Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Klick »

In post 320, Sujimichi wrote:It both reduces the potential pool of candidates to lynch (which is a minor negative for the Cultist) and decreases the likelihood of the Cultist being lynched (which is strong positive for the Cultist).
This is interesting - I'd strongly disagree and say it boosts our odds of a cult lynch today significantly. What's the logic there?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Klick »

In post 322, Sujimichi wrote:I am assuming the Cultist would place themselves within the "townbloc" and that the "townbloc" would not lynch within themselves. This would remove, or significantly decrease the likelihood of, the Cultist from being a potential lynch on Day 1.
Ohhh you answer that.
This is assuming that the cultist has any say in whether they get into the townbloc though, no?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:02 am

Post by Klick »

Looooool not sure why I called Slaxx Drixx all game until now?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Klick »

Who we voting team
I still think Conspire is a good vote but I'm fine with Alyssa too
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:09 am

Post by Auro »

In post 480, Klick wrote:Looooool not sure why I called Slaxx Drixx all game until now?
I actually thought one of the heads of Conspire was Drixx and you knew it for a while, then realized it was a typo, then was surprised others correctly knew you meant Slaxx, then joined in myself! :P
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:27 am

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

why am I being wagoned again?
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:33 am

this feels a lot like people being lazy rather than people actually scumreading me
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Auro »

Gut
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Auro »

Jk, but I'll detail my reasons tomorrow - need to sleep right now, see y'all
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:41 am

I hope they're good reasons
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:44 am

Post by Jingle »

1.3Image

With 10 alive, it is 6 to Lynch!

Alyssa the Lamb (3): , , ,
Homura (2): , ,
Farkran (1): ,
Conspire (1): ,
Klick (1): ,
Chemist1422 (0):
Sujimichi (0):
Auro (0):
Slaxx (0):
RCEnigma (0):

Not Voting (2): Alyssa the Lamb, ,

Deadline is in (expired on 2020-03-19 13:35:12).
Last edited by Jingle on Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:47 am

Jingle those aren't good reasons

cmon step up your game
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:49 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 479, Klick wrote:
In post 322, Sujimichi wrote:I am assuming the Cultist would place themselves within the "townbloc" and that the "townbloc" would not lynch within themselves. This would remove, or significantly decrease the likelihood of, the Cultist from being a potential lynch on Day 1.
Ohhh you answer that.
This is assuming that the cultist has any say in whether they get into the townbloc though, no?
Correct, and by being the first player to assert a "townbloc" between players it either works, and you get to include yourself in said "bloc," or it does not work and the "bloc" does not get created. There is also the possibility that it backfires and you are read as the Cultist for it, but given that probability argument that exists, that seems unlikely to occur.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:50 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 291, Auro wrote:
In post 275, RCEnigma wrote:Speculating on what Korina would or wouldn't do is all wifom.
Speculating on anything in mafia is WIFOM then, no? :P
Sure but like, we're on limited lynches and this is more like two different roads entirely as opposed to just a fork in one.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:08 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 422, Korina wrote:Hey, RCE, do you want into my cult?
Oh you know I do :oops:
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 475, Auro wrote:VOTE: Alyssa The Lamb
Suji, do consider sheeping me here.
Why?
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 486, Auro wrote:Jk, but I'll detail my reasons tomorrow - need to sleep right now, see y'all
Apologies. You stated here that you would address later.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:15 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Farkran I really like you for town right now but I want the block to be like, you, Alyssa, suji, auro.

Talk me through your suji!cultist read.

Also if you take Alyssa's RVs post out and put it in a vacuum does your read there change at all?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:59 am

Post by Klick »

In post 490, Sujimichi wrote:There is also the possibility that it backfires and you are read as the Cultist for it, but given that probability argument that exists, that seems unlikely to occur.
Less than 1/10 unlikely?

Consider the fact that the people I plucked out of thin air for my townbloc now seem to be getting widely townread, while people are on the whole more wary about me.
Do you think the creation of the townbloc has been overall positive for the gamestate?
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 495, RCEnigma wrote:Farkran I really like you for town right now but I want the block to be like, you, Alyssa, suji, auro.

Also if you take Alyssa's RVs post out and put it in a vacuum does your read there change at all?
Sujimichi has a relevant reputation among the new players - if you look him up, you will notice a nomination in the scummies 2020 for his scumplay. I would think he's the perfect player sorting by skill/reputation ratio, fitting a middle-of-the-road recruit of a good player that wouldn't stand out much despite never being actually lynched. He is very good at being townread as both alignments, but is not well known. In this game, i meta-townread him but it's not anything i would bet my life on - if i am wrong on my main guess, he's a good fallback option.
Aside from meta/out-of-game analysis, his introduction here was kinda shaky. He is a very logical player, but he doesn't seem to have the best understanding of this setup - once again, this is nothing scumlock worthy, just not what i would expect from a rational mind like suji's. Like, the comment about forming a town bloc, followed by "the guy who creates the town bloc has more cult equity than people inside the town bloc itself" is a bit awkward, considering all the mechanics present in this game.

WRT Alyssa, i think the slot is suffering bias from being wagoned because of that introduction, it's hard to re-evaluate without considering it. I mean, even her posts would suffer from it, not just the readers. If i had to give my honest opinion about her content, it would be that it's kinda lackluster - i'm still waiting for her reads and her explanation to said reads. As i said, it's hard to consider her without bias, but contrary to slots like klick i don't have anything strong to call her town.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:35 am

Chemist1422
Farkran

Korina

Sujimichi
Auro

Homura
Conspire
Alyssa the Lamb
Slaxx, replacing The Allfather

RCEnigma
Klick
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:38 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 497, Farkran wrote:
In post 495, RCEnigma wrote:Farkran I really like you for town right now but I want the block to be like, you, Alyssa, suji, auro.

Sujimichi has a relevant reputation among the new players - if you look him up, you will notice a nomination in the scummies 2020 for his scumplay. I would think he's the perfect player sorting by skill/reputation ratio, fitting a middle-of-the-road recruit of a good player that wouldn't stand out much despite never being actually lynched. He is very good at being townread as both alignments, but is not well known. In this game, i meta-townread him but it's not anything i would bet my life on - if i am wrong on my main guess, he's a good fallback option.
Aside from meta/out-of-game analysis, his introduction here was kinda shaky. He is a very logical player, but he doesn't seem to have the best understanding of this setup - once again, this is nothing scumlock worthy, just not what i would expect from a rational mind like suji's. Like, the comment about forming a town bloc, followed by "the guy who creates the town bloc has more cult equity than people inside the town bloc itself" is a bit awkward, considering all the mechanics present in this game.

WRT Alyssa, i think the slot is suffering bias from being wagoned because of that introduction, it's hard to re-evaluate without considering it. I mean, even her posts would suffer from it, not just the readers. If i had to give my honest opinion about her content, it would be that it's kinda lackluster - i'm still waiting for her reads and her explanation to said reads. As i said, it's hard to consider her without bias, but contrary to slots like klick i don't have anything strong to call her town.
I always assume players I'm unfamiliar with have strong town/scum games. I'm interested in the meta-townread if you want to expand on that.

Also I think your exchange there is mostly misunderstanding each other. I followed what suji was getting at and it was originally just a response to a question posed to them. Not them giving their thoughts on the gamestate. More like a hypothetical "if this is true, then this may also be true" scenario if that makes sense.

Return to “Completed Open Games”