far not alone in doing that).
If I understand the deadline rules right, four votes are needed for a lynch tomorrow. ckd is on three, and some others are on one.

Autumn turns to Eldred and Dan:

What is it that makes you think Zacharias is suspicious? Look at him, he'd probably fall asleep while trying to murder one of us!

I acknowledge that a lurker lynch is better than no lynch, so I would add my vote if it was needed tomorrow (when does the deadline strike, btw?), but with the amount of lurkers in this game (me included :/) - why him?
Selande
Selande
Goon
Selande
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Selande »

"Dan, Eldred: Why are you voting for Zacharias?"

curiouskarmadog wrote:OK posting this in all of my threads..

going to be gone (at the most very light posting) between 07/13 until 07/21 for a vacation.

mod wants me to try to stick with this...will try to pick it back up when I get back.

Ok, my position on ooc-talk/roleplaying:
I think this game needs ooc-talk to work Many reasons for this. For example, it's difficult to impossible to react to thoughts and descriptions in character. Another reason: character goals are not necessarily identical to player goals. For Doron, his own survival is more important than for me as player - my main goal is victory for my team.

Pooky wrote:I am not going to use any knowledge my character would not otherwise have in my voting/character action due to my wish to play within the spirit of the game.

FOS Pooky
- I find this stance anti-town.

To the things The Fonz accuses me of:
1. "softclaiming"
If I really were scum softclaiming an investigation role, I would have either forgotten that this was a day-start game (like all minis I've read here) or I would have tried to claim a role with an investigation during the day - not a too common role. OR I'm telling the truth and this was just a random vote. Fonz, would you also have been suspicious if I had added an ooc-comment saying "this is a random vote"?

What I did was trying to give hints through RPing and in the flavor text:
My first post wrote:When Gabby addresses him he stares at her for a few seconds, then slowly recedes a few steps and begins humming a nursery rhyme.

Startled by Eldred Hurst's prolcamation Doron stops his humming. "You!" he screams. "You are the one who wants t... who is the traitor!"

Vote: Eldred Hurst

My second post wrote:"Well, pretty girl, let me tell you a secret" he whispers. "THEY told me." "Besides," he continues with normal voice "he's trying to assume control - don't you think that is suspicious? No? Are you perhaps on his side?"

But the tall guy, he wants to see me dead!

"Enee menee minee mo"

Unvote, Vote: Hiram Buehler

The Fonz wrote: I don't really think there's any character, with the possible exception of a batshit insane one, with which it is appropriate to represent a random vote like that.

Not batshit, no.

The Fonz wrote:So what you're saying is, you don't think you were doing something scummy? Shocker!

Well, if you are town, then what I did obviously seemed scummy to you. But you're apparent lack to even consider my explanations and to take the whole of my RPing into account makes me think you are scum trying to get me lynched.

How convinced are you that I'm scum?
A lot of people haven't contributed too much and are difficult to judge.

2. My OMGUS-vote on you.
Yes it was one. I even said it in the post I voted: Hiram wanted to see Doron dead, so Doron voted him back in turn. But I guess if you didn't believe that I was random voting by roleplaying the first time, you won't believe it here. Why my vote is still on you I explained above.
Doron Mackendoerfer
Selande
Selande
Goon
Selande
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by Selande »

Mod, could you please prod ABR and Pooky to remind them of the deadline?
Doron Mackendoerfer
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

been busy, forgot about this, mostly because its hard to roleplay with flakers, kinda annoyed with where this is going, but i know i have myself to blame, casting a deadline vote

vote CKD
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:57 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Third Vote Count of Day 1:

curiouskarmadog/Zacharias Lord [4] - (WeyounsLastClone/Theo Faast, M4yhem/Eldred Hurst, L/Dan Lester, PookyTheMagicalBear/Gabby Knisely)

Selande/Doron Mackendoerfer [1] - (The Fonz/Hiram Buehler)
The Fonz/Hiram Buehler [1] - (Selande/Doron Mackendoerfer)
petroleumjelly/Norton Fylbrigg [1] - (Albert B. Rampage/Gloria Berkheimer)

12 alive, 7 to lynch

Deadline will pass sometime late tonight, probably close to midnight.
Permanent V/LA.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:50 am

Post by mneme »

Mod: Deadline = NO LYNCH?
Did I say too much?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:52 am

Permanent V/LA.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:39 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Vote CKD, then. :/
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:34 am

8 1/2 hours until deadline.
Permanent V/LA.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:35 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

well, sorry to let this game down Mod..

town, I think some information can be learned from my lynch..for example..who pushed my lynch based on "him being gone" or "lurking", versus actual scummy reason...anyway, good luck town.

and I will claim too...I am an inventor of sorts (I think)..I can create creatures (though I have no clue what they do once I create them)..one of you is my assistant (though I dont know their alignment), but I wont provide the name, just in case they can take up my work once I am gone...

I wont have time to post again before deadline..good luck, town..again sorry, to let this game go...I tried to get a replacement before I wnet on vacation.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:16 am

Post by mneme »

Ah. Missed the subclause of rule 5.

"Hell, I'm not going to kick an inventor out into the cold! If we must eliminate someone, how about Lester? He seems to keep accusing people and then going to sleep; it's almost like he doesn't care!"

Vote: L/Lester

Did I say too much?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:22 pm

About 40 minutes remaining...
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:23 pm

For the record, any actions that happen before I manage to close the thread will count, unless a full majority lynch is reached first, at which point further votes will not count.
Permanent V/LA.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Damn...very little content in all this time. But at least we didn't no-lynch.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:00 am

Post by mneme »

Albert, please post your OOC comments in tags.

Deshaun looks at Gloria. "We haven't kicked anyone out yet. So you're willing to let an inventor get killed and do nothing to pick another target? Seems unsporting."

unvote
vote: Albert Rampage

Day ain't over yet.
Did I say too much?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:21 am

Post by M4yhem »

We haven't got a chance of getting anyone else on four votes by the end of today and I really hate no-lynch so bye karma dog

Eldred looks at Doron and Autumn and shrugs his shoulders. "It seems to me that even when Zach does speak, he says nothing useful. And I can't help wondering if that shyness is him covering for something. It's not much, but it's the best we've got.

Barkeep, give me another one and don't put any water in this time unless you want a broken arm."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:37 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

mneme wrote:Deshaun looks at Gloria. "We haven't kicked anyone out yet. So you're willing to let an inventor get killed and do nothing to pick another target? Seems unsporting."

unvote
vote: Albert Rampage

Day ain't over yet.
"And just what would you have me do ? Follow your example ?"
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:14 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

M4yhem wrote:We haven't got a chance of getting anyone else on four votes by the end of today and I really hate no-lynch so bye karma dog
note this comment tomorrow please...he doesnt care if I am scummy or not.,just that I should be the lynch.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”