Post by Aloratom »

In post 194, bob3141 wrote:
In post 193, Aloratom wrote:
In post 160, Flavor Leaf wrote:

Find some town
Found one. Mavsfan.

You?

why do you think mavsfan is town?
168 felt townie for an early read. Do you disagree?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Vote count 1.3
geraintm (4) ~
aloratom, bob3141, jake from state farm, profii

espressojet (2) ~
espressojet, ejjinami

profii (2) ~
geraintm, mavsfan41

aloratom (1) ~
egix96

flavor leaf (1) ~
unabombah

not voting (3) ~
Emperor flippyNips, BrightEyedFish, Flavor Leaf

with 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch

deadline:
(expired on 2020-03-01 10:31:46)

mod notes:

-
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 196, ejjinami wrote:
In post 186, Jake from State Farm wrote:This is why I like to create drama usually. Gives people to talk about. This game is definitely stale
Go for it!
Nah that’s the part people hate about me
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

OK, so one thing I find worth mentioning about these past few pages?
In post 157, geraintm wrote:I am 99% sure that any effort spent trying to decode players votes and posts day 1 is useless, and I am
wish I could go into every game with a policy of being on every wagon going just to get this time over with
I see, so you are one of those players who don't think too deeply about people joining wagons? Any wagon will do?
In post 189, geraintm wrote:People want to know what I dont like. Lurkers who come in and joins wagons to keep pressure off themselves.
..but...? :o
In post 157, geraintm wrote:I am useless at finding scum day 1
Wut? :lol:
Apparently you found my "planned agenda" scummy? Or you think it's a NAI-plan to "lurk and join wagons to keep pressure off myself"?

I don't think I need to join a wagon now, I can just start my own and be happy with it. :]
VOTE: geraintm
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 190, Jake from State Farm wrote:But unah isn’t under any pressure. So why take that jab? You’re under some and trying to deflect off yourself
Oh, so they are under some pressure? No wonder then. :giggle:
I also like this type of participation.
In post 186, Jake from State Farm wrote:This is why I like to create drama usually. Gives people to talk about. This game is definitely stale
Not sure about this one though.
I used to say "controversial" and scummy things intentionally to get myself scumread.
Simply to get content out of people, and to help ME get reads.
I've since realized that it's quite a selfish tactic because it helps me get reads, but only because I'm a conf.town to myself. :lol:
To basically everyone else it might end up muddying the waters and causes more trouble than it helps.

And here specifically you use the word "drama".
I dislike drama that is in any way personal and distracts from realizing scum agendas.
Drama based on personal issues often lead into nonsensical tunnels and policy-lynches.

With that all being said, I feel like I've said nothing at all. :lol:
Mainly because I agree with you on that playing against your win condition should be frowned upon.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 192, Espressojet wrote:This is a lot of heavy analysis for page 8
But not enough either, right? :]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 198, ejjinami wrote:Tho I do agree that Una’s inactivity might be scum-indicative. They talked rather highly about themselves at the beginning of the game and said that they’re usually a really good NK target as town so them just prodging here feels weird.
Just in case you are being serious here - I sort of wasn't at the start. :lol:
I do not have big ideas about myself.
I was just trying to taunt the scum. Maybe they'd waste a bullet on me if they thought I was something special. :]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Espressojet
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by Espressojet »

In post 206, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 192, Espressojet wrote:This is a lot of heavy analysis for page 8
But not enough either, right? :]
I mean, you're not wrong...
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

As much as I love all the nice/friendly vibes so far in this game, it is stagnating very quick.

I would L-1 gerain but with so many inactives I don't want a lolhammer to pop out of no where and ruin any vca type of stuff we would get from that wagon.

Here's a thought

Weird, that we haven't had to go through the typical conversation of: Is town or scum more likely to self-vote in RVS?

My opinion is that self-voting is a scummy thing to do but is unfortunately not AI. That being said...

