bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:18 am

Post by bugspray »

MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:18 am

Post by wilky »

In post 249, bugspray wrote:i tr clid and the other one is prodded
@mod i dayvig chazaray
Fair enough assessment. I like this bugspray better than the one that's been here the rest of the game.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:20 am

Post by bugspray »

the same one as always

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:21 am

Post by bugspray »

anyway im going to bed for REAL now

wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:21 am

Post by wilky »

In post 224, bugspray wrote: flippynips is null read because has done a lot of memeing but also serious posting
Can we talk a bit more on this? Still not quite sure on what you were getting from Flippy. Are you saying you like their serious content but the memes drags them back down to null?
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:21 am

Post by wilky »

We can do it after you've had some sleep. Plz come back as helpful as current bug.
Atarashi Hajimari
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Atarashi Hajimari »

Okay so I've read and re-read that chazary/clidd interaction over again and I still can't figure out why it feels weird to me. Imma just sheep wilky's townread on chaz.

I'd be willing to lynch bugspray at this point. More recent bugspray has been better than previous bugspray, but not good enough to overcome how bad they looked. I'm especially not a fan of people who say thinfs like "wanna bet I'm town?" In my (admittedly limited) experience, people who say that are almost always scum.

That being said, I'm in favor of pressuring inactives to get them to play so VOTE: dweller
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:53 am

Post by bugspray »

Atari do you sr clidd too?

Atarashi Hajimari
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:56 am

In post 257, bugspray wrote:Atari do you sr clidd too?
Not as hard as wilky is but yeah
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:59 am

Post by clidd »

Good evening.

Due to a stressful mental exhaustion of work, I was unable to post previously. I also wondered if I would continue in this game, considering that I am not one hundred percent ready psychologically to impact consistently. However, I believe that with the arrival of the weekend, this chemical phenomenon will decrease and, consequently, allow my active return here. So, before starting my summary of the notes I wrote down in the notebook,
I would like to comment on the player list:

chazary
Political Clout
clidd
Atarashi Hajimari
bugspray
dweller
wilky (SE)
Emperor flippyNips (SE)
Luca Blight (SE)
We have three SE players who, theoretically, already have an average experience, and 6 ordinary players, not necessarily so far behind in terms of game knowledge, but formally considered
''newbies''
in this context. Evaluating, in general, our base is not so strong to trigger a line of collective solution, nor to structure a “break” of game to facilitate the victory. But, because we do not have a defined read-meta, our imagination is considerably larger and more flexible through sensations, such as '' gut '', for example. This can be either good or bad, depending on the direction that this feature will take.
Now, bringing to the individual sphere:

Chazary
-> He seems to be a very simple and direct player initially. But, to get a better base, I took a look at his last three games ( Newbies 1973, 1978 and 1982 ), one as scum and two as town, respectively. His playstyle is similar in the three games, being more incisive in certain moments, as more detailed and questioning in others. He tends, if necessary, to strive regardless of alignment, so it is not possible to judge him numerically in posts. He also seems to measure the tone well so as not to raise suspicions from one game to the next, if we compare the beginning of the three games. However, something extremely suggestive caught my attention: the ''fair'' standard.
''
What do you mean ?
''
I'm talking about his post , which he says
'' - Ok, fair. Can you explain why you think our interaction is weird though? ''
he uses the expression
"fair"
and then asks a question. If we search for that word in the three games, from his iso, we do not find the same pattern at any moment in the 1982 and 1978 games (which he was
town
), but it appears in the 1973 game (which he was
scum
). More specifically in posts 131 and 185, where he uses the expression accompanied by a question, in the same post. This linguistic addiction, unconsciously, highlights a pattern that is more likely followed by his
scum mindset
, than necessarily
town mindset

(
: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=81548)
(
: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=81784)
(
: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=81952)

Political Clout
-> Little content, I will evaluate later.

Atarashi Hajimari
-> I didn't quite understand the sporadic trust in Wilky, nor their reasoning for the supposed "strange" interaction between me and Chazary. However, I believe that their speculative line is interesting, especially due to the intuitive factor that is used in the process, something that I, in particular, fully sympathize with. After thinking for a while, I remembered a past game, where I engaged in an argument with another player and, in the end, I concluded that he was locktown, precisely because of the argumentative vigor in rebutting my comments (viewtopic.php?f=83&t=81962 /
starts at post 59
). It is extremely difficult to manufacture this type of behavior, so I will consider it as authentic and, consequently, much more assimilative to the
town
side.

Bugspray
-> Difficult to read and very slippery if they have space to get away from the game. But, based on the game in which I witnessed first hand ( Newbie 1980 ), I managed to capture some parameters of their behavior as town, especially the lack of cohesion and the vague content in their lines. Take a look at their ISO in that game and draw your own conclusions. I don't remember now what game it was, but I came to evaluate one of their games as scum, and their behavior was completely different. They would hardly act silly in this alignment. As soon as I find it, I'll quote it here.

