Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 999, popsofctown wrote:
But the discussion regards an immediate heavening decision?
But it's not me who's going to get sent to heaven immediately.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:25 am

Post by popsofctown »

ok but like you realize you are at best describing your own thought process but not canvassing. It looks like you care more about lamisting than getting a high quality decision and getting others onto it.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

Pandora was laying in my lap but Loki attacked her and they both left and now I am sad and alone
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:27 am

I don't understand how you reached that conclusion.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:29 am

Like not getting others onto it, that's fair. I think my interactions with Ame have indicated pretty clearly that I don't consider that a priority, especially early in the day.

What makes you think I haven't attempted to make a high quality decision? And what makes you think I'm being LAMIST, when I just said I didn't care that I wasn't being townread yet?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1004, Something_Smart wrote:And what makes you think I'm being LAMIST, when I just said I didn't care that I wasn't being townread yet?
Is this sentence real?
Try to think about this sentence
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:52 am

It would be LAMIST if I brought it up unprompted, but you specifically asked about it.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

Look, lamisting vs actually exhibiting town behavior is always this wifomy social game thing. Town!you should be open to the idea another townie would misinterpret your play that way.

I want to read you.
Talk to me about why you would heaven Elmo and why you wouldn't.
"Well, I..."
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Team STRQ »

This head is back into the thread as well, at least as much as he can.

:/ My original reads were
Elmo/Amrun/Wooper
as scum since I felt off with the timing and positioning of their reads when
wooper
entered the thread. (
wooper
narrating
Elmo/Amrun
as TvS without directly engaging with them,
Amrun
townreading
Elmo
while
Elmo
voted her, and each doubtcasted this hydra especially
wooper
after my post toward him. Granted, I didn't have time to reply and that justified his thoughts more. But each of their stances felt like it could be forced by distancing two buddies from a partner.)

Wooper
rolling town invalidates this thought process, I'm going to try to reread the game up until now as I catchup a little, but I need a piece of everyone's mind.

Implosion:
Can you follow me through your read progression on
Elmo
? I'm also not vibing with the idea
Amrun
was a resisted wagon based off voting patterns, both you and
Looker
remained their through half of Hell1, and she was the day's longest running wagon.

Looker:
Can you elaborate on your townreads?

Elmo:
I'm having trouble navigating where your head is at this game. You voted
Wooper
who was one of your biggest townreads from what I gathered. Your posts post-townflip feel disingenuous, especially since
this hydra was also a wagon, and you've said you wanted us lynched multiple times

But even then, it doesn't align with what you say about this slot because you've voiced a townread here. If at least half of the major wagons Hell1 were townreads - regardless of why you would've wanted a townread lynched - why didn't you push for an alternative?

Amrun:
I'm still waiting for a reply to my last post, or at least your grievance with the hydra. Also, what changed from you voting us to
wooper
?

popsconftown:
Where are you at with
Elmo
implo
, and
S_S
?

S_S:
Most confident townread at the moment, I'll vote when I synthesize with my heads a bit more.

Ame:
I'm looking through your ISO and a lot of your posts revolve around your philosophy on the game rather than being upfront with reads, you also give reads that align more with other people's. Also not feeling the back-and-forth between you and
S_S
, it took you about 400 posts to actually come to a conclusion about why
S_S
is on the lower end of your scumreads, unless that's changed now?

-Tai
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:51 am

Post by Team STRQ »

me getting people to work with me

-Tai
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:06 am

Post by popsofctown »

Of those three Elmo is the most confident townread.
None of what she says makes sense but I always either gutread or reason its likeliness to town.
Implosion had townspewed more than S_S but S_S I think S_S has less scumrange so that if you forced me to dayvig one I'd probably shoot Implosion and apologize he didn't deserve it.
I don't want to heaven either, I really want Elmo
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

I am having an amazing day and none of you can ruin it even if you heaven scum. I am starting my diet and the grocery store seems to have remodelled and upgraded itself just for me.
"Well, I..."
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Team STRQ »

nani

why are you bringing up a dayvig scenario? I like
Implo's
approach with townbloccing but I want to know where his conclusions come from with the reads, he's hasn't moved too far from where his reads began.
S_S
is partially a meta-based read as well, but
S_S'
nonchalance with being townblocc'ed with his own townread + wanting to discuss reads in depth feels organic and town-motivated. It's both a non-survivalist mindset and what I'd expect from
S_S
because his playstyle is really based around thinking before acting.

and I can see the case for
Elmo
town based off the inconsistency though my hold on the game is pretty fuzzy right now. I feel similar to what
Looker
mentioned this past page.

Mostly, my questions are trying to get me oriented back into the game. It was demotivating to see some people handwave my last posts.

-Tai

p-edit

I'm going out with friends tonight and I already had lunch with someone today! I have time for a social life before 3 exams this coming Thursday... that I need to devote more time into preparing for.
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:25 am

Post by Team STRQ »

VOTE: S_S

fuck it, and I guess
pops
is up there for town too? Yes, it's possible scum constantly speaking with people is a viable strategy to be townblocc'ed, but I really don't see an agenda as
pops
has stuck pretty closely to her own reads and votes that haven't been backed by the playerlist. In a game where 1/3rd of the playerlist was wagoned in Hell1, the perspective of this slot has increasingly become town.

