Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7325 (ISO) » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:46 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7324, davesaz wrote:
In post 7312, Firebringer wrote:
In post 7299, davesaz wrote:RC being surprised your slot is alive is just hilarious.
rc also wants to know why this is funny when he just won paragon and nsg was last year paragon and they have called all three flipped scum.
I keep a running mental picture of the game.
You did not factor into that picture, basically at all. Nothing memorable. The only thing I can state that I remember with 100% accuracy is being removed from the hood.
I remember a little controversy from GiF on D1, followed by essentially a vacuum until the announcement that you were booted from the hood. And not much concrete since.
I'd have to ISO to know what I've missed.
I think it's mostly style, and I'm not terribly proud of it, but for some reason I just don't notice what you post.
Another part of it is that I probably don't want to hear what teammates are saying, in general. I'm basically running solo here.
I don't mean this to sound harsh in any way -- I just want to explain what's happening.

It's 00:40 here and therefore sleepy time. Just letting you know that the next 8-10 hours are not me ignoring things. ;)
Okay your attempts at starting a fight is now old.

Try something else or I am just going to post silly gifs in response to any post you make.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7326 (ISO) » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 7323, panthaleon wrote:I mean firebringer is the weakest scum vibe I could have for the whole getting removed from the neighborhood with nom thing.

kuribo you had thought dave was scummy for awhile. Is that still something you feel?

I go back and forth on him, he's not my strongest scum read by far but he's not nearly my biggest townread either

Some of his stuff the last couple days makes me worry and I believe I've addressed that. Correct me please if I'm wrong.

His stuff today so far looks mostly fine though
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7327 (ISO) » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:49 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7321, kuribo wrote:
In post 7319, Firebringer wrote:
In post 7318, kuribo wrote:News flash FB, if you're town you're alive because your play is spamtastic, your reads are garbage, and scum has you pocketed because you've got exactly one scumread that you've held for days
but scum hasn't been killing anyone.....

Which if you knew anything about me, you'd know I eliminate threats to myself first and foremost

I literally even made a flow chart about it
RC wants to know why you would kill us if he sucks, and I suck. How would we be a threat to you?
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7328 (ISO) » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:50 pm

Post by panthaleon »

Also if someone did something to stop the kill, they should probably say something.
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7329 (ISO) » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:57 pm

Post by davesaz »

Reminder that no-killing on purpose to get a "guilty" or "innocent", especially when down by this much, is totally within the realm of scum tactics. Especially with old-timers.
Bonus points if you can come to the conclusion that pointing this out is 100% town motivated.
You made me stay up another 10 minutes.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #7330 (ISO) » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 7327, Firebringer wrote:
In post 7321, kuribo wrote:
In post 7319, Firebringer wrote:
In post 7318, kuribo wrote:News flash FB, if you're town you're alive because your play is spamtastic, your reads are garbage, and scum has you pocketed because you've got exactly one scumread that you've held for days
but scum hasn't been killing anyone.....

Which if you knew anything about me, you'd know I eliminate threats to myself first and foremost

I literally even made a flow chart about it
RC wants to know why you would kill us if he sucks, and I suck. How would we be a threat to you?
That question makes absolutely no sense

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #7331 (ISO) » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:08 pm

Post by kuribo »

Like I don't have to explain to you FB that a town player calling scum scum is a threat to that scum

Likewise I don't have to explain that if you're town, you suck because you're scum reading me

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #7332 (ISO) » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by kuribo »

Like not even just sucking because of scumreading me

But because your entire play has been asstacular garbage

Like from the word go

And I'm still salty about that bullshit where you said you baited me just so you could be all lol fake rage

You know what's manipulative as hell? Baiting people's emotions. Now where's the town motivation in that dude

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7333 (ISO) » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Alright now,

Listen up you FUCKHEADS.

I am only going to say this once. So you better listen.

None of you know how to play this. In fact you all are so stupid you don't even know a hole from your own ass.

Spoiler: your ass

The good news, and I do have good news for you. Is that I am a giver. A true virtuous man

Spoiler: picture of me

I intend to feed you, because I like giving to the poor, stupid, and disheveled lot of you. And if you take what I give you, you shall prosper just as I have prospered from the fruits of my own labor.

If you join my flock, maybe one day too, you can become as good as I am and start a small cult like me.
Chances are rather low on that one.

