Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1018, Nero Cain wrote:Why am I eve wasting my time by responding to scum?
In post 1014, Amrun wrote:
In post 1006, Nero Cain wrote:i've voting profii. join me :/
Interesting. Why? Do you think TSE is town?
there are 13 scum in this game, even if TSE is scum he's not the only 1. Why must I be confined to voting only TSE?

Why aren’t you being realistic about how you will get a wagon through?
In post 1020, Nero Cain wrote:amrun doesn't even think TSE is scum, that's like the definition of a go with the flow scum vote.
I literally haven’t read a single TSE post yet, and openly so. You kidding bro?

Have you given any thought at all people’s motivations?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

PK confscum. Hmmm
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 788, kagesong wrote:
In post 764, Drixx wrote:"Drixx is good as scum. Multiball lets scum do townie things. Drixx is doing townie things. Therefore Drixx is scum."
I didn't see this as much as "[all the Drixx good scum stuff]... So, I don't think it's a good reason to lean town on him." Which is notably different than, "He's scum." Can you show me where you see that? This will help me sort insomnia's position I think.
He's had his vote on me and been low key pushing me. That heavily implies his current mental state is "drixx is scum". The halfheartedness of it is weird to be sure.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1026, gobbledygook wrote:PK confscum. Hmmm
What's this mean?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1026, gobbledygook wrote:PK confscum. Hmmm
Commune with me, gobbles.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 887, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 443, Drixx wrote:Let's get some more votes on KM here. That "wheel" shit is abomination and is nearly enough on its own. Then the "look at me, I have reads" post followed by deflection when pressed to explain the scum leans. That's not town motivated.
TSE and Ank both did similar gimmicks in TvA, and they were town. Why is this different?
One can do an asinine "The wheel says..." as any alignment. The fact that X and Y did it as town in some game doesn't mean that Z doing it this game is town. You're good enough to know that, so the fact that you're pushing that nonsense is troubling.

The problem with KM was the very close follow up presenting "actual" reads at a point when they weren't plausible to the game state. That was enough to get me to poke them. Their reaction to being poked was bad and just got worse until they abandoned the thread.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:18 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 909, Something_Smart wrote:Okay, now that I think about it, calling out a neighbor for doing something scummy in the neighborhood is totally something scum-Drixx would do.
This is not exactly a stunning insight, S_S. There's literally nothing outside my scum range. What's with the super dishonest presentation here? Why are you trying to imply that I would only do that as scum?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 926, Almost50 wrote:I don't see why we are wasting time discussing what the two scum teams are/should be referred to when we have yet to flip an ant, much less a scum player. It could be Red/Blue, or it could be Red/Orange. It could be Mafia/WWs or it could be Team1/Team2. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE? And HOW do we accuse someone of "slipping" when we DON'T KNOW what they're called in the first place.

Reminder to self: The next time I run a game with 2 scum teams
I'm gonna call them Democrats & Republicans.
Oof do you want to start a civil war? lol.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 946, Almost50 wrote:
In post 909, Something_Smart wrote:Okay, now that I think about it, calling out a neighbor for doing something scummy in the neighborhood is totally something scum-Drixx would do.
The above quote is totally something scum-Sonething_Smart would say. :P

Point being: Just because scum!X would do something doesn't make it worth mentioning on D1, unless it's something TOWN!X "totally
wouldn't
do". So, the question is: Is it?
A50 is comfortably in his town range here. Scum A50 doesn't ever even care about this I think.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 948, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 946, Almost50 wrote:Just because scum!X would do something doesn't make it worth mentioning on D1, unless it's something TOWN!X "totally wouldn't do".
Oh no, I'm aware. It was in response to my earlier comment that Drixx was a weird scumread to have. It wasn't really meant to be going anywhere yet.

