Goon
TrueSoulHustler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:15 am

Post by TrueSoulHustler »

Actually you know what.
Amrun’s Town Read seems played.
Ok so Assuming Uncrowned And Amrun are buddies.

Amrun is Grey or Black Flag
And Uncrowned is White.

They put them into their town Reads to try and wave it off.
Or vice versa.

Uncrowned is Grey or Black Flag And Amrun is White.

Amrun wants to avoid their buddy being lynched today, as they hope to get a miss lynch on me.

Furthermore, VOTE: Uncrowned
If this is Grey or Black Flag I want Amrun lynch immediately without hesitation.
I think Amrun is scum here.
No ones willing to vote them.
So If I can’t vote them I’ll vote the person who has the highest chance on being their scum buddy.

-TSE
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:18 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 820, Looker wrote:
In post 704, Amrun wrote:I don’t have a read on rooroo at all. I don’t mind lunching there but I don’t really want to, either. TSH is much better.
I wouldn't lunch at TSH; I heard they don't wash their lettuce.
In post 711, rooroo wrote:As the black flag mafia.
I have no such Fears.
But I'm inclined to wonder.
Why the townspeople are so confident that TSH is not the Black flag mafia.
Lynching a very widely scumread top poster.
Who could almost deterministically be getting himself lynched.
By a combination of not writing very readable posts and brute force.
On day 1.
Seems like a questionable course of action lol.
Perhaps we should instead be lynching Nullscums with antitown behavior.
Such as myself.
I admire the WIFOM - that's the way mafia is supposed to be played. Well done.
In post 773, Uncrowned wrote:
Page 24:
Looker pops in and explains. It’s sort of low effort, but fits with his whole thing of not liking D1s. Idk. I just don’t really like it. There were other people who weren’t voting at the time that didn’t get Looker’s attention, but Rooroo did. Why? Why did Looker put his vote there? That’s what I want to know. Especially since, as I’ve said, he didn’t bring up those other two people not voting (Pink Ball and Clidd).
Rooroo was under the radar. Pink Ball called attention to himself by posting in Temmie. Clidd was gaining attention by posting in academia.
In post 778, Uncrowned wrote:
I doubt a wagon can get done on Looker by this day phase, but I suggest we push that slot tomorrow.

Going to check what the vote count is and then move my vote.
It'll have more conviction if you add why.

• Thank you for the pass, Cat Scratch.
  • @Skygazer: Because they were nondescript.
Spoiler:
TrueSoulHustler (4):
Hectic, Amrun, AaronFrost, clidd
rooroo (3):
Looker, Uncrowned, woodchuck321
Uncrowned (2):
Cat Scratch Fever, Rooroo
Skygazer (1) :
Blatant Scum
Amrun (1):
TrueSoulHustler
Blatant Scum (1):
Skygazer (Creature)

not voting: Pink Ball
{amrun/rooroo | TSH | uncrowned/AaronFrost | Woodchuck/Pink Ball/Skygazer/Blatant}
That’s actually a good point about PB, but how was clidd drawing attention to himself by “speaking academia?”

He was just speaking slightly more formal English than is colloquial because English is not his primary language. That read makes no sense.
In post 824, TrueSoulHustler wrote:
In post 818, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 816, Amrun wrote:Cool, Uncrowned is town too.
Why?
They don’t elaborate their reads like this.
You should know that.

Like I’m telling you all Amrun usually explains their reads before announcing them or voting.
They aren’t doing that here.

-TSE
Thanks for ignoring the fact that my next post 20 seconds later was that I was CURRENTLY AT A FUNERAL and therefore had no time to post more.

I have been pretty transparent with my reads IMO, minus that Uncrowned one.

For Uncrowned, I just liked their re-read. It didn’t feel like they had an agenda. They were seeing what shook out and giving it a go. They didn’t end up with great results but they tried. I did that myself as town in Guns N’ Roses 3. It’s just a towny thing to do.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:22 am

Post by Looker »

In post 826, Amrun wrote:That’s actually a good point about PB, but how was clidd drawing attention to himself by “speaking academia?”

He was just speaking slightly more formal English than is colloquial because English is not his primary language. That read makes no sense.
In post 333, clidd wrote:
In post 330, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:damn clidd, do you work in academia or something?
Privacidad.
It wasn't a read - it was an explanation as to why I found rooroo to be more under the radar than clidd. Sorry for your loss.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 827, Looker wrote:
In post 826, Amrun wrote:That’s actually a good point about PB, but how was clidd drawing attention to himself by “speaking academia?”

