Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by Aloratom »

In post 571, Paragon wrote:
In post 570, Aloratom wrote:
In post 566, Paragon wrote:Aloratom plays very differently as mafia. He likes to buddy people and feels inclined to fabricate reads. Here, he is honest about what's he's thinking and is not presenting and of the aforementioned behaviour. His push on me was in good faith.

Conspire has not posted much, but I really like their style. This might be more of a personality read than an alignment one.

You're still doing it. You need to stop both gimmicks. Your self-imposed post cap is just part of a bigger picture.
Sorry, I saw the chance and I had to take it. Why do you think me doing that is scum-indicative? I'm just having some fun.
Giving reads for a player who isn't in the game is not only confusing, it's deceiving those repping in, and it skews how people view your reads as well as their own. If one of us is going on a snipe hunt and insists that others follow them, I can conclude only that they aren't interested in scum hunting but in discouraging others from doing so.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Paragon »

In post 574, Ame wrote:
In post 571, Paragon wrote:
In post 570, Aloratom wrote:
In post 566, Paragon wrote:Aloratom plays very differently as mafia. He likes to buddy people and feels inclined to fabricate reads. Here, he is honest about what's he's thinking and is not presenting and of the aforementioned behaviour. His push on me was in good faith.

Conspire has not posted much, but I really like their style. This might be more of a personality read than an alignment one.

You're still doing it. You need to stop both gimmicks. Your self-imposed post cap is just part of a bigger picture.
Sorry, I saw the chance and I had to take it. Why do you think me doing that is scum-indicative? I'm just having some fun.
Because you made it up after
That was when I decided to reveal my post restriction, Ame. You think I invented a whole gimmick to hide the fact I'm associated with popsofctown? I play for fun, not to impose something on myself which I don't enjoy. Like I mentioned before: you're overthinking that.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by Ame »

Why did you start with 9?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by Taly »

ame
i love your gifs do you have anything to talk about or are we just mind melding here.

Things I Want Clarified About
Paragon's
Reads:
-Gamelong townread on
eyestott

-
Taco
scumread remains without an eyelash bat to his catchup posting
-
Fuzzy
and
Rabid slot
scumreads which I asked about
-I also wanna know why
Alo's
push on him is good faith gamesolving but not mine

ndmath
, what's your reservation at posing the L1 vote on
pops
?

also tbh i know i said id lynch
fuzzy
but my 2 stronger scumreads are wanting that lynch so im feeling more inclined to stick on one of those 2 wagons.

if anyone wants me to make an official case and probably catch 2 more 1v1s except not because it will become a 2v1, let me know.

p-edit

here's a tiger GIF because
Alo
gets it

...nvm my internet is shitty, I give you my affection

Conspire
is a
Paragon
alt, to clarify
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by Paragon »

To clarify: I
do
enjoy this posting restriction.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 577, Paragon wrote:You think I invented a whole gimmick to hide the fact I'm associated with popsofctown?
No, it just makes 0 sense for
pops
to lie about a post restriction herself just to give yours more credibility, especially when her vote has been on similar people you've voted and suspected yourself - and neither of you have definitively called the other town or scum but have made a lot of interaction, it feels distancey and scum/scum. I can link the posts that have me think so.

Like I still think
pops
is individually more likely scum than you and I am open to you actually refuting the points I mentioned above + ones I made earlier, but no, this quote is inaccurate on how I read the situation, at least.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by Paragon »

In post 579, Taly wrote:Things I Want Clarified About Paragon's Reads:
-Gamelong townread on eyestott
-Taco scumread remains without an eyelash bat to his catchup posting
-Fuzzy and Rabid slot scumreads which I asked about
-I also wanna know why Alo's push on him is good faith gamesolving but not mine
eyestott since all his stances/opinions seem real. Genuineness read. We've discussed this previously and you agreed. His frustration was very real as he discusses almost repping out.

I did not see anything explicitly townie from Taco's catchup. Did you find it towny?

Aloratom's push on me was real; he felt hurt and deceived after he realised the discussion I'd been having with him about Conspire was for naught. His case made sense. Your turn on me felt opportunistic and lacked the good reasons Aloratom had; specifically how you framed it like I was scumreading everyone who was scumreading me. Part of my scumread on you is also gut, and it's hard to substantiate that part.

Also, it's very cruel of you to state these as non-questions.

Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Paragon »

In post 578, Ame wrote:Why did you start with 9?
9 is a nice number.

Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by Ame »

Taly I'm skimming, but there's some things I'll go into later.
In post 558, Paragon wrote:eyestott
Aloratom
Wiisp
Yshtola Rhul
Conspire
popsofctown
Ame/Atarashi Hajimari
NDMath/Robbnva
Taly
Luca Blight/Rabid Schnauzer
Taco
TheFuzzylogic99

VOTE: TheFuzzylogic99
What happened to being pocketed by pops?
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Paragon »

As my fifth highest read; she's a townlean. If she's scum, that means she's pocketed me.

Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 583, Paragon wrote:
9 is a nice number.

Uh huh.

There are things I want to town read you for, but I'm so frustrated that you won't just tell me the truth and I can't let it go :/
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by Paragon »

In post 586, Ame wrote:
In post 583, Paragon wrote:
9 is a nice number.

Uh huh.

There are things I want to town read you for, but I'm so frustrated that you won't just tell me the truth and I can't let it go :/
Okay, fine; I'll tell you the truth, Ame. I do feel kinda bad and being scumread for these reasons out of stubbornness seems silly. I thought of the gimmick when I asked you about popsofctown without explicitly asking you about popsofctown. That is simply when I decided to come up with it, it had nothing to do with pops.

Since then, I've just been playing along with it. I said 9 since I actually went back and counted the questions/answers before the point I said I had reached 0 in my questioning quota, and calculated the number 9.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:33 pm

Post by eyestott »

Ame, is the reason you ask those questions at the start of games because you’re in cognitive neuroscience and you like to develop a feel as to a persons personality irrespective of alignment?

Also, do you have any solid townreads?
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by Ame »

Thank you for being honest n_n!!

I'll look over you again with a fair eye.

@eyes yes that's exactly right! One of the biggest driving forces for me as a person is the desire to understand other people. Like
really
understand them and the way they experience. I feel like we are all kind of trapped? Each only capable of experiencing an infinitesimal sliver of existence. Not only are we perceptually limited by our species umwelt, but even just from being born one person and not another: the variation in perception and cognition from person to person is seriously astounding. We go about day-to-day under the illusion that what we personally perceive is all there is and that other people more or less perceive and think in the same way, but it's just not true! Our minuscule fields of existence are nothing but shadows on a cave wall. It may be impossible to truly understand another person, but the closer you get it's like getting a glimpse of their unique configuration of shadows and finding out they are made of entirely different stuff from your shadows and it's like the best experience in the world to me.

I'm still town reading / leaning all the Warriors or Light and those with angelic aethers that I mentioned before.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Not sure what the VC is atm but I think I want to lynch Fuzzy today. There is nothing remotely townie about his contributions so far.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by Ame »

Nice I finally get to see Luca scum in action!
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

What makes you say that?
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Ame »

Well dog was scum and you've deviated from your town meta that's been consistent in 3 games I've played with you and 2 that I've read. Could you do an analysis on pops when you get the chance? I asked dog earlier but he never got to it.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Does that mean you'll feel sad that you didn't understand me when I flip green, Ame?

I'm townreading Paragon. I figured out another one of his alts and am disappointed there are not as many separate wonderful people in existence as I previously thought but also by meta I think it gives me additional reason to be townreading him.
I share his frustration that preflip assoc reads are stupid, there is probably inherent validity to a gamestate read that Paragon is probably aligned with me, and people are just errantly presuming that it's S/S. Like I actually don't care way too much about getting mislynched here, I was starting to miss my day1 mislynch meta and I think there will be lots to read from the debris, but confbiasing into preflip assocs squanders the reads you can develop using this dayphase. Preflip assocs are inherently bad play because player's reads are actually very close to rand but psychologically they tend to feel more confident than that.
Taco seems kind of townish to me. Maybe, like on tone?
NDMath's catchup seemed scummy to me, though I'm not sure that's accurate omgus. Would like to see more from the slot.
Y'shtola's passivity is at a critical mass. I am not sure how it would ever be possible to townread her the way she's playing.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I didn’t really notice Taco when I skimmed through, but upon Iso’ing he could be scum as well. A fair number of posts but hardly any content to speak of.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 593, Ame wrote:Well dog was scum and you've deviated from your town meta that's been consistent in 3 games I've played with you and 2 that I've read. Could you do an analysis on pops when you get the chance? I asked dog earlier but he never got to it.
How’ve I deviated from my town meta?

I thought dog was pretty obviously Town, even if I am slightly biased.

