Micro 922: Strawberry Mafia (Game over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:12 am

Post by DrDolittle »

I think luca's white knight on around page 12 is town
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:20 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 314, Iconeum wrote:I think he's town actually. And I think Clidd is scum. I know your meta defence of him, but the dude is literally not providing any reads unless I missed them. He's spewing large posts that actually have little to no content in them, and they sure don't make a point.

Literally trying to look active without having to commit to anything.
In post 315, Iconeum wrote:Slaxx is sorting, making reads. I don't scumread him at all, but it's not like I have him as hard town either.

If you give me a gun and make me choose between slaxx and clidd, i shoot clidd.
not feeling great about ico to start.

Like that clid post was not scummy, and these reasonings look more like trying to "look town" and make allies"than sorting
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:21 am

Post by DrDolittle »

my reads actually align with clidd quite a bit, which makes me nervous since slaxx said he was "hilariously wrong" or something along those lines
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:27 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 362, Ame wrote:Answer Key: [snip]
thanks very cool. who's scum based on this analysis? why haven't you followed up on this busywork?
what are the standard errors to the variance as a statistic?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 402, DrDolittle wrote:my reads actually align with clidd quite a bit, which makes me nervous since slaxx said he was "hilariously wrong" or something along those lines
That was from one game. I don’t want that to follow him throughout this game. My bad. It was funny because he was using really strong language (99% etc) and he wound up being wrong. But he has good games too.

I was looking through his games to just find one example of where he was cocky as town and I found it, and that’s where I stopped.

Hectic, I’m not ignoring you, but I’m posting mobile. I’ll probably need a PC to communicate the way I want to wrt your posts.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:37 am

Post by DrDolittle »

slaxx i know i was joking too.
but im officially boping you
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:47 am

Post by clidd »

In post 377, Kanna wrote:nevermind I found it: it's here if anyone wants to see

Clidd *can* do wallpost analysis posts as scum
The numerical question is not a precise thing to assess me. The real difference would be the stance I'm taking, because in this passage that you mentioned, specifically, I was establishing a slower and very neutral game, boring and tiring to follow. Here, I am trying to solve the game, by being more incisive in my premises. This discrepancy is very complex to explain totally, but I believe you got the message.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:47 am

Post by clidd »

In post 395, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 237, clidd wrote:
In post 231, Slaxx wrote:Also can't really describe it but Icon is giving me decent town feelz. I think my list is probably

(Ame, Compath, DDL, Icon)-Slight Town
(Luca, Kanna)-Null
(Hectic)- Slight Scum
(Clidd)- Scum
You remind me a lot of a player called Espeonage from a past game (he was
scum
).
what do you see in this clid?
I said this because of some interpersonal peculiarities that the two, in my view, seem to share. I thought about associating with the
scum
behavior, which I was beginning to notice, but I ended up discarding this hypothesis after I noticed the
townslip
that I mentioned in post .
Slaxx
has moved up to my
TR
category now.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:49 am

Post by clidd »

In post 404, Slaxx wrote:
In post 402, DrDolittle wrote:my reads actually align with clidd quite a bit, which makes me nervous since slaxx said he was "hilariously wrong" or something along those lines
That was from one game. I don’t want that to follow him throughout this game. My bad. It was funny because he was using really strong language (99% etc) and he wound up being wrong. But he has good games too.

I was looking through his games to just find one example of where he was cocky as town and I found it, and that’s where I stopped.

Hectic, I’m not ignoring you, but I’m posting mobile. I’ll probably need a PC to communicate the way I want to wrt your posts.
There are high margins of error in the premises that I assume every game. I can be terribly wrong, as incredibly right. Statistically speaking, I noticed that it is very difficult to have a middle ground. Therefore, collaboration would be ideal for me to correct possible gaps.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Hectic »

trainee "trainee" trainee here being addicted to mafia

actually VOTE: Knight Luca

i think I have a lawbreaker-tell on Knight Luca, i'm almost a little reluctant to out it if it's correct but i will expand on it later :D

also, answer my questions, Ame! please and thank you

clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:02 am

Post by clidd »

With post , the '' radical '' condition that I stipulated as a coefficient of change in my opinion was achieved, causing the addition of her concept to my list.

Current reads:

Hectic - Null
DrDolittle - Null
Compath -
Scum indicative

Kanna -
Scum indicative

Ame -
Town indicative

Luca Blight -
Town indicative

Iconeum - Joker (can flip both sides)
Slaxx -
Town indicative

The fall in Hectic is due to the lack of significant interactivity with me, and the current interaction with Luca in post . I believe that
town!Hectic
, although enjoys playing roles, still seems a long way from the genuine proactivity characteristic of his playstyle. I am now having difficulty assimilating whether my initial impression of him was correct, or whether I was influenced by the emotional factor of his intentions.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:03 am

Post by clidd »

@DrDolittle
can i see your actual reads ?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:22 am