I don't really subscribe to the philosophy that a certain subset of things are "worth mentioning" and everything else is not.
I mean ... I am a weird scum read to have at the moment, but not for anything to do with outing BR's hood play. I misunderstood why you were referring to my scum range.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

This is exactly how PK has reacted to me calling him scum the last two times I’ve played with him. He was scum both times.

I would believe the Miller claim probably from any other person, but not him. :igmeou:
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by Kirari Momobami »

In post 1030, Drixx wrote:The problem with KM was the very close follow up presenting "actual" reads at a point when they weren't plausible to the game state.
VOTE: Drixx

Let's lynch this slot today actually

He a) wants me to explain my initial take on the first twelve pages of the game

because b) he thinks twelve pages is not enough to have reads "plausible to the game state"

I'm sorry but this is like classic whiny scum. "How can you scumread me off RVS?"

Given most people at that point had 4-5 posts I think it's safe to say that if I'm scumreading someone, it's probably because of what they posted

Notice he's not refuting any specific read, he doesn't want to spew any *specific* slot, he just dislikes me HAVING reads and wants to complain about it

Dunnstral responded in the exact same manner when I was 2/2 in AvT
The only one who can decide your worth.. is you
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1002, Nero Cain wrote:What do you think of ppl that are not wanting to flip TSE?
TSE is why Vigs exist. There are at least 3 better flip options already for the day.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:32 pm

Here's my explanation of my read on you Drixx: as scum, you seem to be angry all the time and hate the thread, whereas as town you tend to think about the game and not just hate everything

You just constantly complaining about things this game largely matches the tone of your scum meta

Is that what you were complaining about? Me scumreading you off tone in RVS? Because you trying to hard tunnel me for simply listing you as a scumread is like wildly scummy LOL
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:34 pm

Scum tend to complain about town having a lot of reads early, I think they think it's like an insult to their scumplay or something, and three separate people complained about me having reads this game without any of them actually offering a specific read they wanted to engage me on
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1036, Kirari Momobami wrote:
In post 1030, Drixx wrote:The problem with KM was the very close follow up presenting "actual" reads at a point when they weren't plausible to the game state.
VOTE: Drixx

Let's lynch this slot today actually

He a) wants me to explain my initial take on the first twelve pages of the game

because b) he thinks twelve pages is not enough to have reads "plausible to the game state"

I'm sorry but this is like classic whiny scum. "How can you scumread me off RVS?"

Given most people at that point had 4-5 posts I think it's safe to say that if I'm scumreading someone, it's probably because of what they posted

P-Edit: Wow the misreps. Pushing you for a reaction isn't "complaining". Your reactions were (and continue to be) terrible. You don't want to 1v1 me. I have literally zero to lose here. I'm a neighbor in a game full of neighbors. I have basically no role utility and am essentially a VT. In a FIFTY player game. Like ... I obvtowned so hard already you have to be suicidal and holding a large idiot ball to 1v1 me. But ... you do you lol.
Notice he's not refuting any specific read, he doesn't want to spew any *specific* slot, he just dislikes me HAVING reads and wants to complain about it

Dunnstral responded in the exact same manner when I was 2/2 in AvT
Oooh ... the dissembling scum makes a return to the thread.

If your "reads" were legitimate, then a sentence or two on each person isn't even approaching an unreasonable request. You continue to do anything and everything to avoid just explaining your headspace.

Nice attempt to handwave away the request for reasoning with "...it's probably because of what they posted". That's the most worthless bullshit I've ever seen posted in a mafia game. No shit Sherlock.

