TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:35 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

I don't think either side of the manito-faerie lord, and then the koc-faerie lord, debate, has a lot of merit. I definitely understand the "some players need to be lynched regardless of alignment, and if they're scum so much the better" line of argument. I'm not sure I would have put forbiddanlight in that category, but I see where he's coming from.

I'm going to go with my day 1 instincts and
Vote: killa seven.

NINE TEN ELEVEN O CLOCK TWELVE O CLOCK ROCK

FaerieLord - 4 (SpyreX, Manito, Corinthian, Knight of Cydonia)
armlx - 2 (Firestarter, LaptopGun)
killa seven - 2 (CF Riot, TheSweatpantsNinja)
Manito - 1 (FaerieLord)
LlamaFluff - 1 (Firestarter)
Firestarter - 1 (armlx)
Corinthian - 1 (LlamaFluff)
LaptopGun - 1 (Bogre)

Not Voting - Joubert, killa seven, BlckKnght

15, 8.

-Mod
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:26 am

Post by FaerieLord »

KoC wrote:Your only defence is "I disagree", and "other people have done it". That doesn't make it right. And I'll say it again - "It's my meta" is not a defence. Meta is the most WIFOM-friendly scum-tool in the game.
What should my defence be then? You said it's scummy, I said I disagree and showed you that I'm not the only one that thinks that way. Also, when you start playing against players better than me, meta will be the most useful tool you'll have. Do you think good players slip often? No, but even good players change their playstyle, even if they don't want to, as scum. I can only think of one person I played with that doesn't (Primate). So saying Meta is a scum tool is entirely naive.
KoC wrote:but I'm suspicious of anyone who defends themselves by claiming that scummy behavior is their meta.
But you fail to realise, that me saying that forbiddan lynching was needed was not scummy behaviour in my eyes. Some lynches must be done. Stop hoping for the best. It ain't happening.

Just because someone disagrees with you, it does not mean they are scum.
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:48 am

Post by SpyreX »

I think my problems with this whole meta discussion are very simple.

Meta's (and WIFOM) aren't inherently bad. There are situations where they exist. However, they should not and are not valid defenses. Hiding behind a meta in any fahsion is scummy play.
But you fail to realise, that me saying that forbiddan lynching was needed was not scummy behaviour in my eyes. Some lynches must be done. Stop hoping for the best. It ain't happening.
There was at least one other player that said they felt the lynch needed to go through regardless of alignment - a bold statement and partially worrisome, but that doesn't bother me. The fact you felt the lynch needed to go through, said you would hammer it, but never voted for it is what gets me. The sidelines cheering on of what, as you've said, you felt was a towny REGARDLESS of the reason is the giant red flag.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:08 am

Post by FaerieLord »

SpyreX wrote:The fact you felt the lynch needed to go through, said you would hammer it, but never voted for it is what gets me.
I was in the game for 3 days. I wasn't directly involved in the forbiddan case. I wasn't going to just pop in and vote. Sure, putting my money were my mouth is would have been better, especially after making bold statements, and to that extent you may be right that it is a scummy action, I'll give you that, but saying that someone is scummy for "staying in the sidelines" for 3 days, where I could have just lurked until the day was over, and posted afterwords, is kinna meh.

If I really wanted to avoid getting my hands dirty, I could have done just that, and no one would notice for three days.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

But you fail to realise, that me saying that forbiddan lynching was needed
was not scummy behaviour in my eyes.
Some lynches must be done. Stop hoping for the best. It ain't happening.
Whether it was scummy in your eyes or not doesn't count. It looks incredibly scummy in my eyes, and in 3 other people's as well.
What should my defence be then?
Erm, maybe try posting some actual evidence in your favour, rather than using PBPA's as a whole case. Alternatively, look at the others who have displayed scummy behaviour, and put a good case together against them.
The only other person I find even vaguely scummy at this point is armlx, and he's at the least putting a case together that is half-way believable, and contains some real points both for himself as scum, and against other players.
Oh, and of course, there's killa seven.
Mod: please, either prod (Again...) or replace him. I beg you.

Until you either give me definite proof, other than a wall of one-line responses to my posts, or show me someone who has been more scummy today, my vote sticks.