My point is that I cannot help you unless you help yourselves by doing what needs to be done. Sheeping me.
Show

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7334 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:09 am

Post by Ankamius »

I already know who I'm voting today

Nothing said today has changed my mind
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7335 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:40 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 7329, davesaz wrote:Reminder that no-killing on purpose to get a "guilty" or "innocent", especially when down by this much, is totally within the realm of scum tactics. Especially with old-timers.
Bonus points if you can come to the conclusion that pointing this out is 100% town motivated.
You made me stay up another 10 minutes.
Are you saying you did not commute tonight?

@Ank: Saying it here for all to see.. my team has mostly agreed on that lynch too. Amrun is all for it, and jjh made a surprising late appearance to announce the same conclusion (albeit having some doubt, but he probably isn't reading my case in the Team PT, and is trying to read the game without being affected of my reasoning). skitter is in doubt still (but hasn't spoken for a couple of days as it's weekend). Overall, it's what we had agreed upon still, and confidently so.

@All: I will start giving out my reasoning in a while.. bit by bit, so you can all digest where I'm coming from. I can also make town cases on all of the othr players (the ones I am not voting to lynch today) if necessary, but I'm hoping it won't come to that (too much work to go back and pick all the pieces with quotes and references).

REMEMBER: We now have TWO mislynches available, so it's basically auto-win for town if we can agree on THREE players to lynch in sequence, and I don't even think we will mislynch today either, so the game should be over today.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7336 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:43 am

Post by Almost50 »

Here's the first bit: jjh says gooey is mechanically clear. The Survivor couldn't kill, and needed to lynch BOTH DEB/gooey to get his hands on the BP. 2 Scums in there means they could have framed him and lynched him instead.

So, it's not gooey

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7337 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:47 am

Post by Almost50 »

@dave: Remind me (with quotes if possible) of you reads towards the end of yesterday. Like, if you -hypothetically- had the Tracker shot available and wanted to use it last night, who would have been the candidates according to your announced reads at the time?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7338 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:48 am

Post by Almost50 »

Also, confirm you didn't commute last night (I don't care if you did before or if it's still available to you. I just want to know it wasn't used last night.)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7339 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:49 am

Post by Almost50 »

@panth: which member(s) of your team are reading the game still?

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7340 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:35 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 7241, davesaz wrote:I hate having to clip off the damn team names when I make a read list, so this time I'll just leave them. Here's what it's at in terms of play. Unordered within groups. Should be an auto win if we just lynch at the bottom, unless we're looking at more than 2 scum. I'm thinking 1 is even possible, if less likely.

davesaz - Busboy Revolution

Gammagooey - Old Hat
kuribo - The Four Horsement
Almost50 - You Over a Disproportionately Small Gap
Ankamius - cancel food

panthaleon - Doomsday
Firebringer GuyInFreezer - Bird That Carries You Over a Disproportionately Small Gap

Dr Easy Bake - The Maurauders
In post 7242, davesaz wrote:I don't believe in lock town, but if I did the 5 at the top win this most of the time -- if they quit sniping each other all the time. The line between Ank and panth is like the Grand Canyon for God's sake...
For A50.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7341 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:36 am

Post by davesaz »

No commute last night.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7342 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:49 am

Post by Almost50 »

OK.. thanks.

I now do not mind outing I want to lynch panth. Here's another tip:
In post 2107, Vex Vience wrote:@a50 ill explain my reads in a bit if you want.
my notes were written primarily for me
to be able to make sense of the game and explain my thought process, with everyone else being able to discern something closely behind.
Now check the spoiler in (I'll save you the trouble of switching pages. here it is..)

Spoiler:

5th line.. [big secret]??? If you are writing personal notes for yourself, how likely are you going to have a "big secret" hidden from
yourself
?? I mean, was Vex afraid Korina would squeel? (Korina is Vex' alt)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7343 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Almost50 »

So those note were forges with the purpose of posting them to the thread.

Now check this out:
In post 2092, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 2089, MariaR wrote:It might be a bit obvious but Vex and I share a hood and he's basically lock town in my eyes. For his play in the hood/thread and he townslipped post number 1.