(
: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=81841)

Dweller
--> Little content, I will evaluate later. I didn't like his posts and , simply because it seems like a superficial neutrality, at least for me, which doesn't seem as genuine as I would expect it to be. In other words: possibly manufactured.

Wilky
--> I appreciate his aggressive-active participation in the game, especially for the informative pressure that he imposed over the 58 posts (only his). For now, it seems to be a beneficial element for the game's progress, but not necessarily locktown, considering that the numerical question is totally subjective in many situations, especially in the case of players who try hard when they are scum. I haven't yet taken the time to explore his past games, but I feel comfortable focusing on others at the moment. Post is one of the rarest things I've ever seen a scum say.

Emperor flippyNips
--> Similar situation with Bugspray, but with a difference: we don't have any game in common. And from what little I saw, taking a look at his past games, he maintains a consistent pattern, regardless of alignment. But, as his participation also seems, at least in the beginning of the game, helpful, I believe it is interesting to promote more interactions with him.

Luca Blight
--> Exceptional player. If he's town, we have a good chance of winning. But these first posts, in particular, are not yet congruent with his true ability to formulate reads. I expect more from him.

With that said, I already have a table of indicators on possible initial alignments. But before showing it, I'd like to answer a question first:

Spoiler:
In post 165, wilky wrote:
In post 154, bugspray wrote:ok im gonna check out every iso and make a readlist
where are we at with this?

In post 106, clidd wrote:Ok, let's calm down. It is too early to make assumptions far ahead of the information available.
Can you explain this a bit more? I wasn't sure what you were refferring too.

In post 109, clidd wrote:
In post 107, chazary wrote:
In post 106, clidd wrote:Ok, let's calm down. It is too early to make assumptions far ahead of the information available.
What do you mean? We're now five pages in and there was a whole interaction between two players we can use to establish reads. What else do you want us to go off of? Or would you rather us still be in RVS?
This type of interaction is interesting to some extent. After that, it becomes a conflict, therefore, decreasing the accuracy of possible readings and associations according to the included emotional factor.
So what other things do you think are better for basing reads on early game? If no one would "make assumptions" in a game of mafia until something significant happened that something significant would never happen. No one making assumptions means an inability to read anyone. The whole game of mafia is basically about making assumptions.

In post 116, Atarashi Hajimari wrote:@wilky

Does the clidd/chazary interaction look weird to you? It looks weird to me.
I think clidd comes out of it in my scumread pile and chazary makes his way into my town reads. What do you find weird about it?
In post 130, Luca Blight wrote:Consider my vote on Bugs until I know what the VC is.

Wilky, what's your current read on Hajimari?
I still have a little scum lean on haji although some of their more recent posts i've liked better.

In post 139, Political Clout wrote:
In post 75, wilky wrote:But you can't give anything on the hiding in rvs claim. Like actually nothing. Nada. Zilch.
I get that a player can make you frustrated but why are you so upset? Is it really bugspray with his read on you and disappearing making you so frustrated? I think in my opinion those who attempt to exhibit emotion are trying to do so to appear more genuine in game, and they are usual scum. Thinking it through several people have yet to post so it just feels odd to have a player resort to expletives in the beginning of the game.

Egmeoy.
Holy fuck, I swear a lot, regardless of emotion or alignment. If you're going to base your reads on that then you will never be able to read me. Did you actual read any of what I said. My main frustration with bugspray is their unwillingness to have a discussion on anything at all. You ask him a question, look for his thoughts, provide him with proof that either he should be going after someone else or their logic is flawed, and he just finds a way to deflect or not answer.

In post 157, dweller wrote:I think the interaction between wilky and bugspray was a good way to initiate discussion. But it's quite possible that they both are town and still arguing going with each other. Because I didn't see any bad reasonings.

I know that it's good to recharge and held back a bit. And it's not necessary to respond to every pressure put on you.

I'm sorry for not posting much. will start giving my reads soon.
But to begin with I didn't even necessarilly want to put pressure on I wanted to have a discussion. Bugsprays total shutting down discussion before it even starts strat doesn't come from a town player.

In post 158, dweller wrote:
In post 29, wilky wrote:
In post 26, dweller wrote:UNVOTE:
I just realized bugspray is at L-2.
Is being at L-2 necessarily a bad thing in RVS? Do you fear that if you hadn't voted this would have gotten 2 votes to take it to hammer before then?
Nope. It's not about rvs in general. But by looking at the pressure and suspicions people were having on bugspray. I thought if people will keep voting him as a joke he may be lolhammered.
This sounds fake. There was no real suspicions on him at all.

