AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 489, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 488, profii wrote:if we are lynching scummy dudes then the game will start to resolve itself over time
This is my school of thought this game.
Honestly same, probably won't be trying super hard this game until at least half the people are gone and I can start doing some actual solving.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 491, The Fonz wrote:
In post 447, Drixx wrote:So ... in a neighborhood with {redacted} but Black Ranger is in there. He did the whole "Look at how super helpful I am being" entrance combined with the "you know there's totally scum in this neighborhood ... you REALIZE that right?" thing. For as long as I've been on this site, and probably before that, those two behaviors in a neighborhood have been super scum indicative.
x.
Yeah, I'm willing to lynch on the basis of this. Kirari pings me a bit. I have no idea why anyone town would ever speculate about who is and isn't a mason, or ask others to do so. And there are Nero-Kirari links; Nero reads like a partner who is trying to draw heat away from Hirari without committing to saying he has a town read. But the "neighbor who points out there might be scum in the hood is herself scum" tell is stronger than any day one associative.
How strong is this tell and do you or Drixx have any examples of this behavior? I'm a little familiar with hood mechanics, but not enough to determine one way or the other.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 571, Nero Cain wrote:but then when i pushed u on it you danced around the issue instead of just owning up to "shit at communication" and I'm watch Fonz, insomnia and profii make excuses for you. So if you are town then u r getting white knighted, brro.
What would you have done in my situation?
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 572, Nero Cain wrote:I'm not sure if I should believe that you forgot that this game was MB AND didn't read the op AND missed all the times is was talked about in thread.
Fun Fact.
Even Chemist can tell you.

I don’t read everything.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by davesaz »

I figure the "who do you play with" question will keep coming up so here's the list.
Spoiler: list
Lots and/or recently
Elsa Jay
Nero Cain
Chemist1422
Garmr
pisskop
Almost50
The Fonz
profii
Amrun
Egix96
AaronFrost
Something_Smart
gobbledygook
Pink Ball

Average
BBMolla
Drixx
NorwegianboyEE
Hectic
Pine
bob3141
Not Known 15
Rhinox
insomnia
TrueSoulEnergy
EeveeLution Army
Jackal711
tictac
Emperor FlippyNips

Few/Never (unless they're aliases I don't recognize)
DrDolittle
Kirari Momobami
Uncrowned
Dolly Parton
UltimatePlank
kagesong
Jamelia
Cat Scratch Fever
QuantumQuasar
dsjstr
SausasaurusRex
Non Imh
eth0s
Black Ranger
Golden Robster
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
hersho
ar98mubarik
clidd
VaultDweller
Yiley
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by davesaz »

Reminder to myself that I missed a bunch of stuff in pre-edits, and it's dinner time. Read between my last 2 posts.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

I’ll just be lazy and sign up for a game without knowing much about it unless I actually looked at the setup.
And even then I don’t read all posts that were posted so if someone goes “this guys confirmed town” I wouldn’t know.
Because I don’t read everything.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Official Vote Count

TrueSoulEnergy
(11): NorwegianboyEE, Chemist1422, Nero Cain, Dolly Parton, tictac, Jackal711, Kirari Momobami, Pink Ball, Cat Scratch Fever, profii, Elsa Jay
Garmr
(3): Black Ranger, bob3141, Yiley
Jackal711
(2): AaronFrost, TrueSoulEnergy
bob3141
(1): SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
(1): The Fonz
Kirari Momobami
(1): Drixx
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
(1): insomnia
Hectic
(1): Egix96
Elsa Jay
(1): Almost50
The Fonz
(1): Garmr
gobbledygook
(1): davesaz

Not Voting
(26): Pine, Not Known 15, Jamelia, Uncrowned, hersho, NotAJumbleOfNumbers, DrDolittle, Hectic, Golden Robster, VaultDweller, Amrun, UltimatePlank, clidd, pisskop, QuantumQuasar, dsjstr, EeveeLution Army, BBMolla, kagesong, ar98mubarik, Something_Smart, Rhinox, eth0s, Non Imh, gobbledygook, Emperor FlippyNips

With 50 alive, it takes 26 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-03-22 10:04:00)
Last edited by Wake1 on Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 577, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:What would you have done in my situation?
not deflect
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 573, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 468, Nero Cain wrote:but there are plenty of town that post reasonless read list. Mastina for instance.
Posting reads lists like that, at least to me, is a good way to make yourself look busy without actually doing anything or participating in discussion, which is scummy. I think it's also unreasonable to have reads on every single player who's posted up until now which is why it looks especially faked in a game of this size.

I agree that lists of all the players are in general scummy, illusion of content type stuff. I can buy Hirari's as just being them wanting to test their early reads against random, though it slightly pings they do it in the thread, and the inclusion of guessing masons is anti town.

