bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:16 am

Post by bob3141 »

Can you answer the question alortom. When germ wagon was building up did you scum read him. As you didnt realy do much either way. Neither reaffirming your scum read or pishing else were.

When did you rvs vote become a real vote. Or has it always been a rvs until you revoted
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:21 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 384, profii wrote:I feel like I'm at a bit of a decision point on the geraintm wagon and that decision is going to be influenced with bobs input quite significantly.

I concede that I am probably a bit more stuck on the wagon than normal, usually I'd probably agree with bob and say "the wagon has happened fast, scum will be in there" - I am trying to adjust my playstyle to stick to my belief rather than let people talk me out lynching someone - the desired effect being I dont get talked out of lynching scum as that seems to be happening to me.

So looking at the geraintm situation. I feel like bob is happy to dissolve the geraintm wagon. There is part of me that thinks 'he could be right and it could be a scum rush' but I think I am going to double down on my feeling that geraintm is scum and actually vote for

VOTE: bob

The reason being - i wonder if he is white knighting (Is that the right term? Helping kill the wagon on his scum mate Geraintm is what I mean...) I think bob has successfully killed the momentum on geraintm so let's move on. Some of bob's language is really bugging me too which is making me feel more confident something fishy is going on, rather than it being bobs theory of scum just getting on a wagon... for example...

"If he is scum it is prob being bussed as i dont see why scum wouldnt.
If he germ is town. Then are scum on it or have they avoid the wagon. Leaving us to vote it up and mislynch. Resulting in a all town wagon on town."
"if germitn is town and i cant see scum acting the way he did"

I feel like the 2nd line is very fence sitty, "he could be town or he could be scum" - yet happy to kill the wagon which says you dont want him lynched
The 3rd line (different post) bugged be just because it starts with an if, but doesn't sound hypothetical by the end, but it might just be the way I'm reading it.

TL;DR - I am doubling down that something scummy is going on in {geraintm / bob}

Proffii you more than anyone this game know i use wording like that all teh time. So i suprised you would make a issue of it. So you scum read on me is based on one not liking the quick momentum og germ wagon that my gut says is scum trying to lynch low hanging fruit. And wording you know is at worst NAI. As you have been in over 2 games were i have used the same sort of wording.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:34 am

Post by bob3141 »

Thats the wagon on me at its height.

mavsfan41, unabombah, proffii, bef, flippy

of those on it i would say teh most likely town is mav who unvoted a bit ago.

If he was scum it would be to hard or look bad for him to keep pushing it.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:37 am

Post by bob3141 »

interesting thing is the only other time in so many games where i got to l-2 in day one. Was a town game were i spotted one of scum early dayone. And was lynched for that read that turned out to be so true.
Espressojet
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Espressojet »

OK, at first Graintm (or whatever) didn't pop out as scummy in iso, especially not as much as some other people, but then at the end it started feeling strange

Quick reread

And it seems like nearly every post (read:95%) is defensive

There's lots of claims of not being good day 1, but that doesn't excuse trying

It appears we've either found some scum or been prodding a power role
Espressojet
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Espressojet »

Bob, more than half of your posts involve Germ

Any relationship there?

Also, I'm not clear on your read in that slot either
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:24 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 256, profii wrote:
In post 254, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 235, profii wrote:
In post 229, BrightEyedFish wrote:You can always unvote if you aren't SRing you RVS vote.
It might help us out in the coming days when VCA starys becoming useable.
Is this some kind of weird buddying tactic where you are trying to put the idea in his head that he shouldn't vote for me? :eek:
Ngl and maybe its the tin foil but leaving the vote there when it's past rvs and not a preferred lynch feels like its a strategic move somehow.
Ngl
and

so you are not lying about trying to buddy me?!
Pfffft, that’s pretty observant
In post 269, geraintm wrote:
In post 255, bob3141 wrote:geraintm although you dont list profii as one of teh two players that you want to vote. Those being two lurker players

But what do you think of his vote on you. That pushed your rvs wagon over 4 votes.
Meh. I've got no hard feelings about it. It is like, wrong, but most votes placed are wrong.

I think next game i'll be less.... blunt in my views to annoy less people, that's all i've taken from the game so far.
This pings town for really, really stupid reasons.
In post 271, Flavor Leaf wrote:Fun play. I wonder if it’s scum indicative. Looks like a last ditch attempt to try and fool le townies into going “oh FL hasn’t played what oh my should we do?! He’s prob scum!!!!”

