Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7575 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Gammagooey »

So basically what I got from rereading a bunch of dave+Flavor+Maria's isos together
(and then some of panth+Flavor+Maria's later)

is that dave's day 1 play feels weird for how much he interacted with scum, but is otherwise pretty damn good, and if we had gone from Day 1 or day 2 or probably day 3 into a Maria lynch+FL lynch+DEB lynch I'd probably feel mostly fine about him (though I'd still bitch about how little it felt like he scumhunted imo in days 2 & 3)
Spoiler: some dave+FL day 1 posts
In post 219, davesaz wrote:VOTE: flavor leaf
In post 223, Flavor Leaf wrote:I guess I’ll 1v1 dave. Interested in seeing what happens

VOTE: Davesaz
In post 244, davesaz wrote:Fl link a town game you started off disinterested in. I just saw a scumgame where you weren’t your usual playful self.
In post 441, davesaz wrote:BTW serious FL is still not fun FL. ;) Be interesting to find out post game whether this is all because of that naked vote though. ;)
In post 438, davesaz wrote:Actually, there's also a big difference between not liking and not being on board. I had something like 4 pages to read and another one got posted while I wrote my 2nd post.
I'm gonna take my wife to get ice cream. Hopefully FL has pulled his head out his ass with respect to me before I'm back.

pedit: and another half page writing this one
In post 501, davesaz wrote:
In post 445, Flavor Leaf wrote:You don’t like the push but you’re on board...?
No, what I said was not on board. Not joining along with, which carries no direct connotation of agreeing with or not agreeing with. I guess it does carry a vague kinda "wtf is that" feel. And that post was
strictly
about the page containing the post I quoted the reads list from.

I have a very strong mistrust of that Elements town read, which seems completely unwarranted especially given the ratio of Elements posting of real content to a dozen others. That may or may not result in an independent scumread there regardless of what your thing yields.

Pedit: you can turn off the self promotional subtext. I'd like to be able to continue enjoying the game, please. :cool:
In post 1081, davesaz wrote:Wow, I would have thought Maria had played enough games with me to not be so completely wrong about what to expect.
In post 228, Flavor Leaf wrote:Dave’s played with me way too much to know I take some time to pounce into my town games to immediately go straight towards a vote, so I’m curious on the follow up.

I like to make a grand entrance; i take over games too much with the present of my presence
lol
, so i like to come in and out.
In post 261, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 244, davesaz wrote:Fl link a town game you started off disinterested in. I just saw a scumgame where you weren’t your usual playful self.
I’m going to go find a single random town game out there
In post 263, Flavor Leaf wrote:viewtopic.php?f=23&t=80488

I was in a hydra here, but look at the Baezu Leaf ISO.

Then look at like my first 5 posts. I signed them all.

My town game is the epitome of “dgaf until I do”
In post 287, Flavor Leaf wrote:This game also started yesterday, Dave. Pushing me for not coming out of the gate blazing...

Would you like me to come out blazing?
In post 404, Flavor Leaf wrote:I have 2 votes on me from actual lol votes.
In post 410, davesaz wrote:
In post 330, Volpe14 wrote:Hmm, I think I mostly finished? my very early reads and I'm looking at:

[Volpe]
[Elements]
[GiF, Fark?, Espresso]
[everyone else] - null or nullscum
I don't think I'm really on board with what FL is doing on the page I'm reading, but this reads list struck me as strange. In particular what has Elements done to deserve being highest town read?
In post 420, Flavor Leaf wrote:I also didn’t hard push, I just voted.

People act like I’m some pariah god here. Without any meta on me as a player, this would have been taken much better.

Also, Volpe’s scum list is literally a combination of anyone going after him.

I feel scum are more likely to defend townVolpe in this scenario, so if Volpe is town, dave is probably lock scum.
In post 431, Flavor Leaf wrote:@Nomnom - if Volpe is town, they have me pushing them. Scum will position themselves on both sides. They wouldn’t need to join my side just yet. They’d get enough pressure based on my push.

Dave’s also lock scum, and you can see how he’s positioning.
In post 432, davesaz wrote:UNVOTE:

Yes, it was a lolvote. Thought I'd take a swing at a beehive and see what happened. :lol:

You need to read my entire post before trying to interpret whether I'm defending Volpe. (hint: not)
There is a big difference between liking / not liking the substance of a push, and having a read on the target.
In post 437, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 432, davesaz wrote:UNVOTE:

Yes, it was a lolvote. Thought I'd take a swing at a beehive and see what happened. :lol:

You need to read my entire post before trying to interpret whether I'm defending Volpe. (hint: not)
There is a big difference between liking / not liking the substance of a push, and having a read on the target.
I don’t care if people like my push or not, it’s a completely valid reason to push.

