Newbie 1990 | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:33 am

Post by Karnage »

Vote Count 1.2
OldMapleNostalgia (2) ~
Rectiplanes, JacksonVirgo,

Natsu (2) ~
Weiss Schnee, Non lmh,

RoboApocalypze (1) ~
RoboApocalypze,

JacksonVirgo (1) ~
rg,

Weiss Schnee (1) ~
OldMapleNostalgia,

Not voting (2) ~
team rocket queen, Natsu,

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2020-03-19 16:35:16)

V/LA: none
Last edited by Karnage on Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:33 am

Post by Weiss Schnee »

In post 63, JacksonVirgo wrote:Maples entrance compared to 1987 is something I feel may be scum related, don't have any other reads off that as of right now so I want to pressure them with votes.
VOTE: Maple
As a general note, mason meta can easily differ from vt meta, so you might be outing him as non mason more than as scum

This the danger of using meta from pr games
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:37 am

Post by Weiss Schnee »

VOTE: team rocket queen
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:44 am

Post by rg »

What happens if there's a draw
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:53 am

Post by Weiss Schnee »

"Draws" as an ending to the game are almost impossible in single-ball short of maybe edgecase scenarios involving jailor claims

If there are insufficient votes to achieve a lynch before deadline, then the day defaults to no lynch and goes to night (not sure if this is actually what you meant)
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:10 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 76, Weiss Schnee wrote:
In post 63, JacksonVirgo wrote:Maples entrance compared to 1987 is something I feel may be scum related, don't have any other reads off that as of right now so I want to pressure them with votes.
VOTE: Maple
As a general note, mason meta can easily differ from vt meta, so you might be outing him as non mason more than as scum

This the danger of using meta from pr games
Better than what I've seen from everyone else lol
In post 77, Weiss Schnee wrote:VOTE: team rocket queen
Explain thyself
No empty votes will slip under my radar
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:12 am

Post by Weiss Schnee »

Natsu explained why his tone reads really weird, although he needs to drop the gimmick I'm just moving on to my next null
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:15 am

Post by Natsu »

I'm definitely not going to keep posting like that throughout the game, as hilarious as it would be. I just like to do something random and silly in RVS to get it over with quicker.
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: jessie she it

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:58 am

Post by team rocket queen »

dumb tells are lean mafia if anything so jackson reading rg town for them and for rg's push onto jackson seems off. especially since town reading someone who pushes on you is common early game behaviour for mafia.

the info gained from meta analysis seems to be extremely limited. jackson seems a lot more active early in this game than other recently completed games of theirs in which they were town, but that's possibly because they were recently mislynched in a fairly exciting final 3 by the worst when they thought they had been towny throughout, and part of the reasoning for that was limited activity. (also the worst seemed to have it solved but then gave way to much weight to discussions between the two living parties when he knew one of them was mafia). non seems to post very little regardless of alignment, and weiss schnee's most recent completed games are hard for me to read since she was a replacement (and one of them is like 375 pages long and had 21, multiple replacements, and i can't make much sense of it)

anyway,

VOTE: jackson
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: jessie she it

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:59 am

Post by team rocket queen »

*21 players
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Weiss Schnee »

Team rocket do you have a lot of off site games? Starting off with meta reads is a little surprising for a newbie slot to me
Non lmh
Non lmh
Goon
Non lmh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Non lmh »

I thought goon was related to post count
Non lmh
Non lmh
Goon
Non lmh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Non lmh »

I think the team is natsu and jacksonvirgo
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:22 am

Post by OldMapleNostalgia »

In post 19, Rectiplanes wrote:My posting will be primarily at night (EDT) due to work. Short posts from my phone during breaks at work may be possible, but I do ask patience if anyone wants a long post.

I've been reading other Newbie games to get an idea of what to do/not do. I'm not going to pound on the table and claim I have any sort of meta insights into how (say) JacksonVirgo or Natsu play, though, and most of these names I haven't seen at all.
I don't get this line of thinking. Why wouldn't you want to share how you think someone (specifically, someone that you've seen/played with) is acting. I think that previous game metas help in fishing out scum, especially during RVS. The setups and scenarios can be different, but you can get a general feeling of how they play between games and see if they line up. I'm not sure if I misinterpreted this.
Non lmh
Non lmh
Goon
Non lmh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Non lmh »

natsu likes to read past games, I think he picked up the term locktown from reading the game jacksonvirgo posted
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Natsu »

In post 89, Non lmh wrote:natsu likes to read past games, I think he picked up the term locktown from reading the game jacksonvirgo posted
I definitely started off that way. But I think if you browse my past 4 games on this site you will see that I do it less and less each time. The last game in particular gave me one gut read that was correct based on my experience with a past player, but also made me misread two other players at the same time.

And the term town lock or locktown is commonplace and said by everyone here.
Rectiplanes
Rectiplanes
Goon
Rectiplanes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by Rectiplanes »

In post 88, OldMapleNostalgia wrote:
In post 19, Rectiplanes wrote:My posting will be primarily at night (EDT) due to work. Short posts from my phone during breaks at work may be possible, but I do ask patience if anyone wants a long post.

