Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 520, kagesong wrote:This early in the game it seems unlikely to have reads that strong
I can't have scum reads early game? Why not? When am I able to start having reads?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 517, Garmr wrote:
In post 480, The Fonz wrote:
In post 467, Garmr wrote:So this is the post that stood out to me after a skim
In post 251, The Fonz wrote:
In post 149, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Well I know for a straight out fact 1 of the people on my starting wagon is scum.
Also, do you all honestly think I’m still toxic?
Hey, TSE. Here you imply role information, then do fuck all with it. If you know for a fact, either you have specific info on a single player, or you have some broader "there are x scum in players abc" type knowledge, or you're scum and hinting that you're being bussed like Nero suggests. If you don't, you're completely full of shit.

If you have role info that means town can make a better lynch, then hinting at it rather than outing it means you're already playing badly in an anti town way.

If you're hinting bus, you're scum.

If you're just making it up to try to redirect attention away from you to your Wagoners, then you're being kinda toxic already.

So ten pages in, I'm already left thinking you're either scum, playing really badly, or toxic.

Your Nero vote is pretty bad -even if he's slightly misreading one post, he's showing scumhunting motive. It reads omgus at best, which is not inherently scummy but is a thing I've seen you do that contributes to your perceived toxicity.

So let's turn the volume down. If your "I know there's scum" thing is just your usual overconfidence, then admit that now, and I at least will let it slide. Then tell me something you've noticed about a player NOT on your wagon, and not relating to something they've said about you. Can be anything game relevant. I feel like if you direct your energy at scumhunting on your own wagon, it will continue to come across as defensive and omgussy and look toxic or scummy, making the wagon a self fulfilling prophecy. If you want to help town, look elsewhere, except if you genuinely DO have helpful role info.
This just seems like a massive misrep it's obvious tse means atleast 1 scum on the wagon.

VOTE: The fonz
It's not misrep, he literally said he knew for a fact there were scum on the wagon. Now, obviously he didn't, which i had as the most likely scenario; he was massively overconfident, which is normal for TSE. You are correct that the post wasn't intended to sort TSE; it was intended to reach on to TSE, in a non confrontational manner, to try to get him to stop doing non alignment indicative flailing and OMGUS, and persuade him to play in a manner more conducive to me getting a read on him.
This makes no sense to me. Your vote was a reach but not to sort him or test a reaction but to correct TSE behaviour so he acts more in line with your will so you can eventually read him???? Voting him will calm him down how?
Erm, you're lying. I never voted TSE, so the rest of that house of cards collapses based on that. I was reaching out to him, not attacking him.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 372, bob3141 wrote:
In post 367, AaronFrost wrote:Loud Bodyguard seems like a dumb fake claim to fake honestly as that'll literally get disproven in a single night if it's false

i think last completed town game or second from last. The last scum alive claimed informed bodygaurd when voted to l-1 on day one. He later flipped 1 shot strongman
That rings some bells alright! :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by kagesong »

In post 521, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 520, kagesong wrote:
In post 508, Nero Cain wrote:Why is posting who i think is scummy LAMIST?

@ kage
This early in the game it seems unlikely to have reads that strong. I'm in the same boat with KM. It looks exactly like you're saying, I have reads, look at me, I'm so town. Both of you. But I'm not sure I see you on the same team by any means.
I didn't understand this. What is your read on Kirari?
Exactly what I said. Those lists look like LAMIST.
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by kagesong »

In post 525, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 520, kagesong wrote:This early in the game it seems unlikely to have reads that strong
I can't have scum reads early game? Why not? When am I able to start having reads?
I just didn't see enough content to justify those reads. But I'm also trying to null a lot of TSE crap. I want to see what happens with the alleged replacement. I'm not very happy that he just voted. Faking a replace?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah ok, i'll prob lynch you down the line if I haven't solved yet b/c that "there's not enough content to justify those reads" seems like a load of bullshit.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 530, Nero Cain wrote:yeah ok, i'll prob lynch you down the line if I haven't solved yet b/c that "there's not enough content to justify those reads" seems like a load of bullshit.
Yeah, I wouldn't count on that, you're getting lynched before he is.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, maybe its the hubris talking but I sorta feel like im on the right track b/c we have Fonz, profii, kage and hectic light pushing me for bullshit reasons

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 513, bob3141 wrote:
In post 149, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Well I know for a straight out fact 1 of the people on my starting wagon is scum.
Hey, TSE. Here you imply role information, then do fuck all with it. If you know for a fact, either you have specific info on a single player, or you have some broader "there are x scum in players abc" type knowledge, or you're scum and hinting that you're being bussed like Nero suggests. If you don't, you're completely full of shit.