People always talk about 3rd or 4th on the wagon is scum, screw that noise, I’m going less surface level with it.

If I’m wrong, I’m wrong, it’s worth diving into.

This has been a great discussion starter, and now look at us.

We in this shit now.
In post 445, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 438, davesaz wrote:Actually, there's also a big difference between not liking and not being on board. I had something like 4 pages to read and another one got posted while I wrote my 2nd post.
I'm gonna take my wife to get ice cream. Hopefully FL has pulled his head out his ass with respect to me before I'm back.

pedit: and another half page writing this one
I just kinda think you’re scum here, tbh. I can’t really explain it yet, but yeah. I do expect you to play in a way to balance my read on you if you are scum, so

You don’t like the push but you’re on board...?

Who’s on PenguinPower’s team? I need him here. You know how many games I went 3 out of 5 of these guys are scum. Idk which 3. And was correct? Idk the relevancy of that, but it popped into my head here.

Oh, right, because people were like, nope don’t like that FL, you’re not right. And i was right.
In post 449, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 441, davesaz wrote:BTW serious FL is still not fun FL. ;) Be interesting to find out post game whether this is all because of that naked vote though. ;)
Idk, man. I just feel it. My gut is generally pretty good at that kind of stuff, and if I’m wrong, I don’t think I’m necessarily bad at reading you.

I feel I’d figure it out eventually. I’m not pushing you today.
In post 538, davesaz wrote:@FL why did you jump from FoS on chenn to a hard attack on someone who voted him?
In post 542, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 538, davesaz wrote:@FL why did you jump from FoS on chenn to a hard attack on someone who voted him?
In post 321, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 318, chennisden wrote:FL you are doing a really good job putting words in my mouth that weren't there
Someone’s getting Third Degree Boon’d, they just don’t know it yet.
Also, I just kind of say random surface level stances on things until someone comes off as actually scummy early game.

But day 4 is fucking gross, it's the day when he could get away with the most because he didn't want to actually give reads in that time, Maria townread that because ???, and every time a scum member brought up thinking he might be scummy during it they clarified that they didn't think he would be lynched that day or just said they weren't going to push dave that day

This is every single vote he made Day 4, put alongside FL's posts before his (who he just said he was somewhat suspicious of that day) and a couple contextual Ank/EP posts

Spoiler: Read this please, it's not that long
In post 5378, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 5351, Firebringer wrote:Scum removed me because they want to ensure nom has venge because she is gonna shoot wrong and they want her to save them work

Which is what Maria says as point 2 and I agree

So let’s not lynch nom
Yet you voted me? This is kind of a contradiction by you because I’ve been actively trying to not have Nomnom be the lynch here.

Biggest thing that gives me pause on DEB is Maria pushing it, but I’m okay killing there.

VOTE: DEB

Curious to what happens.
In post 5379, davesaz wrote:I think DEB is similar here to D&D where he was cult leader.
VOTE: DEB
In post 6334, Flavor Leaf wrote:VOTE: Ankamius
In post 6346, davesaz wrote:VOTE: Ank
In post 6349, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 6346, davesaz wrote:VOTE: Ank
Can you explain why you voted here?

You haven't talked about Ank much recently, so the naked vote comes as a bit of a surprise.
In post 6350, davesaz wrote:With a few people comparing sizes of their
body parts
and some of the same and others doing nothing but whine about the game state, I figured we need some
wagons
I kinda also wanted to see who would comment, if anyone.
In post 6427, Flavor Leaf wrote:I need to sleep, so i‘ll do a deep dive sometime tomorrow if i can.

UNVOTE: Ank
In post 6428, Flavor Leaf wrote:Gamma

Nomnom
Kuribo

Espresso
A50
DEB

Dave
Ank
Firebringer

Maria

Panth

Is where I think I’m at atm.
In post 6431, Ankamius wrote:Panth what are your reads atm?
In post 6432, Ankamius wrote:All of them please

I don't need a paragraph or anything for all of them, just a brief explanation on every slot works
In post 6435, Ankamius wrote:I need to double check things

But it literally might just be as simple as Gamma + Davesaz + 2 in the roleblocker hood

No shit the gamestate is like this if all the attention is on the all town hoods

The night actions of the commute and doctor hood make sense as all town
Revealing my neighborhood makes sense
Removing FB was to add more tension onto nom and remove the commute
Me + EP is a distraction, nom is a distraction

It makes sense
In post 6437, davesaz wrote:VOTE: panth

To me it really feels like dave was going along with what his scumteam was doing for most of the game - Maria needed an excuse to roleblock him night 1? Bam that's provided with Maria and dave butting heads a little day 1 and then dave just shrugging off Maria roleblocking him as not alignment relevant for her later. DEB's getting the first serious push of the game? Make a post asking Ank whether the wagon being all-town includes him even though he doesn't seem like he's been townreading DEB before that and I don't think it makes sense as an assumption from Ank's posts alone. FL needs help pushing town wagons day 4 to try to secure the win? dave is there. People are finally bothering to push FL on his slip with Maria? There's dave again defending it and trying to direct the conversation away with it until Almost makes it clear that the FL wagon isn't going away, and then dave immediately jumps on and hops off again later when Firebringer is poking him.