From my skim through I had Pops as a scum-lean. Will go more in depth soon.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 596, Luca Blight wrote: I thought dog was pretty obviously Town, even if I am slightly biased.
Perceiving his iso as better than leantown is definitely implausible to me. I agree with Ame's read here
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 597, popsofctown wrote:
In post 596, Luca Blight wrote: I thought dog was pretty obviously Town, even if I am slightly biased.
Perceiving his iso as better than leantown is definitely implausible to me. I agree with Ame's read here
His anger about the lying and subsequent replace-out was obviously Town imo.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 582, Paragon wrote:
In post 579, Taly wrote:Things I Want Clarified About Paragon's Reads:
-Gamelong townread on eyestott
-Taco scumread remains without an eyelash bat to his catchup posting
-Fuzzy and Rabid slot scumreads which I asked about
-I also wanna know why Alo's push on him is good faith gamesolving but not mine
eyestott since all his stances/opinions seem real. Genuineness read. We've discussed this previously and you agreed. His frustration was very real as he discusses almost repping out.
Can you be more specific on what he's said that's genuine?
In post 582, Paragon wrote:I did not see anything explicitly townie from Taco's catchup. Did you find it towny?
It didn't sound like he was pulling anything out of his ass, but I'm reserving judgment until he finishes his ISOing.
In post 582, Paragon wrote: push on me was real; he felt hurt and deceived after he realised the discussion I'd been having with him about Conspire was for naught. His case made sense. Your turn on me felt opportunistic and lacked the good reasons Aloratom had;
specifically how you framed it like I was scumreading everyone who was scumreading me.
Part of my scumread on you is also gut, and it's hard to substantiate that part.
The bolded was only part of my scumread on you, which I also voiced the other reasons, I thought were clear.

1)
You wanted to wagon and push ALL of the lurker slots (not a specific one, or a slot who had a lot of game content to parse), and reinforced your
Rabid
scumread onto a slot even after he replaced out.
2)
It's completely fine if you take joy out of your shticks, but you mentioning the
Conspire
as another player and you not quickly stating that the post restriction was all in good fun (when you were suspected with votes) feels disingenuous. There's having fun and then there's not acknowledging when people aren't on the same page as you.
3)
In part, your response to my push, since you only seemed to focus on certain aspects of it, and you haven't digressed about any of your scumreads when I asked you about them.
In post 582, Paragon wrote:Also, it's very cruel of you to state these as non-questions.

I don't feel compelled to follow your posting restriction approach if it's not meant to be AI.
eyestott wrote:Ame, is the reason you ask those questions at the start of games because you’re in cognitive neuroscience and you like to develop a feel as to a persons personality irrespective of alignment?

Also, do you have any solid townreads?
You know, I always wrote off
Ame's
questions like that since I didn't know how they pertained to the game but that's a fucking really cool take and concept to toy with.

I think I'll answer them soon :)
Luca Blight wrote:Not sure what the VC is atm but I think I want to lynch Fuzzy today. There is nothing remotely townie about his contributions so far.
pops
is at L2
I don't care enough to know
paragon's
votes but they're like one or two votes behind.
There's like 2 people on
Fuzzy
?

p-edit

popsofctown wrote:
Does that mean you'll feel sad that you didn't understand me when I flip green, Ame?

I'm townreading Paragon. I figured out another one of his alts and am disappointed there are not as many separate wonderful people in existence as I previously thought but also by meta I think it gives me additional reason to be townreading him.
I share his frustration that preflip assoc reads are stupid, there is probably inherent validity to a gamestate read that Paragon is probably aligned with me, and people are just errantly presuming that it's S/S. Like I actually don't care way too much about getting mislynched here, I was starting to miss my day1 mislynch meta and I think there will be lots to read from the debris, but confbiasing into preflip assocs squanders the reads you can develop using this dayphase. Preflip assocs are inherently bad play because player's reads are actually very close to rand but psychologically they tend to feel more confident than that.
Taco seems kind of townish to me. Maybe, like on tone?
NDMath's catchup seemed scummy to me, though I'm not sure that's accurate omgus. Would like to see more from the slot.
Y'shtola's passivity is at a critical mass. I am not sure how it would ever be possible to townread her the way she's playing.
I can turn off what my brain wants to conclude as preflip associatives, but my scumreads are also built individually.

pops
, you're going to have to really sell me on who you want to lynch and you don't have to explain why my reads are poorly constructed in your eyes.

Seriously, if you're town
pops
, can you work with me?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”