If you have role info that means town can make a better lynch, then hinting at it rather than outing it means you're already playing badly in an anti town way.

If you're just making it up to try to redirect attention away from you to your Wagoners, then you're being kinda toxic already.

So ten pages in, I'm already left thinking you're either scum, playing really badly, or toxic.

Your Nero vote is pretty bad -even if he's slightly misreading one post, he's showing scumhunting motive. It reads omgus at best, which is not inherently scummy but is a thing I've seen you do that contributes to your perceived toxicity.

So let's turn the volume down. If your "I know there's scum" thing is just your usual overconfidence, then admit that now, and I at least will let it slide. Then tell me something you've noticed about a player NOT on your wagon, and not relating to something they've said about you. Can be anything game relevant. I feel like if you direct your energy at scumhunting on your own wagon, it will continue to come across as defensive and omgussy and look toxic or scummy, making the wagon a self fulfilling prophecy. If you want to help town, look elsewhere, except if you genuinely DO have helpful role info.
This just seems like a massive misrep it's obvious tse means atleast 1 scum on the wagon.

It's not misrep, he literally said he knew for a fact there were scum on the wagon. Now, obviously he didn't, which i had as the most likely scenario; he was massively overconfident, which is normal for TSE. You are correct that the post wasn't intended to sort TSE; it was intended to reach on to TSE, in a non confrontational manner, to try to get him to stop doing non alignment indicative flailing and OMGUS, and persuade him to play in a manner more conducive to me getting a read on him.

Fonz does look like you are picking out something out from TSE's the wording. Do you think its a scum slip from tse. As either he is town and that simply how he worded it or slipped the fact that he knows one scum is on that wagon.

Tse post certainly looks odd. Its not the suggestion that scum is on his wagon as i have seen countless players to say similar things about their wagons that flipped town. But the affirmatives in it. Will have to take look at his iso as the only explaination i can think off if he is town. Is that he is convinced one person is sure scum.

Garmr if you think fonz is scum what do you think his motivation for his other points were in his post. As you say he is misrepping tse because you see tse posts has him forgoting to prefix his statement with somethign like atleast. Garmr what do you think of fonz opinion of nero vote? As you mention not liking how fonz keeps referencing nero in his post.

Garmr if you are town i do think if your right about nero and fonz not knowing each others alignments. I cant see scum keep referencing their buddy in a post where they are pushing for a lynch. While also bring it to peoples attention that if he is buddied with nero that he has vested interest with countering a player pushign on his buddy. But this does mean that nero and fonz simply arnt t/t. Just that it doesnt look likely are on same team.
I thought motivation was to try and make the misrep more legit and cover it up a bit. Like I mentioned before I thought fonz was using it as a way to suck up to nero. My opinion TSE vote on nero. Meh I understand tse logic but it seems more like his trying to sort the wagon on him instead of being hard convinced that one is scum. I do disagree with fonz just because your emotional ect it doesn't mean you shouldn't try and sort off your wagon. I would sort off my wagon if I was the top wagon as well.

But this does mean that nero and fonz simply arnt t/t.
Just that it doesn't look likely are on same team.
Yeah I know the bolded part is what I said I just find fonz scummy.
While being 100% completely right. I'm just that good. -Garmr (Wasn't Right)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 531, The Fonz wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't count on that, you're getting lynched before he is.
says the guy defending the snork out of scum profii and TSE.

