Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:43 pm

Post by Wooper »

In post 669, Ame wrote:omg thank you! And yes I've also been playing since around '08! (I'm new to mafiascum though)
that explains a lot - welcome.
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:49 pm

Post by Wooper »

hmm
I'm a filthy Australian so I'll likely be asleep for deadline

you're friends with osie.. wonder if we've met offsite. forum mafia is a small world. I also moonlight as a duckling.

I think I'm like, fairly appropriate to flip, so if this lynch falls on me I won't lose any sleep but I do think it's generally pretty bad

Elmo is pretty obvtown.
I suppose STRQ have what I'd call ~town equity~ but they're nor actually very towny so keep them under a magnifying glass

ame/implosion can work out mech stuff between them

pops is slippery this game

SS knows exactly how he looks; so does implosion I think; latter more likely town

looker is kinda like fine if his scumrange is actually tiny lol

Ame's posting last page is like, okish for a d1 pass but not super super towny. it's definitely engineered to look good and I doubt they'll disagree with that assessment. the core read is that on looker + the PoE and I think those reads are like fairly good but the looker t/read is pretty easy if the meta thing is true

glgl
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:57 pm

Post by Wooper »

who can be sorted through heaven ugh

don't use it for e.g. ss

use it for town/deepwolf level slots

heavenlynching LCpL Jones/Korina hydra in the last Purgatory won the game for us. lol they were an incredibly deep wolf (utr) and without them there was some minor tvt but the game suddenly became PoEable
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

who has powerful deepwolf strength in this list wooper?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:12 pm

Post by Wooper »

hmm if I were scum I wouldn't be very deep
Elmo is probably actually just town :?:
maybe answer that tomorrow
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:12 pm

Post by Wooper »

I'd say maybe you if your posting continues on an upwards trajectory
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:13 pm

Post by popsofctown »

bzzt I'm bad at scum
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:33 pm

Post by Wooper »

I've
scum
masoned with you berry recently, lovely, and you are very far from bad at scum. I knew I could get away with cheeky shit that game because you were the most likely to endgame for nearly the entire game.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by implosion »

ya i just still don't see anything that makes me want to not flip amrun. shrug.

Ame spending like, an absurd amount of effort to justify Looker-Town is like, a little weird? I don't think it's the most uh, controversial viewpoint? Looker has no votes. Idk. It's an easy thing to talk a lot about sure but I'm not sure why Ame chose to put so much goddamn time into it in particular.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:36 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I don't see the scum incentive implo. Empirically that kind of "massive effort but like is that really the thing you should aim the massive effort at" has been NAI or TI when I've seen it (recently Asriel Dreemurr in a micro)
"Well, I..."
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:37 pm

Post by implosion »

the scum incentive is that they're genuine arguments that are easy to make, and that you can look engaged while making because it's the kind of thing you genuinely enjoy talking about as town, and it looks nice on paper.
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:38 pm

Post by Wooper »

In post 685, implosion wrote:the scum incentive is that they're genuine arguments that are easy to make, and that you can look engaged while making because it's the kind of thing you genuinely enjoy talking about as town, and it looks nice on paper.
this is basically my concern w them rn
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:38 pm

Post by implosion »

and now i'm sleeping and should be here a little bit before deadline but i'm not going to change because it's plurality and i'm stubborn like that!!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 685, implosion wrote:the scum incentive is that they're genuine arguments that are easy to make, and that you can look engaged while making because it's the kind of thing you genuinely enjoy talking about as town, and it looks nice on paper.
well, "on paper and in practice" if Looker is actually town, the double heavening i posited had a deliberate order
"Well, I..."
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:41 pm

Post by Wooper »

In post 688, popsofctown wrote:
well, "on paper and in practice" if Looker is actually town, the double heavening i posited had a deliberate order
fwiw I definitely clocked this
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

what do you mean by "clocked this"
"Well, I..."
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:19 pm

Post by Ame »

I'm still awake and my shift starts in just a couple of hours :[
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:24 pm

Post by Wooper »

In post 690, popsofctown wrote:
what do you mean by "clocked this"
I like saw that as an unconditional part of what you posted
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:24 pm

Post by Wooper »

In post 691, Ame wrote:I'm still awake and my shift starts in just a couple of hours :[
get some rest friend
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I wanna give Ame a hug
in a way that makes him fall asleep
"Well, I..."
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:04 am

Post by Ame »