Spoiler: dave's DEB wagon question
In post 3959, davesaz wrote:
In post 3958, Ankamius wrote:Dr Easy Bake (6): Gammagooey, Almost50, chennisden, Flavor Leaf, Ankamius, MariaR

I think this wagon has very good odds of being all town
Including the target?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panth has not been around a ton, and he has going along with Maria as a strong town read without much thought against him, but to me at least his reactions to the game feel more natural, his townread on FL the day FL got lynched feels like an actual townread instead of an excuse for not voting him sooner, and he's imo felt more like a town player getting invested and irritated at the game than dave has. I DON'T think he has really any interactions with scum that are implausible to fake, and his play hasn't been particularly engaged through a lot of the game so I wouldn't be absolutely shocked if I was wrong. But I also think that panth hasn't really had a cohesive plan this game - his play has been "push nom because she's scummy - push DEB because his play is garbage and my neighbors told me too", which I personally think is more likely to be a town mindset than a scum one. Maybe he was expecting FL/Maria to carry the game for him once he replaced in as scum, but I can't help but think he'd just be doing more to either help his partners or muddy the waters if he or they got lynched.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY SUMMARY IS: I would like to lynch dave and please read the above for why if you haven't already. If you're convinced panth is scum then I won't shed a tear over it but this is what I would personally like to do.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7576 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7574, davesaz wrote:Remember that other guy we lynched for refusing to do anything useful in the game?
He flipped scum.
Yeah I didn’t lynch him for doing nothing.
His interactions with FL sealed him as scum.

If u lynched him for doing nothing maybe get better at reading and not relying on PL people to luckily be scum?
Just a thought
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7577 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@gooey:
In post 3221, Flavor Leaf wrote:I think there’s scum in the commuter hood, the Fakran hood, and the Volxen hood.
Going by the primitive rule of 1 in 3, dave is TOWN. Could you please just trust me on this? I mean, we're down to just 1 scum alive, so we can lynch him (and lose) the day AFTER tomorrow if the game goes that long.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7578 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 7577, Almost50 wrote:@gooey:

Going by the primitive rule of 1 in 3, dave is TOWN. Could you please just trust me on this? I mean, we're down to just 1 scum alive, so we can lynch him (and lose) the day AFTER tomorrow if the game goes that long.
As someone who just went through what felt like half the dumb game I can find you at least two rule of threes that point to panth being town by that logic too, FL is talking about neighborhoods and not players anyway

If either of Fire/kuribo want panth dead then panth lynch is happening

if they both want dave instead then as I said I'd prefer that

If the day is still going on let's say Sunday I'll also just hammer panth so chill
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7579 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 5073, Flavor Leaf wrote:Maria, Panth, Ank is probably the scum team. Maybe DEB instead of Panth.
In post 6371, Flavor Leaf wrote:Panth, FB, DEB. If you’re not scum, then I’m starting to feel like it’s A50, but that’s a slippery slope
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7580 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by panthaleon »

The fact that I'm still alive indicates to me that the last scum is prob already on me. Like unless kuribo is going for that loooong con
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7581 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 6518, Flavor Leaf wrote:Here’s the thing, I started thinking, and the player that we would agree on as a compromise lynch, my go to person I was about to say was “I could do Dave.”

However...I feel like because I was about to say that without thinking, that he is a mislynch.
In post 6519, Flavor Leaf wrote:I could be overthinking it.
In post 6548, Flavor Leaf wrote:Let’s lynch Panth
In post 6549, Flavor Leaf wrote:Or Maria
In post 6556, Flavor Leaf wrote:VOTE: Panth
and for the SPICIEST threesome of all
In post 6717, Flavor Leaf wrote:Panth, Dave, A50 is where I’m at.
and to be clear I think there's a 0% chance that you're scum this game Almost, you getting legitimately mad at me for my 'no shit sherlock' comment day 1 when you wanted DEB dead over all the other lurkers doesn't come from scum trying to bus day 1, not to mention all the other shit you've done since near the end of day 4 that's made you obvtown

but yeah I think dave's scum and if it's not it's incredibly likely to be panth because I think literally everyone else in the game has STRONG reasons to be town, and I want the sweet sweet bragging rights of us lynching the last 3 scum consecutively but panth first and then dave still wins us the game so *shrug*
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7582 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I'm honestly fine with that

upon reflection, my townread on dave is the most fragile one and I'm likely making more assumptions to justify that than every other read

shrug
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7583 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Ankamius »

it's one of the two

that I would bank the entire game and event on
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7584 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by davesaz »

I guess I'll remove the bookmark and wait to get a PM.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7585 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:04 am

Post by Ankamius »

Alright cya
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7586 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:22 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 7578, Gammagooey wrote:if they both want dave instead then as I said I'd prefer that
I prefer dave at this point, and I think that ends the game today.