VOTE: espressojet
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:09 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 190, Jake from State Farm wrote:But unah isn’t under any pressure. So why take that jab? You’re under some and trying to deflect off yourself
i feel under no pressure. if i was serious about trying to deflect pressure i would have added a vote.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:12 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 198, ejjinami wrote:Tho I do agree that Una’s inactivity might be scum-indicative.
inactivity on day one means nothing proveable. unless they were like being really active in another game and ignoring this, that would be the only time. i would actually give the opposite read to you, inactivity at boredom with a dull role...but i am not going to say that.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:17 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 204, UnaBombaH wrote:OK, so one thing I find worth mentioning about these past few pages?
In post 157, geraintm wrote:I am 99% sure that any effort spent trying to decode players votes and posts day 1 is useless, and I am
wish I could go into every game with a policy of being on every wagon going just to get this time over with
I see, so you are one of those players who don't think too deeply about people joining wagons? Any wagon will do?
In post 189, geraintm wrote:People want to know what I dont like. Lurkers who come in and joins wagons to keep pressure off themselves.
..but...? :o
In post 157, geraintm wrote:I am useless at finding scum day 1
Wut? :lol:
Apparently you found my "planned agenda" scummy? Or you think it's a NAI-plan to "lurk and join wagons to keep pressure off myself"?

I don't think I need to join a wagon now, I can just start my own and be happy with it. :]
VOTE: geraintm
Nope, go check my game history. i rarely move my vote, i am very sticky with it. the bit you were bolding is me just saying i wish games of mafia didn't have this awful day 1 where we all just sit around the campfire for a week until we eventalyl agree someone has to go. game becomes much more interesting and more progress can be made once we have a set of night actions, some deaths some invesigations and so on. that wish i expressed was just me sayign i wish we could get to the good part of the game quicker.

and what is wrong with someone sayign that they are bad at finding scum day 1? i make no claims to be good at this part of the game, would you rather i be dishonest and claim with 100% accuracy that all my reads right now are total locks and you should all follow me?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:18 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 205, UnaBombaH wrote: I used to say "controversial" and scummy things intentionally to get myself scumread.
Simply to get content out of people, and to help ME get reads.
I've since realized that it's quite a selfish tactic because it helps me get reads, but only because I'm a conf.town to myself. :lol:
i really like this bit :) shows growth in a person
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by profii »

I am a bit uneasy with Una... I feel like his reasons for voting were a bit mechanical BUT this is day 1 and the game is a relatively low paced affair so it could be excused.

Consider Una in my 'hmm suspicious' pile
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 159, bob3141 wrote:Why do you think day one is so useless.

Ok you say you dont have any scum reads yet but do you have any town reads.

Is there anything you want to ask in order to question another players?
why is day one useless. because it descends into a bunch of above average inteligence people (my general assumption is that mafia attracts a certain type f person) who unfortunately want to make themselves seem cleverer than they really can be, and believe that they can spot scummy behavior in a such a random period, whilst at the same time the scum are doing all they can to appear normal. it is just a waste of effort, if it was easy to spot scum at this point of the gamethen the game would be easy.

has anyone ever done the stats on the % success of day 1 lynches?

Got nothign to ask, what should i be asking? are you scum?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:29 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 172, profii wrote:So how do you find scum on day 2, if you cant on day 1? (That's not a trick question)

In fact I'll just jump ahead rather than wait for you to say it - on day 2 once you get a flip and a kill then you know a bit more about what's going on - obvious right?

The problem is it's great for those that haven't done much on day 1 - they can look at the players and be like well you pushed so and so and they flipped so you must be whatever

But we cant do that to you if you dont even guess, which makes you harder to read in day 2 as much
i think this was aimed at me.

yeah, you got me, but instead of me going "those who pushed a lynch look bad because you found town", i don't blame them usualy. they'll have been manipulated to get to that state. i'd much rather go after those who have lurked, not posted at all. i've just come out of a game where the scum* was really able to ride a couple of inactive/low quality content players for ages, able to focus the towns attention on themrather than trying to work out who scum was...

* note - i was scum :)
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:30 pm

Post by profii »

In post 215, geraintm wrote:
In post 159, bob3141 wrote:Why do you think day one is so useless.

Ok you say you dont have any scum reads yet but do you have any town reads.

