farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:19 am

Post by farside22 »

vote: Iron Man

With the sudden guess my role to the I see DBE is the lynch and sudden disappearance. I don't get what happened with him.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:23 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

strappado wrote: So in these theme games with so a vast array of characters and abilities, is it common to discuss all night actions, or play it close to the vest? What's the custom?
Player discretion, I'd say. If you have a night action you feel ought to be revealed, then reveal it.

Anyway. Iron Man's play yesterday, and no particularly interest in going after DBE leaves me feeling OK about his lynch today. I feel pretty good about spyrex, its just such a gamble to counterclaim like that, knowing it'll get a buddy lynched, for just the possibility of being semi-confirmed.

Vote Iron Man.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:15 am

Post by Mirth »

vote: Spyrex

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 55#1150555
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 46#1150746

Going over these posts again, I realized they claimed the same night action, ecept Darla added in the roleblock part which her death description doen't reflect. Spyrex, I want answers from you about that. Do you think both you and Darla would have the same role and be on opposite sides?

Also, I demand answers from Iron Man for yesterdays questions.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:18 am

Post by farside22 »

Mirth wrote:
vote: Spyrex

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 55#1150555
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 46#1150746

Going over these posts again, I realized they claimed the same night action, ecept Darla added in the roleblock part which her death description doen't reflect. Spyrex, I want answers from you about that. Do you think both you and Darla would have the same role and be on opposite sides?

Also, I demand answers from Iron Man for yesterdays questions.
It seems like DBE was saying hers was a RB where Spyrex is saying his is a redirector.
Who did you target Spyrex and why?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
strappado wrote: So in these theme games with so a vast array of characters and abilities, is it common to discuss all night actions, or play it close to the vest? What's the custom?
Player discretion, I'd say. If you have a night action you feel ought to be revealed, then reveal it.
I agree with ninja. If you feel said info is absolutly necessary to help the town at this moment then you can give it. Otherwise you may want to keep it for yourself to use later. You can always breadcrumb it anyway. Only game type where all night actions are always discussed is small town and this is not a small town game.

I must say that I am now more confused about my role's use and flavor then I was day 1. I think I was either targetted by alot of people last night or I have simply been reading my role entirly wrong this whole time. I'm going to need a moment to figure this all out.

First thing I want to know about is who SpreX targeted last night. The Role reveal says Darla was a french taunter and was also scum. I definatly wasn't expecting her to be both of those. I don't know what that may mean for SpyreX since the rational behind a counterclaim as scum would be crazy, but even I feel we should learn what SpreX did last night because of this matter. If he really is indeed a second taunter/role attractor I want to know what's up with his actions.

Also @Elvis,

1) I
now
assume you don't have cigarettes and matches for me. But can you "
paraphrase
" what you heard from me instead of that? My english is a bit rusty.
2) And also does the phrase: "The queen or mother has elephant ankles" mean anything to you? You can just say yes or no if you don't want to elaborate on this one. This flavor of mine is confusing.

I'll bring up my earlier case on Strappado later on should I feel its still relevant. Looks like we are dealing with a cult because of the role reveal on Luigi being an unrecruiter. And it also looks like the Spainish Inquistion is responsible for Bruce's Death. I don't know if that makes the inquistion scum or not but these are things we should keep in mind.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:32 am

Post by Mirth »

DBE was saying she was an RB and Spyrex said he was basically a limited lightningrod (attracting the action to himself).

Look at DBE's listing in the dead players list. It says "Role Attractor." Which is pretty much what Spyrex described himself as. So their roles according to this look identical except for her possible post restriction (we don't actually know if it was faked) and different clips showcasing the same taunter.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

I understand what you are saying Mirth. The phrase role attractor would describe SpyreX better since he said he didn't role block.

Also I am fairly certain DBE's post restriction was BS since she claimed only 1 warning penalty and what I outlined in post #590 clearly shows she should have gotten more.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:44 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PokerFace wrote:
Also @Elvis,

1) I
now
assume you don't have cigarettes and matches for me. But can you "
paraphrase
" what you heard from me instead of that? My english is a bit rusty.
LOL. Okay. Last night I was received a "visitor." The player was not revealed to me, but shaft.ed gave me a message. I am not allowed to quote it (I was warned), but I can paraphrase it. The message was a sort of weird innuendo involving alpacas, (would I perform something on his mischevious alpaca?). I thought it was pokerface at the time because I think his role is the dirty hungarian (as I posted yesterday). I do not however know what he was really trying to ask me, or what his deal is with the cigarettes and matches. I don't have cigarettes or matches.

Anyway, FWIW, I replied to the alpaca message that yes, I am quite fond of alpacas. I really just said that for the fun of it. I have no idea what was going on. But I can confirm that I had a visitor last night and that I was given a message that I didn't understand.
2) And also does the phrase: "The queen or mother has elephant ankles" mean anything to you? You can just say yes or no if you don't want to elaborate on this one. This flavor of mine is confusing.
I don't know what you're talking about :D
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:09 am

Post by SpyreX »

So...
Mirth wrote:Going over these posts again, I realized they claimed the same night action, ecept Darla added in the roleblock part which her death description doen't reflect. Spyrex, I want answers from you about that. Do you think both you and Darla would have the same role and be on opposite sides?
Well, like I said, I expected her to come up roleblocker and not actually a "French Taunter" - so I am surprised by that. So, considering the way it went down... yes?