Oh, and on this little statement:
Also, when you start playing against players better than me, meta will be the most useful tool you'll have. Do you think good players slip often? No, but even good players change their playstyle, even if they don't want to, as scum. I can only think of one person I played with that doesn't (Primate). So saying Meta is a scum tool is entirely naive.
I've played 24 games off-site and moderated 6 off-site, so I think it's fair to say: I've played against and with much better scum than you. And you're right, their play does change from game to game, usually. But not DAY TO DAY, which is what you've done.
Oh, and they don't try and excuse wanting to lynch town, either.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:10 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

killa seven has been prodded by request.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:13 am

Post by FaerieLord »

KoC wrote:But not DAY TO DAY, which is what you've done.
My playstyle has not changed! You are failing at judging playstyles badly. So you are ready to ignore the fact that I've said that my playstyle has been constant with other games I was in, but want to be all conclusive of my playstyle based on about 5 posts?
KoC wrote:Oh, and they don't try and excuse wanting to lynch town, either.
Matjoeman ain't a bad player. Good players will lynch town as town on purpose.
KoC wrote:I've played 24 games off-site and moderated 6 off-site, so I think it's fair to say: I've played against and with much better scum than you
1)Mafia is different from site to site 2)I don't doubt you did play against better players. I know I'm not the best player out there, but frankly the case on me is quite bogus. The only one that does not fail at ignoring posts among you all is SpyreX.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:15 am

FaerieLord wrote:
SpyreX wrote:The fact you felt the lynch needed to go through, said you would hammer it, but never voted for it is what gets me.
I was in the game for 3 days. I wasn't directly involved in the forbiddan case. I wasn't going to just pop in and vote. Sure, putting my money were my mouth is would have been better, especially after making bold statements, and to that extent you may be right that it is a scummy action, I'll give you that, but saying that someone is scummy for "staying in the sidelines" for 3 days, where I could have just lurked until the day was over, and posted afterwords, is kinna meh.

If I really wanted to avoid getting my hands dirty, I could have done just that, and no one would notice for three days
Okay, first off, it doesn't take a lynch to let you see what's what in a game. I read through, came to a conclusion in my first day, based on what I could see, and went with it. It was wrong, but I "put my money where my mouth was", and made an active contribution to the game.
You then actually admit it was scummy, but excuse yourself by saying <bold-section>. Okay, WIFOM, much?
"If I was scum,
surely
I would have just lurked instead of pushing you all into the forbiddan lynch without voting myself!"

Also, according to you;
FaerieLord wrote: I didn't place my vote on forbiddan because I was worried about getting attention.
So, you've basically said "If I wanted to avoid your attention, I would have just lurked for three days.", which is a) a pile of WIFOM and b) a contradiction to what you said earlier, where you said you were willing to point shit out against forbiddan, but didn't want to vote in order to avoid attention.
Scum, much?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:19 am

FaerieLord wrote:
KoC wrote:But not DAY TO DAY, which is what you've done.
My playstyle has not changed! You are failing at judging playstyles badly. So you are ready to ignore the fact that I've said that my playstyle has been constant with other games I was in, but want to be all conclusive of my playstyle based on about 5 posts?

I don't give a shit about your meta! Meta's can be repurposed so easily by even a mediocre player! I'm going on this game, and you've gone from serene, rarely voting, to basically OMGUSing (minus vote) everyone who has raised a finger against you, and pursuing a case that stinks!

KoC wrote:Oh, and they don't try and excuse wanting to lynch town, either.
Matjoeman ain't a bad player. Good players will lynch town as town on purpose.
WIFOM! Complete and utter WIFOM! "A good town player did it once, so because I'm doing it, I must be town!"
KoC wrote:I've played 24 games off-site and moderated 6 off-site, so I think it's fair to say: I've played against and with much better scum than you
1)Mafia is different from site to site 2)I don't doubt you did play against better players. I know I'm not the best player out there, but frankly the case on me is quite bogus. The only one that does not fail at ignoring posts among you all is SpyreX.

1) I played about 7 games with an exact same set-up as this
2)THe case is NOT BOGUS! Saying it over and over again will not make it so! You are nor Captain Picard!
*deepbreath*
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:26 am

"I've played lots of mafia and I know what I'm talking about" called.

KoC:
Bogus
might be an overstatement, but its not really that strong. And, the "other players have done it as town" is a valid point. If you're saying "X is never done by town," and FL says, "look, X has been done as town, and here's why
I
did it as town," that's relevant.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:32 am

Post by FaerieLord »

KoC wrote:"If I wanted to avoid your attention, I would have just lurked for three days."
ITT, I shall teach you scales

