Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1766, The Fonz wrote:
In post 1761, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1759, Amrun wrote:normal to think at least one of the counterwagons is scum
it is? ?
Yes, and it is SPECIFICALLY normal for Titus. In the just finished Boon game she spent most of her time arguing that because there were three wagons day one, the one that took off was town, therefore one of the others had to be scum.
that's still...silly logic I think. As it's not totally impossible that all 3 wagons would be on town. In this other game, were any of thee wagons on scum?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1632, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1629, AaronFrost wrote:I'm not nitpicking though, I'm trying to understand Nero's profii read because I don't think it makes much sense. There are far scummier slots and Nero is being uncooperative by continuing to tunnel profii despite there being far scummier slots to wagon right now. If that comes off as nitpicking, then so be it.

Anyways I have to go, not fully caught up as of right now, hope to be by tonight.
Discussing what's one scumteam's best strategy in multiball is nitpicking
I was trying to say that Nero's reasons for scumreading profii were weak and I don't think having more townreads than scumreads is AI in the slightest.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1640, tictac wrote:
In post 1592, AaronFrost wrote:The thing with tictac pointing out Wake's meta felt weird to me, generally weird = scummy. Wake, who is modding the game btw not playing it, is someone who is known to say "I hate Day 1" and then proceeds to lurk for the entire day. Hectic's doing the same thing here, the difference being that Hectic is actually playing the game whereas if he wanted to imitate Wake's playstyle he would just continue to lurk, which he's not. There's no correlation between their play here.
alas, for all my affectations of intellectual superiority i have sadly yet to unlock the elusive secrets of acausal mafia-playing. It is therefore tragically always the case that every single post of mine must be based on those posts that come
earlier
in the cosmic order and
not
on those posts that arrive
later

Also, why does the specific focus on 'Wake' matter, since you agree that Hectic was obviously memeing in ?
It felt like a weird thing to bring up, especially since the game you were talking about (the one he co-modded with me) Wake was A) scum and B) trying to break out of his "I hate Day 1 so I'm gonna lurk" meta. Why would you expect Chemist to know his playstyle based on that?
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1685, Titus wrote:
In post 1629, AaronFrost wrote:I'm not nitpicking though, I'm trying to understand Nero's profii read because I don't think it makes much sense. There are far scummier slots and Nero is being uncooperative by continuing to tunnel profii despite there being far scummier slots to wagon right now. If that comes off as nitpicking, then so be it.

Anyways I have to go, not fully caught up as of right now, hope to be by tonight.
Is this finally the rare game where you're town with me? Please say it is.
As long as you're town this game then yes it is :)
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1772, The Fonz wrote:I'm probs going to try to avoid engaging Nero the rest of the day tbh because I'm not especially interested in lynching him and I don't think talking to him helps me scumhunt.
If you're going to avoid Nero you could talk to me when I tried to engage with you
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1724, The Fonz wrote:Or to put it another way Nero you have so fucking many scum reads (or "reads") you're gonna be right on a few of them by simple chance.
Note to self: Try out the new mafia strategy of accusing everyone of being scum. You're guaranteed to be right somewhere.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by eth0s »

I'm gonna catch up on this tomorrow. Life's been really hectic the last few days.
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1709, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:dave, why aren't you voting? do you normally have trouble finding a home for your vote?
I'm often/usually a 2 ears 1 mouth type.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1781, eth0s wrote:I'm gonna catch up on this tomorrow. Life's been really hectic the last few days.
@Hectic what have you done to this poor fella
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1775, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1766, The Fonz wrote:
In post 1761, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1759, Amrun wrote:normal to think at least one of the counterwagons is scum
it is? ?
Yes, and it is SPECIFICALLY normal for Titus. In the just finished Boon game she spent most of her time arguing that because there were three wagons day one, the one that took off was town, therefore one of the others had to be scum.
that's still...silly logic I think. As it's not totally impossible that all 3 wagons would be on town. In this other game, were any of thee wagons on scum?

Actually one of them was scum. But it doesn’t matter what YOU think of the theory. The point is it’s a very consistently expressed theory of Titus’.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ok fine but I wasn't in that game.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1785, Nero Cain wrote:ok fine but I wasn't in that game.
Didn’t say you were. But doesn’t that change your perspective on that comment of Titus’?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1740, Nero Cain wrote:I have X number of scum reads. I do think I'm right but it's numerically possibly that I could be wrong. Fonz saying that I will be right on some of them is a slip, no?
Probability wise, the odds of being wrong on all of them is surprisingly low and goes down with number of reads, or conversely the odds of being right on at least one goes up with number of reads. So trying to read knowledge into what Fonz was saying is incorrect, he's right from a pure math point of view and it doesn't require knowledge of anyone's alignment to say that.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1751, Amrun wrote:Actually, it only requires basic reading comprehension and know that Titus hadn’t read the game at that point, which she is not only well known for, but explicitly said.
I agree, Titus tends not to read when subbing in.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

My mind has already turned off mostly for now until day 2 where things get interesting again. Unless I see a super wagon appear again, then I'll comment on that.

Until then I'm going low effort for now.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by davesaz »

I vaguely remember seeing some talk of votes outside major wagons as being useless.
I disagree on that point, this far away from deadline. Early day is for sorting and votes help with sorting.

VOTE: SausasaurusRex
I see elevated levels of caution and evasiveness, which are good early game scum indicators.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

VOTE: Elsa Jay
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

dave how DARE you
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by Titus »

Fonz, I am punting on your question. I'll explain why later.

Nero, what's your Rex read?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by Amrun »

Rex lynch is fine, probably better than tic tac.

VOTE: rex
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Guys for real, the votecount doesn't work if you don't put the full name
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I've been scum reading Rex for awhile now. Why are you asking questions that I've already answered?

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1796, Nero Cain wrote:I've been scum reading Rex for awhile now. Why are you asking questions that I've already answered?
If I scumread Rex, would you vote there with me?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by Amrun »

VOTE: SausasaurusRex
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1797, Titus wrote:
In post 1796, Nero Cain wrote:I've been scum reading Rex for awhile now. Why are you asking questions that I've already answered?
If I scumread Rex, would you vote there with me?
if his wagon overtakes yours fine

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”