He made a giant post on why he wanted everyone in our neighborhood to be masons because of how neighbors work etc. Fully unaware that other hoods exist. I asked if scum had pre game chat and the answer was yes. I feel if Vex was scum obviously scum would say who they're in a hood with and Vex wouldn't make a post like that.
can confirm this statement btw. maria is locktown to me for play in thread/hood as well.
I will not even comment

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7344 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:54 am

Post by Almost50 »

@kuribo: One more time, please. Can you tell us how your hood ended up blocking the Inventors twice in a row? Oorc, No Maria proposed it and you agreed. Then on N2 Maria proposed it and... I don't remember which of you/panth supported it. Please be patient with me and gibe us your statement once more.

@pathL You can do the same if you like.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7345 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6682, MariaR wrote:
Kuri/panth- Both are still obvious town to me for hood interactions and thread play. If there's scum in here it's Kuri, but that's saying it with a '20%' confidence rate. Panth is never scum here.

The group of Dave/Fire are people I feel less confident on. I think with a DEB scum flip it def makes Fire look better but if I was scum Deb is the slot I'd bus 9/10 times so take that with a grain of salt. Dave hiding his result was super towny, but I was scumreading him for three days.
I'll be first to admit reading the top 2 lines alone is me conf-biasing, so I decided to quote the whole thing. Again, mo comment.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7346 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:09 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6683, MariaR wrote:So: Lynch DEB/FL FL first cause that makes EP obvious town with a FL scum flip or makes EP obv scum. We're going down to 10 people so if you want the safe scum flip I say go for DEB. Really there's 0 reason for him to be town here.

Never touch Pant/Gamma

I think you should leave Dave/Ank/A50 alive for another day.

You can look at people like Fire if you want, but I don't recommend it.
Then we have this. Maria said to lynch FL/DEB (i explained this before) and decided to conf!Town Panth/gooey,
knowing she is going to flip after having been venged

Reverse psychology would have made us suspect panth/gooey more, but with one scum flipping already in panth's hood it was gooey who was supposed to be lynched next to give DEB the BP (before lynching Ank and killing me on the same night I try to shoot DEB).

FL thought of a double-gambit though. Try to conf!town gooey (and try to trick dave into outing if he had used his commute shot already in the process) so it looks less sus when gooey gets shot the next night.

FL didn't see his own lynch coming though.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7347 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:20 am

Post by Almost50 »

Some quick VCA:

Flavor Leaf (6): Almost50, Gammagooey, kuribo, EspressoPatronum, Ankamius, Flavor Leaf
davesaz (1): Firebringer
Firebringer (1): davesaz

Where is panth's vote??? It's where DEB's vote was. Both BOT VOTING. The most likely stance for scum taken aback by an unexpected wagon on their "leader". Push elsewhere and you look bad. Vote your p and you lose the "brain and muscle" of the team.

Now let's scroll back to:

Creature (9): Almost50, nomnomnom, Gammagooey, MariaR, kuribo, EspressoPatronum, davesaz, Flavor Leaf, chennisden
nomnomnom (4): Vex Vience, Ankamius, DeasVail, Volpe14

Not Voting (3): Dr Easy Bake, Creature, GuyInFreezer

2 scums on Creature, 1 scum not voting. Do you think the 4th was also on the lynch wagon (voting right next to their p by necessity, as both gooey & kuribo were adhacent to Maria and dave was adjacent to FL) or were they not voting (why would TWO scums not be voting there?), or were they on the counter wagon (only Vex/panth & Ank are still alive)?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7348 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6716, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 6712, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote:nomnomnom (7): Gammagooey, DEB, EspressoPatronum, Ankamius, Firebringer, Flavor Leaf, nomnomnom
I can actually see this being mostly if not all town

Ank/Firebringer is where I’m thinking scum are, but I don’t think they both are.

I feel scum probably were staying off of Nomnom because fear of getting shot.
First impulse/impression: There's another scum on this wagon (other than FL himself). But then look whom he shades. Now gooey/DEB were on the same hood and I already explained why gooey is clear independently, so this is an indication both Ank/FB are Town (not my main reason to TR either.. skitter just tripped on this post while she was catching up 4-5 days ago)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7349 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 7159, Firebringer wrote:My team says flavor and DEB interactions yesterday were extremely fake
Like, I know it's very much within RC's scum!Range to bus his entire scum team, but he doesn't benefit anything from it at that point.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”