In post 675, Wooper wrote:
In post 669, Ame wrote:omg thank you! And yes I've also been playing since around '08! (I'm new to mafiascum though)
that explains a lot - welcome.
Thanks!
In post 676, Wooper wrote: you're friends with osie.. wonder if we've met offsite. forum mafia is a small world. I also moonlight as a duckling.
I think osie is just everywhere (don't tell him I'm here it's a secret). I don't think we've played together, but I'm definitely aware of your quackery :3
it's definitely engineered to look good and I doubt they'll disagree with that assessment.
Not so much engineered as opening my black box? I'd very much prefer to just give one-liner reads and have everyone sheep me, but no one is ever down for that.
lol this comes off as...salty? tw too to a lesser extent. It's like I took two potenial MLes of the table and you're upset about / trying to doubt case it. If I had time to go through everybody, I would. As I said, I rely heavily on meta to gain an understanding of a person and I usually spend an absurd amount of time nitpicking the early pages and digging deep into each person's background. I just haven't had enough time to do so and I'm not confident in my reads until then. I TR pops but I'm not sure how much of that is giddiness from and her overall welcomingness. I need to determine the extent of her manipulability as scum and whether or not some of the things that have town pinged me are within her scum range. Three of the hydra heads have given me town pings (particularly Summer), but wooper has made it clear that they are a power player, and I'm likely going to have to spend hours going through them. S_S is scummy but multiple people that have experience with him have expressed that he's within his town meta. Amrun has been a non-factor. I've seen some of her play before in passing, but nothing memorable. Both you and wooper have given me strong pings in both directions. I very much think your treating me like I've been here since day start is twice now is gross. Elmo I could go more into, but I don't see the value. Looker is the only one I could really thoroughly contribute on before the phase end. And like seriously, establishing a strong town core is the most important thing this game!
In post 693, Wooper wrote:
In post 691, Ame wrote:I'm still awake and my shift starts in just a couple of hours :[
get some rest friend
In post 694, popsofctown wrote:
I wanna give Ame a hug
in a way that makes him fall asleep

Bye, foreal!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:31 am

Post by popsofctown »

presuming Ame isn't what gets killed anyway:

-pls feed my natural narcissism and dive me next
I was both nommed for Don Corleone last year and megashaded for being shitty at scum amongst finalists and the way people read me is just like always fascinating in general
I mention the nom not because I deserve it, Oversoul is a troll, but I can tell you are nudged by curiosity and it will invoke your dive
this is super selfish
possibly to the point of gamethrow if you could metadive scum and find scum
but im drinking rn and like mafia is supposed to be fun etc
-i mindmelded on "lol salt that looker's not a free ML" but of the two parties I definitely pick wooper. might be confbias etc. But hed be the slot that's "is it ok to say this out loud?" because he said it second and also he's scummmy for other reasons
-I love u and the way u play mafia even if you're scum
-FTR so you know I think consensus on the scumranges of the players of the STRQ hydra would be Ank>Krazy>Enter>Taly(Summer>Qrow>Raven>Tai) with Taly being speculative because they haven't been on site for a long time and I think the time they were onsite coincided with my hiatus. This might help you sort maybe I hope.
-Cats are the best
-I'm out of hyphen points but I'm drnk and want to make more hyphen points instead of going to bed like a responsible adult
-Treating you like you've been here since daystart has been inexplicable and also made me super ??? since your readup progress seemed super explicit?
Also I'm like kind of realizing just right now that the graph you posted is a graph of a different game and you haven't necessarily efforted this game past "I've read all the posts in thsi game" and when I was previewing the post planning to read it :I told myself "this has .png filetype in it and therefore Ame has gone past reading all posts in the game" but that's not really true so I invite other townies to not make the same mistake except Dannflor he can make that mistake it's ok I love him no matter what he doest because if I was sad on a monday he would PM me a kitten gif

-I think towncores are valuable but even though it might be grumpy 08er bias I feel like ms meta is skewing too far south in not recognizing the value of accurate scumreads and how that can be good dayplay
-loki says i should get in bed gn
"Well, I..."
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:18 am

Post by Team STRQ »

I think my cold has been affecting my play more than I thought it did, so I'm tapping out until I'm not sick anymore

Sorry

-Summer
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:26 am

Post by Amrun »

Implosion, why is trying to engage with you like trying to engage my toddler in a game of chess? You say you’re bored but I open a dialogue and you drop it.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 684, popsofctown wrote:I don't see the scum incentive implo. Empirically that kind of "massive effort but like is that really the thing you should aim the massive effort at" has been NAI or TI when I've seen it (recently Asriel Dreemurr in a micro)
I mean some people just ~effort~ as either alignment and as scum they need to find some things to ~effort~ about.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!

Return to “Completed Open Games”