And ya took the bait, gerry poo, ya took the damn bait
You know, it’s pretty funny that you’re posting all of that after getting only 1 vote.
You say you were inactive from the very start in order to make people form a wagon on you and read them.
1 person scum-read you, you immediately gave up on the reaction test and defended yourself WITHOUT the intention of scum or town reading him.

Hahaha, tell me lies, tell me sweet lil lies~
In post 276, profii wrote:
In post 275, Jake from State Farm wrote:careful what you wish for. Once boon starts playing for real the page count will triple. I'm down for a flash wagon but nobody ever has the guts to do it.
are you down for a flash wagon because FL has done something scummy or are you down for a flash wagon because you just dont like how FL plays?
Spontaneous and kinda provoking reaction noted.

Eh, it’s probably way too early to say this and I still haven’t read most of the new posts that appeared but I really like the way profii is playing. He seems to be chilling and just poking people here and there when an opportunity arrises without really making a push on anyone or trying to direct the lynch in any way.
It might come from scum if he’s skilled and focusing on faking his town meta but I‘m not sure how much I want to entertain that idea now.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:27 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 279, profii wrote:what has FL done that you find scummy?
And fun fact, I find it really unlikely that anyone would defend scum!flavor in that way after his reaction test.
If this comes from scum!profii, it should more likely be TMI or gaslighting (which would both mean that flavor is town).
buddying a teammate in a way that brings even more attention to them, just after they wrote a scummy post really doesn’t make sense to me.
In post 286, BrightEyedFish wrote:ohhh I just rechecked the VC and was reminded Geraint is voting FL too.

UNVOTE:
In post 287, BrightEyedFish wrote:feels like a ploy...
lol

Why aren’t you voting gera then?
In post 291, Jake from State Farm wrote:I don't know if I could put a number on it. His(leaf’s) play so far is scummy and he's useless so he is definitely a good day 1 lynch. He's going to be harder to lynch as the days go on and he's skillful enough as scum to fool everyone.
Another post that’s unlikely to come from SvS lol
Sigh
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Ejin

Stop pocket.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:35 am

Post by ejjinami »

BEF is town. If I ever change my mind or start hesitating, honestly fuck me. Him entertaining the idea of Flavor&Jake being a team and joking about it so much is just weird at this point.
He most likely joked about it precisely because he was aware that the idea is unlikely to be true.
It feels as if he’s focused NOT on pushing a ML but on just.... like.... idk. Himself
And progressing the game and sharing his thoughts while “preparing himself for failure”.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:35 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 433, Flavor Leaf wrote:Ejin

Stop pocket.
Hi
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:38 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

To be fair, if Jake and i ever were a team, he would 100% still call for a flash wagon
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:39 am

Post by profii »

I feel like your analysis of me is slightly misguided - I am kinda concerned that this thread turns into Jake vs FL or just generally Jake vs someone

I dont really want to tread on eggshells so I'm going to take an approach of make a point or dont but dont just whine about it
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:41 am

Post by profii »

Also bob I think your response is probably focussing on the wrong point. The language is a minor issue that is bugging me and tbh I've not noticed it particularly either way prior... it's probably just one of those things that because your pinging me I'm honing in on every detail
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:43 am

Post by profii »

In post 400, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 323, bob3141 wrote:BEF why would you hammer. There is no reason to hammer and end day one with us only at 13 pages
I know I didn't hammer. But I still like the wagon. Your weird "delayed" reaction to this is suspect.
It's not really... I also spotted it was a fake hammer and ignored it, the right thing to do is ignore it and let everyone else react

I feel like your maybe trying to force a reason to vote bob which is quite scummy tbh
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:51 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 317, geraintm wrote:Pissed if someone hammered me without any warning. This has been the laziest day one lynch I've seen in a long time.
Need to look who joined for crappy reasons come tkmorrow
PFFFFFFT
, LOL
Oh no, I have been hammered! I’m aware that I’m dead but we’ll still be able to talk tomorrow
Hahahaha, good job god dammit xD
You legit made me chuckle
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:53 am

Post by ejjinami »

profii wrote:I feel like your analysis of me is slightly misguided

Could you just elaborate?
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:01 am