In post 333, clidd wrote:
In post 330, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:damn clidd, do you work in academia or something?
Privacidad.
It wasn't a read - it was an explanation as to why I found rooroo to be more under the radar than clidd. Sorry for your loss.
Ok maybe I misunderstood - are you not TR PB and clidd?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Looker »

I wouldn't say that I'm TR anyone right now - I just feel certain flips would be more beneficial than Pink Ball's at the moment. I haven't even considered a clidd flip.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

Is here anyone in particular you would love seeing me to have a read on?
Don’t forget about how when I asked him for a link to his scumgame, he linked THIS game. - Pyrrha Nikos
He usually never puts effort into reads like that, which does sometimes get him scumread, but since he was on an alt and we didn't know his meta, I can see CL!him making reads as an exception since he knows he'll probably be scumread otherwise.
-Hectic
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Looker »

Reads you offer of your own volition help me in sorting you for the future.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

And in my own volition, I asked you if there is someone you would prefer to be read by me earlier.
Don’t forget about how when I asked him for a link to his scumgame, he linked THIS game. - Pyrrha Nikos
He usually never puts effort into reads like that, which does sometimes get him scumread, but since he was on an alt and we didn't know his meta, I can see CL!him making reads as an exception since he knows he'll probably be scumread otherwise.
-Hectic
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

TSH and Uncrowned at popular topics at the moment
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Looker »

I thought of that as I typed the response. Touche. I could use some sorting of Woodchuck (rb), Pink Ball, Skygazer (Creature),
and Blatant Scum
. Also, AaronFrost vs Uncrowned and rooroo vs Amrun.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 773, Uncrowned wrote:
Page 1-2:
Nothing of note to me, really.

Page 3:
TSH asks me if I normally vote for someone during my first post of the game. Not a terrible question, but feels kinda… meaningless.

Page 4:
I like Cat picking up on TSH saying Looker’s Post 16 is a townie post. I didn’t really get that vibe from it. In fact, looking back at it, it seems kind of like filler. I didn’t see anyone really rushing anything? Lol. Aaron then points out Blatant saying he doesn’t want to rush in, and then voting immediately, but now that I’ve seen the context of it? Eh, it does look like a joke. For me, that interaction is NAI for Blatant, and slight town points for Aaron for being proactive.

Page 5:
Cat pointing out Aaron not voting for Blatant after making a weird post is good. RB brings up that Pink Ball is the only player really memeing but not also “playing the game” which I somewhat agree with. She thinks CSF + Hectic are town early on. I’m a bit more hesitant on Hectic, but I can kinda see where she’s coming from.

Page 6:
Kinda zoned out on this one, not gonna lie. Guess I liked Aaron’s posts the most on it, though? Everyone else was sorta meh.

Page 7:
Rooroo and co. joking around, it seems. The only real thing of note here to me is Hectic’s vote on Aaron, accompanied by a question. I think that’s a solid move, considering Aaron hadn’t voted elsewhere yet at this point, I believe. Man, why do I even do this analysis stuff I can’t even remember what happened a few pages ago. -.-

Page 8:
Mmm. Looker voting Amrun and saying they’re ready to start reading? That’s interesting, considering Looker hasn’t seemed willing to drop too many reads throughout the rest of the day. That’s only by memory though, I’ll have to see if they actually do start to read as I go through these pages. Amrun says that RB is an early townread for her, which is exactly my thoughts after rereading. Pink Ball says Clidd’s entry is newbscum like, which I also agree with now that he brings it up. Clidd then pops in to dismiss this claim, and then asks other people for reads? Huh. I don’t know about that. RB dismisses the timing of Clidd’s return, so yeah, fair. But Clidd asking for reads still threw me off a bit. Pink Ball seems to want a genuine interaction here with RB towards the end of this page.

Page 9:
I like Hectic’s Post 203, even though I don’t agree with some of the stuff (Blatant as a townlean and Amrun as a nullscum, I think they’re both closer to null at this point) but there’s logic there and some stuff I do see. Feels like a townie post. Some Clidd stuff I find interesting, but more tonally wise than anything. Seems cool, calm, collected. No real urgency to defend themself.

Page 10:
Cat votes on TSH, this has trajectory after she’d interacted with the slot. Makes sense. Follows up by saying he doesn’t follow TSH’s reads, which I also agree with. Think this might be where the PB/RB conflict kicks off, also?

Page 11:
TSH seems to be waffling here, if you ask me. The explanations aren’t all that great and it comes off as someone trying to come up with reasons for why they said something they didn’t really believe in. RB explains why Clidd’s timing of activity and his alignment should have no correlation. I like the defense, plus I don’t see a reason for RB to go out of their way to do this. However, I do agree with the general sentiment of PB that Clidd’s first post was off, although the others have been okay up until this point.

So far out of these 3, I’m getting +town from Pink Ball and RB, and still null on Clidd.

