Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by Paragon »

Reasons for my gut scumread on Taly:

• A lot of these are based on tone and are hard to articulate.
  • I want others to let me know if I'm stupid for scumreading someone for these posts, or if they get similar feelings.
In post 13, Taly wrote:VOTE: TheFuzzylogic99

tElL mE mOrE aBoUt BeInG a ToWn PoTaTo
In post 55, Taly wrote:
Wiisp wrote:@tali
Ok Wooper
hehe, do you have more to add than
"I don't do RVS"
and
"tali!"
wiiiiiiiissppppppppi
? ;)
In post 96, Taly wrote:
Aloratom wrote:
In post 79, Paragon wrote:
In post 77, Aloratom wrote:Robb -- You feeling this game yet?
Why ask Robb this of everyone?

If you guys are best buds, I need to know now so that I can try and kill you together.
Robb's a good guy. As far as I know there's no reason to lol either of us.
hehe, I can lol you both after I'm done with
Taco
, don't worry ;)
In post 181, Taly wrote:y'all are gettin' some fuckin' homework assignments from me
In post 206, Taly wrote: LOL

I have NOT read a game you're in recent memory. Join date doesn't mean much to me above someone having like 1-2 games of mafia in
Y'shtola's
case. (((I thought you wanted to talk about her vote on
Fuzzy
btw?))))
In post 207, Taly wrote:
Paragon
, calm with the role and setup spec... we don't need to give scum anymore information and there's nothing we can do as town about roles at this moment.
This was in response to . I don't see how talking about the number of scum in the game (information that is apparent to scum) is detrimental to talk about.
In post 227, Taly wrote::/ Other than this I'm really just waiting for
Rabid/Fuzzy/Taco/Robb
to engage and
eyestott/Ame
to continue their reads/explanations.
In post 338, Taly wrote:goodnight lovelies, I'm loving the game momentum. :) It's a good mix between low and high energy that isn't chaotic or unnecessary.
In post 479, Taly wrote:
In post 290, popsofctown wrote:No one has PTs with just the town aligned players, so why are attempts at deception necessarily targeted at other townies and not the mafia?
VOTE: Robbnva for a potential perspective slip.

I also have a post restriction to my role, but it doesn't trigger unless Y'shtola votes me.
Yo, Y'shtola, mind voting Pops and testing this claim?
In post 479, Taly wrote:
p-edit

popsofctown wrote:Did two people replace out because I fake claimed a post restriction? I just don't understand
wtf
In post 480, Taly wrote:oh my god
In post 481, Taly wrote:i just got mindfucked
Above 4 posts are
maybe
dumbtelling.
In post 506, Taly wrote:lol I genuinely was writing and asking myself
"is it as easy as
pops/fuzzy/paragon
?"
In post 506, Taly wrote:
Paragon wrote:Fuzzy, Taco, Rabid's replacement should be the three wagons.
LOL, nope. Townread deleted.

Not only is this NOT all the people who replaced, but why are you placing emphasis on low activity slots / replacements? There's tons of information and accusation to absolve in this thread and your first response is to retreat to slots that have the least impact OR suspected you?

I'm not buying it. Plus, why should there be 3 wagons? Aren't we trying to get a consensus on one?

Also, replacements should be given a fair chance to put their stake - why are you emphasizing a preemptive push there beyond sorting their slot any further.

I don't want to lynch outside of Pops/Paragon/Fuzzy today.
In post 707, Taly wrote:
In post 704, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:@Taly
Fine Lynch, me i dont care... I trying to do the best I can. I m not going to fake reads and thoughts to make yall happy. It takes a bit for me to put my thoughts together/ I know I not super helpful atm. I am not like you and can make instant-reads. If yall cant understand that than just it over with......
Also how am any worse/ scummier then those who are jumping on the easiest wagon available and making zero reason to explain why.???

I think Paragon is newbtown. that is the vibe I am getting from him, I gues he could be newbscum but my potato senses is telling me newb town.

Btw- I was right about Paragon in post 388- (So there that)
:igmeou: Can people stop AtE'ing me at any point I ask for their perspective or tap them?
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Ame »

town read you up to 177 at which point I felt you were scum (this is meta based, I can bring up the quotes if you'd like but it's not really necessary)
stopped reading at around page 15 (I was just skimming and popping in since then)
your post explaining the truth was townie to me
catching up from 15 there were a number of posts that pinged me as obvWoL. Your 715 is also.

