Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:37 am

Post by implosion »

In post 449, Team STRQ wrote:go ahead and tell me how to get wooper to engage into me then, because at that point I gain literally nothing from engaging into him

-Summer
Which post exactly is the reads list you were referring to?
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Team STRQ »

In post 447, implosion wrote:I'm very skeptical that hyper defensiveness in general would be a trait associated strongly w/ scum!duck. Maybe in the context of this game but still skeptical.
specifically against this slot? it's very possible for scum!duck

he's rolled scum against a hydra with a very similar composition (only Raven missing and replaced with another slot) and we obvtowned super hard immediately and were a pretty strong long term threat, if he came into the game and saw only a narrow window to work with as scum, us suddenly obvtowning and becoming an obvious heaven target is a huge threat for him.

-Summer
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Team STRQ »

In post 263, Team STRQ wrote:alrighty I'm caught up

Team STRQ
implosion
Something_Smart
Amrun
Homura
Looker
Wooper
popsofctown
Elmo TeH AzN

VOTE: Elmo TeH AzN

-Summer
In post 264, Team STRQ wrote:now that I think about it, pops and wooper can probably switch

neither are particularly strong scumreads, but I think this engagement is much more likely to happen with Wooper being the scum if there's exactly one scum in the past several pages

-Summer
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:41 am

Post by implosion »

yeah a list of people without any reasoning or questions or literally anything isn't really an invitation to engage... it's just an "i think you're scum".

If I see those two posts and I'm wooper, and I'm town and think you're somewhat scummy already, I don't really see that as any reason to engage, I'd just talk about you to other people.
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Team STRQ »

and yet he didn't really engage with anything else either?

-Summer
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:42 am

Post by implosion »

Case in point:
In post 426, Wooper wrote:I've just dropped another bunch of reads you're welcome to engage with.
Wooper said this and you told him to cut the bullshit... like, sure if you feel that way, but you're BOTH just talking past each other.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:43 am

Post by implosion »

(sure there's other things in that post but etc)
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Team STRQ »

implosion

my issue with him is that I see a clear agenda behind all his posting this game and specifically want to sort into that

I don't care about his reads right now because they're irrelevant to my read on him. I've never been able to sort him based on his reads, and the only thing I have to go on is his general approach to the game.

and when I engage into that, he shuts down.

-Summer
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:49 am

Post by implosion »

Meh. I guess I just don't really see it.

Do you have any other people that you feel decent about reads on? How do you feel about Amrun right now?
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Team STRQ »

it really depends on whether scum are trying to brute force a win or not tbh, that's what I've been looking for and the only time I really saw that was around the time of that giant 1v1 engagement several pages back

assuming it's not, then I think pops is probably scum instead for similar reasons, albeit with a lot less weight behind them than the wooper read; I don't think there's very good odds that 1v1 didn't have scum behind it, there's something fundamentally off about it and I don't think it feels that way if both of them are town.

however, if neither are scum, then scum simply don't have any presence in this game, which does increase amrun's odds being scum

independently though, no I don't have any particular read on amrun.

-Scum
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Team STRQ »

sigh

I knew I'd substitute that eventually

-Summer
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:51 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Lmao.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:32 am

Post by Wooper »

In post 442, Team STRQ wrote:jfc wooper, cut the bullshit and this hyper defensiveness that has no actual basis behind it.

it's really fucking disingenuous to throw so much word vomit out there in a very short timeframe, and then suddenly just draw back and go this "I don't need to do more, if you want me to do more, then make me do more" attitude, and then get all pissed off and righteous when you're called out on it. I specifically made a reads list that challenged your stances because I had a strong feeling that a town!duck would take that as a good opportunity to try to sort my slot directly, not... [url=viewtopic.php?p=11631299#p11631299]this[/u]. You've been attempting to forcibly shut me down from talking to you since then by calling this a "bad faith" engagement
To tackle this from another angle
once again how the hell do you see town!me replying to like...any of the dialogues you've tried to open...?
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:32 am

Post by Wooper »

In post 443, implosion wrote:
In post 436, Something_Smart wrote:Many factors are converging to make me believe there is at least one scum in {pops, wooper}. One such reason is that it's taken this long for someone to FoS me for being noncommittal, meaning scum haven't wanted to do it for some reason.

