chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by chkflip »

What a fucking joke.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by clidd »

What is a joke ?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Robbnva »

Probably the replace out
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 481, Robbnva wrote:Guys. Jake has good reads. Imma sheep him for now
This made me chuckle.
While being 100% completely right. I'm just that good. -Garmr (Wasn't Right)
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 495, Robbnva wrote:Anyway it’s pointless to talk about. Have to focus on the game. I’m waiting for bingle to do something but I’m still waiting.
Is the premise that I haven’t done anything AI? Cause that would be a load of crap.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 498, clidd wrote:I also want his opinion on the hood logic.
Nero’s post sums it up. For lynching purposes, we should pretty much ignore that there is a hood until late game/a hood player flips scum. Trying to guess whether the hood contains scum without setup info is a fool’s errand. Especially considering I’ve claimed that I need to die before LYLO and RS claimed confirmable role, I’m just not really worried about the hood.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by clidd »

Hum, if we are not going to opt for a lynch among the hood, what is your suggestion for today ?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Bingle »

VOTE: bob
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 506, clidd wrote:Hum, if we are not going to opt for a lynch among the hood, what is your suggestion for today ?
You know I did a reads dump with 4 scumreads like two days ago, right?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by clidd »

No, but thanks for refreshing my memory.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Bingle »

Also, I don’t think we should lynch outside of the hood, I think we should lynch while ignoring hood status. If Nero is scummy, vote Nero. I’d argue lynching either me or RS early is a bad plan based on the soft claims but that’s really not related to the hood.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by clidd »

I find it interesting that if, theoretically, the statistical logic of 1 scum between players in the hood was correct, our chances would come out of 2/12 to catch both mobsters, and would go immediately to 1/3, this seeing from an isolated point, without considering the expressive influence of reads.

However, I agree that given the unpredictability of the setup, our considerations can change dramatically from one day to the other. So, in this scenario, it would be safer if we opted for a lynch outside that sphere of thought, with the aid of a supporting impression / read.

clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by clidd »

Yes, it makes sense.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Would anyone like to play fantasy baseball?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82320
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by Bingle »

Neighborhoods come with the operational assumption that there is 0-1 scum. Both ircher and RC (our reviewers) would heavy scumsided multiple scum neighborhoods. Therefore, in a vacuum, our options are lynch in 0-1/3, 2-3/10, or 3/13.

Given the Nash equilibrium values for 0-1 and 2-3 we could determine what the best option for our lynch pool was, but we don’t have that information readily available. Given that the implication in the signup thread is that TSE designed the setup himself and he’s had a history of submitting strange and subversive designs, I don’t have a read to be able to narrow that equilibrium down at all.

If we do hit scum in the hood, that’s positive evidence that all hood players remaining are town, which is an argument for lynching outside of the hood until we can make a more informed decision inside of it.

Tl;dr focusing on the neighborhood early is a trap, which is roughly the stance of RS as far as utilizing it but the opposite of the stance of RS as far as preferred lynch order. Since I don’t really have a read on Nero, I don’t particularly think lynching Nero is a great plan.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Bingle »

Robb what are your not me reads?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ewww math
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What do you think about Rabid though, Bingle?

TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

team rocket queen has replaced Non Lmh!
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: jessie she it

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by team rocket queen »

hello friends! reading now!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 517, Nero Cain wrote:What do you think about Rabid though, Bingle?
He’s fairly consistent. The fact that he was against discussion of reads in the neighborhood but did so with minimal pushing from kage raised an eyebrow, but he hasn’t really said much there which is minor town points given I believe his stated opinion that neighborhoods are mostly useful for scum to manipulate town (which came across as genuine).

His desire to lynch you and me isn’t surprising, given his beliefs, but is curious in the context of his claim. (His claim of course being that he’ll be confirmed role as of D3, means that if we follow his plan me and Nero will both be dead and the only town controlled deaths barring a vig before that happens.) I could see that as a power move from scum who expects a false clear based on his role or a damage mitigation tool from scum in over his head, but neither seems to fit his approach here perfectly.

For now he’s a weak townread that I’m not interested in re-evaluating until D3.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 519, team rocket queen wrote:hello friends! reading now!
Salut!
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 514, Bingle wrote:Neighborhoods come with the operational assumption that there is 0-1 scum. Both ircher and RC (our reviewers) would heavy scumsided multiple scum neighborhoods. Therefore, in a vacuum, our options are lynch in 0-1/3, 2-3/10, or 3/13.

Given the Nash equilibrium values for 0-1 and 2-3 we could determine what the best option for our lynch pool was, but we don’t have that information readily available. Given that the implication in the signup thread is that TSE designed the setup himself and he’s had a history of submitting strange and subversive designs, I don’t have a read to be able to narrow that equilibrium down at all.

If we do hit scum in the hood, that’s positive evidence that all hood players remaining are town, which is an argument for lynching outside of the hood until we can make a more informed decision inside of it.

Tl;dr focusing on the neighborhood early is a trap, which is roughly the stance of RS as far as utilizing it but the opposite of the stance of RS as far as preferred lynch order. Since I don’t really have a read on Nero, I don’t particularly think lynching Nero is a great plan.
I am concerned now that you mentioned the TSE's history of irregularity, but I believe that, as you mentioned, it will be possible to clarify our doubts as new information appears.

I agree with your strategic vision of the hood, it seems appropriate to a game plan with intelligent use of resources. I also empathize with the fact that Nero is not necessarily a beneficial lynch, but that would depend on how well he manages to emulate discomfort when being considered as one of the lynchs. I'll take a look, later, to see if I get any meta on his profile to answer that.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by Bingle »

Full disclosure: I can’t read Nero worth shit. We’ve played together a lot and we usually have a mutual scumread or nullread.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I had felt like you had gotten fairly good at reading then in CHK's game you were scum reading me early on and I had thought that was weird. perhaps I was thinking of someone else.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”