:
Something_Smart, Elmo TeH AzN

[1] Something_Smart
:
Team STRQ

[1] Not Voting
:
implosion

With 8 in limbo, it takes 5 votes to judge.

The Heaven Phase I deadline is in
:
(expired on 2020-03-12 20:12:15)

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Mod Notes
:
:good: Players sent to Heaven are sent to a separate Heaven PT. :good:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀             
Last edited by Dannflor on Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 1149, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1147, Ame wrote:If I am wrong on Amrun though, it's probably S_S.
I feel like I've been over this before...

Did you see my reasoning for why Amrun town makes me town as well? Do you have any issues with it?
I think it's a point in your favor. This feels like you're expecting Am to flip green though?
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:01 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 1147, Ame wrote:-Elmo provides reasoning for her reads.
Ya ever just feel it in your jimmies? Cause that's the best reasoning I got.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:10 pm

Post by implosion »

Alright. I guess this gives me something to do (namely reckon over whether Elmo is town). I'll do that... maybe tomorrow, maybe tonight, who knows!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:15 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1151, Ame wrote:This feels like you're expecting Am to flip green though?
Not really, I just think it's worth noting that that world doesn't really make sense.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:56 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 1147, Ame wrote:
Looker

:cool:
:mrgreen:
(I'd still be able to appreciate this if you flipped scum)
In post 1152, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
Why didn't STRQ ask
you
to elaborate?
In post 1153, implosion wrote:Alright. I guess this gives me something to do (namely reckon over whether Elmo is town). I'll do that... maybe tomorrow, maybe tonight, who knows!
This is a comfortable position, even with two days left. I'm not really that worried.

Man, these pictures are nice.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:45 pm

Post by implosion »

An elmo ISO-turned-train-of-thought.
In post 110, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:STRQ Does bring a good point up in 93 about town blocs. Amrun is reading town. I really don't like 94 from pops it just feels sorta forced like here's my vote and I don't have much reason because I town read the other
Not sure how often this is scum->scum+scum wrt STRQ/Amrun.
In post 130, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Looker come on man. 4 posts in 4ish pages and you have said. Not much if anything at all... What's going on
I kind of like this. Reads as genuine "please contribute to the game if you're town" frustration, not trying to call him scummy for it at all, just wanting people to play, which is townish.

So, a major thing is I'm reading this in the universe of Ame's current scumteam of elmo/amrun/strq, and I just... don't know if I buy that universe. Elmo voted Amrun, and then kept on her and pressured her until eventually switching to STRQ out of policy. Switching from a bus to a different bus on a policy vote seems a bit out there; mostly the voting STRQ off of policy seems out there to me as a scum->scum interaction. The fact that she switched near deadline and then didn't do anything is kind of bad. But like, in this universe the Wooper wagon had all 3 scum on it. Totally possible sure but idk.

In d2 there's posts like...
In post 961, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Then make your vote stick with it and let's move on with the day. The fact that you have to pull "I've played with so many alts. Just yeah. Don't trust me my votes on pops the only read I trust. Amrun I still feel is scum and yeah notice the hydra has been quiet.
and
In post 1036, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Here's all you need.
Pops
Ss
Ame
Looker/imp
Hydra
Amrun.

Ame I have some faith in pops is the only one I trust.
Like, is that REALLY scum-elmo saying "yeah i trust this one townie, i think SCUMPARTNER1 is still scum and SCUMPARTNER2 is lookin' sus as well. In this setup where Elmo has said that she wants to stay on earth (and will therefore be voting for things), and where it's effectively white flag? I just don't see scum bussing this much in a setup like this. If I'm scum in this setup I'm happy to distance but I'm terrified to commit to a bus, and that's what Elmo is doing if she's scum with Amrun *or* STRQ. She's been consistent in her arc on each of them, calling Amrun scum the whole time and with an arc on STRQ that I find even less likely to come from scum->scum. Maybe if Elmo thought she was going down but I think I haven't been the only person proselytizing her as town for a while? Maybe if she's just not thinking about setup strategy but... like, still, this is such an aggressive bussing stance in that universe.