Is there anything you want to ask in order to question another players?
why is day one useless. because it descends into a bunch of above average inteligence people (my general assumption is that mafia attracts a certain type f person) who unfortunately want to make themselves seem cleverer than they really can be, and believe that they can spot scummy behavior in a such a random period, whilst at the same time the scum are doing all they can to appear normal. it is just a waste of effort, if it was easy to spot scum at this point of the gamethen the game would be easy.

has anyone ever done the stats on the % success of day 1 lynches?

Got nothign to ask, what should i be asking? are you scum?
logically this is sound BUT at the moment nearly half the player list have less posts than the game mod.

I dont know the stats per se BUT I would say if everyone comes in and appears normal then sure, it's just pot luck, but I would say day 1 scum catches are usually people who are really reluctant to even participate at all in day 1.

I played a game with someone who just wouldnt humour peoples questions, got lynched and it was a scum flip. Wasn't really confident at the time but looking back, it was a big clue. I've also seen people just try and cruise through on the occasional post but I think that's such an obvious 'tell' most players try and post a bit more as scum now
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:35 pm

Post by profii »

In post 216, geraintm wrote:
In post 172, profii wrote:So how do you find scum on day 2, if you cant on day 1? (That's not a trick question)

In fact I'll just jump ahead rather than wait for you to say it - on day 2 once you get a flip and a kill then you know a bit more about what's going on - obvious right?

The problem is it's great for those that haven't done much on day 1 - they can look at the players and be like well you pushed so and so and they flipped so you must be whatever

But we cant do that to you if you dont even guess, which makes you harder to read in day 2 as much
i think this was aimed at me.

yeah, you got me, but instead of me going "those who pushed a lynch look bad because you found town",
i don't blame them usualy. they'll have been manipulated to get to that state
. i'd much rather go after those who have lurked, not posted at all. i've just come out of a game where the scum* was really able to ride a couple of inactive/low quality content players for ages, able to focus the towns attention on themrather than trying to work out who scum was...

* note - i was scum :)
everyones different i guess I mean - I'd not underestimate towns ability to just be wrong and think they are right in the highlighted situation.

I'd still ask that if I held a gun to your head and said 'who is the most scummy player in this game' that you should answer, even if you answer is "that guy, but it's day 1 so he is only like 5% more scummy than anyone else" - I can accept that totally
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:46 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 218, profii wrote: I'd still ask that if I held a gun to your head and said 'who is the most scummy player in this game' that you should answer, even if you answer is "that guy, but it's day 1 so he is only like 5% more scummy than anyone else" - I can accept that totally
Person i currently most want to lynch, which is as good as you are going to get from me today instead of "most scummy"

emperorflippynips - because 2 posts aint enough
mavs fan - 3 posts and the last is not joining the wagon on me, but instead voting for someone who is pushing a wagon on a townie. just too easy to have so few posts and trying to appear good in the future
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:41 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 209, BrightEyedFish wrote:As much as I love all the nice/friendly vibes so far in this game, it is stagnating very quick.

I would L-1 gerain but with so many inactives I don't want a lolhammer to pop out of no where and ruin any vca type of stuff we would get from that wagon.

Here's a thought

Weird, that we haven't had to go through the typical conversation of: Is town or scum more likely to self-vote in RVS?

My opinion is that self-voting is a scummy thing to do but is unfortunately not AI.
That being said...

VOTE: espressojet
I'm sort of in the same boat, I don't really think that self-voting in RVS is a tell.
If we're willing to entertain doing it outside of RVS tho... really all it does is make you easier to lynch.

I won't deny that Espresso is being quite trolly, but I'm not really seeing any malicious intent in it? Honestly he kinda reminds me of Rooroo from that Alt9p game I played.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:10 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 214, profii wrote:Consider Una in my 'hmm suspicious' pile
Oh. :lol:
I have a pile named like this basically every game nowadays.. :igmeou:
Guess you could fit there as well, profii my friend..
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:09 am

In post 210, geraintm wrote:
i feel under no pressure. if i was serious about trying to deflect pressure i would have added a vote.
Are you going to vote somebody seriously? Or do you think profli is scum?
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:40 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 222, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 210, geraintm wrote:
Are you going to vote somebody seriously? Or do you think profli is scum?
i didn;t list Profli as one of the two peopl ei would most like to lynch right now in 219
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:21 am

But you’re voting him and not one of the two people. Why?
Show
Things I've learned.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”