Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm not expecting to get townread for it necessarily, but I am definitely not expecting to get scumread for it.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:17 am

Post by implosion »

Like honestly if I'm scum I don't even know why I wouldn't take a hard stance on STRQ yesterday. It's kind of a terrible argument to call that scummy; if I'm scum yesterday (in fact, no matter who scum were yesterday) then scum were in an extremely strong position. Why would I as scum compromise that by staunchly refusing to take a stance on my dying buddy? I don't think there's any valid strategic reason for me to do that. I think there is one valid answer, and that's apathy... but why would I be more likely to be apathetic as scum than as town yesterday, with scum in such a good position? Apathy is the actual answer of why I didn't take a strong stance on STRQ, but it's not something I'd have been specifically more likely to have as scum.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:18 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1299, popsofctown wrote:
I'm talking about lynching. You're happy to lynch Amrun into pops into implo?
I wouldn't use "happy" but willing, i mean, pretty much. I think it wins fairly often. I think Amrun into pops into someone that isn't me wins more often, of course. And I think your reasons for flipping on me are bad, and I think I'm still obvious enough town to merit not being one of the people that dies so as to make all our lives easier.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:19 am

Post by implosion »

I also am still conflicted on you because you've been playing in a sort of "obvtown" way, but I really can't put my finger on how to actually read you.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:24 am

Post by popsofctown »

You have no empathy for why I'm finding "pops is really towny and that's why she's scum" disingenuous-sounding?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:26 am

Post by implosion »

that's a horrid misconstrual of what i'm saying and you know it is.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:29 am

Post by implosion »

There are six people left in the game; five of them are not me; of those three of them I see reasons to townread that I think are better than those that I can actually trust myself on for you. When I say you're playing like "obvtown" in quotes, I mean that you're playing the game very well, are saying the right things at the right times to look good, etc; but I can't put my finger on how to read you, i.e., I think it's entirely plausible that all that is within your scum range or that the "townish" things you're doing are things that scum playing very well could do as well, and I can't find specific things that I'm confident are outside of it. I think it's entirely possible you're scum and playing this game quite well. I think it's less likely that any of looker/elmo/s_s are scum who are doing something similar.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:32 am

Post by popsofctown »

Looker and Elmo are like, ok sure, but what basis is there that I have a better scumrange than S_S?
"Well, I..."
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:44 am

Post by implosion »

It's not exactly related to your scumrange vs his scumrange. It's that the things that I want at a gut level to call townish from you are the kinds of things that I think are more likely to be faked by scum that are playing well, and the things that I want to call townish from S_S are less at a gut level and more things that I think I can justify with reasons that have material veracity.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

You feel that way about Looker also?
"Well, I..."
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:54 am

Post by implosion »

honestly as regards looker i still have at least a little bit of residual townread from.....ame's towncase x_x

and beyond that I'm mostly coasting off of early stuff/consensus for my read on looker, and the fact that people are saying looker specifically doesn't have a big scum range. So it's a bit different than S_S. But I do think the fact ame did the towncase is also like, some town points for looker. Probably not a lot. I'm probably wrong to think that at all, but i do!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:59 am

Post by popsofctown »

If you are town I am, very frustrated with you
"Well, I..."
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:15 am

Post by implosion »

okay.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Amrun »

I have things I want to do here that I hope to do tonight, but I’m still fine heavening S_S. That’s mainly what I wanted last heaven anyway.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

I'm going to offer this proposal. Heaven me game goes on let me watch how this game plays out as we have a pretty good chance and my faith in so many reads is gone. This games gone down and were at in impasse for this day and heaven plays are a harder one then.otherwise. We need to get this right as we're in between a rock and hard place
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 1280, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Why the fuck do I need to die?
One can say the same about you. This games come to a full stop. It's a shame. It's also a shame I said I couldn't read the damn hydra and wanted them dead and the flip. Didn't vote Ame and wanted some time to get my reads in but life happened and someone then hammered.
  • Because I feel you're full of shit
    • You keep insisting that the game has no traction, but you're the one who's not voting
    • You voted Amrun for the better part of D1, but then when I insist that one of you needs to die, you flail
    • You mislynched Wooper and only jumped on Team STRQ when it was clear that they'd be the plurality
    • More NAI disclaimers/excuses
  • What can be said the same about me and why?
In post 1285, implosion wrote:actually i might be wrong to townread pops. I think i'd rather like, townread elmo than pops?
Is this a question or a statement? I no longer townread you.
In post 1285, implosion wrote:pops is like, playing really well, and talking in a way that makes me look at what she's saying and go "yeah, that's town". This has been the case since like mid yesterday. But that isn't really strictly necessarily town indicative, it's just like, good play.
What was the intent of this? Were you trying to discourage my townread of pops?
In post 1287, implosion wrote:Like, I've been thinking more and more town on pops but I'm not sure that I've ever actually had a good reason for this. I think it's just the kind of read that I sort of lazily make sometimes. I'm not sure if I really know how to read pops.