I know 1 of my 3 other heads disagree (
Qrow
from when I last heard) but I don't know if that has stuck.

cOmMuNiCaTiOn

the swords are for either defending townreads I generate or searching to see how far people are willing to go to avoid this head. :D

-Tai
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:37 am

Post by Ame »

In post 1008, Team STRQ wrote:you also give reads that align more with other people's.
I have no idea what this means, can you elaborate? Currently TL S_S for reasons I'll get to later. I don't think my metagame talk has overshadowed my content.

In post 1011, popsofctown wrote:
I am having an amazing day and none of you can ruin it even if you heaven scum. I am starting my diet and the grocery store seems to have remodelled and upgraded itself just for me.
In post 1012, Team STRQ wrote:
p-edit

I'm going out with friends tonight and I already had lunch with someone today! I have time for a social life before 3 exams this coming Thursday... that I need to devote more time into preparing for.
I genuinely love hearing these. I'm having a good day too
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

is enter the only head not allowed to vote? Raven. If so, why?
"Well, I..."
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:42 am

Post by Ame »

In post 992, Something_Smart wrote:But the first doesn't cover the much more important underlying question which is not WHO would you vote but WHY would you vote them.
The why is implied (for example, pops responded with why she didn't want to vote you when I asked), and if it isn't provided it's followed up upon
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:44 am

Post by popsofctown »

"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:45 am

In post 1016, Ame wrote:The why is implied (for example, pops responded with why she didn't want to vote you when I asked), and if it isn't provided it's followed up upon
Fair enough, I suppose.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:46 am

It certainly creates the impression that you're looking for people who will vote who you want without caring about their thoughts or reasons, though. But I understand that.
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:59 am

Post by Team STRQ »

In post 1014, Ame wrote:
In post 1008, Team STRQ wrote:you also give reads that align more with other people's.
I have no idea what this means, can you elaborate? Currently TL S_S for reasons I'll get to later. I don't think my metagame talk has overshadowed my content.
I'm not following your read progression and your stated reads seem more like associatives, and I don't find strong cases you've made for an individual scumread.

The only wagons you voted Hell1 were
Amrun/STRQ (and Elmo but you changed quickly there)
, which were majority's at some point. But your scumreads I gather from your early posting were
S_S
-
Ame
-
Wooper
-
STRQ
(namely judging from and your ISO with
S_S
)

Wooper
flipped town, and now you're townreading
Amrun
too despite the potential associative you mentioned? You reconciled your
S_S
read and then haven't followed up much on the vote you placed over this slot.

I also want to hear you bring up more of your townreads, as you seem to have several non-scumreads but still aren't pushing for a townread to be heaven'ed.
In post 1014, Ame wrote:
In post 1011, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1012, Team STRQ wrote:
p-edit

I genuinely love hearing these. I'm having a good day too
<3

-Tai

p-edit

popsofctown wrote:
None of us give voting restraints - or really keep tabs on who votes who outside of us just being transparent about our reads or who we're looking to solve at a specific point. There's been no read or vote so far every other head has unanimously been against, so we haven't really policed each other.
Raven's
voting is their choice and their reads mesh with the other heads' enough for them to not cast a vote, is my understanding.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

I was wondering if your hydra Dynamics might calm me down about Qrow submitting a Minority Report vote on me with no reasoning when I seemed like a viable d1 mislynch. I'm not sure if that answer moves the needle in the wrong direction but it doesn't move it in the right direction.
"Well, I..."
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Team STRQ »

Qrow's
reasoning for scumreading you is that he can't read your font on mobile and was ignored when you told him that. He thinks that town wouldn't be so committed to a gimmick that annoyed others.

-Tai
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:27 am

Post by implosion »

long-ass day yesterday.
STRQ wrote:Implosion: Can you follow me through your read progression on Elmo? I'm also not vibing with the idea Amrun was a resisted wagon based off voting patterns, both you and Looker remained their through half of Hell1, and she was the day's longest running wagon.
WRT Elmo: see . Her interaction with the thread in general since then doesn't reek of agenda or really anything that makes me think scum; the irritation with Looker (e.g. ) is a good example of this. The way in which she's complained about the hydra I mentioned initially putting me off but the consistency of it reads as genuine annoyance at having a slot that she thinks is annoying to sort/deal with as town. Initially I thought her RVS was slightly bad, voted her without anyone else I really wanted to; then realized all this.

WRT Amrun: you're precisely right. Me and Looker, probably both town, remained on the wagon for half a day phase and it never actually took off after that... that's literally the definition of a resisted wagon.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:28 am

Post by implosion »

(where "never actually took off" means no one else ever actually committed to it until deadline scramble, and again, I think the people who were on her are at deadline were all town)

Return to “Completed Open Games”