Looker jumps in, says he’s narrowing his votes to Amrun, Aaron and Rooroo… but doesn’t explain why at all. Not even something small. Not sure what to make of that. It seems low effort, but low effort reading early D1 is something I’ve mislynched someone over before. I’ll reserve judgement for now.

So RB/PB conflict is getting started here. I agree with Pink’s sentiment that RB is sort of singling him out about content, considering at this point… yeah, there wasn’t a whole heap of being content being thrown out from other slots outside of maybe CSF and TSH for the most part. Maybe something to keep in mind considering that RB is ignoring Rooroo and Clidd’s lack of content? I feel like Pink’s response to RB here is the exact type of response I’d make to being called out in that manner.

Page 12:
I remember this being the original Amrun pushed that made me like her slot. In hindsight, it’s not that huge of a move from her and shouldn’t carry so much weight with me, but I still generally like the concept behind it. TSH votes her back almost immediately, which I don’t really like. I don’t see TSH’s belief that Amrun was being opportunistic there, the vote made sense to me.

Looker jumps in again and has ruled out Aaron, leaving it between Amrun and Rooroo. Again, no real explanation. Why does he vote Rooroo for not voting, while there are two other slots who haven’t done so? The other two slots who hadn’t voted at this point where Pink Ball and Clidd, but they had put in more game related content. So, this sort of looks like the “path of least resistance” vote. Hectic with some decent posts here too regarding TSH and his defensiveness + reads.

Page 13:
I generally disagree with RB and Aaron’s reasoning for thinking PB is scummy here. I don’t think they’re *bad* reads or anything, perse. I could see a world where I think PB is acting a bit off, but I don’t know, I’m not really feeling it here. Might be a tonal thing. Howeeevveeerr, PB now revoting Clidd after being called out for the unvote? That was a bit jarring. CSF calls me out here, I don’t mind it. My only post outside of my original vote was pretty blunt.

Page 14:
Interesting page. CSF disagrees with Amrun about TSH being defensive, but I actually do think TSH was being defensive. Here, we have to consider that Amrun was the latest vote on the wagon, so that’s the one that’s going to apply the most pressure. Amrun’s vote here is the one that matters most, not anyone else's, so to me, that’s the one TSH would naturally be the most defensive towards. I hope I’m making sense here.

RB does bring up a point that makes me hesitate about TSH in general, though. I have come across a few players who have that sort of posting style and tone that can easily make them LHF. If I take a step back and decide to see TSH as being the kind of player who just goes off what they’re thinking without much review or analysis, I can see them not being scum and Scum!Amrun pushing the LHF here. The thing is, I’m not sure which one is more plausible here.

At this point of my reading, I’m leaning towards a TSH flip just since I’m thinking Amrun/TSH is likely to be a TvS situation in my eyes, one way or the other. I’m just more confident in Amrun at this point in time.

Page 15:
CSF +town here just for being concerned about the gamestate and how we don’t seem to be progressing quickly enough. There’s a good sense of urgency there. Scum doesn’t bring that up imo.

Pink Ball aggressive with post 363 here, and honestly? I kinda like it. Given everything else I’ve taken note of, I don’t really think it’s accurate, but to me? It appears to be a townie thought process. After all, I did agree with PB’s initial reaction to Clidd’s opener.

Page 16:
Clidd giving me some major anime villain vibes here lmao. I love it. CSF brings up my posting, which I can see from a town POV. I like the interaction between CSF/RB, seems like two townies discussing reads naturally, imo.

Page 17:
Roo votes TSH here. Huh? I thought she liked TSH? Maybe I’m misremembering. These rereads are grueling. I’ll have to ISO here sometime after this.

Page 18 to 21:
This is the majority of RB vs. PB, and I can see both sides of this argument, tbh. PB’s points on Hectic are there, and I don’t think they’re too far stretched. Plus, the general thought of a slot replacing out in this manner just screams town to me anyway. The last time I saw a blow up and replace out like that, it turned out to be a town slot. So yeah, a little biased, but I’ve generally liked RB’s posting anywhere.

As for PB, I kind of see myself reacting in the same manner to RB here, honestly. Do I think he comes out here slightly worse than RB? Yeah, a little. To RB’s point, his only real interactions up until now have been with herself and Clidd, but I think RB wasn’t being fair in pointing out that a big reason for this was her being the one to push on PB in the first place, and for dismissing his Clidd argument.

I think the most likely scenario here is TvT.

Page 22:
Okay, Clidd’s post 548. I gave him town points for this upon first reading a few days ago, since it was a high effort post. Is it just me, or does he sort of prove PB’s point about his opening post being scummy with the two town games he linked about himself? If anything, that’s extremely different from the ways Clidd has entered during his town games.