There are many possible reasons but the easiest one is that they (or at least some of them) know me too well to be able to get away with that.
Oddly I don't like this post all that much! Or at least it makes me feel things and I'm not sure how I want to classify those things.[/quot]
this post also made my stomach feel weird.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:33 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Implosion's post, or mine?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Wooper »

In post 451, Team STRQ wrote:
In post 447, implosion wrote:I'm very skeptical that hyper defensiveness in general would be a trait associated strongly w/ scum!duck. Maybe in the context of this game but still skeptical.
specifically against this slot? it's very possible for scum!duck

he's rolled scum against a hydra with a very similar composition (only Raven missing and replaced with another slot) and we obvtowned super hard immediately and were a pretty strong long term threat, if he came into the game and saw only a narrow window to work with as scum, us suddenly obvtowning and becoming an obvious heaven target is a huge threat for him.

-Summer
to be a little more explicit...... you guys not having underdevelopped reads and a godawful hydra dynamic is a tremendous boon to town regardless of your alignment and ya if you're town I think you have the capacity to o obvtown enough to be heaven1'd.

I also mostly non seriously floated policy heaven1ing you to see whether that was an adequate call to action.

I've also tried repeatedly pointing out that your reads are cripplingly underdeveloped to see whether that was an adequate call to action.

I've also refused your request to force an engagement with your slot abs effectively asked you to have a nuanced read on me to see whether that was an adequate call to action.

It's almost like every engagement I've had with your slot was an endeavour to push buttons and get AI content out of you, and now you're shading me for being SCUM!DUCK!!!! Despite like e.g. Undertale, a game where I scummed with a near identical hydra, involving a d1 where I avoided intimidate contact at all costs because you're absolutely frightening to have s=>t interactions against.

You're describing
literally
the opposite
of my scum m.o.
and then calling my stances disingenuous

like of course my stances are dramafied and polarising but they are that way to drag content out of you and force you to actually try and read alignments rather than just each randomly asking seemingly unrelated questions and then, what

Taly asks me for stuff I've just explained in great fucking detail, is too busy irl to react to me calling that out or develop his reads but reappears to explain this within like 7 seconds

Enter has been spamming non game related cute stuff since I replaced in - this really only makes sense fmpov if he's going for a cute pocket and scared to post AI content

You refuse to engage with anything already itt including huge bombs of directly game related content from my slot since rep-in but have an expectation I'm going to go EVEN FURTHER to start engagements with your slot; when called out rather than try to read me at any deeper level or start an actual engaging conversation you start asking me entrapping questions then go "smh it's scumduck" because I've abandoned charisma to try and make you vomit up content and because I've put more effort into solving the game and trying to get people in general to pay attention to what is going on rather than spending time forcing engagement despite already knowing that my scum modus operandi here is to either avoid interactions with y'all for as long as possible or hard pocket you until I can remove you from the main thread?

like nothing you're doing this game looks town motivated at all ank.
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Wooper »

In post 464, Something_Smart wrote:Implosion's post, or mine?
yours

how does that make you feel?
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Wooper »

In post 263, Team STRQ wrote:alrighty I'm caught up

Team STRQ
implosion
Something_Smart
Amrun
Homura
Looker
Wooper
popsofctown
Elmo TeH AzN

VOTE: Elmo TeH AzN

-Summer
Ank this readlist was directly after I did a goddamn page 10 towncase on elmo and expressed why her being town made me uncomfortable with Amrun

I also pointed out I was hard null on SS

I also was uncomfortable with pops then had some warm fuzzies on this exact page

I also have Homura in PoE but pops called for town!Homura at the bottom of the page before.

looker null and implosion town are literally the only reads we agree about. I've just been spending a tonne of time while manic late at night projectile vomiting my reads into the thread. You post a naked readlist which has someone utterly within their scumrange as your #2 townread and my #1 townread as your #1 scumread without commenting on any of my contrary reads and the onus is on ME to advance this interaction?

what on earth
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Team STRQ »

Expand on your familiarity with implosion's scumrange?

-Q
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Looker »

In post 439, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:I mean I'm happy you put a vote down but I at least want reasoning for this.
I wanted to test the voting musical chairs invoked by plurality lynches.

VOTE: Amrun
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:07 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Are you trying to tell me I was a plurality
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Dannflor »