Nero it's less the fact that he has seven reads as that they are ALL scumreads. He attempted to call a four person associational, call a fifth person scum but not aligned with the other four, and two people
confidently scum based on individual tells (since he stated no preference for either team) on page 13 of a fifty player game. That is so utterly ridiculous a thing to do that I guess a lot of people can't conceive of anyone being that stupid, and think it's fake instead.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 576, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 491, The Fonz wrote:
In post 447, Drixx wrote:So ... in a neighborhood with {redacted} but Black Ranger is in there. He did the whole "Look at how super helpful I am being" entrance combined with the "you know there's totally scum in this neighborhood ... you REALIZE that right?" thing. For as long as I've been on this site, and probably before that, those two behaviors in a neighborhood have been super scum indicative.
x.
Yeah, I'm willing to lynch on the basis of this. Kirari pings me a bit. I have no idea why anyone town would ever speculate about who is and isn't a mason, or ask others to do so. And there are Nero-Kirari links; Nero reads like a partner who is trying to draw heat away from Hirari without committing to saying he has a town read. But the "neighbor who points out there might be scum in the hood is herself scum" tell is stronger than any day one associative.
How strong is this tell and do you or Drixx have any examples of this behavior? I'm a little familiar with hood mechanics, but not enough to determine one way or the other.
So the problem is a lot of my games are so long ago that remembering specifics is hard. There's one game that sticks in my mind where a scum did that, all the town neighbors
actually had it in their role pms that the hood contained scum
but explained it so badly that we didn't lynch the scum. I'll look for it.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Mafia 70: Traditional, from 2007. Can't link as on tablet, but can be searched.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 583, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 577, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:What would you have done in my situation?
not deflect
So me deflecting a spelling mistake is scum indicative?
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

What would you do then?
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

Not point out there is at least 1 scum on my wagon?
Because when you pushed me at it.
I felt you are scum and still feel you are scum that pushed me because your mafia that knows more then just you out of your team was on the wagon.
Here’s my current thought RN.
If your scum. Given the interaction towards me. One of your team mates were also on my wagon.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 468, Nero Cain wrote:but there are plenty of town that post reasonless read list. Mastina for instance.
Posting reads lists like that, at least to me, is a good way to make yourself look busy without actually doing anything or participating in discussion, which is scummy. I think it's also unreasonable to have reads on every single player who's posted up until now which is why it looks especially faked in a game of this size.
I'm sure im a bit bias since i think alot of thier reads line up with mine. I understand the "they aren't adding to discussion and is scummy" but im just not gung-ho about it. And honestly, Fonz getting so bent out of shape over it seems kinda off when there are shit tons of ppl that are scummier and doing way less. I mean, I can't lie here. Kirari hasn't done much, I understand that. Fonz' whole spiel about me not scum reading her and being frantic about it seems so agenda-driven.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 589, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:If your scum. Given the interaction towards me. One of your team mates were also on my wagon.
who is my supposed scumbuddy?

TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 591, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 589, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:If your scum. Given the interaction towards me. One of your team mates were also on my wagon.
who is my supposed scumbuddy?
You tell me.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

@Nero
Thoughts on Jackel?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

see you just keep deflecting and it makes you look just scummy as shit.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

he's voting you. I like him better than you.

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 590, Nero Cain wrote:
I'm sure im a bit bias since i think alot of thier reads line up with mine. I understand the "they aren't adding to discussion and is scummy" but im just not gung-ho about it. And honestly, Fonz getting so bent out of shape over it seems kinda off when there are shit tons of ppl that are scummier and doing way less. I mean, I can't lie here. Kirari hasn't done much, I understand that. Fonz' whole spiel about me not scum reading her and being frantic about it seems so agenda-driven.
Eh, I'm not bent out of shape over it, I think trying to call a four player associative day one is super dumb, but not outside your town range. I just think it's decent scumhunting on the part of those who flagged it up. Your votes are poorly reasoned, but that's also what I see as normal! Nero. The only thing that really pings is the deflecting off of Kirari.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

NGL, it's hard for me to see past this.
In post 149, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Well I know for a straight out fact 1 of the people on my starting wagon is scum.
In post 188, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 184, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 149, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Well I know for a straight out fact 1 of the people on my starting wagon is scum.
you'd only know this if u were getting bussed so :/
So your actually saying that’s pure town that was on me?
IMO, this is a deflection and it seems v scummy to me.

I mean, look guy, maybe I'm an ass for calling you toxic and lulz voting you and its possible that set you on edge. But don't you kinda think you've proved that you are toxic? :igmeou:

But if you are town I don't see how you aren't looking at the players defending you b/c that's gonna be a white knight but honestly, at this point, I just kinda want to lynchh you out of spite. And I know that ppl will use it to push on me but thats how I feel. So w/e

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Actually, Nero, your TSE push is the towniest thing about you. Being right and having town motive are different things.
EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by EeveeLution Army »

its 26 to lynch right? i feel bad for whoever has to do votes
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-