Micro 922: Strawberry Mafia (Game over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:59 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 344, clidd wrote:
In post 340, Iconeum wrote:
In post 333, clidd wrote:
In post 314, Iconeum wrote:I think he's town actually. And I think Clidd is scum. I know your meta defence of him, but the dude is literally not providing any reads unless I missed them. He's spewing large posts that actually have little to no content in them, and they sure don't make a point.

Literally trying to look active without having to commit to anything.
Parable of the ''safe'' lynch,
scum detected
explain?
There was no interest on your part in the case, and apathy about the possibility of me being a town. Unconsciously, you are willing to find a target to lynch without arousing suspicion.
Did you see me go after ame? Trying to target a lynch without arousing suspicion is hardly what I would call myself this game. But if you wanna cherrypick certain stuff, sure.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:02 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 347, clidd wrote:
In post 341, Iconeum wrote:
In post 335, clidd wrote:
In post 315, Iconeum wrote:Slaxx is sorting, making reads. I don't scumread him at all, but it's not like I have him as hard town either.

If you give me a gun and make me choose between slaxx and clidd, i shoot clidd.
''Give me a buddy''
- Iconeum
Why would I choose to fight Luca over his reads, when I could agree with them and make 2 buddies in the process?
How did you come at this reasoning ?
You say I'm trying to buddy. I'm saying that your thoughts make little sense because if that is in fact my goal I am deliberately choosing a much harder path in accomplishing that then what I am actually doing.

I'm bumping heads with Luca over reads, which is what i'm referring to. You can hardly call that buddying. Unless you specifically mean I'm buddying up to Slaxx and that's crazy because I've barely interacted with him.

So yeah, what ur doing here feels a bit OMGUS'y.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:03 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 345, clidd wrote:
In post 343, Iconeum wrote:
In post 338, clidd wrote:The interaction between Luca and Slaxx seems to be TvT, considering that there are signs of discomfort and possible frustration due to the accusations, displayed by Slaxx
You think frustration and discomfort are town traits?
It depends, but in this context, yes.
This feels fake and evasive

What context?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:34 am

Post by clidd »

In post 351, Iconeum wrote:
In post 347, clidd wrote:
In post 341, Iconeum wrote:
In post 335, clidd wrote:
In post 315, Iconeum wrote:Slaxx is sorting, making reads. I don't scumread him at all, but it's not like I have him as hard town either.

If you give me a gun and make me choose between slaxx and clidd, i shoot clidd.
''Give me a buddy''
- Iconeum
Why would I choose to fight Luca over his reads, when I could agree with them and make 2 buddies in the process?
How did you come at this reasoning ?
You say I'm trying to buddy. I'm saying that your thoughts make little sense because if that is in fact my goal I am deliberately choosing a much harder path in accomplishing that then what I am actually doing.

I'm bumping heads with Luca over reads, which is what i'm referring to. You can hardly call that buddying. Unless you specifically mean I'm buddying up to Slaxx and that's crazy because I've barely interacted with him.

So yeah, what ur doing here feels a bit OMGUS'y.
Hum, no. You are basically trying to sympathize with Slaxx. What '' difficult '' path are you implying? why take the hardest when the easy is available? what
it really makes little sense for you to say that
scum!you
would work in a more arduous way, when the simplest and most conventional way is the closest to get
TR
by others.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:34 am

Post by clidd »

In post 352, Iconeum wrote:
In post 345, clidd wrote:
In post 343, Iconeum wrote:
In post 338, clidd wrote:The interaction between Luca and Slaxx seems to be TvT, considering that there are signs of discomfort and possible frustration due to the accusations, displayed by Slaxx
You think frustration and discomfort are town traits?
It depends, but in this context, yes.
This feels fake and evasive

What context?
My answer is the naked truth itself. The obvious context that he was annoyed with me, particularly, cited my worst game on purpose, not necessarily to discredit me, but because of the characteristic chemical reaction of "disgust" he was feeling from me, so he needed to ''release'' this feeling, choosing debauchery to do it. There are, of course, players who manage to emulate anger, anguish and frustration, but in this case, it would be more logical that, due to the situation of multiple
SR
s on him, he choose to maintain a neutral instance by his pov, little reactive. If I were to take that out of the theoretical realm, I would say it was a
townslip
, according to my intuitive concepts about the standard behavior of
scum
/
towns
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:34 am

Post by clidd »

In post 350, Iconeum wrote:
In post 344, clidd wrote:
In post 340, Iconeum wrote:
In post 333, clidd wrote:
In post 314, Iconeum wrote:I think he's town actually. And I think Clidd is scum. I know your meta defence of him, but the dude is literally not providing any reads unless I missed them. He's spewing large posts that actually have little to no content in them, and they sure don't make a point.