Post by Hectic »

trainee "trainee" trainee here... again

the tell revolves around Knight Luca's tone and how friendly he is in the early game. i'm in the middle of soemthing but do a meta check for me and see if you see the same thing. regardless, i'll form a case later to show you what i mean

i engage with stuff i find lawbreakery, clidd. actually kinda frustrated that you and slaxx are implying i haven't been proactive this game, i really have tried to be since that's the aim of this playstyle

okay this is the last time i'm checking in for a while

clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:42 am

Post by clidd »

In post 412, Hectic wrote:trainee "trainee" trainee here... again

the tell revolves around Knight Luca's tone and how friendly he is in the early game. i'm in the middle of soemthing but do a meta check for me and see if you see the same thing. regardless, i'll form a case later to show you what i mean

i engage with stuff i find lawbreakery, clidd. actually kinda frustrated that you and slaxx are implying i haven't been proactive this game, i really have tried to be since that's the aim of this playstyle

okay this is the last time i'm checking in for a while

Hum, ok.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 385, Kanna wrote:Ame's wall is v interesting but I have to go so I'll digest it later

p-edit: hi ame
Hi Kanna!
In post 403, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 362, Ame wrote:Answer Key: [snip]
thanks very cool. who's scum based on this analysis? why haven't you followed up on this busywork?
I'm working on it. BoP means treating someone as town so long as they are lynching scum, correct?
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Ame »

Detective "Detective" Detective here from Internal Affairs.
Suspect
Citizen Ame has submitted a complaint regarding Ms. Sir Officer's treatment of the upstanding people of Strawberryville as well as her associating with and hiring known criminal "trainee." I would like to assure you that SVPD is looking into these concerns with the utmost scrutiny.
In post 409, Hectic wrote:
also, answer my questions, Ame! please and thank you

In post 370, Hectic wrote:trainee "trainee" trainee stapling some paperwork!

be honest, Ame, are those bar charts legitimate or completely made up? :D and if they're legitimate, could i have a sample size, as in total entries for the dataset? oh, and why are you providing us with the answer key, do you not want to ever use this again in future mafia games? your secrets are out now!
I made the graphs myself (on MS paint hehe). I might provide data post-game. I only play mafia a few times a year now so I don't really mind. This will actually be my last game for a while. Mafia is time-consuming and it's hard to maintain my other duties when playing. I have no idea how people play 3+ games at a time!

Additionally, things like this can only ever be used once with the same players. I'd have to play with a new set of players for it to be useful again.
In post 362, Ame wrote:5. On a scale of 0 to 10, how upset would you be if we lynched you today?
3 currently
why only a 3? you put playing mafia over all the other activities and seem passionate about it, being lynched wouldn't irk you?
Not at all! And honestly, a 3 is probably overshooting it. I feel more like a 0. I enjoy it, but it's just a game and there's other things I could be doing with my life. The only things that upset me in mafia are when people fail to try and empathize with one another (i.g. shutting down any further considerations once they get in a tunnel mindset), and unfairly being pushed for a slow response rate.

Long ago, when I was really into the game, my answer would have been 10+. And I do feel upset when lynched as mafia since I have more investment in it and it directly affects my team.

i was getting lawbreaker pings from your mega post because it felt very off-meta (i've skimmed your other completed game and it felt less formal/serious) and argumentative in bad ways at times (scum like to appear correct and win arguments even if the argument does not relate to alignment), examples here:
I wasn't excluded. He included me in his list. You also failed to mention a lack of DDL read which was similarly hidden.
Hmm. I think this also indicates that you're not paying attention deeply. The answer to your first question is right above the post you quoted. The second question is disingenuous as I wasn't ignoring Icon. I was very much willing to respond if he showed me the same courtesy. This is obvious from our engagement and I'm not sure how you missed it.
These were by no means for the sake of argument. It was suspicious to me that you "liked" Compath's read list but didn't actually read it. It indicated to me that you weren't really concerned with figuring out his mental state because you didn't fully read the reasoning (in which his reads on me and DDL were hidden). Regarding the second quote, it seemed to me like you were trying to throw shade at me without actually pushing me directly. You could have just said you thought those things were scummy, but instead, you made it look like you were just questioning me. This seemed disingenuine to me because your questions were already answered / or easily deducible. What about my response gave you the clarification you were looking for when all I did was quote the post you said you already read?

Regardless, you are currently trending town for me which I'll get to in my read list. It appears that your harassment of our beloved citizen Ame comes from her seeming to be uncooperative with an early inquiry, as well as an incorrect meta understanding. We will be reviewing our policies to prevent further misunderstandings in the future.

Detective out.

clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by clidd »

I sympathize with
Ame
's
questionnaire
, now that I know its purpose. I believe that, even if the mafia is a primarily logical game, it still involves many emotional aspects, such as state of mind, intentions, role playing, etc. A deviation in the long-term behavioral pattern is a suggestive evidence of
scum
intention, of course, but not conclusive if we consider the
emotional
charge when formulating evaluative reasoning. This is one of the reasons why, in some games, my reads seem to evade precision, while in other games, they are extremely correct. Depending on the context, playerlist, setup and sometimes even other real-life factors, there are scenarios that compensate for a
logical
approach, with the suppression of behavioral / emotional analysis, while other scenarios demand a more flexible view, with employment
empathy
to understand the real motivations of others, through the interpretation of interpersonal signals in typing pattern.
An example is the experience I had on
Micro 918
, mentioned previously in one of my posts. The context was one of the worst:
three scums
, and if there was a misslynch on the first day, the game ended
automatically
. In such a chaotic scenario, a player named
Norwegianboy
made a post that initially became the reason for a
SR
on him, so early that he became
L-1
with few pages of game. When I started to question him, he started an argumentation case against me that, initially, I judged as coming from a
scum
, following the logical line that he would obviously try to redirect attention to one of the players. However, in a second thought, analyzing the emotional part and associating the behavior with another game that I had played (
), I managed to reach the conclusion that he, in fact, was afflicted with some recent events of a past game, where he was tricked by an expert player who had the same typing pattern as mine, automatically conditioning his psychological to filter out "barriers" that would make it difficult for him to see any possibility that I was
town
, given the similarities that seemed to make sense in his head. Evidently, I was able to understand how he felt, taking no time to put him as
locktown
, precisely because of the emotional influence he was feeling at that moment. I was extremly close to hammer him when he got
L-1
, following my logical line that put him as
scum
, but i didn't. If I did, we would lose the game right there. From then on, I began to consider more intensely the extent to which I would, at least, try to understand the motivations behind each player's words and actions.
Now, bringing it to the context in which we are playing
, I deeply believe that
Ame
had a '' clean '' intention in bringing this questionnaire here, notoriously evidenced by the semi-transparent excitement I felt during the explanation of the '' key '' involving the questions and answers. She was really enjoying this. At this point, however, I no longer feel the same thing about
Hectic'
s behavior and I'm starting to consider that this character may be a facade to hide a malicious motivation, something that, unfortunately, I may have misinterpreted initially, but now it got a little more explicit, given the latest interactions.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 270, Slaxx wrote:oh christ.

I am reading Micro 915 | Brass & Shrapnel and Clidd is actually that fucking cocky about his reads as town. And hilariously wrong that game. Okay, Luca, do you have any knowledge of games where he is scum?

UNVOTE:
This intuitive line of reasoning also implies that
Slaxx
acted in this post on the influence of chemical reactions, as I explained during our interaction, so it is very likely that this is assimilative with a
town mentality
, where there was boredom due to my presence, followed from the demonstration by debauchery, and temporary indifference, until rapprochement by having to classify myself in one of his reads. This whole process indicates, at least for me, that this is the
town!Slaxx
, reacting spontaneously to the circumstances of the multiple collective initial
SRs
on him.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by Hectic »

Officer "Officer" Officer parking her cruiser.

The Chief Inspector has issued out a statement declaring that we have officially been Pocketed by Detective Ame. We're not sure what brought this Private Investigator to the town of Strawberryville, but her actions feel sincere and earnest.

We would love for The Force and the SVPD to work side by side to prevent lawbreakers from committing foul play in our good town, and to keep The Peace. We're unsure if Detective Ame likes to play the trend of being intentionally cagey early on, and then explaining all of her intentions later on very convincingly, but we now feel she is an upstanding member of this town.

Regarding Compath's reads list; the part which was on Ame herself I assumed was part of the read on clidd, hence the confusion.

A Case Progression Unit is now working on Knight Luca's Criminal Activities.

Stay tuned.

clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 68, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 66, Slaxx wrote:Welp that doesn’t bode well for my reads this game then
sorry slaxx tomorrow is a new day
In post 117, DrDolittle wrote:I thought post 8 was all right, and can justify the stupid pun entrance
In post 206, DrDolittle wrote:this is a european lobby it looks like
In this case, it is more difficult to use the analysis method by association, since these posts agree with a game pattern that aims at more frequency and objectivity than necessarily in the numerical expansion factor. Even with a metaread applied, this constancy is difficult to discriminate specifically to define a possible alignment. As a result, he remains null, until I am able to distinguish him correctly. I would like an opinion from those who have played with him.
Compath
Compath
Townie
Compath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by Compath »

Catching up now.
Compath
Compath
Townie
Compath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by Compath »

In post 326, Iconeum wrote:why does a pun entrance *have* to be justified?
Let's lynch VOTE: Iconeum for an
iconic
D1 lynch! :)

VOTE: Clidd
Compath
Compath
Townie
Compath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by Compath »

Shading and not actually pointing out what's wrong with the posts you're quoting. Vague sarcastic comments. Just randomly calling people scum, and when asked to elaborate, don't actually elaborate. This truly is peak town performance.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 359, Luca Blight wrote:‘Dislike’ as in you’re scumreading me for it, or simply think I’m wrong to do so?

I’ve never said I believe Clidd will always replace out as scum btw. I feel as though he’d be more disinterested as scum, however.
I believe
scum!Luca
would use this information in a very different way than it was done here.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 422, Compath wrote:Shading and not actually pointing out what's wrong with the posts you're quoting. Vague sarcastic comments. Just randomly calling people scum, and when asked to elaborate, don't actually elaborate. This truly is peak town performance.
The intention was to measure the typing pattern, not the content of the posts. I believe that basic interpretation would allow you to assimilate this.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”