If she's scum it'd have to be with like, one of strq/amrun + one of pops/s_s. And that's totally possible but I don't really like it as much as strq+amrun+pops/s_s (leaning s_s right now, partially on a whim). I think Elmo's approach to the game feels town-motivated. I think she's looking at things and experiencing them as town does, being irked by the kinds of things that irk a townie genuinely trying to suss things out (inactivity, a hydra that is perceived as being obstinately difficult to read, etc).

I think if Elmo is scum... it's probably with STRQ and not with Amrun. I think I buy Ame's point about Elmo/STRQ early interactions being potentially keeping a buddy in line to distance but not hardbus. I find it hard to believe if Amrun is also scum, but in isolation the actions toward STRQ could be a sensible distancing play. In that case 3rd would probably be S_S i think.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:57 am

Post by Ame »

Yeah I feel less certain about the Amrun association. With STRQ though I don't think her "push" looks more like a pseudo-bus. It doesn't have actual weight behind it and the exaggerated hatred comes off as theatre. D1 she pushed them
only
on the fact that she found them annoying. This is a straw house position: it allows her to "bus" without the consequence of people actually joining her cause as there is no convincing argument (her argument is a straw house that anyone can simply brush off). Furthermore, when it came down to it her vote was neither on STRQ nor Amrun (this also points to Amrun being pseudo-bus. At the time of her vote here wooper had just made Amrun top wagon and this vote evened them out). This is what I meant by end of phases and end of game being the most critical time for reads because its a time where scum are forced to act in a way that is in their own self-interests. You can shout that player X is scum all day, but what matters is where your vote comes down in the end.

(guess who finished their paper zzz)
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:00 am

Post by Ame »

You make me sad :(
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:01 am

Post by Ame »

*With STRQ though I
don't
think her "push"
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:20 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 1149, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1147, Ame wrote:If I am wrong on Amrun though, it's probably S_S.
I feel like I've been over this before...

Did you see my reasoning for why Amrun town makes me town as well? Do you have any issues with it?
This kinda weirds me a little.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:07 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 1158, Ame wrote:
You make me sad :(
Then Im living up to expectations. In reality I just had a terrible night and Ill give you some concise reads later today.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

Next dayphase, assuming Ame is town, which I really think she is and no one move their vote to force plurality, we really need to go for obvious consensus scum, because it will be 4 town 3 scum. Which in terms of informed minority control of a lynch decision is the highest amount of antitown control of a lynch decision you ever see on MS, like I guess people put 4 scum in large themes sometimes still but I doubt such a team has swept since like 2018 or something I don't know.
Spicy hipster pushes will collapse because they need so much consensus and need to have a very low quantum of "but we could agree to disagree" so that it forces bussing.

Not that this team spec has been antitown it has been very protown but I feel like this is an observation worth taking a beat on because this setup is so weird. Even when 4:3's naturally occur on MS in a 10:3 or a large, they usually indicate "you're getting bleeped up to the bleep by the mafia" and the gamestate has characteristics that are peculiar to a lost game, where this setup can go to 4:3 only because we mislynched once.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm an angel with a shotgun
Fighting til' the wars won
I don't care if heaven won't take me back
I'll throw away my faith, babe, just to keep you safe
Don't you know you're everything I have?
(I'm an angel with a shotgun)
And I, want to live, not just survive, tonight
(Live, not just survive)
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

Amrun why aren't you here? like, there has been so much room for you to turn around how your slot is being read this dayphase and it's just not happening. Is someone bussing you and it will look better if you lay down for it? I like I don't get this. Why is your last post an ink blot of paranoia about S_S townreading you? Why haven't you stained the page with concern that town!Amrun is looking at a game being thrown, because a lot of people controlling the discourse and projecting paradigms for this game are the ones that are scumreading you or have you as PoE scum. It doesn't fit my understanding of your personality very well. Kind of either way, but it fits even less if you're town
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm only alive in one mafia game because people keep queueing unsterilized garbage please send help
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

My implosion townread has been fortified.