I've been reading other Newbie games to get an idea of what to do/not do. I'm not going to pound on the table and claim I have any sort of meta insights into how (say) JacksonVirgo or Natsu play, though, and most of these names I haven't seen at all.
I don't get this line of thinking. Why wouldn't you want to share how you think someone (specifically, someone that you've seen/played with) is acting. I think that previous game metas help in fishing out scum, especially during RVS. The setups and scenarios can be different, but you can get a general feeling of how they play between games and see if they line up. I'm not sure if I misinterpreted this.
I'm saying I saw very little of them in the games I was reading through, and none of it was memorable. There is, therefore, nothing I can usefully say about their playstyles and any deviation from the norm thereof. I'd have to go and study up on them if I wanted to do that, same as anyone else.

I am reading over the posts since I went to sleep last night, and making notes. I'll have another post shortly, I think, after I look over my notes and think.
Non lmh
Non lmh
Goon
Non lmh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by Non lmh »

you've never used it though
Non lmh
Non lmh
Goon
Non lmh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Non lmh »

weissschnee said she's an alt, do you think she's locktown because you've played with her before
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 83, team rocket queen wrote:dumb tells are lean mafia if anything so jackson reading rg town for them and for rg's push onto jackson seems off. especially since town reading someone who pushes on you is common early game behaviour for mafia.

the info gained from meta analysis seems to be extremely limited. jackson seems a lot more active early in this game than other recently completed games of theirs in which they were town, but that's possibly because they were recently mislynched in a fairly exciting final 3 by the worst when they thought they had been towny throughout, and part of the reasoning for that was limited activity. (also the worst seemed to have it solved but then gave way to much weight to discussions between the two living parties when he knew one of them was mafia). non seems to post very little regardless of alignment, and weiss schnee's most recent completed games are hard for me to read since she was a replacement (and one of them is like 375 pages long and had 21, multiple replacements, and i can't make much sense of it)

anyway,

VOTE: jackson
Did you even read the logic behind me calling them town?

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 87, Non lmh wrote:I think the team is natsu and jacksonvirgo
You are correct, ggwp

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 86, Non lmh wrote:I thought goon was related to post count
Same

wiki // GTKAS
Rectiplanes
Rectiplanes
Goon
Rectiplanes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by Rectiplanes »

OK. Everyone seems a bit more serious, which is good, because I think there's enough to get serious on. Let's start off by taking the boot off of Canada:

UNVOTE: OldMapleNostalgia

I will give my current readlist:

(TOWN-ISH) - TeamRocketQueen, Non-Imh, OldMapleNostalgia, Natsu, JacksonVirgo
(SCUM-ISH) - RG, RoboApocalypze, Weiss Schnee.

Let's begin with the last three, as I think town would most productively want me to address these.

RoboApocalypze

Three lazy posts, a self-vote, and then
nothing
. There is quite literally zero interaction with town. Super lazy. Maybe too transparently lazy for actual scum, I dunno, but if I don't suspect someone after that, what the hell am I doing here?

RG

You have been acting very clumsy and noobish in-thread, as if you don't understand a thing about the game. However, there are two things that make me suspect this is a sham. First, you must have been practically camping the game start, because I had been checking here and there in spare minutes at work ever since I confirmed receiving the role PM. I got in the thread pretty quickly - sixteen minutes after Karnage opened the game - and you beat me here. That speaks to a considerable interest in the game... but you basically blunder around like you've never seen one of these games before, which is hard to reconcile with that level of interest. I read through other games for a while before signing up, and I knew to have an avatar, basics of gameplay, etc. from just doing that. In addition, you're gamer enough to not only know what "Juggernog" is - I had to google it - but also to choose it as your emblem. I would expect such a person to be better prepared in the thread than you appear to be.

But perhaps you
are
better prepared - you have adopted a persona which will excuse any scum-convenient oopsies you might make. This is what I wonder. So I wonder, and I am suspicious.

WeissSchnee

Your votes flit from person to person. When you changed your vote to Natsu, and JacksonVirgo asked you about it in #47, they asked if it was an RVS vote or not. You replied:
Most everyone else seems townier at the moment but yeah basically
The first half of that sentence nukes the second. If you have a reason, then it's not RVS and you should announce it as such, so we know things are actually getting serious now. When you moved off Natsu, you said you were moving on to your next null... why nulls? Why not pressure people you think are scum? Do you think no one is scum at this point, worthy of real pressure?

Then there's your recent interaction with RocketQueen. You draw attention to the fact that RQ is attempting some sort of meta read on JacksonVirgo and definitely claiming she's read up on your games, and your first move on an apparently well-informed newbie is to... question if they're really a newbie? This struck me as weird when I first read it, and still does, considering how generally helpful you've been putting on the noob-herding teacher hat from time to time in this thread. I don't know exactly what I
would
expect you to post in response to that, but that just feels off entirely!

VOTE: WeissSchnee
Rectiplanes
Rectiplanes
Goon
Rectiplanes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Rectiplanes »

I forgot to mention, when Weiss is claiming to vote nulls, the vote on Natsu was while the ONLY thing Natsu had posted was the wish me luck post. There were a couple of lurkers and RoboApocalpyze's lazy trio of posts in between Natsu's one and only post to that point and Weiss's vote at #43. So, uh, Weiss, how do you read RoboApocalypze?
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Weiss Schnee »

Yeah I don't really have any strong scumreads yet, otherwise I wouldn't be sorting nulls.

And yeah, knowing whether TRQ comes from MU or something does kinda impact how I expect her to approach the game.

I'm not sure how I feel about you saying robo is "super lazy" when it seems like he hasn't checked into the thread since his self-vote, although you're right it's concerning he still hasn't done anything that looks like sorting. Not really feeling your RG read either atm

idk, your robo read might not be bad though, I'll have to decide soon whether more pressure there will make him produce more readable content

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”