Literally trying to look active without having to commit to anything.
Parable of the ''safe'' lynch,
scum detected
explain?
There was no interest on your part in the case, and apathy about the possibility of me being a town. Unconsciously, you are willing to find a target to lynch without arousing suspicion.
Did you see me go after ame? Trying to target a lynch without arousing suspicion is hardly what I would call myself this game. But if you wanna cherrypick certain stuff, sure.
What I saw in your interaction with Ame was a possible approach to a
death tunnel
, which did not materialize due to external interaction. Evidently, considering that you're
scum
. In the
town!Ico
scenario, I believe that post would become an assimilation with an individual experience, which was not well worked out, but provided an initial horizon to develop a premature dialogue between both. I still think about both possibilities, but I'm considering
scum!Ico
trying to architect something here.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:23 am

Post by Hectic »

Officer "Officer" Officer with a status update.

Am currently occupied but briefly skimmed through, and Ame, I'd really like to see you go more in-depth into the reasoning for your RQS and what you've learnt from it, and also explain these reads:
In post 255, Ame wrote:Uncomfortable at the lack of strawberries gracing this page

Slaxx and Hectic are my picks.

Luca and Compath as backups.
In post 208, Hectic wrote:
In post 184, Ame wrote:
In post 4, Compath wrote:Things are going to be
hectic
with you around.

VOTE: Hectic
In post 5, DrDolittle wrote:VOTE: compath serious vote
In particular, I read Compath's joke as forced because the hectic pun is obvious and seems like something that has probably been made many times. From this, I thought Compath was either,

A. Awkward scum
B. Someone who has played with hectic and was hinting at who he was

The latter was my interpretation after thinking about it, and if it were the case it was town indicative to me because it would be unnecessarily putting himself out there / providing information to hectic. I scum read DDL for his serious vote because I felt he also picked up on the awkwardness, but instead of thinking it through to the alternative option (B), he stopped at (A), which was scum indicative to me (pushing over sorting).
had you arrived at this conclusion when you made post ? is there any particular reason that you wanted to hold onto this read and ignore Icon/Officer "Officer" Officer's questions about it until now?

trainee "trainee" trainee would also appreciate if you answered this question.

At the station, they're currently pinning you as the Prime Suspect of Strawberryville, so I'd appreciate if you cooperate with us and enter the Interrogation Room. I will elaborate on my read once you've answered my questions, please and thank you.

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:29 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 328, Kanna wrote:
In post 215, Ame wrote:
In post 178, Ame wrote:@Kanna, why a strong 7?
was just feeling a ~7
In post 216, Ame wrote:Also current reads?
Right now it's

<Compath, Ame, Ico>

<Hectic, DDL, Clidd> ---null
<Slaxx>
<Luca>

Slaxx was scummy before Luca's push, but the reasoning for Luca's push felt weird to me. If it's TvS, scum is Luca imo
You ignored my response to your reason for SR’ing me in . Why is that?

Is there anything you want to engage me about regarding the Slaxx push?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:31 am

Post by Hectic »

Officer "Officer" Officer making one last round.
In post 330, Kanna wrote:Also forgot about this earlier but I'm bringing it back
In post 141, Kanna wrote:
In post 85, Hectic wrote:also, are the bad vibes from slaxx because of takes that feel forced or the "will die on this hill" insistence regarding not answering the RQS?
In post 115, Hectic wrote: Inform Emoji Kanna that what I asked her about are things I disliked upon a second look at slaxx' posts.
sorry, misread that first post. Still, I think my answer is kind of the same. You might have to rephrase that second question for me: are you asking me what *you* disliked on a second pass?
Inform Conniver Kanna that I saw things I disliked and was asking whether she disliked the same things or something else not considered by Mass Spec Analytical Unit.

The engagement between Citizen Slaxx and Knight Luca resulted in some complaints from nearby neighbours, regarding the Noise Disruption and Disturbance of The Peace. I am yet to properly examine this interaction, but will do in due time.

Professor Clidd is playing to his Civilian Meta, this is true, but I dislike Knight Luca's confidence on assuming that Clidd is not capable of changing how he plays as a lawbreaker, and will continue to replace out early and not engage in future lawbreaker games.

That will be all for now. Please inform the citizens to return to their homes.

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:36 am

Post by Luca Blight »

‘Dislike’ as in you’re scumreading me for it, or simply think I’m wrong to do so?

I’ve never said I believe Clidd will always replace out as scum btw. I feel as though he’d be more disinterested as scum, however.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:43 am

Post by Hectic »

Officer "Officer" Officer isn't done yet.
In post 359, Luca Blight wrote:‘Dislike’ as in you’re scumreading me for it, or simply think I’m wrong to do so?

I’ve never said I believe Clidd will always replace out as scum btw. I feel as though he’d be more disinterested as scum, however.
Lawbreaker-read, but I just saw which is a much more reasonable take that I actually agree on.