I'm just holding my fire to see if FB ever comes up with the RC stuff he told us to be quiet for.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7587 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:32 am

Post by Ankamius »

His reads trend downward as the game reaches midgame and endgame so I wouldn't hold out too much hope that he'll find something much more convincing outside of those 2
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7588 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:33 am

Post by Ankamius »

Btw kuribo I'm just curious

Did you go into why davesaz at all
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #7589 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:10 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 7487, kuribo wrote:I don't like that Dave has a similar void of townie looking stuff. I think he had one or two days of good play where outting his ability bought him time, and that enveloped around that time period is some evasive looking behavior.
I think there could be merit in the idea that he didn't want to have to clear someone and so he didn't kill anyone.
I think his vote on you is defensive.
I think Dave's entire play has been defensive.
In post 7400, kuribo wrote:I've never been good at wall posts or making long cases or anything like that, and frankly I don't think anyone in their right minds would expect me to anyways.

I do want to say that A50 is by far my strongest town read, and I'm very heavily townreading Gamma as well.

I'm still unsure about panth being scum, but Xtoxm thinks that's just reluctance on my part because of our personal blowout. ie, he thinks I feel guilty for being pissed off at panth before and it's tainting my read on him.

Dave's play has been one or two shining moments of towniness with a lot of bad stuff that looks worse and worse in hindsight. I'd lynch this at this point.

I still don't like a lot of FB's play and interaction towards me. Whether it's scum indicative or just bias, I don't know. I do like that he clarified things with me regarding RC today. I don't think FB-scum tries to bring me to his pocket by saying "oh, RC doesn't hate you." I think in his case it's easier for him to simply continue fueling that and drag me into another pissfight.
In post 7530, kuribo wrote:I want more from Dave besides a naked vote to save himself

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7590 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Ankamius »

muchas gracias
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7591 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:17 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 7530, kuribo wrote:I want more from Dave besides a naked vote to save himself
Asked and answered.
I have said who is scum and why.
That's it.
Either lynch me and lose, or lynch someone else and win.
I'm done talking about it.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7592 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:19 am

Post by davesaz »

This bugs me enough to just post my role pm and get it over with.
But I'd like to serve the site as a listmod or even admin. Can't do that as a rule breaker.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #7593 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:41 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 7591, davesaz wrote:
Asked and answered.
I have said who is scum and why.
That's it.
Either lynch me and lose, or lynch someone else and win.
I'm done talking about it.

I wasn't asking you to repeat yourself. I was answering Ank's question regarding my opinion of you and the gamestate. She wanted examples of me showing why you're my #1 choice.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #7594 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:46 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 7591, davesaz wrote:I have said who is scum and why.

Okay let's say you're town.

Your assertion is that gamma is scum, right? But you also questioned FB's usefulness and compared it to DEB's. So is FB scum?

Lemme phrase this even simpler:

Suppose you get lynched and flip town. If I were to survive the night and wake up tomorrow, then channel your ghost into my hatred, who would you want the Murdercock to destroy?

Or pretend for a moment you're vengeful and you have the chance to end the game. Who would you shoot?

No explanation. No bullshit. Just tell me whose lynch you feel wins ya the game.

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7595 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by davesaz »

Panth is scum.
If not panth then FB.
If not FB then Gamma.

How many times do I have to say this?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7596 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by davesaz »

I may have my track left, so if we don't lynch scum and I don't get killed I might get a guilty.

I can't get into the depths of how stupid it is to lynch me. It's just beyond belief that anyone would consider it.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7597 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by davesaz »

One of my two obvscum thought it was important enough to avoid being tracked and were unsure enough whether I had commuted or not that they took a gamble on not killing.
Or Gamma is a high enough kill priority that they killed into a BP to try to get to the point they can actually kill him.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #7598 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by kuribo »

If you had a track left I'd hope to god you'd have said so instead of letting yourself get run up the flagpole and then declaring that you were deleting your bookmark

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #7599 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by kuribo »

Like you've been on the table for daaaaaaays at this point and it's only now, on day 7 when you might be lynched that you're all "let me live another day I might have a track left!" Even though you've had investigative abilities for four days now and nothing to show for them.

This isn't some situation where you rolled investigative, it's a situation where scum can claim the role for itself.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”