That last line is hilarious. Your defense here is that you are so fucking terrible at this game that you think what Player X did in game Y means anything about Player Z in this game? Fucking pathetic. Glad I kept my vote on you. In some weird world where you are not scum, you're a fucking liability.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:39 pm

In post 491, The Fonz wrote:I have no idea why anyone town would ever speculate about who is and isn't a mason, or ask others to do so.
As I mentioned before, thinking I'm seriously speculating about a mason and not simply listing townreads is something that I see much more from scum suffering cognitive load. I have seen Fonz games and he is not the dunce of his avi
In post 605, The Fonz wrote:I'm not, remotely, GRRRRing about anything you're doing, and the problem with your behaviour towards Kirari is not that you don't SR her, it's that you're clearly trying to derail her wagon, but won't state a TR there.
This is also pretty scummy
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:41 pm

In post 1040, Drixx wrote:If your "reads" were legitimate, then a sentence or two on each person isn't even approaching an unreasonable request. You continue to do anything and everything to avoid just explaining your headspace.
Look at the posts of the slots I have read on. My read will be based on those posts. If you disagree with a read, you can explain why you townread them.

You can ask me about you specifically, and I am happy to explain -- you're scum off tone. The whininess of your posts reminds me very much of your exasperated omgus toward me at the end of AvT

I get 0 indication you care about my thoughts or headspace and just want me to say more things for you to throw bad-faith arguments at
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 1022, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:hi i'm around
why are you only interacting with stuff directly relating to you
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:43 pm

In post 1040, Drixx wrote:That last line is hilarious. Your defense here is that you are so fucking terrible at this game that you think what Player X did in game Y means anything about Player Z in this game? Fucking pathetic. Glad I kept my vote on you. In some weird world where you are not scum, you're a fucking liability.
This is like a hilariously scummy overreaction. Also saying I'm a liability when I just swept your entire team in AvT is pretty funny
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Everyone voting "TSE", vote with the full name. The automatic votecount doesn't work
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:46 pm

Voting Drixx is much easier, since his name is shorter.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1025, Amrun wrote:Why aren’t you being realistic about how you will get a wagon through?
that's not remotely close to what I was saying. More pressure pointed sounding questions that don't match the conversation.
In post 1025, Amrun wrote:Have you given any thought at all people’s motivations?
I HAVE! if you are scum then going for the wagon with the least resistance makes plenty of sense.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1042, Kirari Momobami wrote:
In post 1040, Drixx wrote:If your "reads" were legitimate, then a sentence or two on each person isn't even approaching an unreasonable request. You continue to do anything and everything to avoid just explaining your headspace.
Look at the posts of the slots I have read on. My read will be based on those posts. If you disagree with a read, you can explain why you townread them.

You can ask me about you specifically, and I am happy to explain -- you're scum off tone. The whininess of your posts reminds me very much of your exasperated omgus toward me at the end of AvT

I get 0 indication you care about my thoughts or headspace and just want me to say more things for you to throw bad-faith arguments at
I can't disagree with thoughts that haven't been expressed.

If I assume your reads are "legitimate", then I care about the reasoning that got you to them. The fact that they exist is less than worthless.

I don't even know who the fuck you are, and if you think AvT is a sufficient sample to make any determination about me, you're really bad at this.

If you had actually had sufficient experience with me, you would know that I ask for reasoning about early reads. I do this for two reasons:

1.) Town are generally willing to explain reasoning, so this helps me sort people AND helps me see how other people are thinking about and evaluating the game in different ways than me. Super valuable to understand how people are thinking.

2.) Scum generally don't like to have to post fake reasoning for "reads" because it's a very good way to get caught. This is especially useful because a lot of players think posting "reads" as scum is pro play.

As a bonus ... people who respond the way you have are like 5x more likely to be scum than town, in my experience.

Of course ... as far as I'm aware this is the first time I'm having this kind of interaction with you and what OTHER people do in this situation tells me fuck all about you.

But like ... keep balking at giving me a bit of insight into your thinking because that's totally gonna make me (and anyone else) think you're town here.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:48 pm

In post 1024, pisskop wrote:
In post 966, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 964, Nero Cain wrote:this is going to turn into "find the scum in X hood" game isn't it?
If you are town and you want to lose the game, you can play that game. Otherwise any individual player’s default should treat all neighbors as town until other information eclipses that default.
i think Goobers sounds scummy
I don't think it's a very convincing argument but I don't really see why you think it comes from a scum POV?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”