I'll quote specific stuff in my next detailed post.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Ame »

gosh damnit I had a gif all ready to go
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 723, Paragon wrote:
In post 721, Ame wrote:No I'm sleeping
Fun dreams!

No need to answer my question now of course. Enjoy lucidity if you're into that kind of thing!
I'm so going to have a dream where I'm on the forum and you post this same thing causing me to become lucid as I type this same post and then pops pops and explains to me that being awake was the dream all along.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Paragon »

Continue posting to the thread within your dream. Given you have an accurate impression of our personalities, we'll be able to respond instantly inside your dream so you should be able to formulate a solve with everyone present in no time!
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Paragon »

Does it count as lucidity if you have a dream where you go to sleep within the dream (inception style) and then become lucid within the dream's dream? I'm unsure if that's true lucidity or your dream tricking you into thinking you're lucid, and it's just the
idea
of lucidity that you're experiencing.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Ame »

Ha I wish! I've had so many dreams about identifying scum but they are always wrong. I think it's because dreaming is where all your fears and paranoias surface and so the most tinfoily (and wrong) solves manifest.

However
, I have had one dream come true recently:
In post 390, Ame wrote:On the bright side, I had a lovely dream about everyone changing their avatars to woopers.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=15892
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=24426
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=28780

In addition to a dream about pops.

I think there are layers (or maybe it's a spectrum) of lucidity. Like some parts of your awareness can activate and not others. For example, I've often become completely aware that I'm dreaming but try to convince my dream characters that it's just a dream. If I were fully aware however, I'd realize how irrational it is trying to convince non-existent beings of their non-existence, but I don't realize my error until I'm awake.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by Taly »

geee, im definitely caught scum now, how the fuck will i ever recover after

hopes and dreams of ever reaching that don clerone scummy have been dashed, time to go back to the newbie queue and self-vote every game to repent my transgressions
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Paragon »

In post 731, Ame wrote:I think there are layers (or maybe it's a spectrum) of lucidity. Like some parts of your awareness can activate and not others. For example, I've often become completely aware that I'm dreaming but try to convince my dream characters that it's just a dream. If I were fully aware however, I'd realize how irrational it is trying to convince non-existent beings of their non-existence, but I don't realize my error until I'm awake.
Oh, you're right; I think I've done this as well! I used to be really into lucid dreaming, but I would be plagued with constant false awakenings. My paranoia of waking up once I became lucid was so high that I'd imagine the feeling of my bed covers on me, and sounds from my bedroom, which would eventually lead to me "waking up" in my dream, dispelling the lucidity. No matter how many times I would tell myself while awake:
do not fall for the next false awakening
, I always would, they were so convincing :p

Also, yeah, I don't get this recent wooper craze, I thought you were in on it when you made that post lol. This is probably some kind of inner-inner-circle knowledge where wooper avatars make you stronger players or something.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:08 pm

Post by Paragon »

In post 732, Taly wrote:geee, im definitely caught scum now, how the fuck will i ever recover after

hopes and dreams of ever reaching that don clerone scummy have been dashed, time to go back to the newbie queue and self-vote every game to repent my transgressions
If I could add this post to , I would.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by eyestott »

I’m in a bit of a bad headspace right now cause I think I’m getting stood up for a date tonight
Hopefully he messages me back and says that it’s still happening!
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by Paragon »

Good luck with that, eyestott! No matter what happens, you're still awesome!
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by Wiisp »

In post 735, eyestott wrote:I’m in a bit of a bad headspace right now cause I think I’m getting stood up for a date tonight
Hopefully he messages me back and says that it’s still happening!
you are a strong independent woman, u don't need no man
but also that sucks
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by Aloratom »

In post 710, Taly wrote:
Aloratom wrote: If you're talking about mine, a more precise question would have helped actually. "I need a second pair of eyes there," doesn't tell me much. :]
heh, I guess so. Yeah, I just want another opinion on when I began scumreading
Pops
so I can have new context when I re-ISO and I won't feel like I'm tunneling, or unjustly doing so.

