bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3775 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by bji »

Just remember Math forced me to vote with his LYLO rules and nobody defended me. Just remember that.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3776 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by Micc »

gunna be honest. I'm trying pull example quotes out of menalque's iso that felt like town solving when I went through it D4 and having a hard time finding what I saw before. its possible I'm confbiasing around bji + menalque.

going to move onto math and come back to icon
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3777 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by Micc »

errr move onto math and come back to menalque
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3778 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3775, bji wrote:Just remember Math forced me to vote with his LYLO rules and nobody defended me. Just remember that.
Your rules just improved which were already mine.

You were fake hammered you voted.

Now we wait for Menal to cross vote.

Then it’s up to us three where we vote.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3779 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3776, Micc wrote:gunna be honest. I'm trying pull example quotes out of menalque's iso that felt like town solving when I went through it D4 and having a hard time finding what I saw before. its possible I'm confbiasing around bji + menalque.

going to move onto math and come back to icon
If it’s a cross bus we get a scum today and whoever’s left can sort it tomorrow.

The point of this is to make sure we live to see another day and the towniest decide the vote.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3780 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by Micc »

oh i'm on board with the process. I'm just following up on the things menalque asked for under the premise of town-spewing. but casing menalque town has been difficult enough that I'm questioning what I saw D4 to put menalque in locktown territory.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3781 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Menalque »

VOTE: bji
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3782 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Menalque »

I mean I’m not really surprised

I guess there’s still like a chance of icon/micc but ehh
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3783 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Menal now that bji has to be scum to you care to case him?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3784 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by Menalque »

I mean I’m trying to move away from cases because I’m not sure they’re actually very helpful to town

I think bji should be pretty obvious scum to everyone

If you’re asking me to go through his iso and look for some stuff that pings me as the most obvious indications of him being scum, okay, I will if you really can’t see him as scum without that
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3785 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by Menalque »

But it’s happening tomorrow bc rn I’m just checking in on my games and then having a cup of tea and sleeping
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3786 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Micc »

Spoiler:
In post 1114, Menalque wrote:Yo I’m kind of here now

I don’t think chem flips scum at this point because there’s we’ve been stalling out in that direction for days and I would expect his partners to be doing something, even if that something was hard bussing, rather than just letting the lynch default there while not even getting credit — the corollary to this and also scummy given the reaction to chem repping in is if chem is scum that scum were on super early (icon, GL, bji) at a glance, and so were gonna get credit without needing to push later

I think that the reaction from bob in particular and also but less so from icon/looker is concerning in that there seems to be a late push to make sure that chem gets flipped which makes me think of scum worried they’re losing their D1 mislynch — which is, let’s not forget, fundamentally a lurker lynch — due to a player repping in who may actually obvtown. Which means that continuing to push the lynch later would look really bad or would mean having to give up on lynching a slot they did a bunch of groundwork on
In post 3337, MathBlade wrote:Tracker/watcher doesn’t provide “investigative”
In post 3340, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: Ico

Gonna start here I think.
In post 3342, MathBlade wrote:Ico would have to be tracker/follower.

In actuality the informed was likely there was a cop given Aaron’s was that there was a doctor. Given the context of the conversation and that Ico didn’t check <redacted> means likely Ico+<redacted> or <redacted2>

I am putting redacteds to try to avoid tunneling.
In post 3343, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3341, Micc wrote:yeah, remember how I said icon stumbled with his claim? That was the tracker/watcher > Watcher follower > tracker follower dance.

(that might not be exactly how it went down, but it was certainly messy)

also I have to leave for at least a few minutes cause work, but I will be around on and off for the next ~3 hours
Yeah suspicious AF he hasn’t been lynched yet.

Scum probably strongmanned N2.

Ico being scum solves the “why is Ico alive?” problem.
In post 3358, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3355, Micc wrote:how do you suppose, and why do you suppose that Icon, as a scum rolecop gave up the information that the Town Roleblocker (later confirmed to be Datisi) targeted menalque?

I'm also like not 100% sure you have the timeline correct based on you talking about Datisi claiming D2 when it didn't happen till D3.
Because if Ico didn’t he would need a probable story later.

Fake claims have two parts.

1) Have to be realistic at the moment of the claim
And 2) Have to be carried out realistically.