Also, if we really get down to it here, Clidd is pretty much fence-sitting.. I came to a similar conclusion as he did about the whole conflict, sure. But the difference is… he hasn’t got any other scum reads, or has shown any real form of scum hunting up until this point. This is subject to change as I keep reading, but something to keep note of.

Page 23:
Clidd makes it seem like a vote on TSH isn’t valuable… and then does it anyway? This kind of makes me paranoid about what I just brought up. Seems really low effort.

Page 24:
I don’t agree with TSH calling Amrun’s vote on the top wagon opportunistic. The idea that voting on the top wagon prevents you from being scum-read is mindboggling to me. If anything, wagon analysis and vote analysis is something I see quite a few players use, so voting on the top wagon, especially early game, can be bad for scum if they don’t do it smartly.

Ooft, Hectic noticing what I just saw about Looker removing Aaron from his vote pool without explanation. I like it.

Looker pops in and explains. It’s sort of low effort, but fits with his whole thing of not liking D1s. Idk. I just don’t really like it. There were other people who weren’t voting at the time that didn’t get Looker’s attention, but Rooroo did. Why? Why did Looker put his vote there? That’s what I want to know. Especially since, as I’ve said, he didn’t bring up those other two people not voting (Pink Ball and Clidd).

Page 25:
Sort of feel like this is all stuff I’ve touched on before.

Same goes for the following pages, really. This is all more recent stuff that’s more fresh in my mind.

I will be posting a reads list shortly.
Oh, god.
-Hectic
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by Blatant Scum »

I don't know.
Uncrowned seems like a prototype of obvtown player.
Why is he being scumreaded?
-Hectic
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:07 pm

Post by Blatant Scum »

[quote]Board Index › Queue › Completed Open Games › Mafia Games › The Road to Rome › Completed Newbie Games › Completed Mini Normal Games › Completed Mini Theme Games › Completed Large Theme Games › Completed Marathon Games › Completed Blitz Games › Team Mafia 2020 › Completed Signups › Blitz Games Trial (Closed) › Central Park[quote]
It's me or mafiascum is broken?
-Hectic
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by Blatant Scum »

Board Index › Queue › Completed Open Games › Mafia Games › The Road to Rome › Completed Newbie Games › Completed Mini Normal Games › Completed Mini Theme Games › Completed Large Theme Games › Completed Marathon Games › Completed Blitz Games › Team Mafia 2020 › Completed Signups › Blitz Games Trial (Closed) › Central Park
-Hectic
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by clidd »

Im back, I'll take a look at what I missed.
TrueSoulHustler
TrueSoulHustler
Goon
TrueSoulHustler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by TrueSoulHustler »

In post 838, Blatant Scum wrote:
Board Index › Queue › Completed Open Games › Mafia Games › The Road to Rome › Completed Newbie Games › Completed Mini Normal Games › Completed Mini Theme Games › Completed Large Theme Games › Completed Marathon Games › Completed Blitz Games › Team Mafia 2020 › Completed Signups › Blitz Games Trial (Closed) › Central Park
Broken.

-TSE
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:27 pm

In post 836, Blatant Scum wrote:I don't know.
Uncrowned seems like a prototype of obvtown player.
Why is he being scumreaded?
I think most of it is in my ISO

Why is he obvtown?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:29 pm

Sites very broken, and Central Park won’t even show up for me most of the time.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by clidd »

@Pinkball
, are you truly sure about your case regarding my behavior ? if so, who are my partner in your opinion ?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by clidd »

@Hectic
I hoped that you would be able to distinguish the discrepancy between this game and my others earlier. In fact, what do you think about the substitutions in my only two games as scum ?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by clidd »

@TrueSoulHustler
I remember the two games that you flipped
scum
. In both, your number of posts has always been in the top 3, characterized by high activity (TSE). What would differentiate this game from your behavioral pattern ?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 829, Looker wrote:I wouldn't say that I'm TR anyone right now - I just feel certain flips would be more beneficial than Pink Ball's at the moment. I haven't even considered a clidd flip.
How can you not be TR anyone?

Struggling to understand this from a town perspective.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

@Cat

I ended with Clidd as weak town because, although I agree with PB that the opener was kinda scummy, and the lack of scumhunting, he's still shown flashes of effort that *seem* townie. For instance, I ended up agreeing with the towncasing he gave of both PB/RB and I think if he were scum, he could've taken a much different route to handle that situation.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Looker »

That's an insulting and baselessly rhetorical question. Make an assertion - are you saying that I'm scum? Otherwise, your assessment of my play is subjective.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 848, Looker wrote:That's an insulting and baselessly rhetorical question. Make an assertion - are you saying that I'm scum? Otherwise, your assessment of my play is subjective.
I think not having a townread on anyone at this point in the game is scummy in a vacuum.

I haven’t decided if you’re scum yet. I was trying to engage you.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Return to “Completed Open Games”