When I mentioned that it is a mistake to theorize far ahead of the facts, I meant that when there is no measurable information, that is, a hasty consideration without due data, such as considering someone lock-town or lock-scum without knowing exactly what you’re doing, the inaccuracy of your read drastically fell and became erroneous, moving you away from the pro-town speculative sphere. And yes, the game we are playing is naturally conducive to the establishment of premises, precisely to facilitate the obtaining of information. But that does not necessarily mean that we should, as a rule, act very aggressively towards the players around us, especially because of the seed of conflict it sows. Any attitude that instigates the extremely aggressive clash is not wise in the rational scope.
'' Why ? ''
simple, because we are human. We are easily anxious, irritated and sad, depending on the situation. Such chemical components are great influencers of our emotions, therefore, they have direct action on our typing and hinder the reasoning. Obviously, I am not saying that you have acted or are acting this way, but it is interesting to emphasize caution when approaching, in a healthy way, possible hypotheses we have regarding the game. This way, we can establish a more consistent and flexible progress, as new information arrives.

Now, proceeding:

Chazary -
Scum indicative

Political Clout -
Joker
(can flip both sides)
Atarashi Hajimari -
Town indicative

Bugspray -
Town indicative

Dweller -
Scum indicative

Wilky -
Town indicative

Emperor flippyNips -
Joker
(can flip both sides)
Luca Blight -
Town indicative

This is my current alignment consideration. Perhaps it will change, depending on my criteria for the next actions. In particular, I prefer to lynch Chazary today. If not possible, I would choose Dweller. I will use the time available to position myself in relation to the two Jokers.
chazary
chazary
He/Him
Goon
chazary
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by chazary »

In post 259, clidd wrote:
Chazary
-> He seems to be a very simple and direct player initially. But, to get a better base, I took a look at his last three games ( Newbies 1973, 1978 and 1982 ), one as scum and two as town, respectively. His playstyle is similar in the three games, being more incisive in certain moments, as more detailed and questioning in others. He tends, if necessary, to strive regardless of alignment, so it is not possible to judge him numerically in posts. He also seems to measure the tone well so as not to raise suspicions from one game to the next, if we compare the beginning of the three games. However, something extremely suggestive caught my attention: the ''fair'' standard.
''
What do you mean ?
''
I'm talking about his post , which he says
'' - Ok, fair. Can you explain why you think our interaction is weird though? ''
he uses the expression
"fair"
and then asks a question. If we search for that word in the three games, from his iso, we do not find the same pattern at any moment in the 1982 and 1978 games (which he was
town
), but it appears in the 1973 game (which he was
scum
). More specifically in posts 131 and 185, where he uses the expression accompanied by a question, in the same post. This linguistic addiction, unconsciously, highlights a pattern that is more likely followed by his
scum mindset
, than necessarily
town mindset

(
: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=81548)
(
: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=81784)
(
: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=81952)
Ok, fair.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:26 pm

Post by bugspray »

Fair

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by bugspray »

I sheep clidd

Atarashi Hajimari
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:11 pm

@clidd

So, to check if I understand what your giant- ass post was talking about, you scum read chazary because he used the word 'fair'?
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by bugspray »

he also said gamestate

dweller
dweller
Goon
dweller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by dweller »

Hey why people are voting me?

I claim Vanilla Townie. I'm extremely sorry for the lack of activity. I'm busy with some of my projects. As soon as I'm finished I will start posting my reads.
Atarashi Hajimari
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:33 pm

In post 265, dweller wrote:Hey why people are voting me?

I claim Vanilla Townie.
I'm extremely sorry for the lack of activity. I'm busy with some of my projects. As soon as I'm finished I will start posting my reads.
That claim seems... early. Scum buddy tell you "hey a bunch of people are voting for you, you should get active"?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 263, Atarashi Hajimari wrote:@clidd

So, to check if I understand what your giant- ass post was talking about, you scum read chazary because he used the word 'fair'?
Precisely. Well, I'm used to doing this atypical type of SR, but interestingly, I have some success in doing it. An example would be the game
'' Micro - 218 ''
, which I mentioned above. If you're curious, here's the link:

(viewtopic.php?f=83&t=81962) -> Page 7, post 154, three scums found.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by clidd »

Not saying that my suspicions are correct, of course. But I hardly say anything without certainty that it will result in something. For that reason I sympathize with your intuitive ability, as I also use it a lot.
Atarashi Hajimari
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:09 pm

@clidd

How much experience playing mafia do you have?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by clidd »

On virtual platforms, I had stints at Mindnight (Steam), Epicmafia and Town Of Salem. But my biggest experience comes from face-to-face games, in real life. Compiling everything, it is something about 4 or 5 years.
Atarashi Hajimari
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:23 pm

In post 270, clidd wrote:On virtual platforms, I had stints at Mindnight (Steam), Epicmafia and Town Of Salem. But my biggest experience comes from face-to-face games, in real life. Compiling everything, it is something about 4 or 5 years.
Shame. If you were newer to mafia I probably would've townread you. A new player as scum would have to be stupidly ballsy as fuck to just outright say they based a scumread off of a word. Guess you'll just have to sit at null for now
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by clidd »

I did not understand your parallel analogy.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:46 pm

Post by clidd »

In any case, my vote remains.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:14 pm

Post by bugspray »

vc pl0x

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”