Ico did neither checking Menalque (if true) and their claim is literally impossible under normal standards. If this was a theme there may be a possibility of innocence but this is a normal.
In post 3362, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2467, Iconeum wrote:
In post 2461, Micc wrote:
In post 2455, Iconeum wrote:
the roleblocker didn't target you
If you have that as fact, then slaxx is lying yeah? And if you don’t then either quit saying stuff like this or full claim so we can help you with the mechanics.

Like I’ve got you as Town, and so does everybody else, but I don’t think we can afford another mechanical mistake. You dying in a spot where we can’t accurately pick up your crumbs is a mistake.
I'm a combined tracker/watcher.

I saw aaron perform a role investigative action on N1 on emps.

I saw a player (that is not slaxx) perform a roleblocking type of action on N2 on a player (that is not slaxx)
This here.

He made a mistake then said follower watcher.

After making a mistake the first time you think he would have just looked at his role PM.

This is just trying to correct a TMI fuckup
In post 3367, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2496, Iconeum wrote:
In post 2494, Datisi wrote:are you a comibed follower/watcher or a combined follower/tracker then???
follower/tracker
Now he all of a sudden is tracker?

I call bs.

If he was tracker/follower as claimed that’s more OP than cop and gets shot every time.

Tunnel mode engaged

I think mathblade's initial instinct of pushing against icon's claim is town. this is the place I would expect a town player replacing into this game to land because of how messy icon's claim was and how tracker/follower looks in the overall setup balance. I was in these shoes for at least 3 hours one night while posting on my phone from bed until 3am. I think landing somewhere else would be indicative of hidden scum motivations, especially considering the gamestate was in a position where pushing a bob/bji/micc solve would have been pretty trivial.

Spoiler:
In post 3495, MathBlade wrote:Since your solve is that me+Micc isn’t the answer who is the scum on the wagon?

This game has been dominated hunting off wagon. Look at why.

Disagree with my reads all you want but there is more than enough that people should be able to do their own VCA or attempt it and see if it matches the history. If your PoE matches narrative and VCs you’re good. If it doesn’t then either your gut is wrong or your analysis is and you need to get them in sync.
In post 3527, MathBlade wrote:People seem to be contradictory reads that Ico is prob!Town but aren’t listening to him.

That’s an odd contradiction.
In post 3530, MathBlade wrote:Assume you and Ico are both town.

That means the wagon pushing bob is town driven with the majority town and has stalled out.

Yet you are being pushed which seems to be against Ico’s desires. This means that Ico doesn’t have influence of the game despite being widely townread.

With me so far?
In post 3531, MathBlade wrote:This means that scum have a vested interest in not lynching bob right now if bji is town.

This is either because bob is scum or scum have two wagons they can split on that are both town.
In post 3532, MathBlade wrote:So then scum would necessarily have to exist on the bji wagon if bji is town.

I think this line of analysis shows genuine town solving. and now I'm looking back on that wagon of [L-1]bji (3) - Looker, bob3141, Micc and seeing that everyone on it is town and that makes me feel pretty good about a bji lynch today. and a little stupid for hammering bob.
In post 3617, MathBlade wrote:No one vote. This is lylo. Do a “fake vote” saying like “I would vote for X” or something like that. We vote when ready.
this is NAI, but I do want to say that I like formalizing the fake vote process and appreciate math's dedication to it. should probably happen in more games than it does.

Spoiler:
In post 3649, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3076, the worst wrote:
vote count 3.07

Slaxx (4) - Looker, Menalque, Iconeum, bob3141
Micc (1) - Slaxx
bob3141 (1) - bji

not voting: Micc, Skygazer, Datisi

with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

This phase ends in (expired on 2020-03-08 16:50:00).

mod notes: quack
This VC imho is really telling for a bji+Micc team.

Slaxx votes Micc and most votes criss cross. Bji however doesn’t vote Slaxx or Micc. This implies that bji at this point wanted neither lynched. This means his reasoning should be looked at for this bob vote. With bob’s town flip and how long bji has remained on bob if town bji should have been all “WTF?” Why?
In post 3650, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3039, bji wrote:So like I said I may kind of be confbiasing here. Slaxx is scum read by my town reads -> the lazy part of me will want to just scum read Slaxx to sheep my townpool -> I start being hyper critical of Wilky interactions -> I start being hyper critical of Bob.

Just full disclosure there. Also there is the fact that I have not given nearly this attention to other players.

