Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I was very heavily prevaricating between wooper and Amrun, and despite professing a scumread on wooper, tried to wagon STRQ which didn't work. When it came down to the wire, I could have (and almost did) voted Amrun to keep wooper, who was hard townreading me, alive, which I could have easily justified by saying wooper's final comments were towny, because they were.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:24 am

The difference between me and Ame there is that wooper had me basically locked as town whereas he only townread Ame somewhat. And given that Ame and I had a lot of the vote mobility at that time, if it really was so heavily scum-controlled, we'd probably have been able to secure a lynch on Amrun which would set us up fantastically for the next day. Wooper pushes to heaven me or Ame, then he gets helled, etc. If I'm scum with Ame there we played it out massively suboptimally.

(Also, it would mean that Ame's wagon was all town aside from Ame themself, which is one of the reasons I'm townreading Elmo.)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:29 am

Post by Looker »

In post 1273, implosion wrote:Maybe elmo is an even better heaven than one of them though. Though that may be a hard sell to others. Not sure how strongly I think it.
I'll heaven myself before I heaven elmo

VOTE: popsofctown

• Amrun and/or Elmo must die
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:29 am

Post by Looker »

Are we allowed to heaven no one? lol Next go around, just have no one vote at all and see what happens
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Welp one down one to go...
I called it day one. Even if it was a policy.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 1277, Looker wrote:
In post 1273, implosion wrote:Maybe elmo is an even better heaven than one of them though. Though that may be a hard sell to others. Not sure how strongly I think it.
I'll heaven myself before I heaven elmo

VOTE: popsofctown

• Amrun and/or Elmo must die
Why the fuck do I need to die?
One can say the same about you. This games come to a full stop. It's a shame. It's also a shame I said I couldn't read the damn hydra and wanted them dead and the flip. Didn't vote Ame and wanted some time to get my reads in but life happened and someone then hammered.
Looker wrote:Are we allowed to heaven no one? lol Next go around, just have no one vote at all and see what happens
Too late we already have a vote therefore policy someones going.

Permanently V/LA
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

post 1253 really, really gives me the heebie jeebies. Why doesn't town!implosion have a hard stance on this slot in this gamestate? Even an erroneous townread would seem townie when implo is commenting on someone with so much content.

@Something_Smart: what's the EoD1 stuff that is supposed to clear you, I forgot. And also, why aren't you seeking towncred for your role in killing STRQ? My paranoia says it's guilt from knowing you shouldn't be townread for killing someone from a PT.. but I need more strong townreads.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Ame's explanation for how Elmo interacted with STRQ in a way that might be SvS seemed really valid. But, the wifom is, she's uh destroying her own team if it is valid. But may that's what he wants us to think. My head hurts very much. Ame is evil and I will never forgive her for this game
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:43 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 1282, popsofctown wrote:
Ame's explanation for how Elmo interacted with STRQ in a way that might be SvS seemed really valid. But, the wifom is, she's uh destroying her own team if it is valid. But may that's what he wants us to think. My head hurts very much. Ame is evil and I will never forgive her for this game
Why would I want to destroy my team. Don't you think if this was the case I would have pushed for the hydra on heaven as a way to distract? I think you are pushing and reaching a bit here. Ame flipped scum. Remember this and I've been consistently with this. Why would I bus a partner this hard on hell 1 for cred?

Permanently V/LA
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:30 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1281, popsofctown wrote:
post 1253 really, really gives me the heebie jeebies. Why doesn't town!implosion have a hard stance on this slot in this gamestate? Even an erroneous townread would seem townie when implo is commenting on someone with so much content.

@Something_Smart: what's the EoD1 stuff that is supposed to clear you, I forgot. And also, why aren't you seeking towncred for your role in killing STRQ? My paranoia says it's guilt from knowing you shouldn't be townread for killing someone from a PT.. but I need more strong townreads.
ame's scum flip shook me and i never had time/energy to really rethink things through yesterday.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:32 pm

Post by implosion »

actually i might be wrong to townread pops. I think i'd rather like, townread elmo than pops? maybe even s_s.

pops is like, playing really well, and talking in a way that makes me look at what she's saying and go "yeah, that's town". This has been the case since like mid yesterday. But that isn't really strictly necessarily town indicative, it's just like, good play.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:36 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 612, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 609, Ame wrote:Everyone should provide exactly their top 3 town reads (no more, no less) and exactly 2 strongest scum reads.
Implosion, Elmo, Looker.

Wooper, Ame.

I don't feel strongly about either scumread, before I get any demands for explanation.
These are like, pretty good reads for theoretical scum-S_S to espouse in response to this question. Idk about it.

I think I might be convincing myself that S_S is actually safe enough to call town idk. I actually don't really care about the content in 1275/1276 almost at all but like, their existence and the existence of 1272 is probably town indicative for S_S in principle.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:38 pm

Post by implosion »

Like, I've been thinking more and more town on pops but I'm not sure that I've ever actually had a good reason for this. I think it's just the kind of read that I sort of lazily make sometimes. I'm not sure if I really know how to read pops.

I'm still just so not-sold on elmo being the scum though :\
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:34 am

In post 1281, popsofctown wrote:@Something_Smart: what's the EoD1 stuff that is supposed to clear you, I forgot.
See . It's nothing in particular, just the fact that I tried really hard to sort wooper and let him die even though in the process of my trying to sort him he locked me as town.
And also, why aren't you seeking towncred for your role in killing STRQ?
Because my role in killing STRQ was mostly just sheeping wooper, and bussing isn't outside my scum meta anyway.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

I am just going to write S_S off as town. I am massively irritated when people refer to something they did and insist it clears himself but "my role in killing STRQ was mostly just sheeping wooper" reads like a townslip.

Elmo, you voted STRQ day one, but you switched to Wooper.

I am extremely confused about implo's townread on me downshifting with the turning point being that I murdered scum and I'm concerned he's crunched the numbers and thinks he's PoE'd himself and has to flip on it.
1278 reads like a townpost.
Is there any particular reason Amrun can't be scum? All game it has felt lazy to want the scumslot to be there, but I don't think STRQ hard defending Amrun implies that Amrun is town. It was pretty clear STRQ was going to hell this game at some point, so letting scum!Amrun die yesterday would be a loss condition. Like, I think it's even possible the -plan- was to flip the lynch onto themselves to give Amrun a shot at the playerlist recalibrating during heaven 2 and heaven 3 to where Amrun lives, because STRQ's slot had fallen too far out of favor to ever make that type of judgment.

Looker, do you hate purple text and spoilered pink text equally because if so STRQ is dead so like, I might change.
"Well, I..."
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:36 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 1289, popsofctown wrote:Elmo, you voted STRQ day one, but you switched to Wooper.
It was a deadline lynch you know this. I went to bed

Permanently V/LA
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:40 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't know this, I was asleep for like 14 hours before deadline or something
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:44 am

Post by popsofctown »

If we get three kills like implo says I tentatively want to kill implosion, Amrun, and Looker. I actually don't want to kill Looker that much. It seems like I get to kill more people than I want to kill.

I only want to heaven S_S or myself right now which is like, equivalent to saying I don't have a confident exact solve right now, so seems pretty reasonable. Wagons on other slots will result in me throwing tantrums, engaging in childish behavior, voting the mod, etc
"Well, I..."
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Go back and look at D1 and you see me just throw caution to the wind and go to bed. I had work that night.

Permanently V/LA
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 459, Team STRQ wrote:it really depends on whether scum are trying to brute force a win or not tbh, that's what I've been looking for and the only time I really saw that was around the time of that giant 1v1 engagement several pages back

assuming it's not, then I think pops is probably scum instead for similar reasons, albeit with a lot less weight behind them than the wooper read; I don't think there's very good odds that 1v1 didn't have scum behind it, there's something fundamentally off about it and I don't think it feels that way if both of them are town.

however, if neither are scum, then scum simply don't have any presence in this game, which does increase amrun's odds being scum

independently though, no I don't have any particular read on amrun.

-Scum
I went back to read posts to find Elmo's progression

Ran a cross this and felt like this had to be quoted and mentioned for the memes.

I am pretty iffy about Summer autocorrecting to Scum, actually, yknow, it has an additional letter between S and U rather than being a transposition.. will hear from Ank later if she remembers her mens rea for this
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:57 am

In post 1289, popsofctown wrote:I am massively irritated when people refer to something they did and insist it clears himself
I'm sorry :/ I'm not necessarily arguing that everyone needs to be townreading me for that or that it's a problem if you aren't, but I do know myself, and I do know that that doesn't play out the way it did if I'm scum. You can take it for what you will. If you don't accept the reasoning, we can chat about why not.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

Is it productive if I'm locktowning you anyway? That seems like a waste of time.
"Well, I..."
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:12 am

Post by implosion »

pops wrote: I am extremely confused about implo's townread on me downshifting with the turning point being that I murdered scum and I'm concerned he's crunched the numbers and thinks he's PoE'd himself and has to flip on it.
This would be a valid point if I wasn't still listing 3 people other than me (elmo/looker/s_s) that i'm happy to heaven in principle.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:14 am

Post by implosion »

And "I murdered scum" is an extremely terrible reason to townread anyone in a gamestate where scum have the massive incentive of "if one more of us gets into heaven, we win" of bussing. If scum thought STRQ was not making it to endgame (which, is not unlikely) then it's more than plausible they'd hardbus.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm talking about lynching. You're happy to lynch Amrun into pops into implo?
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Open Games”