Could you address why Officer "Officer" Officer was a lawbreakerlean despite content being null?

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:53 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I think I already did address that in the same post you’re referring to.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:51 am

Post by Ame »

In post 256, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 221, Ame wrote:Ok. Also what were you hoping to gain here:
In post 14, Luca Blight wrote:Your turn, Ame.
I was curious as to your own answers.

Will you answer the questions?
1. What is the origin of your username?
It's a pun on my first name and translation of my last

2. Why is Compath so townie?
He isn't, but it was a good starting point

3. When is the last time you had a strawberry?
At least a year :[ so jealous of Clidd

4. Which of these would you prefer to spend your time doing this weekend (order from most preferred to least):
playing mafia, watching my favorite show, attending a concert = attending a sports game (while playing mafia on my phone)

5. On a scale of 0 to 10, how upset would you be if we lynched you today?
3 currently

6. If Hectic has 5 strawberries and DrDolittle has 2, how many does Luca have?

7. Imagine that you are scum this game: would it be true or false that you are scum?
false!

Answer Key: For the most part
what
people answer isn't as important as
how
they answer (or don't answer). The exceptions are questions 5 and 7, which surprisingly do trend differently in the way town and scum address them. Additionally, questions 6 and 7 do have actual correct answers: the answer to question 6 is '5'. The number of strawberries is the number of syllables in the user's name, flipped over (obviously though I don't expect anyone to have actually reasoned that). The answer to question 7 is 'false' if you are town because imagining that you are scum doesn't change your alignment.

Question 5 Trends: Town tend to answer this strongly with either a 0 or a 10. Scum tend to answer toward the center. Neither alignment ever responds with 5 (though I hypothesize this might be an indy approach) and only scum ever answers 4. Since no one answered 4, however, this question can only be used as a suggestion at best because while town and scum tend to answer differently overall, the response of an individual is unpredictable (with the exception of 4 and 5).

Spoiler: Town Distrobution

Spoiler: Scum Distrobution

Question 7 Trends: This one is interesting. It can't be used to identify scum, but it can be used to identify town. With the exception of newbie scum, scum will answer 'true' 100% of the time. 1/10 town members, however, identify the correct logical conclusion and answer 'false.' Even scum that do reason it out still answer 'true' because answering 'false' looks suspicious. I'm actually really confident in this being a town indicator. Clidd is the only one to have answered this correctly.

As for the other questions, they are just fluff. Most of my data comes from live mafia (discord, skype, aim when it was a thing), so my goal with the upper questions is to sort of simulate the same type of mindset someone would be in if they were typing live (hence why it's important to answer them all in one go). As a user responds to the questions, it sort of primes them for the questions that I'm actually interested in below. Additionally, question 4 is something of a personal interest of mine. I've been curious to see how differences in personality influence the way people play the game. I've found this question to be a reliable way to quickly gauge a person's temperament as well as their introversion/extroversion.

Primary Preference:
attending sports game = SJ, Guardian
attending concert = SP, Artisan
watching favorite show = NF, Idealist
playing mafia = NT, Rational

Primary and Secondary Preference:
attending sports game & attending concert = extroversion indicative
playing mafia & watching favorite show = introversion indicative

These aren't exact (for example, Kanna's primary preference is favorite show, but I think she is a classic NT. Also, while introverted preferences are accurate, it's not really possible to distinguish extroversion from simply being SJ/SP based on these questions alone). That being said, they are fairly good indicators. For example, I predicted Luca's exact order based on my previous experience with him. I also predict that if Slaxx were to answer, his primary preference would be attending a concert. @Slaxx, will you verify? Slaxx and Iconium have a similar way of interpreting things. And the way we process information correlates with activity patterns in the brain which also correlate with personality features. Said another way, the way our brain is structured leads to differences in information processing which is ultimately responsible for the expression of our personality. Based on the way Clidd processes information, I also suspect that he and I probably have identical personalities.

Anyway, I'll answer some questions I missed and do reads in the next post.
In post 258, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 255, Ame wrote:Uncomfortable at the lack of strawberries gracing this page

Slaxx and Hectic are my picks.

Luca and Compath as backups.
This is based on the answers, or generally?

I want to see your own answers and explanations for how you reached your conclusions.
Generally, though I have been using the questions as a suggestive starting point.
In post 210, Hectic wrote:you know who
In post 119, Ame wrote:
In post 116, Hectic wrote: Deputy Compath, is the exclusion of Ame deliberate from your reads list?
Not reading I see
what did i miss?? can you show me where please? i can't find any mention of why you're excluded

I wasn't excluded. He included me in his list. You also failed to mention a lack of DDL read which was similarly hidden.
In post 208, Hectic wrote:
In post 184, Ame wrote:
In post 4, Compath wrote:Things are going to be
hectic
with you around.