I agree with a lot of implosion's reasoning about why Elmo could be scum with STRQ but it's rougher with Amrun.

I don't think the discourse should center on that too much though because Elmo town STRQ scum fits the post being analyzed fine. The only sense in which it doesn't fit is the concept of a townie being less likely to townread a scum because a townie is more likely to make correct reads but that's weak on its face and Elmo hasn't inspire me with a strong belief in her read ability with the lack of reasoning etc
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:40 am

In post 1160, Amrun wrote:This kinda weirds me a little.
Why?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

I kind of exhibit an amount of leadership that reflects my perceived strength of the playerlist I am playing in. It doesn't really have to do with my alignment, I actually even do it as scum I think. I was really leadery in
Crown on the Ground and Autobattler
and
Death List, Assassin Mafia, and Monty Hall
but more passive in
Magia Record and Starry Night
and
Magical Girls uPick, Old Newbies, and Alisae v Pine
. But in particular in
Fusion Mafia
I was a lot more proactive the first part of day one but transitioned to being deferential when Ankamius replaced into the game to the point that iirc some other players remarked on the transition in attitude. Ankamius had a winning solve and I had a losing solve but I voted in accordance with her solve after she got instagibbed and won the free elo that doesn't exist in mafia.
I can't help but notice the games I identified as me not being leadery scum were my scum losses D: . I don't that's true as town.
I think I have overall perceived this as a stacked lobby, although tbh I am possibly not properly internalizing some factors
- STRQ is probably scum
- worsty isn't here any more because I kilt him :(
- Dannflor is refusing to post his readslist and probably will not start contributing until the second heaven phase at the earliest.

This is not a particularly alignment indicative post for anyone and I wasted a lot of time on color tags so maybe I need to tag it with some kind of disclaimer that posting about things that capture my interest doesn't take away from me posting about other things so that S_S will be happy.
"Well, I..."
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 1164, popsofctown wrote:
Amrun why aren't you here? like, there has been so much room for you to turn around how your slot is being read this dayphase and it's just not happening. Is someone bussing you and it will look better if you lay down for it? I like I don't get this. Why is your last post an ink blot of paranoia about S_S townreading you? Why haven't you stained the page with concern that town!Amrun is looking at a game being thrown, because a lot of people controlling the discourse and projecting paradigms for this game are the ones that are scumreading you or have you as PoE scum. It doesn't fit my understanding of your personality very well. Kind of either way, but it fits even less if you're town
I don’t feel well at all. I’m having a chronic illness flare related to my autoimmune disease and I’m very busy IRL on top of it. I have a big test on Saturday. After that I hope to be able to devote more mental energy to mafia.

I’m throwing up any time I eat, my entire body is covered in hives, I’m in mental fog and unable to sleep. There’s no real describing it in words. It is what it is. It is part of my life that comes and goes.

It’s not related to my alignment.
In post 1167, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1160, Amrun wrote:This kinda weirds me a little.
Why?
Like, I townread you, but I’ll flip green, so you trying to justify your own alignment with mine is skeevy to me. But I otherwise TR you so I’ll disregard it for now.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:47 am

I mean, I can try to justify it without yours, but the argument assuming you are town is much stronger (if you're scum I look a lot worse for prevaricating and shading wooper while not directly intervening), and people were talking about that world anyway, so I might as well bring it up.

Also, I hope you feel better soon :(
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Ame »

Am AI issues are the worst. Propagating angelic waves of Love your way.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Ame I experienced heavy synchronicity today

which means I experienced synchronicity synchronicity because you brought it up recently

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Of course that would be the cause of my first color slip
"Well, I..."
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by Ame »

I knew you would tbh. I thought about bringing it up last night, but hesitated for the sake of maintaining my image as a sane person.

Return to “Completed Open Games”