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 529, kagesong wrote:I just didn't see enough content to justify those reads.
Please point out the reads you're referring to.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by davesaz »

@garmr, if it's convenient for you to do so, it would help to trim down the things you quote to reduce the size of the pyramid.
I know, easy enough to skip on reads, unless the reader is on mobile.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by bob3141 »

In post 526, The Fonz wrote:
In post 517, Garmr wrote:

This makes no sense to me. Your vote was a reach but not to sort him or test a reaction but to correct TSE behaviour so he acts more in line with your will so you can eventually read him???? Voting him will calm him down how?
Erm, you're lying. I never voted TSE, so the rest of that house of cards collapses based on that. I was reaching out to him, not attacking him.
Fonz if you were reaching out to him do you think he is town or that you wanted him to prove to you that he was town by behaving in way that would appear to you like he was town. As it does look like you are pushing him as scum at first glance. as i do see several times where you say your being left feeling like he is scum. Was you view at the time that he was scum or town? As you claim to be reaching out to him but why would you do that unless you though he was town. It is a little unclear.

What do you think of teh case garmr is pushing against you minus the fact that he said you voted for someone that you didnt. What do you think of teh rest of his push as you really only refute that fact. While at the same time not really going to detail in how it cause his case to collapse liek house of cards. Why do you think garmr would lie about you voting. I would of thought that if garmr was scum that it could be fact checked anyway. and thus undermind his case. Do you not think scum would of avoided makign such a statement
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 535, davesaz wrote:
In post 529, kagesong wrote:I just didn't see enough content to justify those reads.
he's talking about
In post 309, Nero Cain wrote:
scum team 1

insomnia
TrueSoulEnergy
profii
Egix96

scum team 2

Garmr

scum on someones team

SausasaurusRex
Black Ranger

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 536, davesaz wrote:@garmr, if it's convenient for you to do so, it would help to trim down the things you quote to reduce the size of the pyramid.
I know, easy enough to skip on reads, unless the reader is on mobile.
Ok will try but I do use my mobile net from time to time cause of my shit net.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by Garmr »

Wait the fonz never voted TSE?
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by kagesong »

In post 532, Nero Cain wrote:I mean, maybe its the hubris talking but I sorta feel like im on the right track b/c we have Fonz, profii, kage and hectic light pushing me for bullshit reasons
I'm light pushing more than one person. Light pushing shouldn't be that AI. I wouldn't even say I'm "pushing you" so much as stating an opinion of your actions.

Your style of defense is bugging me though.
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by kagesong »

The wheels from NC and KM. The one's me and NC are debating.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

I still want to be replaced Out.
But I can keep contribute until a replace is found.
Unless Wake requests me to stay then I will but I won’t necessarily be caring about this game.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

*shrugz*

I'm saying that if you are sitting there and calling an early reads list "LAMIST" you are giving yourself the freedom to use it as an excuse to vote anytime you want and there's some possible scum motivation there.

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by Garmr »

@Bob
I don't remember you having this kind of mediator style as town or scum. So is it like something new your trying out for this game?
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 540, Garmr wrote:Wait the fonz never voted TSE?
No he didn’t

-I’ll put this for each message I post. (Who ever replaces me MUST scum read Nero!)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

town should always be voicing their opinion. A voice and vote is our best wpn and im going to certainly use mine.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 447, Drixx wrote:So ... in a neighborhood with {redacted} but Black Ranger is in there. He did the whole "Look at how super helpful I am being" entrance combined with the "you know there's totally scum in this neighborhood ... you REALIZE that right?" thing. For as long as I've been on this site, and probably before that, those two behaviors in a neighborhood have been super scum indicative.

So I pushed him and threw some snark at him to provoke an emotional response. He flunked on the reactions.

Then {redacted} hopped in and baited Black Ranger into another pretty bad couple posts.

So yeah... BR is probably also scum. That said ... KM's response to being asked to explain scum leans was bad enough to solidify them as top scum. They win the prize of getting lynched today.

Nero, BBmolla, AF, A50, davesaz, EJ and S_S ... join me plx. Thx.

Closest thing I've seen to a serious case in this game so far.

VOTE: Black Ranger

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 538, Nero Cain wrote:
he's talking about
In post 309, Nero Cain wrote:
scum team 1

insomnia
TrueSoulEnergy
profii
Egix96

scum team 2

Garmr

scum on someones team

SausasaurusRex
Black Ranger
Since when is there more then 1 Mafia Team?

-I’ll put this for each message I post. (Who ever replaces me MUST scum read Nero!)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”