VOTE: Hectic
In post 5, DrDolittle wrote:VOTE: compath serious vote
In particular, I read Compath's joke as forced because the hectic pun is obvious and seems like something that has probably been made many times. From this, I thought Compath was either,

A. Awkward scum
B. Someone who has played with hectic and was hinting at who he was

The latter was my interpretation after thinking about it, and if it were the case it was town indicative to me because it would be unnecessarily putting himself out there / providing information to hectic. I scum read DDL for his serious vote because I felt he also picked up on the awkwardness, but instead of thinking it through to the alternative option (B), he stopped at (A), which was scum indicative to me (pushing over sorting).
had you arrived at this conclusion when you made post ? is there any particular reason that you wanted to hold onto this read and ignore Icon/Officer "Officer" Officer's questions about it until now?

Hmm. I think this also indicates that you're not paying attention deeply. The answer to your first question is right above the post you quoted. The second question is disingenuous as I wasn't ignoring Icon. I was very much willing to respond if he showed me the same courtesy. This is obvious from our engagement and I'm not sure how you missed it.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:55 am

Post by Ame »

Annoyed by my spelling of distribution
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Hectic »

Officer "Officer" Officer here.

Very interesting, I have much to say on Suspect Ame's post but I will restrain myself until I am at home and have more time, rather than clumsily do so now. But pass on a few queries to her please:
  • Does your reads list have scum or town at the top? I seemed to hit the town side of your answer key.
  • I can understand why you withheld answering Ico's questions since you wanted a RQS answer from him, but what about my question regarding Compath? I had provided answers, and yet you ignored my request to expand on your Compath read for quite a while. Reason why I think this is important is because it looked like to me that you didn't have a reasonable explanation for the read until you thought of one later on, which is when you provided it.
  • Would love elaboration of those reads including non-RQS based reasoning.

No further questions.

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:39 am

Post by Hectic »

Officer "Officer" Officer clicking her pen.
In post 362, Ame wrote:Hmm. I think this also indicates that you're not paying attention deeply. The answer to your first question is above the post you quoted.
The Air Support Unit did not miss this post; I wanted more in-depth reasoning which you have now provided, which I am thankful for.

Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:48 am

Post by Ame »

Do you mean my read on you and Slaxx? Those are scum reads. My read on you is independent of your answers (which I'll go into), but you definitely did not hit the town side. You avoided giving concrete answers to the questions I was looking for (I did get much enjoy them though!)

Your question was the same as Icon's. Answering you, would have been answering Icon.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:49 am

Post by Ame »

very much*
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:59 am

Post by Ame »

Nvm reading back, you did answer correctly.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:04 am

Post by Ame »

Interesting! Since you were in persona mode, I initially read it as side stepping as I was specifically looking for true or false. I'll reconsider.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:47 am

Post by Hectic »

trainee "trainee" trainee stapling some paperwork!

be honest, Ame, are those bar charts legitimate or completely made up? :D and if they're legitimate, could i have a sample size, as in total entries for the dataset? oh, and why are you providing us with the answer key, do you not want to ever use this again in future mafia games? your secrets are out now!
In post 362, Ame wrote:5. On a scale of 0 to 10, how upset would you be if we lynched you today?
3 currently
why only a 3? you put playing mafia over all the other activities and seem passionate about it, being lynched wouldn't irk you?

i was getting lawbreaker pings from your mega post because it felt very off-meta (i've skimmed your other completed game and it felt less formal/serious) and argumentative in bad ways at times (scum like to appear correct and win arguments even if the argument does not relate to alignment), examples here:
I wasn't excluded. He included me in his list. You also failed to mention a lack of DDL read which was similarly hidden.
Hmm. I think this also indicates that you're not paying attention deeply. The answer to your first question is right above the post you quoted. The second question is disingenuous as I wasn't ignoring Icon. I was very much willing to respond if he showed me the same courtesy. This is obvious from our engagement and I'm not sure how you missed it.
but i took a look again at your other completed game and realised that you're not off-meta at all, especially having seen post 648

not as confident on you now. still yet to read Luca/Slaxx engagement properly, hopefully that yields results!

trainee "trainee" trainee signing out!

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Hectic »

it's me!

also, i'll be honest, i was expecting you take a completely different approach with the RQS

i thought you were gonna focus on how willing people were to answer and whether they gave in to answer or remained stubborn when you persisted in making them answer. thought that approach would be kinda civiliany if i was correct about it. never expected you to actually have an answer key :lol:

DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:06 am

Post by DrDolittle »

It's a me mario
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:06 am

Post by DrDolittle »

I'm teaching today. Too tired to read atm
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:29 am

Post by Kanna »

I think my reads have changed a bit since last page. I feel pretty good about Clidd being town now.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”