I also feel like Wilky didn't look very good after close analysis, and I can give reasons (some of which I already gave above), but honestly Slaxx just feels quite town to me. Which then kind of makes me question, can Bob be scum if part of the reason I don't like him is because I started by looking for bad interactions with Slaxx slot?
Ignoring the lots of words before a moment this is a common hedge scum tend to do when voting a townie subconsciously.

He said that he may be confbiasing here. Yet bji did not reevaluate for two whole days? When he himself admitted he might be wrong? It was important enough for him not to vote Slaxx or Micc but he might be wrong. This IMPLIES he townread Micc and Slaxx more than bob.

This is something very commonly done by scum. The question becomes if bji is scum why did he not want Slaxx or Micc? And if bji is town why no re-evaluation or attempt at reads?
In post 3653, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3651, Micc wrote:Chemist was making a joke when he said duck’s alter ego. The whole playerlist is there even if you just ignore it.

Is there a specific reason you are voting bji over me with that solve?
Yes there is. Since the VC indicates a planned bus is required as I know I am town, it is 100% certain from my POV and should be from yours if you’re town as well that there is scum in Ico, bji, and Menal with 100% certainty with bob’s flip and Looker’s nightkill.

This means looking back at the VCs and finding out which of those three have to be scum.

While I think your hammer is scum indicative and would support your wagon if a majority of my townreads agree, I know I should be aiming for scum where I know it has to be.

Out of bji, Ico, and Menal bji has the best odds of being scum especially when the thread was closed for two days and didn’t reevaluate his position that was wrong most of day three and day four.

This reads like he is trying to cost.

My initial thought of your vote on bji being a bus is probably likely given you hammered bob without intent while I was sorting.

My theory is I think you think you could spin Menal as scum by killing Looker and hoped I would push Ico.

We still need Ico’s results to see if my theory is still most likely.

But yeah I am fairly confident bji is scum here since I taught him how I view scum.

Pedit will respond time that in a minute.

I like this as town minded solving in a world where bji is scum, which is hopefully where we are.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3787 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Micc »

are we at the point where we have agreed on bji and it's my turn to vote?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3788 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3787, Micc wrote:are we at the point where we have agreed on bji and it's my turn to vote?
It’s up to me and Ico and you to vote.

Mainly I think we get a bit more if we wait and see if all three of us online but I am only awake sporadically soo

If you wanna vote go ahead. Mainly the double smash I think has been avoided.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3789 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I just am scared you’re budding me.

If I die do the fake vote tomorrow.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3790 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Micc »

Idk if I should be holstering this opinion for the purpose of not informing the nightkill. But i see you or Menalque dying as indicative of icon scum. The last scum would have to be multitasking to nightkill and prevent an icon result. I don’t see a world where you or Menalque is willing to 1v1 icon and his result while mislynching me is still on the table. Exactly what powers scum bji has impacts this slightly of course.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3791 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3790, Micc wrote:Idk if I should be holstering this opinion for the purpose of not informing the nightkill. But i see you or Menalque dying as indicative of icon scum. The last scum would have to be multitasking to nightkill and prevent an icon result. I don’t see a world where you or Menalque is willing to 1v1 icon and his result while mislynching me is still on the table. Exactly what powers scum bji has impacts this slightly of course.
I am thinking right now it’s all wine.

Mainly just construct who is scum based on NKs in private imho.

Publically sharing that may suggest to scum to act differently.

We gotta focus on today.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3792 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by Micc »

I don’t have anything else to talk about today besides following through with casing that Menalque recommended. And as far as I’m concerned that can happen overnight. You gave your blessing so once icon gives his I’m voting bji
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3793 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by bji »

Well gg Menalque and Math. You have managed to get me universally scum read and it sucks that I'm going to be the LYLO mislynch that loses it for town. I can't believe that Micc and Ico can't see what is happening here but I suppose the fact that I have lost almost all interest in this game and could not bring myself to really put effort into solving in LYLO is the real reason so I should really be apologizing to you guys. I probably just should have replaced out D4 but I have this stupid ego trip about never having replaced out of any game and I let that convince me to stay in. So sorry again.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3794 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

You could like keep trying.

And I am obvTown. I am so town they enshrine me next to town in the dictionary.

Like seriously you’re not doing any wincon any favors here.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3795 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:21 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Such a bad feeling about this
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3796 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:25 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Menal and micc hmm

Cool
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3797 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:29 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Menal with the strenge position to bugs wagon for which i have to town him frrom datisi
But whyyy

And if menal town then bji the busser
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor