Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Crazy »

I'll bandwagon and agree with the above two posters.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Rishi »

forbiddanlight wrote:Rishi, are you trying to defend and reign in a scumbuddy? Cause it feels like that's a possibility. The only things cretin has contributed is...absolutely nothing. Posts != contribution. Posts with thought put into them are. However, Sun hasn't really met that requirement either. They both are non contributors as of yet. But it's hypocritical to focus on one, Rishi. Why?
Cretin is obviously not taking the game seriously. He's an idiot that'll likely be replaced soon. The posts show very little, but he's more annoying than scummy.

Sun Tzu on the other hand doesn't come into the game for a couple days and then posts, "We have to lynch someone." It's cretin's first vote. It's not like he's in danger of being lynched right now. Cretin is an easy target because he's unlikely to defend himself beyond saying something like "ur meen." It's pretty easy to attempt to lynch the annoying guy. Being annoying is a null-tell. How is calling for a lynch on Page 3 not scummy?

I know it's early but we need something to kickstart discussion.

Also, how come when one player defends another, those players automatically become scumbuddies? Trying to set up some chain lynches there?
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:33 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Nope, if I were setting up chain lynches, I'd directly say that. Right now, I'm just saying there's a possible connection. The scumbuddy thing was actually a bit of jest. I still say that Sun Tzu and cretin are on equal levels of fail right now.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

forbiddanlight wrote:Nope, if I were setting up chain lynches, I'd directly say that. Right now, I'm just saying there's a possible connection. The scumbuddy thing was actually a bit of jest. I still say that Sun Tzu and cretin are on equal levels of fail right now.
Nobody directly says "let's set up chain lynches".
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:01 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Hey guys, let's set up chain lynches!
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:11 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kmd4390 wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:Nope, if I were setting up chain lynches, I'd directly say that. Right now, I'm just saying there's a possible connection. The scumbuddy thing was actually a bit of jest. I still say that Sun Tzu and cretin are on equal levels of fail right now.
Nobody directly says "let's set up chain lynches
and means it
"
Changes are bolded...
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:20 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I do. Or I would. If I personally thought A was scum, and had a strong correlation to B, I'd say "Alright, if we lynch A, and they come up scum, then we should probably lynch B". That's a chain lynch, is it not?
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I am deadly serious.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Crazy »

Rishi wrote:Cretin is obviously not taking the game seriously. He's an idiot that'll likely be replaced soon. The posts show very little, but he's more annoying than scummy.
That's an option? He has a right to play the game in his own way now, doesn't he?

From your earlier post, it didn't sound like you thought that was an option...
Rishi wrote:What do we do about cretin, by the way? Eventually we're not going to be able to ignore him.

He has no prior games played, so I can't tell if it's a jester ploy. I definitely don't want him alive in a hypothetical endgame, though.
Rishi wrote:Also, how come when one player defends another, those players automatically become scumbuddies? Trying to set up some chain lynches there?
I don't care for this. The only way forbiddan could be setting up chain lynches was if a. She and Cr3tin were scum partners and b. She's bussing her partner on page 3 and c. She thinks that the town would buy that and automatically lynch Rishi Day 2.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

forbiddanlight wrote:I do. Or I would. If I personally thought A was scum, and had a strong correlation to B, I'd say "Alright, if we lynch A, and they come up scum, then we should probably lynch B". That's a chain lynch, is it not?
That's true. If you see a connection between two players and one flips scum, the second is probably scum (assuming your connection is an accurate one).
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Rishi »

Crazy wrote:
Rishi wrote:Cretin is obviously not taking the game seriously. He's an idiot that'll likely be replaced soon. The posts show very little, but he's more annoying than scummy.
That's an option? He has a right to play the game in his own way now, doesn't he?

From your earlier post, it didn't sound like you thought that was an option...
Rishi wrote:What do we do about cretin, by the way? Eventually we're not going to be able to ignore him.