Post by ejjinami »

@bob can you tell me your thoughts about bussing? :/
This might be kinda useless but eh, why not I guess
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:20 am

Post by profii »

In post 441, ejjinami wrote:
profii wrote:I feel like your analysis of me is slightly misguided

Could you just elaborate?
It was like the rest of the post Haha- I just dont want a tunnel fest in the thread
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:20 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 442, ejjinami wrote:@bob can you tell me your thoughts about bussing? :/
This might be kinda useless but eh, why not I guess

All depends on the game.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by ejjinami »

Quick note:
Mavsfan seems to be solving in a kinda passive and active way at the same time. His analysis posts seem detailed and he surely put some effort into them but it doesn’t feel as if he’s trying to control the lynch. He seems fine with just flying under the radar and waiting for others to maybe agree or disagree with his pushes. This is likely not AI in any way, considering for how long he has been playing, I really wouldn't be surprised to see that from either alignment.
It’s probably still worth noting tho
In post 361, Aloratom wrote:
In post 353, bob3141 wrote:VOTE: Aloratom

I see your still voting geraintm with your rvs vote. You have ben posting all the while its steadily reached l-1.

yet no real attempt to sort him or move the lynch off else where.

Only post whre you talk about an alignment is when you say that one of mav posts look towny. At no point who you think might be scum.

Why you think geraintn is scum
Actually, I'm going to take a look at espressojet. He's had that vote on himself for a long time now, and it's weird.

VOTE: espressojet
...:/
VOTE: aloratom

That’s probably my first real scum-read...
The post feels like the very definition of scum trying to fly under the radar. If the scum-read on espresso was genuine, I find it kinda weird that he’d only remember it now, while quoting bob’s post. It looks like he just realized that he was scum-read, posted some random stuff without thinking, just to not get lynched immediately, and started lurking again.

That should probably correct regardless of his alignment...

Can someone talk to me about how he plays as town?
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 383, geraintm wrote:
In post 344, Flavor Leaf wrote:If it got to L-1, I was gonna Outta Nowhere Hammer
awesome. i am surrounded by idiots....
Am I too naive by thinking that gera would have been less likely to comment like that on a post talking about his own lynch, if he was scum?
In post 384, profii wrote: The reason being - i wonder if he is white knighting (Is that the right term? Helping kill the wagon on his scum mate Geraintm is what I mean...)
White knighting applies only to townies.

Welp, throw my previous read on profii out of the window, I don’t think I can read him at all. ):
It should be pretty clear by now that being observant is just his normal way of playing, it’s probably not AI in any way.
And honestly I have mixed feelings about his vote on bob... I don’t really mind the vote cuz I don;t think I can read him either but the reasons are just kinda not convincing.
I think I am town-reading gera slightly after all so being so set on at least 1 scum among [gera/bob] doesn’t make me happy either.
Idk, it might be just a difference in preferences, but I just don’t like that read.
In post 384, profii wrote: I think bob has successfully killed the momentum on geraintm so let's move on.
For the same reasons I don’t really think profii should be in a team with either of them though
Damn, this would be such a weird progression if either profii&gera or profii&bob were SvS...

I might be overusing the interaction reads a bit rn but hush... I probably wouldn’t be able to find them again later on without noting
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 388, profii wrote:we have 13 players, which typically suggests 3 scum
There are guaranteed to be 10 town and 3 scum in this game.
In post 399, mavsfan41 wrote:When it comes to my thoughts about Bob3141 and wanting a wagon but not a lynch: I just really really wanted more outta him than “how do (insert player’s name here) feel about (insert action here)” post and for the most part, I got that in page 15. That page has several posts that would go into the “good” category of the official “mavsfans41 classification of post.” All I had from bob3141 up till that point were posts that I didn’t know how to interpret. Whether it’s town trying to move the game along or the weakest way to play scum and look town trying to look as though you’re pushing the game along. I read scum as someone who offered very very little and continued on and pushed a little on the geraintm wagon.

I thought profii displayed scum behavior and voted him earlier, but now I feel pretty certain he’s town. He appears to be actively scum hunting and props to him!
Do you have any other reads?
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 405, geraintm wrote:which was why i was shocked when i got hammered.
LOL
Espressojet
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by Espressojet »

First

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”