And we did not claim the same night action - that was part of my questioning about her claim. She said she was a roleblocker. I am a redirecter/limited lightning rod.

As I said, I have no idea if who I targeted knows they actually got my information, but we'll see based on this.

My night action did go through. I'm more than happy to tell everyone but I have one question first - did anyone else get visited by the bridgekeeper?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:25 am

Post by farside22 »

No.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:30 am

Post by Mirth »

No.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:36 am

Post by strappado »

No.

also, there's a monty python skit where someone is trying to ask for a cigarette and matches and a conversation ensues with shoddy translation books and eventually one or the other is dragged off by the police...I'm a little rusty on it though, I'd have to do some youtube searching...but that's who I think pokerface is.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:41 am

Post by farside22 »

strappado wrote:No.

also, there's a monty python skit where someone is trying to ask for a cigarette and matches and a conversation ensues with shoddy translation books and eventually one or the other is dragged off by the police...I'm a little rusty on it though, I'd have to do some youtube searching...but that's who I think pokerface is.
Can you link this skit?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:45 am

Post by Mirth »

farside22 wrote:
strappado wrote:No.

Can you link this skit?
I'm pretty sure she means the Dirty Hungarian Phrasebook skit here, which Elvis already brought up. (Though there is another cigarette shop skit that I can think of off the top of my head...hmmm...let me try something)

Pokerface: are you really looking for a prostitute?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

Despite all the crap I was hit with last night, I do not believe bridgekeeper was among them.

Also, yes elvis that was probably me. I crumbed what it was I really asked about and I guess I have my answer to that and I now know what it is you heard instead of my question.
elvis_knits wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
Also @Elvis,

1)
I
now
assume you don't have cigarettes and matches for me.
But can you "paraphrase" what you heard from me instead of that? My english is a bit rusty.
LOL. Okay. Last night I was received a "visitor." The player was not revealed to me, but shaft.ed gave me a message. I am not allowed to quote it (I was warned), but I can paraphrase it. The message was a sort of weird innuendo involving alpacas, (would I perform something on his mischevious alpaca?). I thought it was pokerface at the time because I think his role is the dirty hungarian (as I posted yesterday). I do not however know what he was really trying to ask me, or what his deal is with the cigarettes and matches.
I don't have cigarettes or matches
It appears I ended up asking you a completly different question, but you were still able to help me figure somethings out. Needless to say at this point, shaft.ed is having fun with this game. I kinda wish you, elvis, hadn't tried to guess my role name, but I suppose I did go overboard on my breadcrumbing on day 1. Because Elvis made a guess is why we just went through this craziness about a visit. I will not confirm or denie if your guess is correct or not. I know the answer, but I don't feel that info is helpful to the town right now. I also will not confirm or denie at this time what it is my role's crazy flavor and junk really mean. And that's because I don't know this answer entirely yet. I'm still looking for some kind of pattern or means of figuring that out. But I can say that I don't think I am looking for a prostitute. I don't know what sketch you are talking about there Mirth. Still though should I end up figuring things out and I later feel I know something useful to the town, I will be glad to tell it to all of you then.

<<Waits for others to weigh in on bridgekeeper nonsence. I want to know who SpyreX targeted soon.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:13 am

Post by chenhsi »

What bridgekeeper? I didn't get visited by anybody.
SpyreX wrote:And we did not claim the same night action - that was part of my questioning about her claim. She said she was a roleblocker. I am a redirecter/limited lightning rod.
Is it possible that one of you is lying about your role and that both of you actually have the same ability?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Mirth »

Ah it appears Chenshi has joined the living. Why did you ignore all of us yesterday? Why do you ask that question when we already know that Darla was not lying about her role, just probably her ability?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:22 am

Post by SpyreX »

Well, her half of it has been proven - she was lying about her alignment.

Unless you assume I bussed a scum-partner, I would have no reason to lie about anything I've said. It'll become clear today.

P.S. Post more in all your games, lord.

Who hasn't chimed in yet, and I really think we should wait for everyone before I explain why I'm waiting and being so cryptic (I think there's a more than decent chance I caught a scum through my action last night)
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:26 am

Post by chenhsi »

I didn't think of that question yesterday... and I don't remember ignoring anyone yesterday. Well, at least not anyone in particular. Or any group of people in particular. Unless you include everyone besides myself as a group.

And Spyrex, who are you referring to with the last 2 paragraphs?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:27 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PokerFace wrote: I kinda wish you, elvis, hadn't tried to guess my role name, but I suppose I did go overboard on my breadcrumbing on day 1.
I'm sorry if it screws something up for you, but you seemed to keep asking about the cigs yesterday and it seemed that you needed help of some sort. In all the craziness, I recognized the quote about "my nipples explode with delight" and was trying to help.

Uh and about a bridegkeeper... I don't think I was visited by one. I only had the one visitor.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:28 am

Post by chenhsi »

Why is everyone getting visited? What about me? :(
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:29 am

Post by elvis_knits »

If you want to be propositioned about beastiality, talk to pokerface.
Talk nerdy to me.

chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:30 am

Post by chenhsi »

Huh?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Mirth »

chenhsi wrote:I didn't think of that question yesterday... and I don't remember ignoring anyone yesterday. Well, at least not anyone in particular. Or any group of people in particular. Unless you include everyone besides myself as a group.

And Spyrex, who are you referring to with the last 2 paragraphs?
Soooo you just admitted to ignoring everyone? Why did you not play yesterday?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”