He has no prior games played, so I can't tell if it's a jester ploy. I definitely don't want him alive in a hypothetical endgame, though.
Hmm. That does seem like a contradiction. Good catch.
Crazy wrote:
Rishi wrote:Also, how come when one player defends another, those players automatically become scumbuddies? Trying to set up some chain lynches there?
I don't care for this. The only way forbiddan could be setting up chain lynches was if a. She and Cr3tin were scum partners and b. She's bussing her partner on page 3 and c. She thinks that the town would buy that and automatically lynch Rishi Day 2.
My statement about chain lynches was no more ridiculous than forbiddan's [sic] statement about me and cretin being scumbuddies. That's what I was going for.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

My statement about chain lynches was no more ridiculous than forbiddan's [sic] statement about me and cretin being scumbuddies. That's what I was going for.
You say that nooow...
-StrangerCoug

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Rishi »

forbiddanlight wrote:

You say that nooow...
What's that supposed to mean? I brought up the chain lynches thing in my previous post. When did I claim I was trying to say something different?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

What it means is that earlier you seemed mildly more serious. I've tried the it was a joke thing as a defense before. It doesn't work. However, to be honest, I was just being pedantic :P.
-StrangerCoug

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by Rishi »

forbiddanlight wrote:What it means is that earlier you seemed mildly more serious. I've tried the it was a joke thing as a defense before. It doesn't work. However, to be honest, I was just being pedantic :P.
Thanks for the advice, n00b.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Thanks for the advice, n00b.
Just because I joined HERE recently, doesn't mean I haven't been playing mafia for longer than your lovely join date :P. I've been playing for close to two years, I believe. Just usually only one game at a time.
-StrangerCoug

cr3t1n
cr3t1n
Goon
cr3t1n
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by cr3t1n »

Rishi wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:What has he contributed?
Not much.
i hav but no 1 replys
Rishi wrote:Cretin is obviously not taking the game seriously. He's an idiot that'll likely be replaced soon.
ur meen
Crazy wrote:That's an option? He has a right to play the game in his own way now, doesn't he?
ur rite

i fink sun tzu n forbiddanlight r mafier
i fink xtox is the jester

wat do u fink reply quickly i need 2 no
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:12 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Mwaha!
I have sucessfully confused Cretin. Phase 1 complete.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

i fink sun tzu n forbiddanlight r mafier
i fink xtox is the jester
I fink j00 r dmbr thin a bx f rcks.

No, seriously, me and Sun? I said BOTH you and him weren't contributing worth a damn. It's just I found Rishi's defense of you slightly odd. And seriously, Xtoxm, it doesn't seem like it'd be that difficult to confuse him.
-StrangerCoug

Apothecary
Apothecary
Goon
Apothecary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Apothecary »

We can't afford to lynch people because they annoy us. And yes, while Cr3t1n is annoying, we can't lynch him for that. We lynch people for being scummy. If the town don't have enough people to swing the vote in their favour, the mafia can breathe easy.
Show
Snake, snake, Cobra, Cobra...
----------------------------
Total:
Killed (Night): one
Lynched: None
Won: Once (rather epicly!)
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:10 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

We can't afford to lynch people because they annoy us. And yes, while Cr3t1n is annoying, we can't lynch him for that. We lynch people for being scummy. If the town don't have enough people to swing the vote in their favour, the mafia can breathe easy.
Why do you think I'm not voting Cretin. It wouldn't surprise me if he were the jester, or possibly scum. I don't want him to live to lylo, but he's a bad D1 lynch.
-StrangerCoug

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Crazy »

Then what are we supposed to do? By this, all the scum could just act jestery and we'd never lynch them.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:32 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Then what are we supposed to do? By this, all the scum could just act jestery and we'd never lynch them.
Wrong. The scum lose if they Jester is lynched. A scum acting jestery isn't going to live all game. The scum will eventually NK anyone who is acting too scummy and not on their team. They'll cut it close, but they aren't liable to let us lynch the jester. As such, scum acting jestery gets killed soon after the fact that the scum aren't killing them and it's getting too close. A lot of this set up solves itself by the way the rules are set up. Now, what do we lynch on? Scum tells, of course. Cretin, while being completely annoying and essentially useless, has been more fitting the bill of a useless townie possible jester than actual scum. He's a distraction. We need to focus on actual meat in this game.
-StrangerCoug

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Crazy »

Kay, then.

Vote: Skruffs
for not making sense this whole game.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Apothecary wrote: If the town don't have enough people to swing the vote in their favour
Why talk about town in third person?
forbiddanlight wrote:
Wrong. The scum lose if they Jester is lynched. A scum acting jestery isn't going to live all game. The scum will eventually NK anyone who is acting too scummy and not on their team. They'll cut it close, but they aren't liable to let us lynch the jester.
Isn't scum more likely to leave scummy townies for possible next day lynches than simply NK them?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”