1 ------ 5 ----- 10

Lurking throughout the rest of the day ---------- Not voting -------- Voting

Do you see how it works?
KoC wrote:I don't give a shit about your meta! Meta's can be repurposed so easily by even a mediocre player! I'm going on this game, and you've gone from serene, rarely voting, to basically OMGUSing (minus vote) everyone who has raised a finger against you, and pursuing a case that stinks!
But you fail to realise that the day 1 play you are basing on is just three fucking days. You are ready to ignore my play for like forever and say that that I changed my entire playstyle based on just three. fucking. days. IT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!
KoC wrote:WIFOM! Complete and utter WIFOM! "A good town player did it once, so because I'm doing it, I must be town!"
Here, you entirely fail at getting the point. You said "Good players don't lynch town." I said MJM was a good player and he did it. And now you are screaming WIFOM when you brought it up in the first place
KoC wrote:1) I played about 7 games with an exact same set-up as this
2)THe case is NOT BOGUS! Saying it over and over again will not make it so! You are nor Captain Picard!
1)I'm not talking about setups.
2)Yes it is. The case you are putting up is "We don't give a fuck how you normally play. And we don't give a fuck about what you think about strategy. We disagree, therefore we vote!"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:34 am

Post by SpyreX »

If I really wanted to avoid getting my hands dirty, I could have done just that, and no one would notice for three days.
See, I'm glad you can see its scummy what happened. However, lurking and not saying anything about the case ALSO would have been scummy. I would have noticed you not saying anything about it when you replaced in, and I think its safe to say I wouldn't be the only one. I assume you are a solid player so I think you know the latter would have been apparent as well.
Show

Proud member of BaM
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:39 am

Post by FaerieLord »

Call someone out for lurking 3 days after replacing when normally people take that long to reread?

No, I don't think calling me out for lurking in that scenario would be that possible.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:40 am

Post by FaerieLord »

EBWODP: I'm going to sleep now, I'll answer anything new in the morning. I think both me and KoC need a breather since both of us are becoming rather caught up in the argument, and it'll result into ad homs soon.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:42 am

Post by SpyreX »

Well, I would have. :P In 3 days, I'd expect enough of a reread to have an opinion. So, I, personally would have.

Like I've said before though, we're going in circles and I would like to hear some other people's opinions of whats going on.

Sweatpants, you dont like either of the main discussion points going on. Any solid feelings on who you think are scum?
Show

Proud member of BaM
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:53 am

Killa seven. Hence the vote. Forbiddanlight's trap was foolish, because those kind of "traps" almost always backfire, but I think k7's jump on that wagon was scummy nonetheless.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:22 am

FaerieLord wrote:EBWODP: I'm going to sleep now, I'll answer anything new in the morning. I think both me and KoC need a breather since both of us are becoming rather caught up in the argument, and it'll result into ad homs soon.
That's the first thing you've said in a long time that ain't scummy.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:50 am

Post by killa seven »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Killa seven. Hence the vote. Forbiddanlight's trap was foolish, because those kind of "traps" almost always backfire, but I think k7's jump on that wagon was scummy nonetheless.
are we still on this?
im going to look into your posts.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:53 am

Post by SpyreX »

...did you just say you're going to hunt down a reason for an OMGUS?
Show

Proud member of BaM
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:57 am

Post by killa seven »

No. id just like to read into him, he seems to just want to fall on yesterdays argument, kinda slidin through the game in the open.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:26 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm not sold on you being scum, but for you to accuse someone of slidin this game is almost enough to make my head explode.
Show

Proud member of BaM
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:40 am

And I replaced in like three days ago. So good luck with that.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by killa seven »

yea i just read your posts, all uve said is ive done something unordinary scummy as opposed to usual, then next post days later vote me with no explanation and call them instincts.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
Manito
Manito
Goon
Manito
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by Manito »

killa seven wrote:yea i just read your posts, all uve said is ive done something unordinary scummy as opposed to usual, then next post days later vote me with no explanation and call them instincts.
And yet again you've poked your head in, seen who is pointing their fingers your way, and disappeared without contributing anything...

flea, can we please get a replacement if he can't be more active? This is like his 3rd prod already, and it isn't doing any good
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by Joubert »

So nobody cares that FaerieLord basically admitted he was going to hammer forbiddan, despite the fact about a page earlier, and ever since, he claimed he was leaning misguided town in her? Sod the rest of the case: HE SAID HE WOULD HAVE HAMMERED SOMEONE HE CONSIDERED TOWN. The only reason he would have for that is: he's scum.
Makes sense, but justement, doesn't it look TOO obvious? The interpretation says basically: I think he's Town, but I vote him. Just too obvious. It is suspect of course, but it's a very easy conclusion to come to as well...
People like policy lynches for reasons that are beyond me. I'm going to reread another FL game I'm in soon and see if there's anything about his thoughts on policy lynches there, but I doubt it will change my opinion here.
I could say the same thing for Meta Analysis. Basing conclusions on Meta is not necessarily scummy, but it's far from safe. I'm also astonished about the importance a "shit" can bear for some people. I can imagine from here: "He said "shit"! Oh my! Lynch him ultra quick! Aaaah!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”