Looking at that 1v1 in a vacuum, it looks TvT to me. I understand Pops' principle point about the burden of a good player -- the better you are the more there is expected of you. And looking at it from your point of view, it looked like you were getting lost in the Mafia game jargon. I think there was some miscommunication, but I didn't see any misrepresentations by either of you, just debate.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by Paragon »

In post 253, Aloratom wrote:
In post 252, Robbnva wrote:He’s got a gimmick. I normally hate gimmicks but this one isn’t annoying
Implied a recruiting ability in
Hinted at an investigative in
Hinted at Miller in
Macho Cop
Roleblocker
in retrospect was Paragon talking to himself and not being clear about asking Wiisp a question
was a disingenuous question to me when it could have been cleared up by just saying a mistake was made
claims to have a question quota role in a normal game
And is still a scummy post

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the L-1 test, but it all adds up to scummy behavior to me.

VOTE: Paragon
NDMath, could you explain what you found bad about this attack on me? I don't think it implies Aloratom is scared of mechanics like you mentioned, it looks more like Aloratom is suspicious of me for fake-crumbing/causing confusion as scum.

Additionally, do you mind explaining what you found weird about popsofctown's defense of me? You were also townreading me at the time of writing that.

VOTE: NDMath to show respect.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Paragon towning it up in here.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by Ame »

Good luck eyes! It would be his loss to miss out on such a beautiful soul.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Ame »

@Aloratom
In post 253, Aloratom wrote:
In post 252, Robbnva wrote:He’s got a gimmick. I normally hate gimmicks but this one isn’t annoying
Implied a recruiting ability in
Hinted at an investigative in
Hinted at Miller in
Macho Cop
Roleblocker
These are NAI. You may find these anti-town, but how are they scummy? What's the scum motivation behind it? It's clear he's just being silly.
in retrospect was Paragon talking to himself and not being clear about asking Wiisp a question
claims to have a question quota role in a normal game
Same for these, how are they scum indicative?
And is still a scummy post
How is it scummy given that it came from Paragon and he was responding to Wisp?
was a disingenuous question to me when it could have been cleared up by just saying a mistake was made
And again how is this scummy? I felt there was a lot to get out of how people treated Conspire and I was disappointed Taly ended it. This case is weak and superficial. It's good for an early push, but you're still down to lynch him for these reasons?
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Ame »

@Taly
In post 247, Taly wrote:Ultimately, she's a town lean because
she hasn't posted any fluff so far
, so her stances feel less contrived.
In post 285, Ame wrote:2. How had I not posted anything BUT fluff up until now? This is really weird. Like all my opening posts were non-game related and being silly. And the only game-related thing I really posted was a naked read list with no elaboration.
In post 479, Taly wrote:2) You came in voting and giving reads, your presence sparked a bit of conversational activity the other night and your entrance actually helped me form some of my reads a bit better. Naked readslist aren't necessarily void of information and that's why I've been prodding you for more nuanced opinions since entered the thread with confident reads I agree with pops/eyestott/robb/paragon (weaker now). I also want your opinions so I can dive into your thought process to help me solve you. Even when you have any fluffy posts, they're not convoluted and are easy to follow, and you ask questions consistently. My take on your posting is that it's not meant to make the game harder to read by its presence. That's a trait of an actively engaged player.
I have to nitpick this some. The fluff line is weird to me because it's inaccurate. Is this not all fluff?

Spoiler:
In post 126, Ame wrote:Hi Wimpy!
Hi pops!
Hi Wisp! I didn't expect to see you here. The last time you played here was undertale, wasn't it?
In post 149, Ame wrote:
In post 127, Robbnva wrote:jfc
:wink:
In post 129, Paragon wrote:Ame!
hmm!!?
In post 132, Wiisp wrote:Wait were u part of the Rwby hydra? @Ame
I may or may not be someone from mc >_>
In post 134, Paragon wrote:Conspire seemed really towny from their one post; they're top of my reads list. Rabid Schnauzer needs to do something.
In post 136, Paragon wrote:Really? What gave you that impression? Do you think the fact they've posted only once means they're avoiding the thread?
:mrgreen:

I love this playerlist so far!
In post 150, Ame wrote:Pocketed by Conspire's avatar. Like I'm never voting that, ever.
In post 160, Ame wrote:
In post 152, Wiisp wrote:Plz no more Osie alts, I swear to god
No but really no. Maybe I'll tell you some day. Refrigerator.
In post 153, Taly wrote:Hey
Ame
! :)
Tai! I didn't recognize you without the rwby gifs. So this is what you look like as town.
In post 155, Paragon wrote:The trainee sends her regards, Ame.
Oh my :cop:

No wonder why I felt a spiritual connection to this slot <3
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by Ame »

@Taco
In post 541, Taco wrote:this is so satisfying to watch
I've watched it at least 30+ times.
In post 561, Taco wrote:1. Is hectic an alt of yours?
No. Of course not.
No
. Why would you think that?

Spoiler:
No but really no. Maybe I'll tell you someday. Refrigerator.

In post 561, Taco wrote:as of lately I’ve been a DK main with piranha plant in my corner, hbu? & hell yeah I’m always down to smash
dash attack, shield grab, cargo throw x_x

Jigglypuff > Kirby > Ness > GANON and a little bit of Dr. M/Palutena
In post 562, Taco wrote:@ame– do you have a read on paragon?
I do now. He's town.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Ame »

@Luca
In post 683, Luca Blight wrote:She’s trying to buddy Rhul as well. She’s too trusting of her, which doesn’t resonate with me.
Every time she speaks my heart fills with fire. You honestly believe a Sin Eater could provide such warmth? To me it is the mark of a Warrior and a true Seeker of the Sun.
In post 595, Luca Blight wrote:I didn’t really notice Taco when I skimmed through, but upon Iso’ing he could be scum as well. A fair number of posts but hardly any content to speak of.
In post 631, Luca Blight wrote:I haven’t got round to looking at Taco’s meta yet.
Does this help you out?

Spoiler:
In post 360, Luca Blight wrote:I feel Flippy is Town; I have a fair bit of experience with him and this effortless posting style in town-indicative of him imo. I've seen him mislynched too many times off the back of it and I'm not letting it happen again on D1.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by Ame »

I wasn't able to fall asleep so reads and stuff whenever that happens. I need a fresh mind to sort.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 734, Paragon wrote:
In post 732, Taly wrote:geee, im definitely caught scum now, how the fuck will i ever recover after

If I could add this post to , I would.
Paragon
, the issue with your scumread on me is that it's purely based off tonal gut feelings that can't be defended against. The fact that you're not even pushing your vote on me while you scumread me is because you're positioning yourself, listing reasons to doubt my alignment without actually engaging with me. It's mislynchbaity.

And tbh, false. Nothing you said is AI of me in because your scumread is based on my personality. You took about *every* post I gave emotion into and are saying it's all a generalized reason to why I'm scum.

I've explicitly told you the progression behind my scumread on you.

I've asked you multiple questions about how your reads have changed in respect to your other scumreads.

I've been very clear about how rolefishing or discussing setup spec could be problematic as that negates discussion about alignments early game.

I've even asked you to confirm if nothing was clear.

But you've either responded to half of what I said, didn't respond much at all, or just find reasons to add to why I'm scum to you. This is how I cannot envision you coming from a town mindset because this is both detached AND uncooperative. I don't understand how this can be town.

It's too late for me to just link up eveything from my ISO. I'm not doing other people's work for them, especially when several people are saying they're going to ISO and push reads out but aren't.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by Taly »

This gamestate doesn't make much sense anymore.

I can't tell if the lack of traction on strongly scumreads slots are town or scum indicative.

And I think each of my posts the past few pages have fallen on deaf ears aside from
Pops/Alo/Ame
, and I scumread one.

I still want engagement from
Luca/Taco
but I'm not going to pull teeth.

I'm going to pump reads out soon, perhaps people aren't understanding my viewpoint much.

And spewing opinions is about the only thing keeping me from wallowing in apathy, aside from people approaching me unprompted.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Taly »

Ame
, you saying I'm town automatically is not fluff, unless you didn't mean that?

And the rest of the stuff is fluffy, but I'm not going to jump onto a person's ISO and find everything that isn't 100% game content to be full of fluff. You don't register as someone who's filling the thread with content that doesn't provide much.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”