I'm still just so not-sold on elmo being the scum though :\
I'm not accustomed to this stream of consciousness playstyle. It's as if you're waiting for others to interject and insert logic for you. I can't do this because I want you to be accountable for fuck-ups.
In post 1310, implosion wrote:honestly as regards looker i still have at least a little bit of residual townread from.....ame's towncase x_x

and beyond that I'm mostly coasting off of early stuff/consensus for my read on looker, and the fact that people are saying looker specifically doesn't have a big scum range.
In post 318, Looker wrote:
In post 269, Amrun wrote:Except for Elmo. I’ve been thinking about this and I think it’s just outside of Elmo’s scumrange to do this. He’s town.
How do you make the determination of someone else's scumrange?
In post 1314, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:I'm going to offer this proposal. Heaven me game goes on let me watch how this game plays out as we have a pretty good chance and my faith in so many reads is gone. This games gone down and were at in impasse for this day and heaven plays are a harder one then.otherwise. We need to get this right as we're in between a rock and hard place
  • Brazenly forced assumption. We Heaven you and the game ends because you're scum.
  • Town apathy is a cheap trick and I'm not going to let you exploit it to make a quick run for Heaven
  • "Rock and a hard place" observation is valueless

• Stall tactics are cheap - is this really the best that y'all've got? Heaven me today and kill Amrun or Elmo tomorrow.
  • @pops: I don't hate your pink text anymore, but purple is beautiful
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1314, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:I'm going to offer this proposal. Heaven me game goes on let me watch how this game plays out as we have a pretty good chance and my faith in so many reads is gone. This games gone down and were at in impasse for this day and heaven plays are a harder one then.otherwise. We need to get this right as we're in between a rock and hard place
What's the proposal here? Just that we do the thing that's clearly optimal from your POV?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 1279, Amrun wrote:Since I just read the dead thread, I would never fake a V/LA or IRL issue. It’s a little upsetting people thought that. I’d like to see any of you maintain a game when your very small child is actually very ill to the point he was eventually hospitalized. That is not fair.

I do mostly play at work, gobbles is right, though I wouldn’t categorize weekends as v/la in the way I used to 6 years ago. (Just only have time to snipe post mostly)
:igmeou:
  • Just so Elmo knows that I'm very paranoid by nature. Amrun was scum this game.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Looker »

And is probably scum this one, too :igmeou:
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by implosion »

Honestly, stream of consciousness-ing is almost certainly one of the aspects of my town play that i am distinctly bad at emulating as scum. The intent of my last couple pages is just to say what I'm thinking; not strictly to discourage your townread of pops but to try and see if I can get a better read on her in some way. I've still been plenty clear with what my reads are at the moment.

The scum range thing is basically just that people have talked a lot about things you've done this game that they claim you're bad at emulating as scum; so in your case it's just based on what other people are saying. For e.g. pops or S_S it's more abstract, and I'm probably using the term scumrange in a way that's obscuring what I'm trying to communicate rather than making it clearer. In pops's case I'm really just using it as a proxy to mean "the kind of thing that scum playing well are generally capable of doing".
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Fuck it.
Either we see tomorrow. Or game ends.

VOTE: looker

I get to a point where I just learn to stop thinking and giving a shit.
I've passed this point.

You want to tell me Amrun isn't scum. No one seemed that interested in my case then but you want to hear it now. The hydra was too wish washy the entire game. And d1 flips help. Tbh I feel bad about Whooper. If this is the case why the fuck would I kill someone who sees me as obvious town? Once again WHY IT WAS AN EASY HEAVEN PHASE FOR ME IF I DIDN'T KILL HIM

Permanently V/LA
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:17 pm

Post by implosion »

i really just don't see a world in which scum-elmo keeps making posts like that.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 1319, implosion wrote:Honestly, stream of consciousness-ing is almost certainly one of the aspects of my town play that i am distinctly bad at emulating as scum.
Says who? Says you? You understand why I wouldn't believe this, right?
In post 1319, implosion wrote:The scum range thing is basically just that people have talked a lot about things you've done this game that they claim you're bad at emulating as scum; so in your case it's just based on what other people are saying. For e.g. pops or S_S it's more abstract, and I'm probably using the term scumrange in a way that's obscuring what I'm trying to communicate rather than making it clearer. In pops's case I'm really just using it as a proxy to mean "the kind of thing that scum playing well are generally capable of doing".
Who are you Heavening today?
In post 1320, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Fuck it.
Either we see tomorrow. Or game ends.

VOTE: looker

I get to a point where I just learn to stop thinking and giving a shit.
I've passed this point.
Is this more of you relinquishing accountability for your actions?
In post 1320, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:You want to tell me Amrun isn't scum.
Before I respond, does this sentence require any edits?
In post 1320, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:If this is the case why the fuck would I kill someone who sees me as obvious town?
Who were your alternatives?
In post 1320, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Once again WHY IT WAS AN EASY HEAVEN PHASE FOR ME IF I DIDN'T KILL HIM
Again. Edits?
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:42 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

You know I've wanted the hydra dead Day 1. I never had a reason to move my vote from Amrun as I was getting a feel to play mafia. Again

Permanently V/LA
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:24 pm

Post by implosion »

Looker wrote:Says who? Says you? You understand why I wouldn't believe this, right?
Yep.
Looker wrote:Who are you Heavening today?
I'd say in order of preference at this exact moment: me, elmo, you, or S_S. Whoever is highest on that list with enough support. Not in a hurry though.

Return to “Completed Open Games”